[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gf gets ultra-clingy when I visit home for holiday >"I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: nick-young-confused-face.png (205KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
nick-young-confused-face.png
205KB, 505x431px
>gf gets ultra-clingy when I visit home for holiday
>"I love you"/"I miss you"/"I'm horny" texts at least 10 times per day.
>call 3 times a day
>she doesn't have anything to say
>I don't have anything to say
>hold phone in silence for 5 mins
>upset when I say "I'm going to hang up now"

Why.
>>
File: 1450756941760.jpg (145KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1450756941760.jpg
145KB, 850x1133px
>>16598382
That's what happens you date teens
>>
>>call 3 times a day
>>she doesn't have anything to say
>>I don't have anything to say
>>hold phone in silence for 5 mins
>>upset when I say "I'm going to hang up now"

Holy shit. I'm in college and my gf does this. Why the fuck
>>
>>16598485
They're lonely as fuck and desperate for someone else's presence in their life. Even being on the phone in silence is comforting for some.

Myself included. I used to sit in silence on the phone with my ex a lot back when I was in high school because I was a lonely, needy faggot.

I still am, but I was then, too.

OP, does your GF have much of a social life outside of you?
>>
>>16598502
>OP, does your GF have much of a social life outside of you?

You know what? Nope, not anymore. She got with me then stopped hanging out with her friends and turned into a homebody.

But it's real annoying having to just hold the phone while being occupied with whatever.
>>
>>16598532
>She got with me then stopped hanging out with her friends and turned into a homebody.

I think I found the cause. That shit doesn't sound healthy. If I were you, I'd try to ease her back into a social life. Don't phrase it like you want to talk to her less, but you think that she should spend more time with more people, get back in contact with some friends. It sounds like she's slowly become dependent on you to be the sole source of companionship in her life, and that's definitely not going to end well.
>>
check ur gf privilege man
>>
I used to be clingy with my boyfriend but I got friends lol

Listen, you need to encourage her to go out more. At the start my boyfriend wasn't comfortable with me going out to clubs and parties and also hated my male friend but he is used to it now. Now he gets to have his time with his friends and family and I get to have my friends around me without issues.

She definitely feels left out OP, that's why she is clinging.
>>
>>16598542
Not OP but I'm having that problem. How do I fix it? It hasn't happened with past boyfriends but with the one I'm with now, I'll choose spending time with him over spending time with anyone else almost always, and it's definitely harming my mental health. Even if I get back in touch with my friends - which I'm trying to now after having realized this - there's no real drive to stay in touch with them. My boyfriend fills my needs for socialization adequately by himself in every other way, so I never remember to spend time with others.
>>
I talk to my LDR girlfriend every night on the phone. Sometimes we talk for hours. Perhaps you should have a more interesting life.
>>
>>16598542
I tried talking to her about it a bit and she basically said this >>16598559
I don't know why she always prefers me to her good friends. She doesn't really like me going out with my friends without including her, but we have come to an understanding that I will continue to do that.

She's been pushing for us to make more couple friends latley.

>>16598601
>I talk to my LDR girlfriend every night on the phone. Sometimes we talk for hours.

That's cause it's the entire extent of your relationship.
>>
>>16598584
I honestly couldn't give you a solid plan, because I haven't been in a relationship since, but I can at least try to give some advice.

For now, go out of your way to get in contact with and be friends with others. Try to make deep, meaningful connections with other people that you can really get something from, so you don't become dependent on a single person to give you the companionship you need.

Just keep it in the back of your mind, I guess. Good luck.

>>16598601
I don't think that's necessarily the issue for OP, more the clinginess and the neediness.
>>
>>16598617
>That's cause it's the entire extent of your relationship.
No, it's because I'm not a creepy autist who literally sits on the phone in silence for 5 minutes.
>>
>>16598632
Nice buzzword meme. Better than being a literal cuck in a long distance "relationship"
>>
>>16598636
If it's a buzzword meme then it's an accurate one.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.