[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my brother has a girlfriend, and I couldn't be happier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: joseph-stalin-AB.jpg (83KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
joseph-stalin-AB.jpg
83KB, 334x250px
So my brother has a girlfriend, and I couldn't be happier for him. She is really nice and sweet and all the jazz, but the way she treats me bothers me.
Whenever I try to make a joke or anything of the sort, she acts and looks as if I just called her the N-word or something. As if I had just spoken in a different language, while simultaneously growing a third head. Confused and annoyed is what im trying to say.
It seems that when I try to be friendly, I either come of as really weird or cold.

Secondly, whenever she comes to visit (from a different state) and we all eat together as a family, i always end up making myself look bad. This extends to other family activities too. Whenever I say the wrong thing or make a bad joke, my parents or brother are quick to ostracize me and go on a circlejerk of insulting me or ganging up on me for a little mistake. This always happens in front of her, and when I talk to them about it they say I am simply taking things too seriously, or that I cant take a joke.
Its been so bad that whenever she visits my mood worsens when im around her. And she only ever comes during holidays, so I look like the jackass of a grinch that is trying to ruin Christmas or Thanksgiving. All I want to do is do good in school, do my work, and make people laugh, but I end up looking like this mean guy who hates my brothers girlfriend.
I really don't know what to do. Sorry for the long post.
>>
Can you give us an example of the jokes that you make?
>>
>>16627456
Your momma so fat she fat
>>
>>16627451

How can someone consistently make himself a fool in every single holiday

are you sure you aren't exaggerating this?
>>
>>16627451
You are probably acting completely autistic and not even aware of it. Your family just feels compelled to correct you now to save face since there are other people visiting.
>>
>>16627508
Let me explain; i exaggerated and was using holidays as an example, as she came for Christmas. I didn't mean to make it seem like I made myself a fool, as there are plenty other times when the opposite of what i described has happened.
>>16627512
Im not acting autistic, as the same humor is fine with most other people. I understand that she may have a different sense of humor, but the reactions she gives and the rude way she acts towards me is unwarranted.
>>16627456
I can't think of one of the top of my head, but they are mostly along the lines of a dry sense of humor.

For the record, its not like the second I'm around her i suddenly develop and extra chromosome.
>>
>>16627538
>dry sense of humor
Easy to mistake for being a cunt and a downer. Practice something more flippant or just don't make jokes.
>>
>>16627451
I'd just keep my mouth shut around her. Don't even acknowledge her.
>>
You're ugly
>>
>>16627538
Is this the first time you've met someone who doesn't get dry humor?
>>
>>16627586
nah.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.