[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stick to a schedule? I'm a procrastinator and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Niglett.jpg (2KB, 65x106px) Image search: [Google]
Niglett.jpg
2KB, 65x106px
How do I stick to a schedule?

I'm a procrastinator and honestly a pretty lazy piece of shit who wants to setup a workout routine and set a diet for myself, but I'm certain I won't stick to it unless I convince myself to stick to a schedule.

I'm a 6 foot 5 inch male who's 255 pounds and my set goal is to be slim at 210 with a little bit of muscle.
I know this isn't /fit/, but the only real advice I need is how to keep a schedule down since this is something I need to do for myself.
>>
File: Niglett.png (580KB, 550x891px) Image search: [Google]
Niglett.png
580KB, 550x891px
I also have no idea why this saved as a thumbnail
>>
What else do you do that is making you procrastinate?
>>
>>16605571
>How do I stick to a schedule?

Set a timer, do those things within the time allowed, then do a second thing and so on. All a schedule is, is basically timed events or events happening at specified times.
>>
The hard part is the first couple of days when you get that done going to the gym becomes natural. How to stick to that? Literally force yourself each thought of but... should be cut of with no im going. Get someone to go to the gym with you. Reward yourself for sticking to the schedule obviously not a reward that makes you fat. Having a goal helps keep thinking about the goal.
>>
>>16605573
Literally not shit.
I work nights so I sleep all day and don't really hang out but with two of my friends who also work nights. I'm bored out of my skin and slowly eating myself to obesity.
>>
>>16605579
I literally have nothing to look forward to besides being slim, so I can't possibly think of an appropriate reward for myself. Also I only really talk to one other person and she can't really excersize because of heart complications
>>
>>16605581
Just ask /fit they might know other stuff. Remember that every bit helps so don't immediately be so hard on yourself
>>
Have a calendar somewhere in your house anon, preferably somewhere you visit often. Like on the wall in front of your toilet. You basically cross off each day that you work out. Simple right?

It turns out that people are more dedicated to accomplishing their goal if they have a streak going. They don't want to break it so they keep going. This circle creates a habit and is what you should strive for.

The hard part is getting started and building that streak. That part is entirely up to you and how determined you are to achieving your goal.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.