[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >girlfriend has mostly guy friends >house mates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1337880306235.png (204KB, 509x380px) Image search: [Google]
1337880306235.png
204KB, 509x380px
>be me
>girlfriend has mostly guy friends
>house mates mostly guys
>she's frequently exchanging calls/texts or hanging out with said guys
>I gotta be ok with it and mostly am
>last weekend at party barely talked to me
>often talking to the same guy-friend who hit on her when they first met
>she has said he's cute before
>seen her paying too much attention to him before
>feel like I'm nearly invisible to her around him
>I get annoyed and remark about it
>get accused of being 'paranoid' and 'obsessive', 'how could I not trust her', etc
>from then on she pays lots of attention to me and points it out as proof that I was being crazy

meanwhile, if I just
>hang out with a group of friends that 'might' include a girl
>text a girl for some legit reason
>get a girl house mate (the rest being guys)
...she starts getting all insecure and butthurt about it.

Every. Fucking. Time. How the fuck do I deal with this massive double standard /adv/?
>>
Well, as a female, that have guy friends most of life. The thing is that there is no fucking excuse, if my boyfriend feels uncomfortable about me talking to other guys, then I would simply introduce the my guy friends with him. Heck play some videogames or play a pole game just make everything ease down. If one of my guy friends have a girl friend, we double date. Movies, or whatever. But I would try to never get intimate with them, or even have their phone number. I don't want to chance it, my boyfriend is perfectly fine that have guy numbers, he trusts me. But, I try to keep my boyfriend emotionally happy, and if something uncomfortable arises, I encourage him to talk to me about it, and to fix any misunderstanding. OP, just talk to her, if it doesn't seem to work out, to get the hell out of that relationship before it goes down hill, really its up to you.
>>
>>16455669

This is excellent advice.

From a different/male/less confident point of view, you could nip it in the bud and dump her.
>>
Maybe you should stop dating girls who don't know how to behave themselves in relationships. Just a thought.
>>
>>16455669
My problem is not she talking with other guys, it's the double standard being applied to me. And more importantly, the fact there's always 1 guy she's seemingly 'crushing' on, frequently mentioning him (or weirdly omitting him) in conversation, also giving him way more attention (eagerness to talk and goof around with) than to anyone else in social settings. In contrast, nowadays when she's with me most of the time she's either in a rush, tired, stressed, angry, sad or some combination.
>>
>>16455887
Oh and talking doesn't accomplish anything. All it gets me is that she denies it, maybe "apologizes" for the sake of agreement, I look insecure and she gets better at hiding the behavior that annoyed me in the first place (which is pointless as the behaviour itself is not the root of the problem, just a symptom of it).
>>
This is honestly a tactic cheaters/abusers use. She makes you feel guilty about your platonic relationship with women so she can keep you as her possession while she can do whatever she wants with guys (whatever that may be).
It'd be a different story if she consoled you appropriately when you brought up your discomfort, but she's making you feel guilty about it.
Abandon ship
>>
>>16455913
>She makes you feel guilty about your platonic relationship with women so she can keep you as her possession while she can do whatever she wants with guys (whatever that may be).

Yea, this is how I've been seeing it for some time now. But I don't think she does it consciously.

She seems to honestly believe she only has eyes for me. My hunch is she does feel the attraction towards the guy of the moment, enjoys the interactions and as long as she doesn't step on the line she can rationalize it as 'okay', 'just friends', etc.
>>
>>16455959
I suppose if you trust her and understand her intentions, then there's no problem.
Really issue is she's not giving you that trust and respect. It's gotta be a mutual trust or else it'll become a big, tiring debate.
>>
>>16455988
I trust her to not cheat on me, or to at least tell me if she does. I don't trust her to not be subconsciously soft-flirting with the handsome guys and in turn sabotaging our relationship, which is what I feel she's been doing more and more.
>>
>>16456012
Well really the only thing that can fix this is you being honest with and saying you're extremely uncomfortable.
If she can't accept that and understand your feelings then she probably isn't dating material
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.