[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo so I have attended college for a year and absolutely fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: finger hot pepper.jpg (42KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
finger hot pepper.jpg
42KB, 700x467px
Yo so I have attended college for a year and absolutely fucking hate it. The longer I'm there the more intense this feeling of disgust gets. I'd rather learn a trade than waste 4-6 doing jack shit.

My only concern is choosing a trade that would fit for me, and the pros and cons of one trade vs another. Anyone can help me out in this regard?
>>
Welding
>>
>>16450834
okay.. can you describe what is required for welding? lifting excess of 50lbs? math?
>>
>>16450853
A steady hand and an ability to follow the rules.
>>
>>16450872
That can't be it sir. Detail me
>>
>>16450880
You go to trade school for welding, they teach you how to do it without injuring yourself.
>>
>>16450880
Um, it is? You point fire at things in accordance to how the rules say to do so, from what to wear to what should weld to what. If you can remember and follow rules and have a steady hand, you good for welding.

Welding is far from the only trade like this. I repair specialty equipment, once you know the steps/rules its just following the steps to a tee. Being an electrician is the one where you need to be good/decent at mathing.
>>
>>16450887
>>16450888
Two anons agree. The other thing about welding is you can worK a variety of types of places; manufacturing, construction, automotive, all over the world.
>>
>>16450896
Alright then. Is there any shit like climbing through vents or ducts or other environmental things like that?
>>
sorry op,on an related note how do you get into trade schools and what not.
>>
One of the QMED's (Qualified Member/Engine Department) on my boat is a welder in his off time.
For younger guys looking for a trade, I'll very heartily recommend working on boats and ships. Most merchant mariners start working in my field at about age 30, as a second career. We are the guys who run tugboats, oilfield service boats and ships of all sorts. It pays VERY well- schedules range from 14 days on/14 off on tugboats to 120 on/75 off on some ships, and everywhere in between. I started out painting and cleaning in the boiler room of an old tanker. I'm a captain now. I'm sitting at anchor in NY harbor as I write.
>>
>>16451101
What kind of work is it? I've got zero experience or knowledge of ships.
>>
File: 2012-12-14_11-15-27_581.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
2012-12-14_11-15-27_581.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>16451136
Everyone starts out useless. You start off cleaning, chipping rust, cooking, painting and doing maintenance tasks. Along the way you learn the job of the guy above you, study in your off time when you want to advance, and take classes and exams for each job beyond entry-level. How high you rise is based on your motivation and work ethic.
Pic related.
>>
>>16451165
Sounds nice. Maybe I'll give it a shot if what I'm doing now doesn't pan out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.