[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any guys with thinning hair around? What are you doing to help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (42KB, 493x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 493x335px
Any guys with thinning hair around?

What are you doing to help maintain it?
Are you taking any medications like minoxidil or finasteride?
Have you tried using a volumizing shampoo? Did it help?

Help a balding brother out!
>>
I won't I'll shave it all off when it gets bad enough.
>>
>>16445477
cut it short
make the rest of your body look better
dont be a bitch about it
>>
My hair is thinning and would like suggestions as well

For starters though I switched from Head and Shoulders to a nicer shampoo, although I forget the name right now :\
>>
>>16445493

Look for a shampoo with Tea Tree Oil in it. Despite the name there's no oil, but it's super minty and supposedly great for your hair.
>>
>>16445477

I'm thinning. May or may not shave it all off if it gets worse.

Tried rogaine, turns out it gave me a rash, so that's out for me. Doctor told me about Finasteride, but he also told me that there are side effects that I may not want since Finasteride is the same drug that Male To Female trans guys use to lower their testosterone and all that kind of stuff. Look up the side effects and see if it's really that worth it to you.

I've got a gf that very much enjoys our "play" time, so if taking that drug lowers it, it's not worth it to me.

She's been with me for years and hasn't had any problems with it. She tells me not to be ashamed of it since she felt ashamed for having a small chest.

I use the Tea Tree Oil stuff. It feels nice. Dont' know if it actually does anything for your hair growing back since I haven't noticed it.

Order some 10,000mg Biotin pills. I take them daily and I noticed a lot less hair falls off from my head after a few weeks of taking it. Also my nails aren't as brittle.

I know that I have potential to probably rewgrow some of my hairline since I see really small black hairs where my original hairline used to be, but they seem to never fully grow out. Thinking of finding out about the Rogaine alternatives as it may just need a jump start. But fucking hell, it REALLY REALLY dries out your scalp and leaves an oily residue on your head at the same time, so it's very obvious you are using something on your scalp, and anyone would know what that is if you have a thinning hairline.
>>
>>16445477
Honestly there was not much I could do. Hair started falling out in middle school and by the time I graduated high school, the majority of it was practically gone. I would rock the bald head look, but I just don't have the right head proportions for it. Go to your dermatologist and ask them to take a look at it. It might not be too late for you
>>
>>16445477
I'm 19 and in the same boat. I'm just keeping it while it looks descent and then buzz it short when it gets much worse.

According to many of the reviews I've read, rogaine is just a short term fix and for the money, I just couldn't be bothered. I tried finasteride a few months ago and had to stop almost immediately because it made me lightheaded and forgetful. There are lots of stories of men trying this drug and having painful and even irreversible sexual side effects. My side effects came to me despite taking very low doeses, so I don't doubt that at least some of these stories are true.

Your best option is to learn to deal with it and try to look for the positives in it. Ever since I noticed I was thinning/receding I've had an easier time making friends and connecting to people as I'm no longer as much of a vain asshole as I used to be.
>>
What camera and lighting did you use for that photo?
>>
Go to a dermatologist.
I did that,My hair didn't grow back but at least I'm not balding anymore and it stopped it in time.
>>
Baldfag here, let me give you some advice.

My father is a cueball, and my uncles and cousins range from cueball to horseshoe so I knew at a real young age that I was going to suffer the same fate. I started balding at 16.

The best advise I can give is that the sooner you accept it is happening the sooner you can start making the best of a less than ideal situation. Hair loss remedies are a money hole and they are still not good enough to actually solve the problem. While you are young and still have relatively little thinning keep your hair short. As you age and it gets worse grab some clippers and embrace the buzz. If you are worried people will mock you then grow a beard and get jacked, this will help your confidence as well as make you more intimidating. Think biker, its a good classic look that works for most guys. It will take some work to get in shape if you aren't already, but you are already at a disadvantage and if you don't do anything to offset your baldness you will only feel worse in the long run. In my experience baldness is worse when you are young but as you age it can actually become a pretty attractive look. People always underestimate how many women like guys who look a bit grizzled, some ladies really like the aged look and think older looking men are sexy. I am married to a very cute woman who loved my bald head, and baldness has never stopped me from getting laid.

TLDR: Embrace it, make up for it in other ways, try to get confident, and fuck haters. If you try then chicks will still want your dick.
>>
OP here

Confidence ain't the problem, I'll just deal with it as it comes. Just wanted to see what others were doing and if it was working; simply looking for a tuneup for my head. If something's breaking down you gotta try and fix it, right?

Thanks for the posts so far, keep them coming. Bet there's a lot of dudes here in similar situations.
>>
Same OP. Noticed a penninusla growing in my temples about a year back. It's only gotten worse. Not sure what to do. Luckily it's just the temples (though front is weird). I have really long hair, but I'm considering the q-ball route. Probably just a symptom of aging, still sucks tho.
>>
options exist to fight it.
The easiest is shaving it. Not everybody looks good shaved though.

Minoxidil (Rogaine), Finasteride, and Keto shampoo (Nizoral) are the "Big 3" for fighting hair loss.

Basically, Bioscience edition:
Minox helps it grow, Fin slows hairloss, and Keto is mostly there to soothe the scalp, which can get itchy and inflamed if you're balding.

If you use them most people see holding their hairline where it is and some regrowth. Success stories say their biggest mistake was not starting sooner because they kept putting it off for one reason or another.

Note that it's a "fight" and not a cure for a reason, if you stop the growth stops and you're back where you started.
Some people have side effects to Fin, mostly some people have lowered sex drive and in the worst chance cases they can't even get it up.
It's widely overblown on the internet, but the chance is there sadly the only way to tell if it works for you is to take the plunge.

Reddit has /r/tressless, but there's also some very popular forums that discuss this

Cosmetic options exist too.
Hair systems are amazing these days if you get a good one. adhesive doesn't fall off until you peel it off to shower, and they look legitimately natural. Even stylable.
There's hair fiber powders that cling to your wispy hairs and make them look thick again.
>>
>>16445484
This. Ive seen plenty of confident bald men fuck anything they want. As long as you make up for it in awesome traits. hair only means anything to shallow ass whores.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.