[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do people actually cheat? Beats would have me believe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

How much do people actually cheat?
Beats would have me believe girls are angels but people like on TheRedPill subreddit say women are children with no conscience ready to hop on dick at any opportunity.
Is it worth trusting people and putting yourself in a vulnerable position? Or does everybody nowadays cheat and there's no point deluding yourself into finding a romantic and monogamous relationship?
>>
File: fossil.jpg (1MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
fossil.jpg
1MB, 2592x1728px
>>16553200
Somewhat less than half of all women have cheated at least once in their lives. Somewhat less than 2/3 of men have cheated.
>>
>>16553200
Studies vary but show between 10% to around 20% of people cheat. So they are the minority.

Ask yourself, have you or would you ever cheat? If they answer is "no, of course not", then that's good enough evidence to believe there are other people out there exactly like you.
>>
>>16553200
My motto is "Enjoy the ride but don't compromise"
Just assume whoever you are with is already cheating on you an don't expect any less of them.
>>
>How much do people actually cheat
Every time I hear a survey it's somewhere in the 30% area. That having been said there's also a difference between people who actively seek out opportunities and those who cheat only when the right circumstances present themselves. The former are easy to sniff out if you have a modicum of self-esteem. However the latter makes one wonder how often people aren't cheating simply because they got unlucky.

>Is it worth trusting people
It can be if you know how to make the most of a healthy relationship. There are lots of things in life which carry far greater risks that infidelity, yet we do them because the benefits outweigh those risks. It's the same here. Get into relationships where the benefits are clear and the risks have been mitigated as much as possible. Then it's worth trusting.
>>
File: 03_The_9_Types_Of_Boyfriends.jpg (290KB, 893x902px) Image search: [Google]
03_The_9_Types_Of_Boyfriends.jpg
290KB, 893x902px
>>16553207
Anyway, you are only hurt as much as you let it hurt.

1. Why are you such a believer in romance? What is true love? Is there true love? Soulmates? Souls?

2. Your woman needs maintenance, just like a car. The world is full of boyfriends who get fatter and lazier as the years go by.
>>
>>16553207
[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
They will cheat if they perceive you as weak, if they find someone better, if they think they have total control over you and if they are sure you love her more than they love you.
>>
File: slide-show-fossil-rose.jpg (404KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
slide-show-fossil-rose.jpg
404KB, 650x488px
>>16553208
Those are the lying liars, lying to the pollsters. It's closer to 50%.
>>
>>16553208
What if the answer is "yes, I have. I would never do that NOW with THIS partner, ever."

I made a mistake, years ago. My partner never found out and I was like 19 and in college at the time.

Now I'm paranoid about every little thing about the possibility of my partner cheating.
>>
File: 42033.jpg (363KB, 613x407px) Image search: [Google]
42033.jpg
363KB, 613x407px
>>16553216
http://magazine.foxnews.com/love/cheating-statistics-do-men-cheat-more-women

Note that this is married women, doesn't even count girlfriends.
>>
>>16553223
That's not what "citation" means.

I can write unsourced information on the internet too. "Anon is a serial rapist" statistics online (right here) say that you are 100% a serial rapist.
>>
>>16553215
I'm a good boyfriend, but I've had moments here or there that might kind of resemble all of those in that image, except "Bigfoot" I guess. I can't think of a time when I ever acted like that.
>>
thats kind of the point of a relationship is that you are arbitrarily giving someone trust for no real reason.

in my opinion, you should take that trust away. knowing how something ends doesn't make it any less enjoyable.

as joss whedon made some superman ripoff in the avengers say 'something isn't beautiful because it lasts'.

if you go in thinking 'she might cheat on me one day' then its not so bad. how you react is another issue, but if you can already accept that all your relationships ARE going to end, then it isn't much of a stretch to acknowledge this.

plus why is sex such a big deal? dont get me wrong its a slip up, but is it any worse than any other argument you might have wiht her?

i just find it hilarious that if you admit to your partner that you've developed feelings for someone they will often give you another chance and 'work through it' even though you started loving someone else (even if from a distance)

yet have sex just for sex and its suddenly the worst thing evar.
>>
A lot. I've been with 3 girls who had boyfriends. So many sluts on campus. What really made me lose hope though is the fact that I've gotten over 150 girls to "cheat" on their parters online. That means flashing me their tits/ass while their boyfriends are not around, but some flashed me when their boyfriends/husbands were in the other room. I've had a few masturbate for me on skype as well when their boyfriends were on the phone with them. I've had plenty snapchat me when their boyfriends are around too. Cheating is my fetish but truthfully I don't trust women anymore. However, it's important not to forget how many men cheat too. It's not a sex exclusive thing. I've never cheated and wouldn't, but just throwing it out there. I tend to stay away from relationships with "western" women because of a lot of the women here are entitled, "empowered", materialistic sluts.

>>16553208

It's impossible to conduct studies on cheating because people, but especially women, are so good at hiding it. It's something most take to the grave.

