[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ So just a few hours ago I completely destroyed my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: 20151014_174600.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20151014_174600.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hey /adv/
So just a few hours ago I completely destroyed my forearm and wrist during a Football game. The doc told me I had little chance of ever doing contact sports, as well as basketball and baseball, ever again. They suggested that during my recovery time that I try and find a new "hobby". But aside from Track season and playing guitar I have nothing to really do from now on. I don't really know of any after school activities that pique my attention. Do any of you have any good ideas on what I can put my time into and not regret later?

Also broken bone/dislocations general I guess.
>>
File: 180224.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
180224.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: 180218-2.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
180218-2.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>16460621
Wtf happened?
>>
File: 173741.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
173741.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: 173734.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
173734.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>16460637
I'm kinda hazy as to what happened. I was playing free safety when my receiver ran a fly and when the quarterback threw the ball in our direction our corner also rushed over to assist. All three of us jumped towards the ball and when I landed I got up and looked at my arm and surprise surprise.
>>
>>16460621
Time to rap and sell crack nigger
>>
>>16460621
Jesus christ dude that looks painful as hell
As for hobbies can you use both hands or just one? I broke my pinky and had a cast on for a while but I passed the time I had of playing assassin's creed 4, just because I only had to press x with my broken hand and the other one did all the rest. If you canuse both you could try video games or drawing or something of the sort, if not you can read, watch movies TV ahows, cartoins, anime, whatever it is you're into. For physical activity you can run or do pretty much any one person sport that doesn't require contact with your hands, but if the doc told you to rest then I'd stick to running if you really need to have some sort of excersise.
>>
>>16460621
If you want to stay with sports, you can coach or manage.

Or you can discover that there is more to life than sports. Read a book. Listen to (or play) music. Get involved in politics. Meet girls. Make a movie.
>>
>>16460765
>>16461061
Thanks for the tips, I'll look into trying to manage or coach, it's gonna bum me out but it's better than nothing.
I already play the guitar and piano, but seeing as how I only have one hand I won't be able to play for a while. Anything music related (preferably playing) that I can do with one arm?
>>
File: Alright.gif (398KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Alright.gif
398KB, 200x200px
>>16460667
>>
>>16460621
>The doc told me I had little chance of ever doing contact sports, as well as basketball and baseball, ever again.

Not this season, and maybe not a professional level. Modern orthopedic surgery is amazing. Know a guy who had his whole lower body shattered in Iraq. A few years and a few pounds of titanium later he is working 60 hours a week as a diesel mechanic with no problem.
>>
>>16461707
Really? Damn, I would pay good money for the chance to play again.
>>
>>16461667
The triangle, conducting, throat singing
>>
File: lolbruh.jpg (20KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
lolbruh.jpg
20KB, 413x395px
>>16461811
>Triangle
>>
Well OP you kinda gotta tell us what your dang interests are. Like shit, shooting in the dark much?
>>
>>16460621
learn 2 program and get a bazillion million affirmative action programs/scholarships
>>
>>16461667
>Anything music related (preferably playing) that I can do with one arm?
Harmonica, maybe? They make holders for them that go around your neck, so you can play them hands-free; your injuries don't require that, but when you recover enough to play the guitar again, a stand would let you play both at once and wow the crowd.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.