[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend's high school sweetheart committed suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1447198661509.jpg (113KB, 1026x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1447198661509.jpg
113KB, 1026x1022px
My boyfriend's high school sweetheart committed suicide when she was 16. Both me and him are 22 and he hasnt gotten over it. He's been seeing a therapist as long as I've met him but it doesn't seem to be getting better. The more I become closer to him the more I realize that he still loves her and he isn't willing to let go. It hurts me deeply and I hate to say that I'm jealous, but this is not about that. It's been 6 years and it's only getting worse. He's starting to come back late sometimes and I suspect that he's been visiting her grave. When we're out with mates hes always smily and happy but once we're back he seems so dissatisfied and lonely. Whenever i ask him whats up he tells me that he just cant let it go. Seeing him like this hurts.

What can I do?
>>
>>16454339

stay with him until you just cant stand it anymore. then leave him.
>>
>>16454339
Tits or gtfo?
>>
>>16454350
It feels so selfish to leave him though.
>>16454354
hahaha look momma I posted something!! XD
This isn't /r9k/ or /b/. Fuck off.
>>
>>16454339
You're going to continue to hurt and he'll never be able to let her go. It's probably in your best interests to leave him, once that's done his happiness isn't your concern.
>>
>>16454363
I second tits

Now
>>
File: 1421512144331.jpg (469KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1421512144331.jpg
469KB, 1920x1080px
>>16454710
>>16454354
go back to /b/ed faggots

>>16454339
If hes not getting better theres nothing you can do to help, honestly, as bad as that may sound. If he hasnt gotten over her from dating you for guessing 6 years, you either arent the one for him or he wouldve by now, or they where meant to be and now hes just left an empty shell.
>>
it might sound bad but I agree with the other anons he is hurting and not willing to let go sounds like he quite possibly needs time for himself to asses his feelings
it sounds coldhearted
but there might not be an end to it even with time if you stay with him he might not end up letting go
its been 6 years
since the incident
and your boyfriend
is still seemingly depressed about it
if you continue to do nothing to address or fix the problem
your relationship worries could end up making you even more upset
which sounds very inevitable unfortunately with most of the scenarios I could think of

good luck anon life is hard then you die make the most of your life
and learn to love yourself
>>
Break up with him, see if he misses you enough to come crawling back.
>>
On one hand, you shouldn't be too jealous, she's practically the only person you can really count on him not being able to fuck or grow closer with. Dead women aren't big man stealers.

On the other hand if it is worsening and he won't respect you feeling then you need to leave him. Really you sitting back watching this is just enabling it and he will never have motivation to change. If you leave him he might not fix shit with you but he will have an opportunity to change for the next one.

It's not selfish to look out for your own wellbeing when someone is in a downward mental spiral and refusing help. Leave him.
>>
>>16454718
Thats really immature, and frankly shitty and manipulative
>>
File: 45029-3brothers02woman.jpg (186KB, 620x371px) Image search: [Google]
45029-3brothers02woman.jpg
186KB, 620x371px
I wonder if he is suicidal?
>>
>>16454722
Yeah? I only suggested that because the most likely eventual outcomes are all much grimmer.
>>
I relate a bit. I got very ill and had to leave my high school sweetheart, 6 years ago. I haven't been able to have a girlfriend since, due to permanent immune disorder. She is still often in my dreams, though I have certainly let her go unlike your boyfriend and his ex.

All I can add to the conversation is, I don't think it's just about her to him. His life was probably quite different then. He's stuck in a prior world. Maybe it's cozy there to him. Seems like therapists are good at working this stuff out.
>>
>>16454339
He needs to accept what happened and remember everything. That is his problem he has become a slave to his past. If he can not get over it now he will live there permanently and not be able to see how great the present and the future are. People die and those close to us die but we accept it eventually and let them live in our memories. It's up to him to accept it and move on if he can not I do not know what else to say but to forget about him.
>>
File: image.jpg (579KB, 1264x1720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
579KB, 1264x1720px
>>16454339
Your dealin with a guy who is been being a baby for to long!
He should have his eyes open nd kno that he got you there but he keeps on living in the pass!
You need to give him time for himself!
Depending on if it's effecting you,
Relationships should be fun not depressing!
If you love him enough then help him out!
But if his not seeing you in a happy state of mind, then he isn't ready for a relationship, especially if you keep on bringing up a dead ex!
Smh
But in my opinion it's been too long.
You wasting your time!
;)
>>
>>16454339
First of all, take a step back and remember that you're getting jealous of a dead girl. I doubt she's thinking about this situation as much as you are. Don't fall into the trap of thinking of this as a situation involving three people, because one of them is never, ever coming back.

Having a lover kill themselves is an experience that stays with you for a long time. Do you know the circumstances around her death? In these situations there's always a good chance he blames himself at least to some degree. Even if you're better for him, it's not surprising that he's still preoccupied with her, so try not to take it personally.

If you care about him, try to be there for him, and maybe he'll start to move on. If you reach the point where you feel he just won't, then don't be ashamed to break up, you cared about him and you did your best. If he can't eventually learn to focus on the living person in front of him, there isn't anything you can do.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.