[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw all 70s anime is shit except for Gundam and Yamato

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 30

File: 1501820994218.png (369KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501820994218.png
369KB, 640x480px
>tfw all 70s anime is shit except for Gundam and Yamato (first series)
>>
Having taste this shit should be forbidden.
>>
File: IMG_6294.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6294.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>161842015

Grimm fairytale classics was extra confy
>>
>Versailles
>Conan
>Ie Naki Ko
>Takarajoma
>>
Uncomfortable opinions thread? Gundam and Yamato is entirely shit. In fact all robot anime is garbage. The only exception is Robotics;Notes.
>>
Still better than 80s meme.
>>
>>161842132
Yamato is complete garbage compared to its reinterpretation by Xebec. Anyone who has seen both shows more than once will inevitably reach that conclusion since the originals writing is absolutely horrendous.
>>
>>
I've watched and enjoyed
Lupin III (both series)
Aim for the Ace
Heidi
Yamato
Dog of Flanders
Marco
Remi
Ashita no Joe
Akage no Anne
Future Boy Conan
Rose of Versailles
Treasure Island
Galaxy Express 999
Gundam

For the most part they all beat your average seasonal show from today in terms of enjoyment for myself.
>>
Gundam has always been shit, not sure when the meme of thinking it was ever good started.
>>
File: myanimelist3.png (235KB, 609x2374px) Image search: [Google]
myanimelist3.png
235KB, 609x2374px
>>161842547
Nice meme but it is actually the best anime of all time and respected by the industry's greatest artists
>>
>>161842632
>Calls my shitty toy commercial out for what it is
>Better say he's memeing so I don't have to confront it
>>
>>161842632
And the stone wheel inspired modern tires. Doesnt mean that it can compete with modern products.
>>
>>161842698
No one said anything about influence. In 2017, Gundam is still the best anime and the most epic saga produced in the medium.
>>
>>161842015
Most old anime have a totally different narration compared to modern ones.
Everything was tailored up for TV, the main plot was just the setting for random adventures and the story progressed slowly until the "special" episode popped out.
Nowadays the only shows that keep that format are slice of life and harem shit.
>>
File: 1438829481728.gif (1002KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
1438829481728.gif
1002KB, 500x264px
>>161842015
>70s and 80s were meant to be a treasure trove of hidden gems
>most of the highly regarded stuff is average, with very few really good series
>almost everything is needlessly long, with way too much filler
I'm a little disappointed.
>>
>No one has posted the best 70s anime
>This board is so shit it thinks gundam is good and doesn't post the superior show
>>
>>161842740
End yourself
>>
File: 12 - bKFQvsb.jpg (24KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
12 - bKFQvsb.jpg
24KB, 625x626px
>>161842632
>eva
>1
>>
>>161842781
>Beautiful Dreamer a 1
We got baited anon
>>
>>161842756
>lul dude u r just casual if u cand watch 60+ eps of somethin
Really, though. Its the biggest problem. These people cant even acknowledge that the amount of time required to tell a story can have a significant impact on the enjoyment you gain from it and tehn say that "modern anime have less character story", which should be obvious since they are 13 instead of 100eps long (with at least 30 of those being filler).
>>
>No one has posted about Casshan
What shitters
>>
>>161842800
No it's one of the worst movies I have seen
>>
>>161842781
>falling for this image that gets posted in every single 70s/mech thread
Imagine being this new.
>>
>>161842856
He's not even trying, he just threw the fishing pole into the water
>>
>>161842856
You have no standards or taste. What would you consider a good movie if you don't like Beautiful Dreamer?
>>
>>161842882
The masterpieces Wings of Honneamise and Char's Counterattack
>>
>>161842859
This might honestly be the first 70's thread I've been in. No bully.
>>
>>161842901
>CCA
Ok now I know you're baiting
>>
>>161842901
Neckbeard shit.
Also masterpeices
>>
>tfw gatchaman has an amazing opening
>the show is monster of the week filler garbage for the entire run
>>
>>161843076
>monster of the week filler garbage
When people complain about MotW shows having filler, it makes me think they may be legitimately mentally handicapped. That's like complaining that Scooby Doo is trash because it doesn't have an overarching plot. It's an entirely different style of writing.
>>
>>161843161
I've seen good motw shows, gatchaman is not one of them
>>
>>161842015
Even as a guy who doesn't like mechanics or Dezaki I think there's a ton of great stuff in the 1970s. Look a bit harder.
>>
>>161842818
longer shows have an inherent advantage over shorter ones, but that's no excuse for short ones sucking ass
Yuasa and a few others can do a lot with 1 cour, but most of the anime industry sucks at writing
>>
>>161843244
Meant mecha but fuck mechanics as well.
>>
>>161843263
That's debatable, it seems more like an inherent disadvantage to me. Having to fill that many more episodes with interesting content.
>>
>>161843244
99% of 70s anime is shit with a few exceptions. However there are a lot of ideas and concepts that originated in this era that were expanded on much better later on
>>
>>161842519
>no Harlock
>>
>>161842015
Puberty.
It's everywhere in anime because teenagers hit that shit hard.
It's certainly not new.
>>
>>161842015
It was probably great for its time and all the old farts who watched it in their youth are nostalgic about them, but I found most old anime doesn't age very well.

