[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>19 years old >broke up with gf of 5 years >the reason?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1400511104071.jpg (48KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
1400511104071.jpg
48KB, 535x577px
>19 years old
>broke up with gf of 5 years
>the reason? I feel like ive lost so many experiences - i literally have only been with 1 person for nearly all my my teenage life
>she left crying, her mom messaging me that she'll break my balls if i cause her any more grief
>tfw clearing out the house
>tfw dresser full of her old clothes
>tfw remember each memory attached to those clothes
>tfw she's like broken glass spread all over my rooms floor
>pieces of her are everywhere

I hate this. This is harder than it looks.
>>
If you're happy in your relationship, first or not, it shouldn't matter what perceived "experiences" you feel like you are missing out on. Why would you purposefully make yourself miserable like this when you have a good thing already? It's honestly not worth it at all. I've been in that place, and did the exact same thing OP for the same reasons, and it was fucking stupid of me. I missed out on everything terrible, that was it. Experience is such a dumb reason to leave a relationship and I regret it nearly every day
>>
File: mc9qhDtm1rl9td5o1_500.jpg (12KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
mc9qhDtm1rl9td5o1_500.jpg
12KB, 500x350px
>>16559567
What where the things you wanted to do but missed out on because of her? When you say you've only been with her for your teenage years, do you regret not being with other girls and trying out stuff or something? I can't really see just 'missing out on stuff' a reason to break up.
>>
Same thing happened to me, left her after 4 years. Difference is that I did it subtly and it took me 3 months to break up with her. Don't you worry though, she'll be hopping on 2 new dicks soon enough. Maybe even on a close friend of yours. Fucking sluts.
>>
>>16559610
Obviously that's what he means, you retard. Use some common sense. If he was missing out on biking god knows why, he'd just fucking do it.
>>
>>16559567
A truly riveting tale, chap!
>>
>>16559567
>she left crying, her mom messaging me that she'll break my balls if i cause her any more grief
Jesus Christ anon, I honestly don't know that many mothers who are willing to suck you off for harming their daughter!
>>
>>16559672
It's just a really retarded reason to break it off after such a long time, only to fulfill your manslut dreams. Sorry to hear about your regret OP, but you shouldn't have used your dick for brains.
>>
>>16559691
If you were happy with her, fix this shit mess you made.
If you werent, it was about time.
>>
>>16559761
Are you trying to comment on the OP?
Anyway, the mess he made can't probably be fixed very easy. Like if the girl was so sad and heartbroken that her mom felt the need to call him up, the girl will probably not feel like forgiving him out of the blue. Especially not if he only broke up with her to sleep around with other girls.
>>
I disagree with all these other keks. I am glad for the experiences I had. It's nice to be able to feel loved and sexy around different kinds of people and explore different kinds of relationships. I am greatful for what I've learned by not staying in my first relationship. I think it takes a few for most people to really understand themselves and their desires.
>>
Ha. Jackass.

You ruined a perfectly good thing that was going for you. You think you missed out? Lol. You're 19 buddy. Teenage romance come and go. The ones that last, are the ones that last. You want to know what you missed out on? Teenage drama. 3 month long sexless flings, and the girls that do have sex are usually sluts spreading diseases.

Hey don't worry though. College is around the corner. You'll have plenty of chances to catch up on what you were missing. In your 20's you encounter women that like sex, those were either teen sluts I mentioned earlier, or women that are like your ex, that had been broken up and are now free to experience their own sexuality.

Oh, but then you start noticing how most girls don't have time for relationships, or that they are already taken. You start noticing that the only girls left are heart broken sluts, or just antisocial and really messed up women.

