[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up my roommates chopstick. He uses it for cooking and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image-20151228_172037.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
image-20151228_172037.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
I fucked up my roommates chopstick. He uses it for cooking and has had it for over 15 years, brought it with him from China as well. He is pretty pissed about it.

I need to find a quality replacement. I know it's not much but I feel like its better than nothing.

It's made out of Bamboo, has a rounded tip and seems to be a standard length Chinese chopstick, but I could be wrong.

Where can I get something that will be comparable or, at least a concession?
>>
>>16614974

Go to your nearest chinese resturant.
get some fuckin' chopsticks.

Problem solved.

Unless of course your roommate is has autism-tier obsessions with mundane things like chopsticks, I'm sure he'll live.
>>
>>16614998
Even I know more about chopsticks to know you are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>16614974
>I fucked up my roommates chopstick.
buy yourself a dildo and stop misusing other people's property.

PS wouldnt it be better to just let him get the chopsticks. He knows where he got the last ones. Give him a dollar to cover the mail costs.
>>
>>16615193
But OP's roommates chop sticks were blessed by a Shaolin Monk in the waters of the Yangtze during the Spring Festival. Obviously they are worth more than a dollar...

Really though yeah a few bucks should cover the cost to replace them. They're fucking chopsticks. Like all cheap kitchen utensils they're bound to get fucked up. What was he expecting. If they were really that special they wouldn't be in the kitchen considering how easily they can be damaged. It's not a 100 year old cast iron skillet that is almost indestructible.

You and your roommate are fucking weird.
>>
>>16614974
Try solve it out.

Then sit down with your roommate and discuss which kitchen utensils are going to be fucking family heirlooms and which are utensils that will probably get fucked up - and how maybe not putting them together will avoid further faux pas.

I have had this conversation over a wooden spoon.
>>
>>16614974
Do one yourself, if he isn't a materialist little shit he'll apreciate it
>>
>>16614974
Honestly though,

if you share utensils you are pretty much on dry land. If he uses shit you bought for the kitchen you are in your full right to use his shit.

If you guys don't, things are getting somewhat murkier.

How did you destroy his wooden stick? Legitimate use, horsing around?

At any rate, I doubt you can find the exact chopstick in your neck of the woods. That's like trying to find a certain series of spoons 10 years after you got them. Even IKEA changes it up every once in a while.

Best bet, just get him a chopstick giftset, or a pair of ceramic of metal ones. It's a gesture, not a replacement.
>>
>>16614998
Kill yourself faggot.
>>
Bamboo chopsticks aren't hard to find, you can buy quite decent ones easily online. Frankly this isn't your fault, one of the reasons chopsticks are still so widely used in East Asia is because they're dirt cheap to produce and easily replaceable when they break. I'm shocked this one lasted 15 fucking years. He shouldn't have been cooking with it if it had sentimental value.
>>
Bump - Need more Japanese/Chinese posters in this thread
>>
>>16616385
What the fuck do you think they'll say differently? Just go on Amazon and search for reusable bamboo chopsticks. It's not that hard. Would you be able to tell a Chinese person how to find a replacement for a specific fork just because you're western?
>>
>>16616398
You really don't understand eastern culture.
>>
>>16616416
Two nukes weren't enough

While you gooks are busy crying about chopsticks we landed on the moon

Once Mars has been colonized we'll nuke you rice-eaters back into the stone age from orbit
>>
>>16616429
But who will make our animoo then

>>16616398
>Would you be able to tell a Chinese person how to find a replacement for a specific fork
Honestly I'm assuming this was more of the equivalent to silverware for his roommate if he got this ass pained. In which case quality would be a significant factor.

You wouldnt break someones family silverware and just get them a plastic spork in recompense.
>>
>>16616448
We'll take a small contingent of highly skilled seiyuu and mangaka on our voyage
>>
But seriously, isn't it possible that Chinese people treasure their chopsticks?

I know some old ladies who are very protective of their china (hahahhaha)

and one guy is proud of his iron skillet

and one guy loves his knives
>>
>>16616463
Yeah dude, cooking utensils are fucking important to some people. Not like a make or break heirloom you would die without

but if you had a really, really nice cast iron skillet you have used for over a decade and it is like the perfect skillet you have ever used, you'd be pretty upset if your friend came over and fucked it up. He also can't just go and buy a new one.
>>
>>16616479
Exactly, so maybe this Chinese guy has a great deal of sentimental value to a chopstick

But surely a good, and EXPENSIVE chopstick replacement (or iron skillet replacement) would be a good starter towards "I'm sorry"
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.