[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When a girl/woman says she wants a confident guy, what does she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 1425966474.jpg (51KB, 780x869px) Image search: [Google]
1425966474.jpg
51KB, 780x869px
When a girl/woman says she wants a confident guy, what does she mean by that?
What does this "confidence" mean to her?
>>
She means charismatic, she wants to be proud being with you
>>
>>16625882
A guy with more muscle, taller, and a bigger dick than your's that's not afraid to use it
>>
I've been thinking about this a lot but I've had guy friends from both ends of the spectrum and one thing I can tell you is that if you're speaking to a woman and she brings up the topic of sex even from a remote perspective, don't fucking drop spaghetti and run for the hills. Don't clam up and go catatonic either.

I think the biggest difference is that my charismatic friends seem relaxed and capable even if something makes them feel uncomfortable.
>>
>>16625891
>>16625888
i want girls to reply pls, as a guy myself i'm already aware of all the superstitions.

i meant, how is confidence expressed in action? What kind of actions?
>>
>>16625882
Charismatic, comfortable in his own skin, able to take charge, able to call her out on her bullshit. Not a crybaby who is scared of her or a doormat.
>>
>>16625903
I had a recent experience where a girl who worked as a bartend said her favorite drink was the "blowjob shot", i pretty much went catatonic since i didn't know how to react. i don't even think she was hitting on me, just what are you supposed to say to that?
>>
>>16625927
"Yeah mine too"
>>
>>16625906
>Charismatic
>a Christian who emphasizes such a religious experience.
>Weber introduced the personality charisma sense when he applied charisma to designate a form of authority. To explain charismatic authority he developed his classic definition:
>Charisma is a certain quality of an individual personality by virtue of which he is set apart from ordinary men and treated as endowed with supernatural, superhuman, or at least specifically exceptional powers or qualities. These are such as are not accessible to the ordinary person, but are regarded as of divine origin or as exemplary, and on the basis of them the individual concerned is treated as a leader.
High standards, yo. A leader with supernatural powers granted from GOD
>>
>>16625953
WE WUZ CHARISMATIC
>>
Part of it is being happy and self assured enough to focus on what you are doing and on other people instead of worrying about yourself on meta level. Crippling insecurity is just as self centered as extreme cockiness, just a negative focus on yourself. If you are less worried about whether you do things good enough, how she perceives you, what kind of image she has of you and so on, that leaves you more energy and a better mindset to be in the moment and have fun.
Eg, if she takes you to a party where you don't know many people, it is preferred if you just try to make small talk with someone and shrug it off if it doesn't really work out, instead of clinging to her and saying you feel that people look at her weirdly and can't you just leave already.

The second part is having a healthy independence in a relationship. Girls want to be with someone who is sweet to them and treats them well, but not with someone who falls over himself to attend to their every whim and are too afraid to tell them when too much is too much. You will be most respected if you have the balls to tell her when she crosses your boundaries or you feel something she does is out of line, without acting out a cold alpha act, just in sincerity, the way you (hopefully) would to friends as well. Also with kindness it's not that the less assertive you are, the sweeter you are. If you don't have the gut to stand up for yourself, that sweetness is more like slavishness and cowardice. Only when you have it in you to treat them otherwise, but treat them kindly anyway, it's actual kindness.
>>
Women often get confidence confused with arrogance. truly confident people don't always have to assert themselves. then again, women don't want someone who is so insecure that they won't talk or express themselves.
>>
>>16625882
Someone who doesn't ask what confidence is
>>
>>16625882
It means she's not attracted to you because you are a spineless doormat.
>>
Security and even optimism regarding his personal abilities/qualities, coupled with a drive to satisfy self-interest.
>>
A guy who can grab her by the hair and fuck her against the Wall

basically
>>
>>16625927
"Oh shit blowjob shots are so fun. That's the one with the whipped cream on top, right?"

But I could understand your reaction if you've never had one before.
>>
>>16625971
Kind of what this guy is saying but I think guys are more confused. Girls don't like assholes but probably like wienies even less.
>>
>>16626458
There are two kinds of asshole. Some assholes want stuff that only works out for themselves. Some assholes want stuff that works out for others. People--men and women alike--tend to be pretty accepting of the latter.