For example, I found Harock physically painful to watch. The characters and their relationships were paper cutouts, the science fiction and mystery was trite, the moral conflict was forced, and the action was boring. The only epic aspect of it was its epic failure to live up to its hype.
>>
>>161843433
What did he mean by this
>>
>>161843340
>99% of 70s anime is shit with a few exceptions
Because you've seen all or even most shows from that decade. Any random long running 70s show is going to be more creative and entertaining than most of the seasonal 1-cour light novel commercials and cheaply produced manga adaptations we get nowadays. That's not even to mention Teoi's enormous library of gorgeous films from that decade.
>>
>>161843455
This tbqh. Lot of old anime recs are usually "I saw this as a kid and it was the greatest" when really it's jusy another shitty show to add to the pile
>>161843483
Go back to bed Tomino
>>
>>161843340
Such as? The best I can think of from the era were never really topped. Cagliostro, Animal Treasure Island, Heidi, Anne, Conan are still among the best of the best.
>>
>>161843483
>Teoi
Toei
>>
>>161843511
Then you haven't seen a lot of anime
>>
>>161843511
>Cagliostro
Stopped reading there. A completely out of touch damsel in distress story that is an insult to Lupin as a franchise. Miyazaki cocksuckers such as yourself need to get gassed.
>>
People have a good image of old anime because we only know about the ones that are remembered, the bad ones are all forgotten. Meanwhile every season we have to deal with tons of shitty anime along the good ones, wich makes you believe that anime used to be better, when in fact time and people simply made a best-of for us.
In 20 years people will fondly look back on the 2010s and say that it was the true golden age of anime, even though 2030's anime is going to be the shit.
>>161843483
They only look more creative by comparison. They had their tropes back then too.
>>161843263
Longer shows have a huge problem as well since you have to keep the story going for longer. Truth is, one cour is enough to tell a good story and develop characters, give two cour to the guy who can't even write one and you'll still have a bad anime. It's a problem with the writing ability of the writer, and the fact that most anime are adaptations (wich further limits what's possible to do).
>>
>>161843565
I agree but it's a bit dumb calling a 40 year old movie out of touch
>>
>>161843547
Damn you beat me

>>161843565
Funnily enough, it's Monkey Punch's favourite. Either way kill yourself
>>
>>161843646
Thank you anon for saying what I've been saying about how we only remember quality shows. Good to know some anime fans still can think
>>
>>161843547
I'm not that anon, but there's no possible way someone who's seen those titles hasn't watched at least a moderate amount of anime. You're trying too hard.
>>
>>161843690
My sweet summer child
>>
>>161843646
I hate this line of reasoning because even if you eliminate every bad anime ever, old anime still wins out in quality and quantity.
>>
>>161843721
>People who post shit like this are actually alive in the real world
Crazy
>>
>>161843713
>summer
Kill yourself.
>>
>>161843721
Make a list with every good anime from back then then, I'll hit you with mine for 2010's, even though the decade isn't even finished.
>>
>>161843650
The movie was out of touch by Lupin standards even back then. What makes it even worse is that Miyazaki directed part of the original series as well as Part 2 and still thought that this abomination was an appropriate representation of the characters.

