[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 year old senior here. If I don't go to prom, will that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1443724939165.jpg (23KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
1443724939165.jpg
23KB, 240x260px
18 year old senior here. If I don't go to prom, will that make me a total fucking loser? I've never gone to a dance or party, had a gf, or even held a girl's hand. I only tried asking a girl out once and it was a couple months ago. I'm not fat or a loser with no friends, I just don't like that new-age bull shit music and these stupid vine memes or whatever.

In essence, am I fucked or not? I do want to have a gf, just without all this normie bs. My prom is in about 5 months and I don't really talk to any girls, only when they talk to me.
>>
are you seriously asking if paying $50 to go to a dance that is pretty much pointless is going to wreck your social life or your future in general?

protip, high school doesn't matter and eventually you're going to grow up and realize it's all bullshit and life really starts after high school.
>>
I'm a girl and my friends and I all went together, without a guy. It was great.
>>
>>16600986
I suppose so, people are cruel for stupid reasons.
I already realize that high school is bs, I just want it to at least lead to something in the end.
>>16600994
So, should I go alone or...? If nobody cares that I didn't go, I'd really rather not attend. I hate most of the people at my school.
>>
>>16600994
DO NOT DO THIS.
If you're a guy and you don't feel like going, just don't go. But for god's sake man, don't 'go with friends'. Only girls do that, and if you do it then you'll just feel lame the whole night.
>>
>>16601002
>So, should I go alone or...? If nobody cares that I didn't go, I'd really rather not attend. I hate most of the people at my school.
So you have no friends either?
>>
>>16601003
This. Nothing looks more pathetic than a group of dudes or one dude just sitting there without a chick around to talk to/dance with.
>>
File: 1448241990489.jpg (2MB, 6000x6550px) Image search: [Google]
1448241990489.jpg
2MB, 6000x6550px
>>16601006
Just a few, everyone else is either a jerk, a complete idiot, or an attention whore. I'm not perfect human myself, but what they're doing is fucking stupid.
>>
>>16600974
It would be ok to go with friends. I did that on my prom. But honestly, if you don't feel like going, then don't. You already know high school is BS. Prom isn't anything special either. In a couple years, no one will be talking about it.
>>
>>16601002
>go alone
>hate most of the people at your school
>don't talk to girls unless they talk to you first
>spend money in hopes of meeting someone there
>leave (alone)
>cry because you can't talk to girls
>hate yourself

this sounds promising for you OP
>>
File: zajpj.jpg (59KB, 815x460px) Image search: [Google]
zajpj.jpg
59KB, 815x460px
I'm>>16601003

>>16600974
Just wanted to add, the fact that you can't stand Normie BS proves to me that you should under no circumstances go to prom, because prom is the be-all-end-all of NBS.
>>
File: 1431994796241.png (50KB, 396x388px) Image search: [Google]
1431994796241.png
50KB, 396x388px
>>16601034
Not even if I get a date? Whilst the music would be audible cancer, I could probably put up with it, perhaps leave early to do something else with a qt?
>>
>>16601041
Unless you absofuckinglutely know that she's DTF, then I would say no.

Guys often think of prom as a ticket to awesome, rock-n-rollin teenage sex.

Girls think of prom as a night for romance and twoo wuv and shit.

The simple fact of the matter is that neither of you will get what you want unless you start dating her now.

It's going to be January soon. If you really feel like you need to go to prom, go find this 'QT' now, and start dating her. You have a large enough window to start a whirlwind romance with her, but that shit's closing fast.

Starting now would be great, because you guys can get to know each other and all that, and she can fool herself into thinking she's found "the one" or whatever.

On the other hand, if you DON'T start now, then you have less and less time. If you aren't dating anyone by Late February or early March, then you shouldn't bother.

