[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Comp Sci a shit tier degree? I've got to choose between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1426296204028.jpg (828KB, 3000x2119px) Image search: [Google]
1426296204028.jpg
828KB, 3000x2119px
Is Comp Sci a shit tier degree?

I've got to choose between Comp Sci at a private uni (35k/year) vs a MechE degree at a public uni (14k/year).

I'd do MechE at the private university if it was possible, but they don't offer it. And I'd really like to do something in engineering, as I feel it's a more secure degree. Id really rather go to school at the private university because I'd be living with my senpai n shit, as opposed to living with randoms around the uni. But it's so much more expensive.

What to do?
>>
>>16615086
Do whichever you enjoy more. You'll be able to find work in either if you hustle, develop skills outside class, and have a good attitude.
>>
>>16615086
The only other degrees worth a shit at the private Uni are Math, and maybe biology and geology.. nothing like the public Uni I'm considering. But part of me is ok with that in exchange for the uber-comfy lifestyle of college while living with parents.
>>
>>16615108
One of the things that rustles me is that I don't foresee myself enjoying a job that school will yield - currently I'm a carpenter and I like my job. But it makes my mom happy to think she has a STEM student good goy for a son.

I almost wanna go pure maths just to say fuck you to employability dominating education nowadays. That and I like math.
>>
>>16615108
And thanks for the response I have a hard time getting people to reply on here, with my mundane retard problems :^)

Also PS cuz I'm waiting for 30 seconds to be up: one of the things I hear about CS that I fear is that your employer may find some 18 year old who can write script and code or whatever better than you and do it for cheaper, so you'll get replaced - while in engineering that won't really happen.
>>
>>16615086
No degree is a shit tier degree if you have a plan to make money with it. Make a plan so the degree you want will be worth it. I wanted an MBA so I started working at a hospital being a personal assistant and took night classes. I still haven't gotten my MBA but I have been promoted and I make extremely good money for a 25 year old. I'll eventually get my MBA and move up more and make more money.

Just have a plan bro and you'll be fine. Make sure you do internships or work, that shit looks so good to employers even if internships suck dick. Having an adult attitude when going through school is also important. Don't look at it as just college, look at it as an investment for your future. You're going there to ensure you have a good future. Don't settle for b's and c's and actually pay attention man.

Good luck op.
>>
>>16615142
Yes, absolutely about having a plan afterward and looking at is as an adult. Si many kids around me are still in fairy tale dream land and they vocally masturbate about how grandiose their futures gonna be.

Anyway, I just feel MechE is a very worthwhile and secure degree. But it would suck to turn down living with my family while I attend school.

>internships
true dat anon, there's probably more available if I went to this private school because it's close to the states largest city
>>
>>16615142
>>16615162
I've got just under a year before I really have to decide.. It just drives me crazy not knowing.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.