>>161843669
And now well wait for the evidence you will inevitably provide to back up that claim.
>>
>>161843793
I seriously doubt you want to invite that comparison.
>>
>>161843841
>Cherrypick good 70s shows
>Contrast them against shitty modern shows
Anime dead????
>>
>Every modern shit anime fan
>>
>>161843888
You realise no one is like this right
>>
>>161843814
http://nishikataeiga.blogspot.ca/2011/04/monkey-punchs-top-20-animation-2003.html?m=1
>>
>>161843841
So you don't want to do it ? Heck I can't even select some shows that are often discussed because I didn't watch them. If old anime is so good, you can easily prove me overwise anon.
>>
>>161843793
I won't do that because anything you post I guarantee I won't agree with, and in the end I'll just be wasting time giving you recs.
>>
>>161843888
Sadpanda is pretty universal among anime fans now, unless you literally don't masturbate. Other than that, pretty much spot on.
>>
>>161843841
He probably doesnt because you seriously think that shows such as Akage no Anne or Heidi are even close to something like Kemono no Souja Erin, which they arent. Or that Conan is even close to shows such as Moribito or movies like Tekkon Kinkreet. The fact that you think that Cagliostro is the "best anything" already says enough. This isnt about naming shows that surpassed the ones you listed, its about you being able to acknowledge taht they did. And that wont ever happen so he might as well save his time.
>>
>>161843951
>This post
Holy shit, deflection doesn't even begin to cover it
>>
>>161843951
So you agree that it's only your bias and that you are full of shit. Im glad we cleared that up.
>>
File: 由貴-名探偵ホームズ.jpg (203KB, 523x765px) Image search: [Google]
由貴-名探偵ホームズ.jpg
203KB, 523x765px
>>161843814
What do you dislike about Miyazaki's Lupin? What jacket color is your favorite?

I would dare say the majority of people are green due to Miyazaki. The animation alone of the episodes he directed in Sherlock Hound is much better than the rest.
>>
>>161844009
Call it what you want but I'm confident that I've seen everything good this side of 2010, we'd both be wasting our breath
>>
>>161844079
Sure, i'll completely believe you without proof.
>>
>He think old anime is better
Literally the same shit
https://youtu.be/2iJhFroA-eo
>>
>>161844028
>What do you dislike about Miyazaki's Lupin?
I didnt say that I did, I said that the movie is an insult to the franchise, which is even more hilarious since his tv episodes arent like that.

>>161843916
>a blog
>that bases its list on another blog post by the same blogger
Be that as it may, these lists are composed based on animation quality and how much they inspired people. No shit Cagliostro looked better tahn any of the tv episodes or the other movies, that wasnt even up to debate.
>>
>>161842161
Except the original actually had a fucking point to it which the remake just went "lolnah, lets ignore any poignancy in exchange for some anime tits"

Yamato may have been episodic as fuck, but at least it had 3 decently done characters and a real point to it's story.
>>
>>161844208
We need a term for fags like you that think everything old is better but really you're just a dumbass
>>
>>161844164
Monkey Punch's list was published alongside the Laputa master list, and the only criterion was to choose the "20 best animations of all time."
>>
>>161844208
You are such a stupid idiot it's funny. You have no idea what constitutes a "point".
>>
>>161844208
>decently done characters
Am I supposed to start laughing? The original Yamato? Decently written characters? High ranking officiers having brawls infront of underlings is decent writing? Do you really need me to paste the notes I took the last time I watched that piece of shit show?
>>
>>161844099
If that guy won't do it I will. Hang out thouhg, it's going to take me a minute.
>>
>>161842015
Ultraman Jonias wants a word with you.
>>
>>161844276
I'll be fairly liberal in my selection, not to bump up the number but because of people different tastes, etc. Telling you that so you can do the same thing.
>>
>>161844311
>Ultraman
Toku is an embarrassment
>>
>>161844099
I'd do the list off with you if there were a reasonable chance in hell that one of us would at some point give in, but you and I know it's just gonna be a pissing contest where I think your list is full of shit anime, and you the same of mine. Seriously I don't see how it's worthwhile
>>
>>161844265
Go for it.

And yes, Kodai and Okita were well done. Granted that's about it, maybe Sanada.

>>161844261
"holy fuck, we just did exactly what they were doing to us to them, are we really any better now?" > literally nothing.
>>
>>161844164
Do you even dislike the clocktower scene?
>>
>>161844369
>2 characters were well done in a show 4 decades old
>The infinitely better remake is shit because?????
>>
>>161844369
>Kodai [...] were well done.
You have some mental disability

