[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/, I have a girlfriend question. I just sometimes don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: asterix.gif (10KB, 149x250px) Image search: [Google]
asterix.gif
10KB, 149x250px
Hello /adv/, I have a girlfriend question.
I just sometimes don't know what's normal and what's ok.

Here are the circumstances as short as I can:
We are both 21, studying at different universities.
She's living in a living community, me at parents house (because I'm too dumb to study and work at once).
I need 1 hour in total to get to her. (It doesn't cost me money cause of longterm train ticket)
Need 1 hour (other direction) to get to university.

The following situation occours a lot:
I go home after studying. When she arrives home she always wants me to get to her in the evening. Till today I did it almost every time.
Situation today:
Today I wanted to do sports with my friends. But they did cancel it.
No I know when I tell her she will insist that I go to her.

It always ends with me going to her, even when I have a lot of stuff to get done.
But even when I'm not busy, sometimes is just stresses me to go to her in the evening. Getting home and knowing I need to do one more train ride in the evening is the thing that stresses me.
Also it doesn't feel right to "leave" my parents after eating at home every day.

Is it ok if I just say no because I dont want to?
Or should I get my mommy-house-ass up and go to her every time I possibly can?

Please tell me. I really don't know.
>>
I'm not talking about not going to her in general. But at like one time per week or something I just want to stay at home without needing a specific reason
>>
How long have you been dating? Have you told her before that it's hard for you to take the train that much?
>>
I haven't told her. I just used reasons (like doing sports) to stay at home. But I don't want to lie when the reason cancels.
One and a half year.
>>
I know here well enough to know that she won't understand.
I don't expect that she will be angry or something, but I will have a bad feeling and I'm not sure if it's ok to stay at home without a reason.
>>
>>16493087
first of all I wouldn't worry about your parents. you're 21, you have your own life.
secondly, if you're busy, your girl needs to understand and accept that. I get that she misses you, which of course is something you wish for, but sometimes you just have to do other things too.

also couldn't you maybe get some work done on the train? that's what I always did. I also had an hour train ride, that's 2 hours each day without distractions you can use to study.
>>
>>16493150
>>16493087
I agree, use the train rides to study, but also I think you're making it excessively complicated. If you think it's stressing you out, don't go to her place, and study instead. Simply tell her what you need to do and she'll understand, as long as what you're implying isn't true.
>I know her well enough to know that she won't understand
>>
>>16493244
Thank you for your answers. I just quoted one, but thank you all for your posts.

I have something in addition so say:
I don't need to study every time I don't feel like going to her.
I could actually study at her place, but that would obviously be later in the evening than at home which is stressing a bit.

But I'm also talking about to not want to take the train because knowing I have to change place in the evening itself is stressing.

What do you think about that point? Is it bad from me when I just dont want to, just like that? Just to relax and not having to pack clothes together and change place?
>>
Asked differently:
Am I just a lazy ass or is it ok/normal to just stay.
>>
>>16493307
everybody needs some time to them self every once in a while. and she just has to accept that you sometimes don't want to take the one hour train ride but instead just want to be alone. and also, why does she never come to you?!
>>
Might be hard to suddenly bring up having alone time over a year into a relationship. If you really think she won't understand you, how long do you think the relationship is going to last? What sort of real issues might instantly cause a break up? If you can't talk about issues now, how will that go down the line?
Seems like the relationship is just making you more stressed when you have more important things to focus on. Neither of you are (presumably) going to live closer to each other any time soon. It might be a good time to reconsider what you're doing.
>>
>>16493087
No normal relationship requires you to give her ALL your time. "I'm busy studying" and "I'm having a boys' night with my friends" are perfectly legitimate reasons not to see her, and if she doesn't accept that it's a danger sign.
Meanwhile, why doesn't she ever come to you, or you arrange to meet in the middle?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.