[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ what are your thoughts on pot? Positives? Negatives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Pot-Leaf.jpg (83KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
Pot-Leaf.jpg
83KB, 550x367px
Hey /adv/ what are your thoughts on pot?

Positives?
Negatives?
Experiences that made you have a negative view on it?
>>
have read about lots of bad experiences about it

mostly long term users (like a decade)

they become somewhat dependent to it, and have a hard time when trying to quit

lots of them says they have alot of improvements on their life once they are clean
>>
Sometimes fun but frequently makes me anxious, so I don't do it anymore.
>>
Use it in the weekends when you've got nothing else to do, no work, no homework or whatsoever. Doing it everyday makes hou really dependent on it. And for someone who's a student or has a shitty job I'd recommend not buying it constantly.
>>
>>16623987
I found out through pot that I had an addictive personality. Took me a while to actually admit this to myself, but something about weed is addictive as fuck to me.
I had no problem with alcohol, but I would smoke pot every hour of every day until I ran out, then I would scrape my bowl and smoke the resin. I could never keep resin on a piece for more than a week because I would smoke it between the time it took my dealer to text me back.
When I smoked often I became a lazy piece of shit who had terrible eating and sleeping habits. I was unproductive yet I was convinced that it was better to do everything on pot- eat, sleep, shit, listen to music, do homework, everything. It made me depressed and I came to enjoy the moments when I was sober, as if it were a high, yet I couldn't resist lighting up. Pot also made me extremely paranoid, socially awkward, and killed my memory.

As soon as I found out I was pregnant I quit cold turkey. I had the best semester of my life and made dean's list for the first time. I learned how to deal with stress naturally, instead of having weed as my crutch. My memory improved by over 9000x, I felt alive and healthy for the first time in a while.

When I'm no longer breastfeeding, I will try toking up again, but only on rare occasions and for recreational use only.
That is the kind of use I advise- recreational and sparse. It is really special and mind-blowing the first few times you try it. If you start doing it routinely, it loses a lot of that special-ness, no matter how long of a tolerance break you take in between, you will just become numb to the effects after so much use. (Not saying you won't get high, just saying it won't be the same).

If it's your first time and you're going to be around people, arm yourself with eye drops and something to drink. I got red eyes like a motherfucker and the whole room would ridicule me, and since I'm shy, it was the worst feeling in the world. Also cotton mouth is a bitch.
>>
>>16624056
also this, it worsened my depression and anxiety. I say worsened instead of "gave", although when I quit pot my depression and anxiety magically disappeared, so pretty sure there's a correlation there
>>
>>16623987
I've seen functioning people use it, and fucked up people use it.

I guess all I can say is everyone has their own reaction to it.

Personally, I am prone to anxiety, depression, racing thoughts, etc. So every time I have tried weed, it seemed to magnify that. It was not relaxing or fun. I just had racing thoughts 10fold and become super paranoid and cried myself to sleep.

I don't think it cures anything. I don't think it's "natural" I mean, coke comes from the earth, heroin comes from the earth, tobacco comes from the earth, alcohol comes from the earth, and no one debates it like they do marijuana.

As far as being addictive, that also depends on the person. Video games and tv and eating can be addictive depending on the person.

I still think it could be used recreationally, but that doesn't mean it's good for you.
>>
>>16623987

>positives
good for pain and sleeping
good for parties. it's a pretty social drug a lot of people enjoy doing
stoned sex is really awesome
a good sativa can be a lot of fun if you're running errands
music/movies/books are better
good stoner food

>negatives
can really ruin your shit if it's all you got
makes you lazy, tired, forgetful, anxious
can be expensive- 50 for an 8th is common around where i'm at

pot isn't addictive in the chemical sense like heroin or coke are but it can definitely be crippling. i've known a lot of people who use pot as a crutch and when they don't have it they get really shitty and mean and desperate. it's not something a lot of stoners like to talk about or acknowledge but being dependent on weed is detrimental to your life and health.

if you're gonna smoke weed do it in moderation. getting high all day can be fun at first but when you've been doing it for awhile it'll just fuck you up. it's good for winding down or partying but don't overdo it. plus if you go for a bit in between smoke sessions you'll need less weed to get stoned and have a better time.
>>
Weed is a psychoactive that can't really be categorized in any of the major classes and its effects vary from user to user. For some it acts like a stimulant, for others like a sedative and for some others it might be a strong hallucinogen.
One thing is sure about it though: It makes you think slow, like when you're very drunk, and at the same time very differently from the way you normally think.

My personal experience with it has been as with a strong hallucinogen that forced the doors of my imagination wide open and I'd basically be dreaming while fully awake for days after smoking it.
It made me realize the small obsessions I have, patterns in my behavior, but also triggered a severe anxiety with symptoms similar to those of paranoid Schizophrenia which doesn't surprise me, given the mental health history of my family.
>>
marijuana is the most deceptive drug that exists.

culturally we have gone from fear and paranoia about it to breezy acceptance as if it's as harmless as catnip.

it saturates the fat cells in your brain and body and subtly encourages addiction, habituation, dependency.

it alters your self-perception and perception of the world and cognitive processes, often sending users on decade long wrong paths in their lives.

it enhances sensual activities but in doing so strengthens the addiction to such things. it has a strange effect on the sex energies and traps people in sexual psychosis, strange fantasies they would hardly entertain while lucid and clear.

