[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is California all that it's propped up to be? Thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: yallgondie.jpg (1MB, 2289x1527px) Image search: [Google]
yallgondie.jpg
1MB, 2289x1527px
Is California all that it's propped up to be? Thinking about ditching my shitty life here on the East Coast for living out on the West Coast in a few months. Once I have some decent cash. which by then I should have about $6,000 and change.
>>
Without a job lined up it will suck and make you a twisted version of yourself.
>>
>>16440698
Only if you're a liberal, and don't like the 2nd amendment
>>
>>16440698
Propped up to be what?

Born, raised, and current "Angeleno" here.
>>
>>16440713
I think It's popularized in a lot of media as this super awesome place to be. Not just L.A., but the state in general.

I'd like to live somewhere it's warm. And Florida is shit. New England gets brutal fucking winters and I'm sick of the cold weather.
>>
>>16440713
Another California native. Born, and raised LA County. Spent a few years traveling the country and the world. I'm back here and living about ten miles from the same home in which I grew up (and where my mother still lives).

I'm also curious as to what you think California is supposed to be like.
>>
>>16440709
Die in a fire
>>
Just don't move north afterwards.
>>
File: 1446618035750.png (45KB, 152x276px) Image search: [Google]
1446618035750.png
45KB, 152x276px
>>16440730
Ah blur blur blur

Seriously aside from maybe New York what state is so arrogant as to refuse to recognize any carry permit from any other state?
>>
>>16440724
Well you'll definitely get warm weather in LA. It's pretty much just dry heat most of the time, and then maybe in the 70s for three months in the winter. It doesn't rain, ever.

Los Angeles has stuff to do like any city, but it's definitely not glamorous or super fun like it's made out to be.

It's okay. I'm thankful for my experiences growing up here, but I sure as hell don't want to live here. I'm not a city person.
>>
>>16440730
No chance, I will shoot my way out
>>
>>16440740
I'd also like to add that california fags seem to just be a lot happier on average. The people over here are miserable, myself included. I don't feel like I have any reason to be over here. I really don't. Other than my few friends that play music with, I haven't got a family.I just work, eat, and sleep. I'd like to start over somewhere nice. Meet new people, get a different perspective on life, date a person with some substance whose seen the world. I don't feel at home here. I'm bored as fuck all the time.

I live in a shit suburban New England town and it's killing me.
>>
>>16440751
Hmm I guess people here seem to be pretty happy. I don't know if I can make any objective claims though.
>>
>>16440740
El Nino is coming, bruh.

>>16440751
How many Californians do you have regular contact with? It sounds like you are really just a miserable person whose misery is intrinsic. Instead of facing your real problem, you try to blame it on your environment. So if that's the case, you'd fit right in here with the people in California, but you'll still be miserable.
>>
>>16440713
>Angeleno
puked in mouth a little
I've lived in every part of California, depending on what you want from it, it's kinda there, but it's more like 6 different states than one.
Northwest, Northeast, Bay Area, LA area, Central and South.
>>
>>16440760
>El Nino is coming, bruh.

I fucking hope so.
>>
>>16440764
It really is a terrible demonym.
>>
>>16440767
Too bad dumbass Jerry Brown is spending money on that stupid train instead of building reservoirs.
>>
The only people who hate California are the ones who haven't visited it.
>>
>>16440779
I like my friends and a handful of places to eat here. Other than that, the state can fall off into the ocean I wouldn't care.

I hope San Francisco goes first.
>>
>>16440779
Mm nah I can understand why people some people hate California. The natural part of California is gorgeous though. 10/10 would recommend you come visit the state purely for that.
>>
>>16440783
I think you mean LA friend,
it's literally bankrupting our state because it was built in a fucking desert/swamp.
>>
>>16440786
>this
The Sierra Nevadas is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
>>
Some fools think that there is a difference between the people from California compared to people from any other state.
>>
>>16440790
Why would you care about a city bankrupting the state if the whole state is going to fall into the ocean anyway?

Typical idiot San Francisco thinking. I bet you run red lights on your bicycle and think cars should have to kowtow to you, too.
>>
>>16440779
This is what we call 'Stockholm Syndrome'. It has confused this anon into believing that the burnt-out, financially and morally bankrupt, overcrowded, excessively expensive, police state seat of corporate and media power the Peoples Republic of California is a nice place to live.

I don't give two fucks how it looks, it's the people that's the problem. Nuke it from orbit and re-settle when it's safe, only real option. You made your own damn bed, now lie in it.
>>
Bay Area reporting in. For some reason, more and more people have been moving here the past year or so. It's getting absurdly crowded in my city now. Weather's great (it's was about 75 degrees today) but that's it. Everything else sucks.

