[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I spend my expendable income on? Assuming I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: blackwidowtournamentedition.jpg (415KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
blackwidowtournamentedition.jpg
415KB, 2592x1944px
What should I spend my expendable income on? Assuming I don't want a girlfriend

>already have nice clothes
>great computer
>snowboarding gear
>guns and ammo
>good looking apartment
>already put money in for retirement
>>
Some more Bdsm gear
>>
a boat
>>
Pizza and chicken wings for every meal.
>>
Plan and pay off your funeral.
>>
>>16578101
But I'm just a boring vanilla fuck.
>>16578104
I already have a kayak I don't use.
>>
Go on a random vacation?
>>
>>16578098
>thinking of retirement
>still pissing rent money away

you don't have any of this down correctly
>>
>>16578108
Don't want to get fat
>>16578110
This sounds like an alright idea but I don't like the idea of planning for my death when I'm still late 20s.
>>16578120
Already have a vacation planned in 5 months.
>>
>>16578123
My rent is cheap as fuck and I'm not trying to buy a home in this area when I may have to move for my job in a few years.
>>
>>16578125
So a mini one maybe?

I used to go on little weekend trips to a place maybe 3 hours away to go canoeing/kayaking and stay overnight. Or just drive to Lake Michigan and chill on the beach. Or drive to Indianapolis and drink wine outside a mead bar surrounded by hipsters.

Unfortunately I usually did this kind of stuff in the summer and when I was less depressed.

Even going alone tho on whatever is still fun. It's nice not having to make plans with another person.

I dunno maybe you don't like going outside that much though and I understand that.
>>
you could always save it
>>
>>16578098
so you're looking for things to spend your expendable income on? now THATS a problem lol. if nothing passionate came to your mind, save it
>>
>>16578138
This is my favorite idea so far. It's rainy in Washington though and it'd probably be miserable to drive in the torrential downpour that we've been having lately.
>>16578143
I've been saving over 50% of my income for 3 years.
>>
I'm in the same boat as you, almost. I used to try and buy random shit to make my happy with my extra money, but I've realized quickly that none of that makes me happy.

So now I'm just saving it all in the hopes that someday I might find something I actually desire.
>>
>>16578176
Ohhh. Which part of Washington?

My sister just went to Portland to visit a friend a werk ago and honestly if I lived near there (like 3-4 hour driving distance) I would take a trip there. But that's me because I am really hipster trash.

But yeah look up stuff, maybe later on in the winter there's like a skiing place you could go check out, or go rent a cabin in the woods for a weekend. I dunno that sounds like shit I would think you can do in Washington lol
>>
>>16578185
Yea I'm starting to think that saving my money isn't making me happy either though.
>>16578194
I'm in Tacoma but I go up to Seattle frequently. Portland is ok but the only big difference between there and Seattle is the strip clubs that allow alcohol and full nude plus touching.
>>
I also have a decent amount of savings, when its starting to burn a little hole in my pocket I buy new clothes (not like graphic tshirts or whatever shit, more like super nice hiking boots and gimmicky underwear from under armor or reebok) or nicer food than usual (not going out to eat, more like going to the fancy bakery instead of the grocery store for bread and making my expensive coffee too strong by using more beans per cup). it works for me. I used to buy books and antique garbage but they're a pain in the ass to move, don't do that.
>>
>>16578218
Yeah so it probably sounds like going more inland would be more interesting to you.

Or you could try Vancouver if you want to stay in cities.

>actually is it hard to cross the Canada-United states border
>>
>>16578218
Oh don't get me wrong, saving money isn't making me happy either. But buying things also isn't making me happy. Basically, I'm holding on to the very small hope that there will be something in the future that I'll want, and perhaps it will be expensive. If I save money now, I'll be able to afford the hypothetical expensive thing. But I doubt anything like that will exist.

Maybe try giving money away. I tried, didn't make me happy, but maybe it will for you.
>>
>>16578234
It's only hard if you look young. They love to hustle people who look under 25. Too many shitty 18 year olds going up to Canada for booze.
>>
>>16578234
I'm barred from Canada because of a dui I got a few years ago so that makes it an easy choice not to go there.

>>16578239
Maybe it's time to bite the bullet and do the whole wife and kids thing. Kids = happiness right? RIGHT???
>>
>>16578098
Travel.
>>
>>16578176
>I've been saving over 50% of my income for 3 years.
when you say this do you mean you've been putting it in the bank or you've been investing it?

