[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since Kenshin was revived, I thought maybe we could talk about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: buso-renkin.jpg (187KB, 1200x667px) Image search: [Google]
buso-renkin.jpg
187KB, 1200x667px
Since Kenshin was revived, I thought maybe we could talk about his other works, specifically Buso Renkin because it's the only one that seemed to last any real amount of time.

I don't remember BR being bad or having any reason to stop watchin, but honestly I can't remember too many details about the show itself. I once heard that the manga played with cliches/tropes found in shonen works but I didn't see it at the time.
>>
/a/ enjoyed it, but like most things /a/ enjoys, we don't talk about it.

It's fun.
>>
The OP is one of the hypest things ever.
>>
this show was pretty mediocre. butterfly bro was great though.
>>
File: 1446982974797.jpg (165KB, 800x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1446982974797.jpg
165KB, 800x1260px
>>161939799

>I once heard that the manga played with cliches/tropes found in shonen works but I didn't see it at the time.

How could you not see it?
>>
>>161939912
The OP I think it just shots from the show and is utterly generic, but the song used for the OP is fucking amazing since they got Basara to sing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkbwnSmKeVw

>>161939958
Admittedly I didn't read the manga, only saw the anime, and I can't remember if the anime did that.
>>
>>161939983

It didn't. To be fair, the anime was super budget. Still, it was enjoyable if you don't expect UBW quality.
>>
>>161940015
>the anime was super budget.
Odd considering it was a xebec show and xebec is generally known for delivering good budgets for their shows.
>>
>>161940074
It was pre-To Love-Ru Xebec.
>>
>>161940155
I was thinking more of Fafner, but then Fafner s1 did not look that great either.
>>
>>161939799
this series was honestly a lot of fun I really enjoyed it
>>
Busou Renkin was great.
Nice blend of action and humor, cute romance, cool villains and fun character designs, short plot with an interesting twist, and it ends on the fucking moon holy shit.

Also MAKKA NA CHIKAI
>>
>>161939799
mc actually confessed his love and wasn't a bitch about it, shocking
>>
It was an "ok" show that had the best girl of all years.
>>
>>161939799

BR was ok if a little generic... specially since Kenshin is literally one of the best mangas out there even today.
>>
https://exhentai.org/g/43039/f7c740a971/

It has a totally not but it should be canon doujinshi.
>>
The thing that will always stick with me is when the second episode (or was it a post-credit scene?) opened with them in the library going through a dictionary, because she had to prove to him "alchemy" was a real word.
>>
>>161939799
>I once heard that the manga played with cliches/tropes found in shonen works but I didn't see it at the time.
The main character gets stronger when his friends are there to support him. Then later it turns out that they weren't actually friendship powerups, his ability just passively drains energy from anyone who happens to be in the area so he got more power when there were more people around.
>>
>>161939799
I liked it
>>
>>161939799
I loved it, if there were a continuation of any kind I'd just want to see Kazuki and Tokiko doing stupidly adorable love shit with Chouno being Chouno on the side.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.