[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do with my life? I really hate college life because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dfgdfnhg.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
dfgdfnhg.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
What should I do with my life? I really hate college life because 95% of what I'm learning is useless and not any sort of applicable skill.

I'm able-bodied, female, and good with following directions. I have a part time job right now in order to help my mother and myself live comfortably, but I really wish to find some kind of technical occupation to finally lift the burden off her shoulders. I'm not averse to schooling, it should just be relevant. I don't want three years of fucking filler anthropology or other bull the fuck does a welder need that for?
>>
>>16460395
Welder's have many health problems lol

Do a criminal justice degree like me and the amount of jobs with pensions that open up is fucking ludicrous

Or join the navy or air force, they're cushy as fuck
I'm doing army but that's a lot of work not everyone can put up with
>>
You think of doing engineering? I am dead serious, a girl in engineering can have all the guys helping you out provided you whore yourself out a bit?

Serious answer is information technology.
>>
>>16460410
>>16460404
both of these fields sound like I need to continue sitting through disgusting time waster classes, is this really the only option for youngsters nowadays?
>>
>>16460419

Well engineering you do labs and do work that is applicable to your field but the coursework is difficult and not many people finish all four years.

Information technology is broad and so you can dip yourself into whatever designated area of interest you want go into. You don't need a degree but need work experience, get certified and then get a nice salary position relaxing not doing jack shit. Chillest way to make a living is working in I.T.

If neither of those tingle you then go into trades. Faster and you make money a lot faster than each.
>>
>>16460431
everything you learn in criminal justice is either real life practicality, criminal theory (psychology) to help you understand deviant behaviour, or hands on work with law enforcement

>>16460431
Literally how do you take " I really hate college life because 95% of what I'm learning is useless" and turn that into "Hey you should go into a STEM field! Or preferably the most useless one filled with socially inept weirdos, Engineering!"
>>
I know how you feel OP, college is pretty gay, I'm dropping out. Now I wish I wouldn't have gotten out of the Military. Fuck I should have stayed in
>>
>>16460441

Then go into criminal justice and stop bitching. Suck it up and be a big girl who has enough discipline to finish something for a better tomorrow.
>>
>>16460431
Thank you for your input. I'm decent at math but not at a level to competently do engineering related things I would think. I.T. is something I'll take a look at.

If I could just ask you to elaborate on some trade professions? I'm not sure what can be called a trade profession, and what really entails with the ones I do know.

Electrician
Plumbing
Welding

.. is all I'm aware of. I'd really love if you could just say a few comments about those and any others you could include

>>16460441
since you seem to understand this pooling hatred of college life I have, maybe you could elaborate on some trade professions as well? thank you for your input on criminal justice
>>16460445
I just don't get it dude, all these lax drunken turds just floating around the campus.. I feel disgust to the extent I'm sweating typing this shit.
>>
>>16460457
>just don't get it dude, all these lax drunken turds just floating around the campus.. I feel disgust to the extent I'm sweating typing this shit.

I think the majority of people go with the mindset that they want to be stupid and irresponsible for 4 years and just sex and drink the whole time. It's pretty gay, really. I'm 25 right now, and just started my freshman semester in August. But I'm fucking done with this shit as soon as this semester is over. I don't have the care to deal with college's liberal agenda, and annoying drunks.
>>
>>16460457

Information technology is probably your best bet because you are in a technical field but it isn't so intensive you get migraines.

Regarding trades there is a massive shortage of workers because most young people immediately go into college, hence the higher pay output starting off. Skilled trades is a lot of different things anon such as Pipe fitters, brick layers, chemical plant operators, firefighters, train engineers, medical laboratory technicans etc.

Besides you can do this and then head back to school years into the future if you feel like you want a change of pace.
>>
Find a college or university near you and do fast track online. Cuts out most of the bullshit courses usually.
>>
>>16460475
I'm only 19 so it's to be expected of my age group I suppose. It sucks that they have the luxury and I'm trying to make a life.
>>16460477
Awesome list. Will research thank you.
>>16460478
The cure to filler exists? I'll look it up

need to sleep now, thank you all and additional comments would be very nice
>>
>>16460497

I hear you. If you don't mind doing the actual academics (I hate the academics, main reason I'm dropping) you could do online. You have 0 interaction with retards and shills.
>>
>>16460497
Bullshit courses are usually for day full time chumps they do it to get money.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.