[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate my parents. both of them a utter lowlifes and have successfully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: family.jpg (92KB, 1027x832px) Image search: [Google]
family.jpg
92KB, 1027x832px
I hate my parents.

both of them a utter lowlifes and have successfully passed on their burdens and mistakes to me and my brothers. while they squander their lives away inside public housing apartments with their 3rd or 4th fail "relationship" and talk about how hard life is to them, all they've done with their lives in "party" and drink and have sex and look at whats that gotten them.

I don't want them at my graduation. I don't want them anywhere near my future family and I just wanna forget they ever existed.

How do I tell my mom (who has self-deluded herself into believing she did a lot of me; and that the federal government and public teachers had nothing to do with my upbringing) that I don't want her to come to my school and be there? My younger brother still lives with her (I pray for him) and I don't want her to take it out on him. She knows it's soon and I really want to make it clear to her (my dad; I could care less if he's dead or alive.) that I don't want her there. please help.
>>
>>16612904
Are you graduating from high school or college?
>>
Tell them the wrong date. If that wouldn't work, just have a smoke and tell them straight up.
>>
>>16612911
high school. I'll be the second person in my family. my older brother also did not invite them. and my dad try to go anyway and forced his way in.
>>
>>16612912
I don't smoke, and I don't like to speak with her.
the school sent her the date via mail. so she fucking knows
>>
Honestly, just let them go to it. Trying to stop it will likely lead to problems, and inviting them and or not caring if they go or not leads to none. Just get out after, avoid creating drama for yourself and you brother over what amounts to a bunch of kids standing around in dresses and funny hats. I know the ceremony seems like a big deal, but it really isn't.
>>
>>16612923
it's a big deal to me.
>>
>>16612923
them being there would ruin it for me.
>>
>>16612914
If it's high school, then I don't see a way around this. Don't reserve family seats for them. Don't do anything that would encourage them or give them information about it. "I don't know." I mean, you can keep this up until the day you graduate, but I think you have to accept that people can attend public ceremonies.

Plan on them being there, but do not walk over to her, do not do anything that acknowledges her, and be prepared to slide in and out of the crowd to avoid her. If she catches you, then say, "I have to go, the principal needs to give me my certificate" or some other bs.

Part of being an adult means realizing you can't stop certain things out of your control, but you can adjust your own reaction and minimize the situation. So, control yourself by avoiding her and having some predetermined excuses.
>>
>>16612924
Big deal to her to. It comes down to one party being the bigger person. You know it isn't going to be them/her. Is it gonna be you? If not, you'll have to deal with the consequences, as will your brother.
>>
>>16612935
no, it won't be me. she ruined the last 17 years of my life and I'm not the person I am supposed to be because of her. and him. I wont let them take this from me. fuck them both. fuck them until they rot in hell for what they did to me.
>>
>>16612934
maybe the day after my graduation. but not on my graduation. I worked really hard for it, and I don't want to share it with the person who made it nearly impossible to achieve it.
>>
>>16612939
Got it, you're mad at them. You can either make the situation worse by being an angry child, still have them go to the public ceremony, and the cherry on top is they get to feel good about supporting you despite your "acting out". Or you can accept the situation, ignore it and move on. Either way, you cant stop your rents from doing what they please.
>>
>>16612944
then I wont attend. I wont let them have this. that's the only way I see it working. I go without them. or not at all. I think that's what I'm going to say to them. I wont let them have that day. I wont let them win
>>
>>16612952
It's not their win dude
It's yours
YOUR graduation
Them being there or not won't change that

You shouldn't let your hatred of other people get in the way of you doing the things you want to do
>>
>>16612952
That also creates drama, but that's your prerogative. As I said, I don't find the ceremony to be a big deal so skipping it seems like a good solution. But it seems like it matters to you, and if you don't go because of your parents still seems like a win for them.
>>
>>16612964
they wont go if it don't go. I'll them her that tomorrow. If she wants me to go, she can't be there for it. Her smug look makes me want to murder her where she stand. She latterly bathes in that attitude. I honestly think If I'm there and she shows up with one of her gutter trash "boyfriends" I'll cave her skull in. it's the only way, for me.
>>
>>16612957
but it does. it just does.

I can't start to explain what she did to my childhood, but when you have to go scrapping for school clothes money because she just HAD to get a new tattoo and now we have no money, it changes the way you look at things and people.
>>
>>16612939
Jesus, what did they even do?
>>
Yeah sounds alot like my relationship with my parents. The played the support parent roles/act but made it nearly fucking impossible to actually graduate h.s/college. It was like living in a failure incubator .
>>
I kind of feel how you feel OP, just with my sister. I was recently in a singing competition that was legitimately one of the most important moments of my life when my sister busted into the green room minutes before without any warning or permission just to put on her act for everyone, and it kind of soured the experience for me afterward. However, I managed to compose myself with the thought of celebrating the day with the people I actually wanted to celebrate with. Also, I'm sure I can't understand how important graduating is for you, but I imagine you have such strong feelings knowing that you succeeded while also managing to stay afloat despite your parents wrongdoings, and to have them there would take away from your victory. But if that's the case, you're just wrong dude. You already won. You're clearly not going to end up like them. You should bring them just to satisfy yourself, as if to say, look what I did without you, even if they do falsely claim responsibility. This is also a good moment to show your younger siblings what a responsible adult does.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.