[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you fake confidence and self-esteem when you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: sharks.jpg (284KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sharks.jpg
284KB, 800x600px
How do you fake confidence and self-esteem when you've never had any?
>>
>>16522703
Observe how other (confident) people act, copy their mannerisms, adapt to your specific needs. Ta-da fake confidence.
>>
>>16522707
Normal people turn hostile if I come too near them.
>>
>>16522703
Here's how I did it back in high school

>I don't care
>I don't care
>I don't care
>I don't care

I repeated this in my head every time someone/something would bother me.

By the end of HS it evolved into

>I like my life
>I like who I am
>I like how I look
>I don't care
>I ENJOY LIFE
>>
>>16522729
But if I fuck up in the next place, I'm looking at another three years of being bullied.
>>
>>16522732
>three years of being bullied

dude. are you in high school? be honest.
>>
>>16522739
No. I'm 21. I just have no social experience outside of my family that didn't involve either complete avoidance or getting bullied.

I'd like to make friends.
>>
>>16522743
Who is bullying you?
>>
>>16522752
Nobody, anymore. But I'm going back to school next spring/autumn in a different city where I don't know anyone. I'd like to stop being a complete hermit but I don't know how to behave.
>>
>>16522760
Dude no one's gonna bully you in college, unless you're asking for it/loud beta autist. No one gives a shit really. Stop worrying about it. No one will bother you.
>>
>>16522762
It's not a college, it's a trade school. The sort of a place where all my high school bullies went after school.

I know I'm going to be a lot older than everyone else, but I am also a beta autist. I have a honest-to-god asperger diagnosis. I know they'll probably leave me alone if I leave them alone but I really just want to have friends.
>>
>>16522776
Autism isn't a social death sentence. One of my friends has autism, but he's still hilarious and social despite it. He's the kind of guy who's quiet but whenever he talks it's always something funny. He parties too and is a catch to hang out with. Don't let your autism set you back bro, you can make it.

Start lifting and try to self improve your physical characteristics in any way you can.

It might sound cliche but if some old high school bully tries to give you shit, literally ignore them. Do not look, don't talk, just ignore. Ignore their insults, do not let it have ANY effect on you.
>>
>>16522798
I know how to avoid them. But this time I need to befriend them.
>>
>>16522776
>>16522798
and as far as social interaction goes, just try and get into a mellow mind set. You have to just chill out and stop worrying about it. Take some deep breaths.
>>
>>16522801
>But this time I need to befriend them
Okay I think I'm understanding your problem.

You have issues with friends giving you shit, and you feel bad whenever they do/question if they're really your friends?

Just tell me if I am right or wrong, is this your issue?
>>
>>16522803
I know they can smell fear.

People with low self-esteem are targets because people can tell they have a low social standing, and therefore can be mistreated without consequences.

I just need to figure out how to develop self-esteem and be confident enough to not be scared in the first place.
>>
>>16522806
I have issues of having been bullied my entire life for being a fucking retard, so I have grown up as a convenient target of bullying.

I will be moving into a new city soon, and I am trying to understand how to make sure the people in the new place can't tell right out that I am a target.
>>
>>16522815
>>16522811
Okay gotcha. Well, you just have to calm down for one thing. Stop caring so much about finding your "people". Just realize it's not that big of a deal, take a deep breath and live your life one day at a time. You will find people, people who won't judge/ridicule you. Trust me, there's gonna be people that can relate to you in college.

The guys who gave you shit weren't probably your friends, they were insecure assholes who needed to take their own personal issues out on an easy target to be established as alpha males. It's a LOT more common than you think. In my high school friend circle, there's some dudes I don't fuck with because that's literally all they do. They' were obsessed with being established as alpha, so they would always pick on the fat kid/weird kids that would hang out with us, feasting on their insecurities. It was a total shit show, those guys I feel like deep down are really depressed.

Also, try repeating in your head what I was talking about earlier
>I don't care
>I don't care
>I don't care
>I don't care
EVERY TIME someone/something bothers you.
>>
File: attention whore.jpg (9KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
attention whore.jpg
9KB, 262x192px
>>16522815
How about you stop being an easy target then?
>>
>>16522850
It's not a college, it's a trade school.

I know I won't have "my people". My parents went to college and raised me to go there, too, but I couldn't make it in there.

I'll be in trade school with everyone whose parents went to trade school and raised them to go there, too.

We moved from a rich area of a big city to where I live now when I was 12. I never adjusted to dropping social class.

I know bullying isn't anything personal. I know they do it because I'm an easy target and do and say annoying things. I just don't know how to stop doing that.
>>
>>16522874
>dropping social class
Yeah you deserve all the shit you got coming.
>>
>>16522703
get drunk
>>
>>16522939
I can't be drunk at school. That screams insecurity, if anything.
>>
>>16522712
So just up your sneak skill and slowly crawl near them and crit-kill those normie bastards. I hear their loot table is shit though.
>>
>>16523007
That'd be a bit of an antisocial thing to do.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.