[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, how do you deal with being in love with your friend? Alternatively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (112KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 1200x800px
Guys, how do you deal with being in love with your friend? Alternatively how to break the friendzone?
>tfw I'm 4/10 forever alone female
>>
Be open, if he rejects you, move on.
>>
>>16520564
He rejected me a year ago but still flirts and acts very clingy ;_;
>>
>>16520568
Use roofies

For real though, be direct. Ask why he's giving mixed signals.
>>
>>16520558
You need to be willing to walk away or its never gonna happen.
Back off & pretend you're into someone else. Works every time, dumb boys.
>>
>>16520568
Then ask him again. If he rejects you but is well aware about your feelings, move on because he knows what he is doing to you feels awful. Friends don't do things like this, he's a selfish prick.
>>
You move on and find someone else.
>>
>>16520568
People change, it's worth asking again.
>>
Protip: get rid of the 4/10, 0 to 10 scale labeling. Shit doesn't really mean anything and will only hold you down.
Just live like there is no scale. In the end, sure it always helps if you are pretty, but as cliché as it may sound, the personality and how you get along with the other one are the only things that matters.
>>
>>16520580
>>16520573
>>16520642
I'm scared to ask again... It may end up really bad and he for sure will think I'm either thirsty or obsessed with him
>>
>>16521762
It's been a year, enough time has passed. Just go for it, if he acts clingy it's possible he developed feelings too.
>>
>>16520568
That's because he wants to keep you as a friend, or he's playing with you, you really shouldn't turn this into something it isn't; especially since he's already told you he doesn't have feelings for you. Move on.
>>
>>16521871
Idk man, I've been friends with a girl for a while and initially didn't have romantic feelings toward her, but very recently I've gotten a huge crush on her.
>>
>>16520558
>Forever alone
>Female
Pffffftt hahahahahahahaha yeah ok OP. Did you only get asked out once this week?
>>
>>16521858
yeah, maybe... But I don't know how to approach the subject anyway

>>16521871
possible, but don't know why he wants to keep me as a friend, he's got plenty of those

>>16521971
yeah, if you're attractive then maybe> I don't get asked out, literally only people who hit me up are sixty something hobos and drunks
>>
>>16521998
Do you spend time alone or always with other friends? Depending on your relationship asking him on a date might work
>>
>>16522012
we spend some time alone but, sometimes go grab lunch together or something
>>
>>16521971
you must be really r9k tier stupid to think thats true
>>
>>16520558
A 4/10?

can you show us a picture? doesn't have to be detailed.
>>
>>16520558

> how do you deal with being in love with your friend?

I stop being her friend. I can't be. I can't be unbiased or support her when she wants to complain about the guy she's seein'.
I can't offer /adv/ice to her on dating because I'm either sabotaging her, or I'm overcompensating for wanting to sabotage her.

Futhermore, listening to her talk about this guy she's seeing, or that guy or whatever hurts. Because it means she thinks all those guys are better for her than me.

And that stings.

So I cannot be her friend, if I am in love with her.

>Alternatively how to break the friendzone?
Once did it... nearly. She fucked it up, not me.

Distance is good. Get some time and space away from them and change yourself. Make yourself better WITHOUT them.

It's generally not worth it though, you're basically making yourself appear to be a new you. Re-branding yourself, basically.

On the inside you'll still be the same, but they won't see it that way and that causes boundaries to get crossed and they'll never like you for who you really are.

It isn't worth it.

Honestly, my advice is to break away from this "friend" and move on. Gradually cut the contact.
>>
>>16520558
>female
>forever alone
FUCKING PICK ONE.
>>
>>16523056
Don't want to post my face here, I just look really generic and fat

>>16523102
I suppose you're right, it's so hard to distance though
>>
>>16523162
>I suppose you're right, it's so hard to distance though

Hence the term "gradually".

Love is a drug, wean yourself off of it.
>>
>>16523162
get unfat

i rejected girls for being fat and im a virgin
think about that
id rather not have sex then admit to myself that i had sex with fat girls
>>
>>16523208
I'm in the process of getting unfat but it will take a few months at least

>>16523188
well you're right again but see, we kinda are in touch all the time... I don't know how to break it without upsetting him
>>
>>16523252

You don't even need to tell him.

I didn't tell her.
I just texted less and less, hung out less, had more important things i needed to do, like work.
Eventually it becomes a once every couple of months when they're bored, they'll contact, eventually they might try again after a year or so (she did it to me after a year).

Eventually, they'll forget all about you, and you about them.
>>
File: 1445195350544.jpg (264KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445195350544.jpg
264KB, 1080x720px
>>16520558
>female says she's 4/10
>she's actually a 7-8/10
every girl says the same shit.
>>
>>16523347
Fat girls are almost always ugly though
>>
File: 88444.png (12KB, 1132x169px) Image search: [Google]
88444.png
12KB, 1132x169px
fuck off
>>
>>16523389
Wah, guys have it so much harder!
>>
>>16523162
>>16523188
>gradually
Nah, the best is to drop somebody altogether. Stop talking to him, stop meeting up with him, when he asks what's up, ignore him. It'll hurt at first but you'll forget about him after some weeks/months. Also try getting interested in someone else.
Dude who rejected you but is still clingy on you and flirts with you isn't a good friend material. Not worth keeping him.
>>
>>16524493
Well, it is true though, that's why you didn't bother to write an argument against that.
>>
>>16523389
So you're surprised that guys on /adv/ tell other guys to fuck off, but compliment girls?
>>
>>16523389
kek. I see it more often as the opposite tbqh family.
>>
You have two options:

1.-improve, even if you are a 4/10 female, (wich i don't think you are that bad) you can do things for/to him, that he is going to like/enjoy, men don't really care that much about physical shit, we want someone caring, kind and loving.

2.-Move on.
>>
>>16520558
>Guys, how do you deal with being in love with your friend?
I don't. Well, I /haven't/.
Being friends with someone you love that is not interested in you is deluding yourself into thinking something magical could happen. What will happen is that he-she will get a partner and you will be fucking miserable. Or, at least, that's what's happened to me and what's happened to friends of mine. Your case might be different.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.