as usage continues, the entire body is saturated by thc and other stuff in it, one is never truly free from its influences, however sober you feel between sessions. it insidiously takes over your entire life.

you'll try to quit and struggle harder than with anything in the world, its subtle deceptive tricks will lure you back in again and again and again.

not everyone will be trapped so deeply by it but many will and it might happen to you. you will look back on years of your life wondering what happened, flicking through pages of memories of endless cycles of use, confused and anxious paranoiac highs, schizophrenic self-delusions and emotional rollercoasters, wondering why you kept doing it to yourself.

sometimes it's better to be bored, depressed, sober, and grounded in reality, than to alter your brain and perception of self and the world on a constant basis, living in a world of delusion and illusions.

marijuana is the most deceptive drug that exists.
>>
It's not as bad as its detractors claim, nor is it as good as its proponents claim.
>>
Indifferent mostly. I smoked it once, and didnt understand all the hype. No appeal for me really.

I don't care if others smoke, as long as they're intelligent about it. For example, my ex was always high and was impossible to talk to because of it. That was a deal breaker, but it would be fine if it was just a way to relax on the weekends or something.
>>
>>16623987

internally i feel like its wrong probably because the way i was raised. i do drink beer though, so whats the difference? i hear about all the supposed facts and i dont deny em (nor do i research to see if their true) but i like to think im above judging.

so if the general consensus is that weed is better than alcohol, than thats everyones business. i wont partake, but yeah.

I imagine its perfectly healthy if its something you do in the evening or on a lazy sunday. but a lot of the people i knew in college would go home or back to dorm and immediately just start getting high. i dont know where they got all the money for pot they were non stop and they literally never did anything.

despite this i still have sexual fantasies about those pretentious spiritual hippie stoner types with headbands.
>>
>>16624424
you didn't understand the hype because marijuana is not a simple substance like other drugs, it's very complex and continued use saturates the brain cells, effecting each subsequent use and assuring addiction and habituation.

it's really a shame that the cultural zeitgeist seems to be edging towards total legalization of recreational use. it's going to be a wild ride in the next hundred years with nations full of millions of delusional schizophrenic stoners.
>>
File: 1451454344103.jpg (156KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1451454344103.jpg
156KB, 800x1136px
>>16624416
4chan man said it, so it must be true.
>>
>>16623987
Student here. I usually only smoke on the weekends (usually once a week or once every few weeks). I've never been addicted, I've gone months without smoking with no issues. I feel like it alters my senses. I don't really get lazier nor more active when I'm high, things just feel different (food, music, masturbating, etc.). I also get paranoid while high in public, but it's part of the fun imo.
>>
>>16623987
Pros
>feels good
>helps with insomnia
>doesn't fuck your liver like alcohol, impossible to overdose
>makes damn near everything more enjoyable/funny

Cons
>illegal, don't get your stupid ass busted
>can get expensive, might have to put up with nogs and methheads when buying
>fucks your lungs if you smoke a ton
>can't pass drug tests
>possible psychological addiction
>can make you anxious

Personal experiences
>friends started smoking in high school
>all of them got dat dere psychological addiction
>spend literally all of there cash on weed
>fail to keep down jobs, get busted multiple times, become general sacks of shit
>none of them have any motivation whatsoever

I'm not implying that these guys were going places to begin with, but their lives almost revolve around getting high. Honestly, the only reason they don't do harder shit is because it's more expensive and because of the side effects. Weed can fuck your lungs just like cigs, but at least it doesn't make your teeth fall out like meth. It is habit forming though, so don't be a lazy sack of shit and make smoking weed your only hobby.
>>
I have a medical card. I hadn't tried it before being prescribed it, but honestly it's a very enjoyable experience. So now I just smoke weed everyday.

The only advice I give to people is to never get high when you have something to do. You will do whatever you were doing worse because you will be existing and experiencing more than you will be doing.
>>
>>16624215
>it worsened my depression and anxiety. I say worsened instead of "gave"

I'm dealing with this now. I'm on the verge of quitting.
>>
>>16623987
No personal bad experienced like bad trips or anything but after seeing real data on long term studies of both regular and sporadic use I decided to stop. If you like it more power to you, we all pick our poisons, but I've got enough shit to deal with already.
>>
Move to the west coast you fucks I grew last season cost me .3 cents a gram got 13 pounds. Legalize and tax it for education.
>>
>>16625361
Should tax it to sterilize degenerates that use it
>>
File: 1450220611487.gif (729KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1450220611487.gif
729KB, 267x200px
>>16625386
>mfw a permavirgin posting on /adv/ doesn't consider himself a degenerate
>>
>>16625908
That's a shitty show and I'm not a virgin

Nice try though xD
>>
>>16623987
been smoking since i was 14
never had a bad thing happen to me
weed has always been a constant in my life. something i love, something i can share, something i can grow, something that kills time, something that enhances situations and moods, something that helps you come down from other shit...

my body can not tolerate alcohol and i fucking hate drunk people
stoners are hilarious, ive always had a good time smoking with people

ive quit several times for jobs, t-breaks, etc and never had a problem
its very easy to quit: just stop buying
once i did have insomnia for three days when i quit for a while but it was no biggie
>>
>Hey /adv/ what are your thoughts on pot?
You are a retard if you are doing drugs in 2015, almost 2016.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.