[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thank you gentlemen for exposing me this incredible manga last

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Kokou No Hito.jpg (98KB, 1024x758px) Image search: [Google]
Kokou No Hito.jpg
98KB, 1024x758px
Thank you gentlemen for exposing me this incredible manga last night. I spent almost all of last night and today reading through it (basically ignoring work). The sense of freedom, the isolation, the satisfying feeling of accomplishment. It's all there and needs to be read by all.
>>
Glad it all worked out for you, anon. Now when are you gonna start climbing?
>>
>>161906951

First of all, I want to lose 10 lbs to get to my ideal weight, ~145. I'm about 153 lbs now. And I need to start pumping iron (have no upper body strength). I finally got back to my local boxing group, so hopefully I can be more consistent in actually going.

So the first plan of action, train the body. Then I'll have to figure out where I'd go to practice climbing later. I live in a small place with not much resources.
>>
>>161906756
I started this manga a long time ago and dropped it because I had stuff going on. I told myself that I would get back to it eventually, and here I am, years later, after my first week of indoor climbing.
While I was climbing up the wall, I remembered it and I think I'm going to marathon it soon. I'm isolated in a foreign country, grapling with my novel, so that should be a great read.

Thanks anon, for making this thread. Please have my diary desu
>>
I also picked this up because of that thread from last night. Sadly, it was already on my back burner list. I'm glad I was inspired to get to it sooner.
>>
Now watch The Beckoning Silence.
>>
>>161908281

Why?
>>
>>161906756
Finished it earlier today. I didn't like it. Maybe I need to re-read it in a week or two and just think on it slowly, but as it stands, I felt very little from this manga, especially after Hana was introduced.
>>
>>161908689
Shit taste desu.
>>
>>161906756
>subject in name field
>exposing me this incredible manga last night
Lurk for two years before posting.
>>
>>161908747
That's fair, but I can't really respect the opinion of anyone on 4chan who uses the acronym for "to be honest."
>>
I thoroughly enjoyed this manga and it inspired me to pick up rock climbing. That was like 2 or 3 years ago and I haven't stopped since. I love the outdoors now.
>>
>>161908689

Hmm...

I will admit they glossed over and sped through Hana's introduction to bring them together. But it didn't bother me. I'd imagine some people who look to him as a comrade in isolation and being an outcast to society might be disappointed that he acclimated back to having a normal life in a sense of having a family. But I can also see people being happy for him.

But if you didn't like it, you didn't like it. I'll just have to respect your opinion here.

>>161908747
You there, if you're not going to articulate on your thoughts, go away.
>>
>>161908689
What didn't you like about it?
>>
>>161906756
Glad to bring another reader into the fold. Easily my favorite manga, I may try to pick up a physical copy in the future. The ending is one of the most cathartic of any media I have ever consumed.
>>
>>161909235
>What didn't you like about it?
The succinct version of what I didn't like about it is what >>161909212 surmised. Basically, I projected my own biases onto Mori and let it influence my expectations for how the series should go. When it didn't go the way I imagined, I felt let down, in a sense, but more that I just didn't feel invested in the characters.

It's my own fault, really. From the very beginning the manga made it abundantly clear, even outright stated, that people cannot exist alone. The parts of the manga I enjoyed the most were when Mori was at his worst. The times I was the most emotionally invested were when Mori was getting shit on by the world, or when he felt completely out of place in society. I don't really know how best to explain it, but I just have so many mixed feelings about this manga. Mori Buntarou the Solo Climber, but yet I don't feel the isolation of being a solo climber while reading about it. We're told that he's climbed all these different peaks solo, but we don't experience it, we don't feel it. And I'll admit, we often get a sense of loneliness, but not being alone, i.e. he's surrounded by people but isolated emotionally, as opposed to physically and emotionally isolated. My thoughts are an absolute mess right now, so perhaps I do need more time to digest the series. It feels so odd to me, that someone like Mori ended up getting married and having a child. I get it, character growth and all that. In one sense, it feels like a case of "having your cake and eating it too" because he becomes a normalfag, but then retains his mountaineering, and it just feels off that, despite having a family, he pursues his dream of K2, which he shouldn't have returned from. Mori should have died on K2. In general, I didn't like any of the characters. They all felt extremely human at times, and it was disgusting. The lying, manipulating, abusing, all of it made the characters feel real, but I couldn't empathize with a single one of them. 1/2
>>
>>161909235
2/2
And perhaps none of the characters were meant to be empathized with, maybe they were just meant as backdrops for Mori's emotional isolation from the world around him. It's probably just a case of incurable shit taste on my part, because I stopped feeling the isolation after about Volume 12 or so. I didn't feel any of the freedom or accomplishment that the OP felt. Most of this manga felt like the exact opposite of being free or freedom. Just about every person in this manga was a slave to their respective spooks. I also didn't care for the whole "I'll return alive for muh family" that was part of the K2 arc. If he cared that much about his family, he should have just stopped climbing. If he didn't want to stop climbing, he should not have started a family.

At this point, I know I'm just rambling about personal expectations not being met/not bringing up objective critiques, so I'll stop here.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.