I've already concluded that I'm going to die alone and I've never been happier.
>>
>>16553232
If it's impossible to study cheating then it's impossible to know if people are lying.

Good job Captain Pseudoscience.
>>
>>16553231
>You can already accept that all your relationships ARE going to end
We're getting married though. I see no reason why she would cheat, but I'd be devastated if it happened.

Sex is a meaningful connection between 2 people. It is meaningful.
>>
>>16553219
That article didn't provide any sources whatsoever. The closest thing was "a study in 2005".

It's pretty consistently 1 in 5

>The most recent research on this suggests that people are actually pretty willing to be honest and confess when they're asked anonymously. In May this year, the polling company YouGov surveyed about a thousand Americans. And they found that 21 percent of men and 19 percent of women admitted that they had cheated on their partners. But it's also worth mentioning that about another 7 percent said they would prefer not to answer the question. So you can read into that what you will.

http://www.npr.org/2015/07/26/426434619/sorting-through-the-numbers-on-infidelity
>>
>>16553222
Someone going to answer this or not?
>>
>>16553208
OP here, I've never cheated and would never cheat (I've had many opportunities; but the thought of hurting someone the way it has hurt me being cheated on always brought the answer to an easy no).
However I've been cheated on my multiple women (is it my fault somehow?) and most people I know cheat.
>>
>>16553215
Ace of hearts that's so me. I like to fuck as many times until it hurts, so far it hasn't hindered ythe relationship but there has been vaginal damage to her and I feel bad afterwards
>>
>>16553242
No it's not your fault that they cheated, but it does sound like you surround yourself with bad people.
>>
>>16553233

I'm just being biased and speaking from personal observations, but women are good liars from what I've seen.

Still, Western women =sluts. I don't view them as anything beyond a night of good fucking.
>>
>>16553241
It sounds like that's the consequence of your actions
>>
I need help

I met a girl online through a language exchange site. We've been talking everyday for the past 2 months. It's like we click. We are always joking and flirting which each other. I'm going to be going to her country on vacation next week. And we are suppose to meet. But there's a problem, she said one time in the past that she had a boyfriend. Yet we are always saying sexual innuendos, and teasing. I think I actually like this girl, which is crazy because I'm 25 and have never had a emotional attraction toward someone else before.

Someone tell me I'm stupid. Please. I really like this girl, but supposingly she had a boyfriend. Yet she flirts with me a lot.

What do I do??
>>
File: 1428081343886.jpg (149KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1428081343886.jpg
149KB, 400x800px
>>16553234

>i see no reason why she would cheat

im sorry, but that warranted a smug frog.

theres ALWAYS a reason to cheat. and ur not married yet, so you're not thinking about down the raod when you guys are so sexually bored of each other that its not as good as masturbation.

>it is meaningful

yes, but id argue that its not nearly as meaningful than an actual emotional connection between two people. feelings develop because of how good two people are for each other. sex develops cuz you havent jerked off in 3 days and the slutty secretary just wont quit.
>>
File: we-were-on-a-break.jpg (109KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
we-were-on-a-break.jpg
109KB, 736x552px
There's a lot of this going on
>>
>>16553200
Just like criminals, women do things for power, fun or resources
They might fuck someone to be popular, they might fuck someone because they are financially secure, they might fuck someone because they are bored of their current situation.
People who do cheat, do it a lot.

You can tell which girls are going to cheat most of the time, I would say that the obvious places to look at are the company they keep (friends, family) and how they act.
My ex had friends who slept about, her mother married an older guy (her step dad) for his money, my ex said she would only flirt and leave it at that, I suspected but never had anything and I didn't dump her because she was my first gf, after that the time invested became more of an issue (together for 5 years) then one night she confessed when she was drunk that she fucked 8 different guys during our relationship.
>>
>>16553273

>8 different guys

Oh wow.

This is why I don't trust women.
>>
>>16553252
What do you mean? The other relationship broke up for a completely different reason.

This one I would never cheat in, there is no reason to cheat, and there is nothing which suggests this woman would cheat.

You're saying that the paranoia I have now is the consequence of my actions?
>>
>>16553284
Yes
>>
File: 1430838393805.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1430838393805.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>16553279

>a girl you never met slept with 8 different guys
>"this is why i dont trust women"
>>
>>16553279
Well hopefully you would make better choices when choosing who to date.
I knew who 4 of the guys were, I suspected things were going on but couldn't prove anything, I learned from the experience and have had more luck with my current gf of 2 years.
You tend to find others who have been cheated on and you sort of get along better, there is more trust.
>>
>>16553298
you are a fucking fool if you think that isn't a massive redflag.
if she's fucked 8 guys and is single, it means there something wrong, either with her or the guys she slept with.
If there is something wrong with her, you are better off finding someone else that isn't just a fuck toy for guys.
If there is something wrong with the guys she fucked, it means she lacks good judgment and she's just turn your life in a cluster fuck.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.