[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you self-learn or teach yourself independly a new skill?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1416988553536.jpg (85KB, 981x1146px) Image search: [Google]
1416988553536.jpg
85KB, 981x1146px
How do you self-learn or teach yourself independly a new skill? Even more interested in learning a university course all by yourself in a faster amount of time.
>>
Lynda.com

Most schools use it anyway.
>>
File: IMG_20151231_065418.jpg (106KB, 598x252px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151231_065418.jpg
106KB, 598x252px
>>16625764
Get a book on it and read it or just search the net about it. When you know the basics o it try to use or just practice the skill til you master it. That is pretty much it I guess you'd differed in what you do for each skill and shit you want to learn.
>>
>>16625764
Basically what the anon above me said
get books, resources, learn what you can and practice.

depends what you want to learn. In all cases you can theoretically teach yourself but its good to have a peer that knows what their doing. So see if you can get courses or acquainted with someone over email or private lessons etc. Something so that you have someone to critique you.
>>
>>16625764
I learn by doing. This combines well with the fact that i am a very curious person, especially when it comes to the inner workings of things. I pick up technical principles very easily because of this.
Today:
> design and testing of matine electronics
> same paygrade as my engineering friends
> never finished hischool

It boils down to having time enough to read up on a subject enough to get curious about its practical application and then try it out
> "oh, N2k is just a slughtly modified rs485? Suck it, Simrad, I'm building my own autopilot... I might even base it on linux and perl because i can"

The downside to this approach is that it takes longer, but i feel that i learn more as i stumble into caveats that aren't necessarily taught anywhere.

I'm currently trying to figure out how women work, but this is by far the most difficult thing I've started.
> tfw married with 3 kids
>>
>>16625812
How do you get the discipline to keep practicing?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.