But hey, best wishes to you buddy.
>>
>>16559934
Haha, great reply. Couldnt agree more
>>
>>16559789
The girl probably can't forgive him, and the mom definitely won't.
>>
File: Cringe.png (260KB, 561x408px) Image search: [Google]
Cringe.png
260KB, 561x408px
>>16559567
>the reason? I feel like ive lost so many experiences - i literally have only been with 1 person for nearly all my my teenage life

This is just bad. If you have something good going why stop? You should never judge your relationship based on the boredom of your own life. The only time you break up is if nothing works out through talking or trying to work together past things.
>>
>>16559583
>>16560794
/thread

OP sorry to break it to you but you're a fucking idiot. You don't just throw a relationship away because you 'think' that you missed out on shit. Like the other anons said, why give up something good for such a stupid meaningless reason?
>>
Tell her that you broke up with her because you were scared you were missing out on experiences you could have had as a single man, then ask for her back with an apology, because she sounds pretty special
>>
>>16559934
This is so true. Dum move OP.
>>
File: brothersinfeels.jpg (260KB, 520x734px) Image search: [Google]
brothersinfeels.jpg
260KB, 520x734px
I've been in the same situation OP, and dear god believe me you have made the right choice. She probably was a good girl, great girlfriend etc. but all of that is worth jack shit if you end up resenting her or yourself. Imagine you'd made this decision 10 years down the line.

I've pissed away my late teens and early twenties in a relationship with a girl who was nice but looking back not the right person for me. I missed out on a lot of stuff, and I don't mean just party/drinking or banging sluts but I feel like a big chuck of my life experience, of growing up, of personal development is missed out on and I will never get that back. At age 22 I basically had the emotional development of a 17 year old.

3 years later now and so much has changed, so many things have happened and though sometimes feels about nice moments in that relationship can feel overwhelming, there's no doubt in my mind I did the wrong thing. If anything I should have done it 3 years earlier.

So yes OP the following weeks/months are going to be though. But they will be so worth it. Your life is gonna be different and your brain doesn't like that. The biggest mistake you can make right now is getting back together with her.
>>
>>16561146
I want to add: don't listen to all the shills saying it's dump to not leave a good girl. They are devoid of the experience you have and believe it would fill all the emptiness in their lives. That gnawing feeling of missing out will never go away if you stay with your first partner. After experiencing so much, good friends, casual girls and serious girls, even moving countries, I can say that you will be able to enjoy things so much more without the overshadowing fear of missing out. You did the best thing in your situation.

As to the grief, here's a piece an anon told me and it made all the difference: "accept the tears, the suffering and be grateful that you have those memories; experiences are hard won and nothing on earth can take them from you"
>>
>>16561154
*dumb to leave a good girl

is what I meant
>>
>>16559567
My advice is free and it is on the internet, so bear that in mind. That said...

It hurts a lot right now because she was your first real serious relationship and because of that everything is new, scary, and devastating--and it sounds like it ending is all very fresh to you too. I am going to guess that aside from the torment of seeing "pieces of her" everywhere, you are also struggling with the fact that you are going to need to start a chapter in your life without her. This is huge for anyone and it is going to take you a good long while to come to terms with things ending. This is okay, bud. You gotta mourn the relationship you had with her. She was special to you, and no one can take that away from you, but you two parted ways for a reason, though and it is going to hurt for a while, but the good news is you are gonna be ok, and so will she. You didn't miss out on anything either. You had a great love through your teenage years and that is something wonderful and beautiful and I guarantee you're going to cherish this time down the road.

The first couple days are the worst. It hurts so much and it is so confusing and awful, but you're going to be ok. Hang in there and focus on other things if you can. One day at a time.
>>
>>16561268
>>16561146

Thanks anons.

I just got a job at a marketing company and hopefully the people there will keep my mind off her.
>>
>>16559567
Holy shit, why so much hate on this kid? jesus christ, is this thread full of virgins? My guess is they were probably troubles in this relationship that were linked to OP's decision.

And even if not, so what? yeah it may have been a shit move, but thats life. You live and learn. Your girlfriend at 19 shouldn't be the highlight of your life. take it easy on the fella
>>
I am 19 and I never had a gf, every time I think about it and all the time wasted and the experiences I lost during my teenage years I just want to cry. I know that at 19 I have plenty of time but I feel like I am emotinally stuck at when I was 13, I still feel like a kid. I think I know what you are feeling OP.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.