-the introduction is not as pinpointed or well executed, WW2 shots dont add anything of substance, introduces less characters and develops the plot less in more time, it doesnt feel slow or dragging, but the remake didnt feel rushed despite signifncantly more content being addressed, so the remake is preferable -daisukes phone call is handled better in 2199 and actually shows the emotional suffering that him and his family are going through -kodais character is significantly less mature and quite frankly unfit for the position he holds, the whole flashback sequence in e13 is supposed to give the viewer a reason to understand why kodai is physically threatening a hostage that poses no danger, but it ultimately does nothing but show how naive and immature he really is, in 2199 he actually uses diplomatic measures which is whats to be expected from a man in his position -cutting the interogation to like 20 seconds and removing the establishment of a relationship between the characters is a pretty piss poor decision to make -leading officers having a brawl infront of the grunts is out of place -a ship that has what is basically an unlimited supply of materials to repair itself only stocked food for a limited amount when the entire journey isnt supposed to take more than a year, makes no sense whatsoever (it could be that I missed this but i definitely not remember them having food shortage in 2199)
-kodai explored space anomaly but doesnt make sure to collect any meaningful data, absolutely retarded and misplaced brawl afterwards -people complain about fanservice in 2199 but the original has yuki pantishots in e2/16/.. (only reason this isnt treated equally is because the art isnt good enough to be sexually arousing)
>>
>>161843888
>butthurt eva-fag.png
>>
>>161844369
>>161844416
-shoehorned romance between analyzer/yuki feels out of place while analyzers characterisation in 2199 is handled on a more philosophical level (the focus is more on him questioning his existence, i mean he also does that while stuck in the prison but the whole Alter plotline takes it to a different level) -infiltrating structure and decide to have a flashback in the middle of it, let down your guard in the process and almost get killed by patrol bot, couldnt possibly have waited for a better opportunity (sanada/kodai), meanwhile in 2199 the backstory is being narrated to the viewer not the cast members (original version makes a bit more sense in regards to developing kodais and sanadas relationship, but 2199 just handles it more coherent) -people go "space crazy" (homesick) and jump out into open space, makes so much less sense than the mutineering arc -while it doesnt make any sense for the garmilians to send as few battleships as they do, the originals overall battle direction makes more sense than 2199s, the yamato either runs or engages in more or less realstic battles against a few carriers instead of the 1v100 battles your have in the remake -the architecture of garmilas makes no goddamn sense, you sit between a bunch of toxic ponds and vulcanos instead of just living on the green patches on the outer shell, this ultimately leads to the final battle being absolutely atrocious since the city simply gets destroyed due to rubble -the fact that the crew of the yamato is actually more willing to kill what are essentially civilians to reach their goal is a nice touch and shows that they arent simply "the good guys", although it should be stated that the overall direction didnt really force them to do so in 2199, the original actually takes a slightly more mature approach here and acknowledges that sacrifices are required -fact that mamoru is still alive is a complete blunder in my opinion
>>
>>161844369
>>161844416
>>161844431
-pacing just completely breaks apart towards the end, both yukis rescue and resurrection arc are (too shoehorned, out of place (for the rescue arc) and) resolved way too quickly for the viewer to even grasp the gravity of the situation, same can be said the really abrupt ending that is even worse than in 2199 -yukis entire resurrection makes little sense in the original, in 2199 you can at least somehow explain it ("resurrection device" that is powered on "souls" uses mamorus soul to instead of "resurrecting" earth, resurrect a person and the used soul is replaced by akitas, the original deosnt make this even remotely clear although it can be assumed that its a similar concept) -the garmilas are a sidekick in the original and hardly involved in the world building, at least not to the extend they are in 2199 -dessler as a character is handled more like a psychopath than an charismatic leader, his actions significantly better written in the remake and more those of a grandeur leader who has big visions, rather than some small minded dictator
>>
>>161844233
There's a reason that 2202 has been going "how about fuck all those new characters" because they were literally nothing but extraneous otakubait.
>>
>>161844457
Back to your containment thread
>>
>not one mention of the super robot romance trilogy
You guys are faggots.
>>
>>161844515
What series is that anon
>>
>>161844525
Combattler V
Voltes V
Daimos
>>
File: 1463212519298.png (557KB, 624x478px) Image search: [Google]
1463212519298.png
557KB, 624x478px
Am I weird if I like old and new anime?
>>
>>161844457
Or maybe it simply is because the second season actually has a fairly different cast it focuses on, like it did in the original. But you know, whatever. Holy hell.
>>
>>161844265
>taking notes while watching anime
wow, link me to your blog please senpai-kun
>>
>>161843965
I want to say it has sad panda in it because ironic weebs can't get past the panda.
>>
>>161844579
No, everyone does, you're only weird if you like shit anime or you try to maintain an "anime is improving" narrative
>>
>>161844579
No you're a regular guy, but one that likes to explore the medium. Anyone worth talking to about anime with will watch old and new
>>
>>161844586
Why would I rewatch this piece of shit show if I wouldnt take notes in the process? The original Yamato is absoluvely atrocious compared to the remake. The only thing that saves it is the fact that it was the first of its kinda. Outside of that its just straight up horrible by modern standards. I wouldnt forced myself through this shit a second time if I didnt at least take notes.
>>
>>161844646
>anime is improving
It is faggot and no amount of buzzwords will change that
>>
>>161844579
No, that's how it's supposed to be. I like both, Im just tired of people shitting on current anime as if they were worse.
>>
>>161844674
No it isn't
>>
>>161844416
>WW2 shots dont add anything of substance