Because if you haven't been building a portfolio I would definitely recommend you start doing so.
>>
>>16578295
30k in cash
20k in roth ira
15k in gold and silver collection
15k in a trading account
car is probably worth 15-20k still too

I know a lot of people shit on precious metals but I find them to be the most satisfying way of hoarding wealth.
Anyway I'm going to bed thanks for the ideas.
>>
>>16578098
Buy me a percussion cap pistol.
>>
>>16578324
>I know a lot of people shit on precious metals but I find them to be the most satisfying way of hoarding wealth
having actual physical treasure in the form of shiny things lying around is kind of cathartic I have to agree, just a shame the price of precious metals is in the shitter right now and is probably only going to go down further next year.
>>
>has money
>no family/wife/girlfriend/kids

just throw your money in a coffin, that's where it's going to end up if your single
>>
>>16578466
You should use your money to learn the difference between your and you're

fucking retard
>>
Every time this happens, only now two days in and:

-Instantly picture fucking any girl i talk to

-When not around people have sexual spark thoughts in my head that stop me from doing whatever I'm doing, this is the worst when im at work, school or trying to sleep.

-Attracted to girls i would usually pass up even really really ugly girls (this one Im scared of the most because if i don't fap ill probs end up with some land whale or something)

I really just want to go for awhile without being ultra frisky but without being forced to fap 3-5 times a day, can i get something from my doctor to prescribe me some from of sedative? and if so is that a healthy solution?
>>
>>16578609
Ugh fuck off soz, 2nd time i have done that this year
>>
>>16578466
And if you get married and have kids, you don't end up in there?

You're a bit stupid m8.
>>
>>16578466
you do realize that if you die single you can always use your wealth to set up a scholarship trust or donate it to charitable causes you feel strongly about so others can have opportunities you never had.
>>
Get into skydiving
>>
>>16578138
hey I live in Chicago too!!! :3
>>
I went backpacking this summer thought SE Asia solo and it was the best thing I've ever done. I highly suggest doing that... Although I am broke now :(
>>
>>16578098
Hookers?
>>
File: 1397517611602.gif (269KB, 159x144px) Image search: [Google]
1397517611602.gif
269KB, 159x144px
Give me some cash.
>>
>>16578098
crack
>>
>>16578098
send money to me
>>
please send money to me OP, even 1$
I am saving hard to buy a better lens for my camera so I could take better shots quality wise, so I could finally start to make a small portion of my living of it, instead of just being a third wheel on every event ever
I am a poor slav breeky cunt
[email protected]

or just maybe donate a bit to pet shelters, or adopt a sloth in africa and pay some money every month for it? or maybe buy a cool camera aged 100 years and take pictures in an interesting old technique
maybe buy a schipperke dog? highly recommended
>>
Do you even travel?

Buy your second house.
Houses not enough? You can get a small island and a helicopter.
>>
You could make beer or soap
>>
File: doc_167535.jpg (50KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
doc_167535.jpg
50KB, 600x700px
>>16578098

"Invest" in me, OP! I am a formerly successful sales manager that provided e-commerce solutions in the automotive industry. I lost everything to an undiagnosed mental health disorder that spiraled into alcohol and drug abuse. I got clean and addressed the underlying issues, but no one will hire me due to the employment gap and OVI from almost 3 years ago... I literally just overdrafted my account by making a $2.18 purchase!!! lol [email protected]
>>
>>16578098
I'm pretty poor (15k/yr) but spend extra income paying tolls for people, buying surprise groceries, random donations, and then fun shit for myself and my interests. You could go get a massage, or learn a language or take a random class to or something. Buy some exotic type food or tea, buy a 'round' for a bat full of people and be that guy for a while. Buy some zee. Buy a new gaming console. Buy some hot coffee for road construction crews. Buy coloring books for kids with cancer. Buy some lobsters and set them free. Buy a hot air balloon ride. Buy a white tiger. Idk, I'm out of ideas.
>>
>Assuming I don't want a girlfriend
Oculus Rift developer kit and the best graphics card money will buy.

>but I don't want to be a developer
"Developer kit" just means they'll send you the thing before they stick it on store shelves. It's like that $99 Samsung thing which requires a $499 recent-model Samsung phone to work, except that it plugs into your PC's graphics card for better pixel power. You will want to run games at 60fps or higher, so get an epic GPU if you don't already have one.

>but I don't like videogames
There will also be ordinary films for this medium. The headset is just a monitor with two pictures; you can view whatever you want on it as long as the program can be modded to have two cameras - easier than you might think.
>>
mmo subs
>>
Get a hobby, literally every hobby costs money.
>>
>>16579500
My dream right here, relax on a small island in the beach. I don't think OP has that kind of money though.
>>
Buy a power rack, a bench, an Olympic bar, some dumbbells and a ton of weights.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.