[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got a speeding ticket last week and want to know what the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: speeding-ticket-614mz080210.jpg (58KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
speeding-ticket-614mz080210.jpg
58KB, 800x450px
I got a speeding ticket last week and want to know what the best course of action is. It happened in NY (I'm also from NY) and the trooper got me going 82 in a 65. Trooper was fine and straight forward, gave me my ticket and told me to plead not guilty and that it will be reduced because I have a clean record. Problem is that the court date will be scheduled during my work hours and I really don't feel like having to take a vacation day at work to go to court. Should I just hire a lawyer to take care of it or should I take the time off to take care of it myself? Money is not an issue for me, but I don't want to pay something ridiculous for a lawyer (not familiar with how much one would cost for a case like this). I would just say fuck it, plead guilty and pay it so I can be done with it, but I don't want to get points on my license (Points will really fuck with your insurance in NY).
>>
Pay the ticket, stop speeding.
>>
>>16608949
Don't listen to this faggot >>16608970 Your insurance rates will go up big time and probably cost you more money in the long run. I suggest talking to your job and seeing if the will accommodate your situation, but if not go the lawyer route if missing work is that big of a deal. Shouldn't run you more than a few hundred for a case this minor and will save you the insurance bump.
>>
>>16608949

>I was speeding 17 miles an hour over the speed limit
>I don't want any long term repercussions though lmao

Fuck off, people like you deserve to have to pay more on premiums.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.