Holy fuck you are retarded within the first line, do you not even understand Yamato's position within Japanese pop culture? the WW2 shots were immensely important. They called back to the warrior spirit and the war that was still in the public memory, hell it was so successful that schools were calling for the show to be pulled because of it's militarism. And hell they're handled amazingly respectfully all things considered, the Americans aren't shown in any negative light.

and
>introduces less characters and develops the plot less in more time, it doesnt feel slow or dragging, but the remake didnt feel rushed despite signifncantly more content being addressed

no shit that a show where you can't miss too much if you miss an episode as such it has to be very episodically contained covers less ground. The question is if that ground is worth covering? and no it isn't, the additions did nothing but hurt the show in the later half and every single character they added was boring, (but at least we get to meme they turned a pig into a cute girl). To the point that the battle of the rainbow nebula, considered by the anno and the original director to be the most important thing to get right. Was butchered completely to facilitate these new plot-lines.

On a purely animation level 2199 was a treat, yes. And had they actually done the rainbow nebula and gamilas properly it would have been fantastic. But Leiji Matsumoto is a naval enthusiast and it shows, unlike the people that did 2199.
>>
>>161844654
>why would I rewatch an anime if I wouldn't take notes in the process
wow, link me to your youtube please senpai-kun
>>
>>161844743
It is anon, this meme of calling everything shit got old real fast
>>
File: 1500836101932.jpg (308KB, 1872x1090px) Image search: [Google]
1500836101932.jpg
308KB, 1872x1090px
Why does anime look like shit now?
>>
>>161844775
>You
>>
>>161844752
Oh and I'd address the rest but, honestly it's fucking gibberish, worse than what I'd expect from a first year literary analysis and you clearly have no concept what Dessler was trying to represent (hint, it defined Japanese politics for about 20 years starting in the late 20s)
>>
>>161844773
Did I call it shit? There are good new anime, but there aren't any which can compare to the classics, industry conditions are inarguably worse and there's a void of talent and creativity. Some of my favourites are new, but they're anomalies.
>>
>>161844820
>Le "" "" warrior spirit """ was in the show therefore it isn't shit
>>161844838
Here's your you, a solid shitpost but too shit to think it's legit
>>
>>161844752
>he believes real life historical parallels have a strict bearing on a show's quality
You are as dumb as they come.
>>
>Short Films (could have been much longer, but didn't want to be accused of padding with short titles):
Mochi Mochi no Ki
Keseichuu no Ichiya
Kenju Giga
Match Uri no Shoujo
Osamishi Tani no Wakare Uta
Head Spoon
Comics
Coffee Break

>Movies:
Cleopatra
Kanashimi no Belladonna
Doubutsu Takarajima
Panda Kopanda
Cagliostro no Shiro
Lupin III: Lupin vs. Fukusei-ningen
Ace wo Nerae!
Tatsu no Ko Taro
Uchuu Senkan Yamato
Grendizer: Getter Robo G - Great Mazinger Kessen! Daikaijuu
UFO Robo Grendizer tai Great Mazinger
Great Mazinger tai Getter Robo G: Kuuchuu Daigekitotsu
Great Mazinger tai Getter Robo
Mazinger Z tai Ankoku Daishougun
Mazinger Z tai Devilman
Kore ga UFO da! Soratobu Enban
The Little Mermaid
Uchu Enban Daisenso
Ginga Tetsudou 999

TV:
Ashita no Joe
Fushigi na Melmo
Lupin III
Devilman
Mazinger Z
Ace wo Nerae
Cutey Honey
Alps no Shoujo Heidi
Getter Robo
Great Mazinger
Yamato
Getter Robo G
Grendizer
Daitarn 3
Haha wo Tazunete Sanzenri
Daimos
Raideen
Combattler
Voltes
Ie Naki Ko
Lupin Part II
Zambot 3
Harlock
Daimos
Mirai Shounen Conan
Ginga Tetsudou 999
Yamato 2
Akage no Anne
Mobile Suit Gundam
Hana no ko Lunlun
Versailles no Bara
Flanders no Inu
Ie Naki Ko
Gatchaman
Majokko Megu-chan
>>
>>161844752
>>Holy fuck you are retarded within the first line, do you not even understand Yamato's position within Japanese pop culture?
And yet, they dont add anything of substance that is relevant to the plot or the story. Therefore they are essentially a waste of time, no matter what you think. The design of the ship already gives its origination away.