>$6,000
Lol. Stay out of California, friend. This will last you like 6-8 months tops if you live in the shitty areas and live like a monk.
>>
>>16440804
I think there are noticeable differences between people who live in different areas of the US. Every state has a unique culture, some states have several, some blend into each other. I think it's really cool and interesting. California is so big that it really depends on where you are.
>>
>>16440806
That is going to happen in a million years and it's happening to LA first.
I don't even live in SF, but I can tell by your hatred of it you are a fucking self-important SoCal faggot, enjoy paying triple prices for anything from the North.
>>
>>16440813
I'm not looking to live solely on that. I am only using that to find a place to get settled in. Finding work would be my first priority.
>>
>>16440810
When you are lying on your deathbed with tubes coming out of you, California will still be there.
>>
>>16440822
Jobs are still hard to come by. You could probably get an entry position at one of Google's campuses easy enough. You'll make $14 an hour starting and have zero benefits, but it's a foot in the door. Do you have any degrees or anything?
>>
>>16440822
Try to line up some job interviews first. If you can't, there is no chance of the situation being better once you get there.
>>
>>16440820
you should know about the "big one" thats coming in the next 30 years
>>
>>16440831
The big one isn't going to shove everything into the water, take a physics class you fuck.
>>
>>16440804
Yeah man. The typical guy from Silicon Valley is exactly the same as a cowboy from Montana.
>>
>>16440825
At the bottom of the ocean where it sank 30 years prior.

And I'll laugh from my deathbed in the Second Republic of Texas.
>>
>>16440804
There is. I'm from Austin. I should fucking know.

STAY IN YOUR DAMN HELLHOLE.
>>
File: 1434981598-brokeback-mountain.png (1016KB, 1277x717px) Image search: [Google]
1434981598-brokeback-mountain.png
1016KB, 1277x717px
>>16440834
Yep, on average.
>>
>>16440829
>entry position
despite stupid buzzfeed articles those jobs are actually hard as fuck to get, and most people that have them live in Richmond.
>>
>>16440836
Oh, I live in Chicago.
>>
>>16440698
$6k can get you 2 months rent, 3 if you are lucky.
>>
>>16440820
>I don't even live in SF
Oh, shit. I guess Milbrae and Daly City are technically not San Francisco, but really, they are San Francisco. And San Francisco sucks balls.

>self-important
>faggot
Projecting much, San Francisco?
>>
>>16440833
it can displace it into water, yes, not the whole state of course
>>
>>16440836
Austin is liberal, and the liberal mindset is winning throughout the US.
>>
>>16440835
Pathetic
>>
>>16440847
not that guy but so?
>>
>>16440856
The only reason to move somewhere is the amenities, not the people.
>>
>>16440847
That has nothing to do with californians being fuckasses ruining my goddamn city.
>>
>>16440851
Not as pathetic as Cali's economy
>>
I'd like to move to the Bay Area as well. I'm from New England as well OP.

I visited SF not too long ago and have family there. I really liked the coastal areas the most like Half Moon Bay and wouldn't mind living in one of those towns. Not a big city fan and would rather commute there instead of living there.

I have a BS in computer science and have tech job experience so I'd like to shoot for a job like that over there.

New England really is miserable though. Can't blame you for wanting to leave.
>>
I live in the Silicon Valley and it's absolute shit. You have to make six figures to be considered middle class here.

It's super fucking liberal, even though half the lib-tard techies are creating the largest wealth gentrification ever recorded in human history. You literally can't say anything without everyone dissecting every word that comes from your mouth for social injustice.

The only good thing here is the weather and hot chicks. People are shit, economy is shit, and the only reason people want to be here is because everyone wants to be here.
>>
>>16441210
A lot of the tech people sound like absolute dogshit. What about non-techs though? And what about living outside the city? Is it more affordable?
>>
>>16440698
Get your shit together before you move out here otherwise your in for a bad time.
Make sure you've got job opportunities, living situation (rent), and a goal to strive for no matter how small.

If you really want to move out here have more than enough money as shit is expensive in most areas.
>>
Is it me or does everyone who hates being in the northeast feel like California is the magical answer to all their problems?

I live in the glorious northwest so it's not all that relevant to me but I've noticed that's a common trend.
>>
Hey OP.

I live in SF. Average liveable rent is 4-5k a month. I personally shell out around a grand or so on stuff like food and all the other various living expenses, but that doesn't include recreation.
>>
>>16440698
>living on the coast close to north SD county

I would recommend you move to Nevada/Arizona to get started since it's just a short train/bus/car or even plane ride to California, rent is a lot cheaper.. taxes lower.. only downside is the extreme heat and if thats a problem then move to Oregon or north nevada.

Rent for a 1 Br apartment in California - 1300-1600/monthly

Rent for a 1 Br apartment in NV/AZ/OR-
500-800/monthly

CA is too crowded, don't come out here unless you have 15000 + in savings and a job lined up.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.