Lastly, keep>>16601021
in mind.
>>
>>16601068
Yeah, >>16601021 is correct, I just want to at least try it before I say I hate something. I know I won't have fun, I just want to give it a shot. It's only one night. Also, what's the best way to get a qt? This chick in my English class and my club seems to look at me a lot, and tries to talk to me occasionally.
>>
>>16601077
Honestly, spend time around her. You seemed to imply you didn't have any friends, but just invite her to do something with you. Go wander around the mall or some shit. Do shit like that for a while and you'll be dating soon enough.

You're obviously not too autistic, because you seem to care about your social status, so hopefully you won't fuck this up too badly.

Just stay away from /r9k/. The thinking those guys have is poison.
>>
I just went with my best friend.

Looked kinda gay but it was fun.
>>
>>16601267
I guess I'll just start talking to her then, that's not too weird, right?
>>
You sound like a fucking loser desu. I understand hating normie bs but not talking to anyone is just weird man.

> I guess I'll just start talking to her then, that's not to weird, right?
> what's the best way to get a QT

Confirmed autistic. Good luck OP you are going to need it.
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 1024x1046px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 1024x1046px
>>16601678
Why would I just talk to her? I have work to do and I have my friemds to talk to.

Talk about >implying
>>
>>16601682
Why would you talk to her? Idk man why are you trying to talk to her now? You are obviously a virgin so it makes sense why you would believe the misconception that guys magically get laid on prom just by bringing any girl
>>
>>16601702
I just want experience with girls, and she seems nice enough, and may even have the hots for me. I'm not really expecting to get laid on prom night.
>>
>>16600974
I seriously don't remember anyone from my high school, and I can guarantee that none of them, excluding three people, actually remember me in any capacity. Nobody cares. Believe it or not: all those kids you're worried will have a bad opinion about you are completely wrapped up in their own social image. They're too insecure about themselves to judge you, and if they do, why care? They're high school kids. What the hell do they know?
>>
I have never been to a party, a school dance, I didn't go to my prom, and I never had anything more than friends until after high school. I am SO HAPPY that I didn't give into peer pressure and go.

I'm completely happy in life, and even though I'm a girl, I know there is definitely hope for you too because my wonderful lovely boyfriend was the exact same.
>>
>>16602045
This. OP what you dont understand is that High school really doesn't matter. You're about to go to an event full of people who are too busy judging themselves and everyone around them when they aren't really worth a shit and a half anyways.

>>16601068 is a fucking god.
I wish someone told me that in High school. Every last bit of it is true. I literally went last minute with a girl I wanted to fuck but I couldn't get anywhere because "shewasn'treadyyet". It wouldve worked if I was dating her for at least a month... Aside from spending time with her the music was horrible, people were talking shit on me for being there, and social elitism is always high and mighty in the air.

No one ever really talks about it after high school anyways.
>>
Step 1) Get over yourself.
Step 2) Stop validating yourself by thinking you're better than other people.
Step 3) Find actual value in yourself afterwards, that's not just, "haha other people suck...right...?"
Step 4) You're not fucked if you have TRUE value in yourself, not demeaning others.

I didn't go to prom because life didn't let me, and I had no problem. I moved 3 times during my senior year, but I was too busy being enrolled in college and applying to University to care.

Again. Don't think it's wrong to enjoy prom or think that other's are normie bullshit. People enjoy not caring sometimes, and these arbitrary events help people. Which is probably why you also feel the need to care in the first place. You wouldn't care if it was just normie shit to you. It would just be another nuisance.

Again. Value yourself, don't demean others. You'll walk a bad road if you don't.
>>
>>16600974
no it does not make you a loser. I got turned down 3 times by 3 different girls and after that I said fuck it. don't remember what I did that night, and everyone claims it's very overrated. I do regret not going to the after party though because I heard that was a fuckin blast, but I wasnt invited to that since I didn't go to prom

it will not define you, no one will talk about it 2 years later
>>
Thanks everyone, solid advice. Fuck prom, I'll just see where I go with the qt.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.