[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/ I'm sorry to ask but I live in Canada and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: uptest.png (398KB, 338x495px) Image search: [Google]
uptest.png
398KB, 338x495px
Hello /adv/ I'm sorry to ask but I live in Canada and I've been sorta trying to get things worked out I've tried going out with friends to parties and I always end up playing the situation for attention and no one gives it to me and it makes me sad. I was bullied a lot when I was in middle school and in highschool and it just went to me playing video games all day everyday and I tried stuff like martial arts and sports but I was bad at all of it and people made fun of me for it so I stopped and I just sit at home and play video games for 12 hours or more until I pass out and my parents get mad at me for it. I'm in university and its been really difficult I have trouble eating now because I'm always really anxious and my stomach hurts but if I fail I'll have to die and I don't want to have to do that. I don't really have any friends left now and I had one that got me into reading some self help books but I didn't finish them because I'm afraid that they won't fix me (because they won't) and I don't really have it in me to succeed and all the people I know are different, there are some people that are losers like me but they don't really realize it and they might be better off for it. It's really difficult and I think I might be suffering from mental illness or slight retardation and it really hurts. I don't want to go through another many years like this because it's really hurting me and theres no way out but to have the pain. I went to a psychotherapist from my university for a few times and it was just weird because I couldn't tell him anything because it felt that he would make fun of me as well. He gave me a book but I haven't read it for the same reason that I can't finish the self help books.

picture not really related but at least its a person smiling i think
>>
>>16567517
>i'm sorry to ask
>i'm canadian

Topest of lels
>>
>>16567517
Where in Canada? Different Provinces and Territories have different programs for what you're going through... buddeh.
>>
>>16567580
Toronto, Ontario. Guy
>>
>>16567580
Friend where did you go?
>>
What is it you actually want. What do you need help with. In summary.
>>
>>16567918
I want to stop being scared of failure so I can form a goal and work towards it and if I fail I don't want to give up forever and linger on myself but to be able to get up the next day and work towards that goal or a different goal instead of being too scared of failure to act because all I know is failure?

tl;dr im a loser and i don't work towards anything
>>
I wont be able to get back quickly after this.

Name me some of your goals. Things you'd like to achieve.

Also do you perhaps have any inclination as to why or what you are afraid of. Afraid of failure yes, but you can try to skip a stone and fail and easily just try again.

So there is something more perhaps?
>>
>>16567995
I have a few goals I guess,
graduate university,
get a job and make some money to take care of myself,
be more confident,
play less video games,
get better at math, statistics, electrical circuits,
own my own business,

but what gets in the way of that is that everytime i try something and get a little frustrated that it's not working out I just go back to playing video games which is my escape from the frustration and real life.
>>
>>16567517
Whatever happened to the woman in OPs picture? She was quite the sex symbol back in the day.
>>
>>16568091
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_Jean_Underwood
she learned to use the internet you should try it
>>
>>16568090
I'm actually going to edit a post I made before. I think it applies here.

There is no way around the work to achieve a goal. If you have a mountain in front of you and at the top is your goal, you will have to work to get there. It does not matter how many times you fail, you can try again. Trying means you're working, not trying means you are failing. You cannot succeed if you never try. You cannot climb with your hands in your pockets.

The first step I think when you are having trouble like this, is to start small. Though even more important than that, is just to really start. It can be overwhelming when you consider too many things and you may end up doing nothing at all. Also realize that long term goals are.. long term and won't be achieved quickly.

Just start. Pick something and start changing it or doing it. That means today. If you can put it off now, you can put it off forever.

Start small. For example, you want to play less video games. Next time you are going to go play, tell yourself to do something else instead. Perhaps going to learn some math or statistics.

The hardest part, is beating your own mind. It has become accustomed to thinking and working in this way. So it's very easy for you to give up and put things off. It's hard for you to say "i need to learn about electrical circuits" and actually follow through. But that is literally what you need to do to yourself.

Tell your mind and yourself what you want to do. It's difficult but it's that simple. The mind is strong willed, and it's easy to let it take over. Take note of that for a second and think of what it means.

When you are sitting there and thinking, "I want to play less video games". Actually tell yourself in your head to do it. If you don't move and do something else, say that shit out loud to yourself.

Do this until you make the habit of doing the things you actually say you want to do.

Don't let your mind sit you down. Tell your mind what you are going to do.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.