>every single character they added was boring
>boring
Strong foundation

>And had they actually done the rainbow nebula and gamilas
Absolutely laughable to even claim that the battle of gamilas was done properly. Again, your entire chain of arguments is based on personal bias in regards to "this was inspired by", which has literally nothing to do with the quality of something.

>>161844820
You still dont seem to understand that it doesnt matter what something represents. Kodais retarded character archetype also was incredibly common back in the days, that doesnt make his actions any more logical for appropriate, it simply makes them fitting for the era the show was aired in. However, you dont judge shows based on the era they were aired in, you judge them based on the knowledge you have of the medium at the current point in time. Something being exceptional 40 years ago does not still make it exceptional 40 years later.
>>
>>161844912
Way to shit up the thread faggot
>>
>>161844912
Man fuck off with this retarded dick measuring contest, both of you
>>
>>161844797
No that's Guld
>>
>>161843965
Literally a week ago I sent a sadpanda link to a friend and got 'why are you sending me a picture of a panda?'

People are fucking retarded.
>>
Shit nigger I can't believe how many replies this thread got. OP was obviously exaggerating.
>>
>>161844937
>>161844966
This thread was always shit, retards.
>>
>>161845026
OP was indeed exaggerating because gundam isn't good either
>>
>>161844866
>calling something needless when it was immensely successful at what it wanted to achieve within it's cultural and historic context.

>>161844896
Yes, they do. Most things in a show tend to have a bearing on the quality and provide cultural snapshots. Dessler himself is a phenomenal example of this due to how his character changes over each appearance.

And historic parallels do directly impact how people feel about things, especially when it's directly relevant. Everyone over the age of 40 had lived a good portion of their lives in a country where the Navy assassinated politicians until it got what it wanted. These parallels are what made it resonate so much. There's a reason you could at one point hear nationalists in the diet singing Uchuu Senkan Yamato
>>
>>161844912
Im not finished but here :

>2010
Angel Beats !
K-On!!
Working!!
Tatami Galaxy
Arriety
A world only god know
Bakuman
Panty & Stockings
Princess Jellyfish
Ika Musume
Star Driver
Soredemo Machi wa mawateiru
Baka to Test
Durarara
Katanagatari
Hinamari sketch x 3
Yozakura Quartet OVA
Hanamaru Youchien
The disappearance of Haruhi
Uchuu Show e Youkoso
Eve no Jikan

>2011
Steins ; Gate
Anohana
Nichijou
Hanasaku Iroha
Tiger & Bunny
Mawaru Penguindrum
Idolm@ster
A letter to Momo
Fate/Zero
Ben-To
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon
Madoka Magica
Kore wa Zombie desu ka ?
Otona joshi no anime time

>2012
Hyouka
Lupin III : Fujiko to Iu Onna
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Psycho Pass
Chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai !
Shinsekai Yori
Girls und Panzer
Rebuild of Evangelion
Nisemonogatari
Symphogear
Mouretsu uchuu Kaizoku
Wasurenagumo
>2013
Love Live !
GJ-bu
Chihayafuru
Little witch academia OAV
Death Billiard OAV
Oregairu
Uchouten Kazoku
Garden of Words
Kick Heart
Monogatari S2
Kaze Tachinu
Kara no Kyokai : Mirai Fukuin
Kill la Kill
Kyoukai no Kanata
Log Horizon
Nagi no Asakura
White Album 2
Yozakura Quartet TV
Madoka : Rebellion
Sakasama no Patema
>2014
Space Dandy
Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
Sekai Seifuku : Bouryaku no Zvezda
Nourin
Wake Up Girls ! Movie
Giovanni no Shima
No Game No Life
Hitsugi no Chaika
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Sidonia no Kishi
Ping Pong

Some might be better taken off, and I probably missed some. I guess it evens out in the end. I often didn't count following seasons of a same anime.
>>
>>161844674
>someone really thinks anime is improving
man I love watching 12 episode ads for manga that never ever get endings in anime form it's great
>>
>>161843992
Anne, Heidi and Conan are far better than Erin or Moribito and I am not even someone who is of the "new anime are shit" mind set. There are plenty of modern shows that are great Paranoia Agent, Kaiba, Tatami Galaxy, Dennou Coil, K-On!! Some people just think different things are good you know? There is no such thing as "this show is objectively better than this show and you are wrong if you think otherwise".

