[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi gang, I feel like I should talk to a psychiatrist. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hi gang,

I feel like I should talk to a psychiatrist. I don't think I have anything extremely wrong with me, no disorders or whatever, but I am quite listless and have a lack of oofmp in my life. I feel like a dead flag. I don't think I'm particularly depressed but I'm just not excited for the future, I don't fear or dread it, I just don't really care

So basically I just want to talk to someone, but I'm wondering if a psychiatrist is the right person for this or if its overkill and I'll be wasting my money, but in the same breath I don't want to piss about
>>
>>16603852
You're suffering from white privilege
>>
>>16603906
Sincere replies only please
>>
Still looking for some advice
>>
Join the club anon.

Ive got an engineering masters deg., full time job which is great and pays well, a steady relationship with a girl I love, good health, a kind loving family and whatnot. And I still feel sort of the same way as you do. And were not alone about that.

What I've come to terms with is this: it's absolutely fine to feel like that. However, it is possible to do certain things to make you feel more enthusiastic about life. E.g. sometimes I come up with crazy ideas about stuff I want to do. Things that people might find odd. Like buying a bow saw and axe to go on and manually chop wood in the yard. Just because I could and because I felt like it. Never mind people raising eyebrows. It was a good feeling, the exhausted muscles, and the stacked wood which I made from nature. Whatever, you can do anything. Good luck Anon.
>>
you have nothing to lose
>>
>>16604102
I'm not that setup, biggest deficit is no gf but yeh. I have many dreams, aspirations and plans etc. but no impetus to action them. I try lots of different stuff but nothing gives me any sort of feelibg. I feel like I'm just wasting my life but I don't even feel that upset over that fact, just iced out

>>16604105
I could lose money
>>
>>16604115
Well, do you ever make an effort at anything? I haven't ever met anyone who didn't appreciate the rewards of making an effort. Making an effort with the gf situation definitely feels good when it pays off. Or at work/school. But be careful to spend your energy where it pays off. E.g. don't make an effort about the gf situation by going to the gym. Although it could possibly help, I doubt that it pays off very well. You would be better off actually reading "The Game". Is this making sense anyway?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.