[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone help me maybe diagnose what might be wrong with me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1379273550061.jpg (434KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
1379273550061.jpg
434KB, 1200x807px
Can someone help me maybe diagnose what might be wrong with me? I've tried googling and it comes up with loads of stuff.

>brain fog
>headaches
>fatigue
>low energy and mood
>apathy
>loss of interest in previous hobbies
>palpitations
>oversleeping (tired even after 8 hours or longer of sleep)
>shit attention span
>avoidant personality
>weakness/sluggish muscle response
>tire easily despite regular exercise and good diet
>thirsty very often
>appetite fluctuates weirdly

I've been suffering these symptons for a long time, but they've got much worse recently, to the point where as soon as I can go to the doctor's office I am going to to get an MRI and more bloodwork done. Preliminary tests on my blood didn't show anything really out of the ordinary, but doc reccommended I see an endocrinologist, which I will do in the new year.

I've been seeing a therapist as well in case it's a psychological issue due to some messed up stuff that happened to me a long time ago, but we're not really making much headway.

Obviously a professional will be able to tell me whats up a lot easier than you guys, but I'd love to know what I can do or expect, since I can't go back to the doctor until the new year.

I'm 20, male, no significant injuries that I remember, weigh about 70kgs with 14% bf.
>>
File: Old_Shambles_in_1904.jpg (70KB, 694x456px) Image search: [Google]
Old_Shambles_in_1904.jpg
70KB, 694x456px
Depression compounded by poor habits brought on by depression.
>>
File: 1329496438257.jpg (157KB, 900x691px) Image search: [Google]
1329496438257.jpg
157KB, 900x691px
>>16568620
Nice image. How best to get over/past this hurdle ? I just want to be happy and healthy again.
>>
Go to a GP and tell him your symptoms, hint towards testing your bloods, specifically testosterone/diabetes/thyroid/etc. Get the blood test done and make sure youre in the clear.

Don't really want to touch on the psych counter part. This is a dangerous area to start 'thinking/knowing something' is wrong with you. If the bloods are clear, you more than likely have GAD/depression combo which is very common, last thing you want to do is get all neurotic or worse, take tablets. If this is the case identify why you are unhappy, learn CBT and learn to express emotions. I cannot emphasise enough the downward spiral it causes being complacent or just thinking tablets solve the issue. (tablets will also make you have erectile dysfunction)

You have to participate in your own rescue or you will be a loser.
>>
>>16568626
Go to a medical professional who can prescribe drugs. The drugs won't help much, but they should allow you to get back on the groove. Leverage that into a real physical exercise regime. Eventually the drugs will cease having beneficial effects, wean off of them at that point.
>>
>>16568633
I did that, they wouldn't give me the actual numbers to look at but my thyroid hormones are all apparently normal and my test is within normal levels.

>learn to express emotions
how?

And I already tried pills for a few months, they don't work unfortunately. If they did I would take them. Not worth living like this, dick or no dick.
>>
>>16568617

Those symptoms sound a LOT like diabetes. But I'm assuming that would've shown up on your blood work? If you went in to a doctor and gave him this list of symptoms, I would think he'd be looking for diabetes first. It could be other things, it could just be psychological, but that's the most obvious and most serious answer.

If they haven't brought it up yet, you should specifically ask your doctor to test you for diabetes
>>
Sinusitis. Go to the doc and ask for a Z-pac, loratadine, and buy a nasal wash (the bottle, not the neti pot) from your local drug store.
>>
>>16568639
>How?

Let me reiterate that if you go down the tablet path you are donezo, I don't really want to elaborate on this point since it is literally a essay, but I cannot stress this enough.

Be serious and learn CBT if all your bloods were fine, you don't need to see numbers if you have been all cleared, you can request a print out though. Anyway CBT will directly help you toggle WHY you are depressed or anxious etc and deal with it logically, it can seem a little common sense or retarded, but put in the work.

Learning to express emotions is an inherit ability that will serve you well. Internally stating in your mind "my dog died, damn that makes me sad", how to say, TLDR: will help you get over it more, it touches on the lines of mindfulness. This also works in a social scenario where it helps to communicate better, especially a significant other.

Just saying shit like that makes me happy when you do X or you make me angry when you do Y, not only lets them know how you feel, does the internal process for yourself and also is good for setting boundries. Everything is kind of interconnected for a healthy individual.

This shit is really hard to explain, but you need to really learn CBT, expressing emotions and mindfulness/meditation. I meditate every morning for 20 minutes.

Google, look at the benefits, actually work on personal development. Too lazy? Excuses? Well unfortunately enjoy a shit tier life filled with complacency and co dependance, thats the truth of it.
>>
>>16568675
Same poster here, I'm literally telling you all this shit on the pretext that your doctor isn't a fuckwit with your blood tests and actually tested everything or you were faithful with symptoms
>>
>>16568675
>>16568679
Hm. I've tried meditating a bunch of times it never seemed to make a difference, but I will try the techniques you said and give it another shot, make meditation a daily thing if possible.

>>16568666
I have had sinusitis... for years? I'll look into it.

>>16568649
I assume I would have died by now if it was the beetus. And yes, I would assume that any doctor worth their salt would have noticed messed up glucose/insulin levels in the massive tube of blood they took from me. But I will ask.
>>
Get your Vitamin D levels checked at the doctors. Low Vitamin D levels give all these symptoms as there has been some correlation found between your Vitamin D levels and your thyroids. It's extremely common to find enervation, change in appetite, depression and more with low levels of Vitamin D. I'd get this checked first. This is the most common and most likely reason.
>>
Change your lifestyle. Get rid of the sugar, drink a lot of water, no junkfood, excercise at least 3 times a week... Your body can do miracles by itself if you help it... Been there, done that.
>>
>>16568701
I do not eat sugar at all, I exercise at least 3 times a week if not more plus yoga once a week. I'm fitter than any person my age I know.

>>16568697
I was diagnosed with low vitamin d levels at the doctors' a few years ago, but the more recent tests did not show any imbalances on that front. I also take a vitamin d supplement daily because I'm paranoid about it.
>>
>>16568617
Sauce on the image, please.
>>
>>16568719
Sorry, no idea. It looks to be in china or south korea.
>>
>>16568747
It's definitely in China, but other than that I couldn't find shit. Well, thanks for informing.
>>
>>16568759
I found it in a thread on /wg/ many years ago I'm afraid.
>>
I had these side effects and eventually ended up in the hospital. Found out I had heart failure. Two fucking years of meds and endless appointments.

Go see a doc and try to get treated ASAP.
>>
>>16568768
Worrying. I had an ECG when I was younger and they were convinced there was nothing wrong with me.
>>
>>16568775
Docs said that to me as well. Nothing out of the ordinary. Go to the hospital if your heart rate exceeds over 100 bpm and experience dizziness.
>>
>>16568852
Hm. I hope you got better?

My BPM is quite high even when resting, and it jumps if I start thinking about stressful things or difficult things I will have to do soon.
>>
Possibly hypothyroidism.
>>
>>16568964
I was actually tested specifically for hyper/hypothyroidism

doctor said nope, everything was fine. I didn't really understand it but apparently all of my thyroid hormones are within normal levels.
>>
>>16568900
Yes I had a full recovery. If I would have waited longer to get treated then I would not be here today.
>>
File: 1444056264550.jpg (1MB, 3072x1903px) Image search: [Google]
1444056264550.jpg
1MB, 3072x1903px
>>16569076
Mind if I ask the name of your condition? I could maybe ask the doctors to test me with it in mind, see if that turns anything up.

In any case, glad you made it out OK.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.