[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does any one know what the most expensive anime made was. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: wawa.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
wawa.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Does any one know what the most expensive anime made was. When I watch the credits to this show, practically every studio, graphics company, recording company, and producers did some work on it. Hellsing Ultimate is the only other show I know of similar.
>>
TTGL can't possibly hold this record, the quality suffers massively only a few episodes in during the time they ran out of money and people still like to pretend it was an artistic choice and not one necessitated by lack of funds.
>>
>>161912903
>the quality suffers massively only a few episodes in
You watched a shitty copy then. I have the DVDs and they are excellent...except for those last 2 episodes on disc one that skip and stutter, but that's Aniplexe's fault.
>>
>>161912945
quality means artistic quality went down not the video quality dumbass
>>
>>161912859

Code Geass maybe? It was a massive production with a very large OST, very detailed character designs that were stuck to, lots of animation and movement, impressive cuts where the background is drawn and moving in 3D, big name voice actors, probably a lot of work was put into writing which was probably worked on by a large team, etc. It's also 50 episodes, and the last 2 episodes of season 1 in particular were very high budget, since they took 4 months to make.
>>
>>161912959
It didn't. You watched a shitty copy.
>>
>>161912903
>suffers massively only a few episodes in
Someone just allowed his friend to make an episode and it turned out shitty. If what you're trying to say was true, the drop in quality would have affected more than a single episode.
>>
>>161912968
I thought of that show, but didn't think it came close. It was lengthy though, and super hyped. If it cost more to make, I think that was more because of the number of episodes.
>>
SEVEN YEARS
HAND DRAWN
>>
>>161912903
Episode 4 had people fired, it was a mistake.
>>
>>161913076
this guy gets it
>>
>>161913076
Yeah but it took 7 years because they didn't work on it every week. Or month.
>>
>>161912859
TTGL uses humanoid-behaving robots which has been known as a cost-saving measure since ad memoriam.

It's gotta be expensive because it's Gainax but definitely not the most expensive thing out there.
>>
>>161912859
In terms of series, probably something from ufotable. In terms of movies, probably the Rebuild of Eva movies, because for every dollar spent on the film they could make back ten times that in merch sales.
>>
>>161913076
Redline was very well animated but that was mostly because of talent rather than money spent
>>
>>161912859
Anime, buy it's original nature is supposed to be cost effective.
>>
>>161912859
probably Ghost in the Shell: Innocence
>>
Honneamise or Akira.
>>
File: 1360661445322.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1360661445322.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>161912859
The obvious answer is Inferno Cop.
It almost sank the Japanese economy.
>>
I would have guessed that any production like Sailor Moon which a high episode count and movies being produced concurrently would have been massively expensive.

Oreimo was probably massively expensive too, the show itself lampoons this with Kirino's impossible demands to the producers of the adaptation of her novel.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.