That is why these kinds of comparisons are pointless. At the end of the day it just comes down to "My taste is different than yours" so it can only end in agreeing to disagree or shitflinging. I don't doubt that I could come up with a list of modern shows that are great that is much larger than old shows either, there are far more shows being made so that really isn't surprising. I could also come up with a much larger list of shit shows from current years than in the past too on the same merit.
>>
>>161845063
>Watch a shit show
>ANIME IS DEAD ANIME FROM THE OLDEN DAYS WAS LITERALLY PERFECT
>>
>>161845063
Yeah they should really pad those 12 into 70 like the good ol days
>>
>>161845062
Who is that qt on the top right?
>>
>>161845061
So many shit choices on this list. You could have been far more discerning and still won easily in list length.
>>
File: 1502617019660.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502617019660.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>161844775
Because flat colors and "clean" lines with a huge collection of "otaku" who only like "new clean good looking funny cute anime" with zero substance I know how you feel Anon I really wish we still had hand drawn anime but either it takes to long to make, or it just "doesn't look good" Just keep looking for reboots at least they carry the style over to some degree like with Lupins anime they still look good with the digital shit. I'm pretty hype for MAZINGER Z comin out soon here. It pisses me off every time because I know the only reason so much anime goes for that fucking annoying moe basic bitch style is because that's all that fucking sells now a days and it drives me absolutely mad, check out Ushio to Tora it at least has a Slayers style to it. I hope you find peace Anon because I know I won't.
>>
>>161845061
Here anon, I narrowed down your list to only what's even passibly good:

>2010
K-On!!
Tatami Galaxy
Panty & Stockings

>2011
Nichijou
Mawaru Penguindrum
Idolm@ster
A letter to Momo

>2012
Hyouka

>2013
Little witch academia OAV (not an OAV by the way)
Uchouten Kazoku
Kick Heart
Kaze Tachinu

How the hell did you miss Kaguya-hime?

>2014
Space Dandy
Ping Pong
>>
>>161845190
>>>reddit
>>
>>161845154
I know, especially since Im not even finished. I want to finish my list first, then have people take out the biggest shit and add the ones I forgot, and finally get to a final list.
I will gladly take your input.
>>
>>161845056
>Yes, they do
Thank you for once again proving your utter stupidity.
>>
>>161845202
>>>9gag
>>
>>161845190
Yea, who doesnt remember those highly sophisticated Ghibli characters from the 80s and 90s. Wait a second...
>>
>>161845061
>Symphogear
>Kore wa Zombie
>Love Live!
The power of progress everyone. You weren't kidding when you said inclusive. If you're just going to list every show from a year, I could have made a much fucking longer list too.
>>
>>161845102
I said that? You are reading way too much into a post. And also didn't counter anything in
>man I love watching 12 episode ads for manga that never ever get endings in anime form it's great

>>161845146
they could try telling completed story instead of being ads for manga with like 4 volumes out.

like look at all the WMT anime. they weren't ads for manga. even shit that was based off manga felt like their own creation rather than solely being ads.

I don't know how you can't see that.
>>
>>161845252
Woah symphogear is actually great
>>
>>161845252
These are all show a lot of people recognize as good, I did hesitate for Love Live!, I'll probably take it out later.
>>
>>161845268
You're such a retarded faggot it's amazing yo weren't aborted
>>
>>161844935
>And yet, they dont add anything of substance that is relevant to the plot or the story.

>making the audience feel something is worthless and a waste of time

I'm sorry, but I can't even begin to take you seriously if you genuinely think this.

>you judge them based on the knowledge you have of the medium at the current point in time.