But like you said, no one likes a weenie. There's only one kind of meek person and it's universally unappealing.
>>
Who've drown the op image?
So pretty
>>
So if I'm the type of guy who rips her clothes off in bed, and fucks her hard

am I confident?
>>
>>16626471
There is a writing saying "Peter" but there's only a million of Peter in the world...
>>
>>16625882
Theres a very thin line between confidence and arrogance and imo they are the same thing. I think all it has to do with is first impression. I've been called confident by some and arrogant by others. It wasnt like I acted differently around them either. Maybe something ticked people off in a certain direction.

Either way girls dont give a damn if you're confident or cocky/arrogant as long as you dont treat them badly. Worry more about the way you view yourself rather than whether or not you have the right amount of confidence to avoid seeming arrogant.

I'd say the biggest indicators of confidence are:
-Well groomed (slobs are never deemed confident even if they internally are)
-Good posture
-Eye contact (major, if you cant look someone in the eye and smile as they pass you by on the sidewalk work on it)
-Smiling (shows charisma and comfort)
-Being genuine (probably the most important - just say whatever is on your mind and don't shield your opinion from others)

Going against the grain is hard to do because of social pressure but sometimes it's just a fact of life that you have a unique voice in an echo chamber. Use it. Just a word of advice though, you can't force confidence, it simply happens.

Some guys have this idea in their head that they can force confidence by always being different, speaking up, volunteering first, etc...The key here is being genuine. You dont always have to speak up or volunteer to lead the group project or be the spotlight. Confidence comes from being comfortable with yourself and your achievements, not by doing a specific set of actions. The reason why fake it til you make it works is because all you have to do is believe you're confident. No action is necessary.
>>
>>16626531

The fuck is confidence?

it's only a nice Word people use but none knows their exact meaning

just be yourself like the poster above said, be genuine.

don't be a pussy

people will think you're confident
>>
>>16626471
Reverse image search. The artist is Peter Xiao.
>>
>>16626549
I forgot that.
Thanks!!!!
>>
>>16625882

generally speaking its the kind of guy who knows whats up. 99% of confidence is actually having the ability/looks etc to back up the confidence.

a fedora neckbeard who acts like a chad is not confident, he is arrogant.
>>
>>16626843
>a fedora neckbeard who acts like a chad is not confident, he is arrogant.
BUT HE IS BEING HIMSELF/GENUINE NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING THATS CONFIDENT!!!11

>>16626471
http://drawcrowd.com/peterxiao

>>16626531
isn't being well groomed a display of insecurity? it means you care about how you look = how others perceive you.
smiling can be creepy if you're not handsome. or even if you're handsome. same with eye contact.
speaking up can be annoying to others.

i think this guy gets it >>16626843 as much as i don't want to believe it.
>>
>>16625927
Really? What is that?
>>
>>16626943
well it was after she already explained it, so there's no point in asking that. in retrospect, i should've said "that's very lewd" or something like that. english is not my native language.
>>
physically attractive and aware of it

there is no other meaning to it
>>
>>16625882
>What does this "confidence" mean to her?
It means confidence in the most basic sense: a belief in your own abilities and capacity to get by. Though in this specific instance, the connotation is that even if she turns you down, you will survive, and you not only know this but take it to heart.

Your fear of rejection must not rule over you. One of the modern reasons women don't approach men is that this (theoretically) filters out all of the men at the bottom tiers of confidence. Men thus afflicted are so afraid of rejection that they never dare approach. So if she never approaches either, that's a whole lot of frogs that she never has to even deal with, let alone kiss: it's effective and efficient.

This is also, incidentally, why Nice Guys are so feared. They figured out a way to approach without "approaching", thus exposing a hole in a favorite tactic.
>>
>>16626474
>"am i confident?"

lel this sentence is literally the opposite of confidence
>>
>>16625927
>"I've tried that. I think it tastes like dick."
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.