[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Maybe a faggy question by 4chan standards, but I have never posted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1403418936243.png (164KB, 409x325px) Image search: [Google]
1403418936243.png
164KB, 409x325px
Maybe a faggy question by 4chan standards, but I have never posted on this board.

Is it normal to not feel as "in love" with a more recent girlfriend than I did with my first love?

I can't tell if it's my brains just playing tricks on me because my ex was my first for literally everything in relationships, or if I'm just not as much "in love" with my more recent gf.
>>
>>16517000
How long have you been together? How long were you with your ex for? How did your relationship with your ex end? And how long ago?
>>
>>16517005
New gf: Getting close to 2 years in terms of how we "get along" with each other, but "Facebook official" about 6 months or so. We don't live together.

Ex gf: 4 years and we lived together. She dumped me out of the blue one day.
>>
>>16517013
You're probably never going to love her the same if it's been 2 years. You can learn to live with it though.
If old girlfriend came back now & said she wanted you back, what would you do?
>>
The first of everything always seems the most intense. It's probably the same feeling except you just know it now so it's "meh". Think of it like the first time playing a game versus playing it after 200 hours of gameplay. The first time was magical and everything was new and amazing even though you barely knew how to talk to NPCs but after 200 hours you're downing some serious bosses without a problem and doing way more intense shit then in the first minutes of the game yet it's not as exciting because you've grown aware to the game. Love is like that except when you get bored of a game you start another and the new feeling is there. There's no new feeling for love. Get what I mean?
>>
>>16517020
If I could have some sort of guarantee of loyalty and love, then I would probably consider it heavily.

But this is the real world and we're all only human, so I would probably knock back the offer because of the risk.

Current gf is much more stable in terms of relationship material. Less likely to cheat, has her head on her shoulders a bit more, etc but it's hard to pin point the difference. Without sounding like a walking and talking cliche fag, it's hard to pin point what makes "love" unique.
>>
>>16517021
I get what you mean, good analogy too because I play a lot of vidya and this has been my current feelings on video games as of late. Thanks for the advice anon.
>>
>>16517034
Cheers mate
>>
>>16517028
You can't love someone and be excited by them because of stability. You should remind yourself more often of reasons why you love her that don't make it the 'sensible choice'.
>>
To put it in simplest terms, your first love will always feel special, even if it wasn't. I doesn't mean you love your current love any less.
>>
>>16517000
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic. You just now understand more about feelings and don't get as excited unless there is something to be excited about, you're not new to this anymore.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.