[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I tell parents that I smoke? Consider that they are kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1447855403637.jpg (142KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447855403637.jpg
142KB, 400x400px
How do I tell parents that I smoke? Consider that they are kind of emotionally unstable. They tend to overreact and sometimes hard to talk to. they wont really hear me out etc
>>
>>16475049
Tell them you're on heroine.
When they freak out, go like "Jk, just smoking some cigs, nothing to worry about"
>>
>>16475054
Heroin*
>>
>>16475054
>>16475057
lol
but really that is a bad choice imo.
got anything to justify your answer?
>>
wow this thread is pretty slow huh bump
>>
Personally I waited for my mum to have a cigarette then asked if I could have one. She said "If you really think you're brave enough", smoked it like a trooper in front of her and she's been chill since.

She once told me that she respected I told her straight out before letting her catch me etc
>>
>>16475061
Shut up, it is the best choice.
>>
>>16475061
Not really, no, just figured I'd have a laugh. You can either tell tem, or not, but they'll figure it out eventually. Maybe write a letter if you think they wouldn't hear you out?

>>16475057
Thanks, for correcting me. My English is okay, but I obviously make mistakes now and then, and I like to see them pointed out.
>>
>>16475079
yep but im positive they'll overreact, any tips?
>>
>>16475087
Dunno man, if you're over 18 I'd play the "It's my life"-card, promise not to do it while you're home, that you know the risks, stuff like that.

If there's any particular reason why you smoke, let them know. "To look cool" and "My friends do it" are not valid answers here.
>>
>>16475101
>Dunno man, if you're over 18 I'd play the "It's my life"-card, promise not to do it while you're home, that you know the risks, stuff like that.

exactly what i was thinking!

>If there's any particular reason why you smoke, let them know. "To look cool" and "My friends do it" are not valid answers here.

i thought i'd tell them my friend let me try one, and cigarettes make me calm so lol
>>
>>16475111
Yeah, see, like that.
"I've been under some stress lately because [insert life troubles here], and I find that an occasional cigarette helps me relax. It's not a big deal."
>>
>>16475117
holy shit thanks man, will try this out
any advice what to do when they insist no
>>
>>16475133
Are they likely to kick you out, disown you, or make life difficult for you? If not, tell them you just wanted to let them know, because you respect them, but that it's not up for a parliamentary vote or anything.
>>
Tell them you have an addiction and need help breaking it.
>>
>>16475139
great! they're probably treat me like shit, but fuck that is a good answer /thread thanks!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.