You do both. And I can say without a shadow of a doubt that, despite it's strong beginnings, it was lacking, it lacked the do or die desperation that in many ways characterised the original (and in many ways Japan itself) and Okita's, isolation and how lonely his scenes began to feel was lost.
>>
>>161845061
Idolshitter as fuck
>>
>>161845190
As an old anime is best guy, let me be the first to tell you that simpler character designs are also best. Fuck off with your overdesigned BS, animation should communicate with movement instead of trying to cram as much into a frame as possible.
>>
>>161845216
>things that resonate with the audience, or provide something to dig into if you want to think about it don't improve the quality of something.
>>
>>161845209
It's a waste of time unless you are just doing it for yourself. You aren't going to win any arguments by doing it, regardless of what you list the other side will just shorten it to the point of being lesser than theirs as it all just comes down to opinions. Even people that agree with you that the list should be longer will disagree with your choices so you are probably going to be here forever and only get told you have shit taste by everyone. These "if you don't think X is good tell me what you do think is good" kind of debates are just a waste of time all.
>>
>>161845313
imagine getting this assblasted and having no actual retort

have fun watching your 12 episode ads and having to read the manga to actually get the conclusion son
>>
File: 1382963549627.png (100KB, 450x426px) Image search: [Google]
1382963549627.png
100KB, 450x426px
>implying pre-NGE anime weren't just advertisements for toys with no real narrative
>>
>thread filled with redditfags and idiotic people who think old is le better all the time
Time to abandon
>>
>>161845389
>implying post-NGE anime are any different
>>
>>161845246
I liked the 4 dimensional chess in Giant Robo the Animation
>>
>>161845355
I know, but I find this actually pretty fun to do. Reminds me to check out a lot of things I didn't look out, and reminded me of a lot of anime that I liked, like Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou.
>>
>>161845061
>K-on!!
Tatami Galaxy
P&S
Nichijou
Marawu
Madoka
Lupin III: Fujiko
Little Witch OVA
Uchouten Kazoku
Kick-Heart
Rebellion
Ping Pong

Those are the only shows on this list that are of any value. Maybe Garden of Words, Arriety and Eva rebuilds for production value.
>>
>>161845389
Who cares either way to be honest. Almost all anime is always being made to make money through out its history. It really isn't an argument at all. If they aren't trying to sell something they are aiming to make money through selling advertisement time during the programming slot. All that really matters is if what is being made is good as a result of that profit motive.
>>
rose of versailles is for closet faggots
>>
>>161845483
>closet
>>
>>161842698
Name ONE (1) Mecha series better than Gundam
>>
>>161845422
>I'm 12 and what is this old anime stuff??
>LEL /a/ am so randomleh funneh!!
go back to the womb you scrumlord
>>
>>161845268
>they could try telling completed story instead of being ads for manga with like 4 volumes out
I'm saying to pass this off as a recent phenomenon is absurd and dishonest. Even the original Ashita no Joe anime fell victim to this and had to come up with it's own bullshit cliffhanger for an ending. What was on my mind when bringing up that 70 epsiode example is shit like Mazinger Z which absolutely didn't need that much to tell what they eventually told.

>like look at all the WMT anime
Completely different scenario, all based off of sometimes century old works.
>>
>>161845422
>has LoGH, 2199, and Yuashit in his 3x3
>calling anyone else Reddit
>>
>>161845389
"advertisements for toys with no real narrative" is still a really accurate description for most releases. If you enjoy it, whatever, but don't pretend that high school drama #3824, harem # 3943, or idol attempt #312 don't primarily exist to sell toys to Japanese teenagers and manchildren.
>>
>>161845389
Ah yes all those Versailles no Bara toys. Or the Akage no Anne toys. Ace wo Nerae toys...

Ashita no Joe toys?
>>
>>161845539
I liked the right hook when you pressed the button on his back...
>>
>>161845539
I want toys for Nobody's Boy Remi.
>>
>>161845477
>>161845535
That's the whole point I was trying to make. Anime has never been meant to stand alone. You get your ambitious works every now and then but the vast majority are made to sell the source material or merchandise.
>>
>>161845422
Honestly I love older anime but some of the people that come out with this crap about how modern anime is all trash are embarrassing.
>>
File: 1463212519296.jpg (164KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463212519296.jpg
164KB, 640x480px
>>161845389
>Basing your knowledge on media you haven't even touched entirely off of memes to avoid expanding your horizons
>>
>>161844912
List of shows ranging from pretty good to masterpieces.
>>161845061
What the hell were you thinking?
>>
>>161845318
>I'm sorry, but I can't even begin to take you seriously if you genuinely think this.
Yamato was a show that was primarily aimed at children, that aired 30 years after WW2 and 20 years after the occupation of Japan ended. The ships visual design as well as the opening gave its origin away. The WW2 shots are too stretched and long, plain and simple. Their relevance is questionable since, as I already stated, its crystal clear what era the main vessel originated from. Hell, even if we assume that this bit had a purpose back then, it still was too long overly drawn out for no good reason.

>it lacked the do or die desperation that in many ways characterised the original
Because the show took a completely different turn while reconstructing entire arcs to make them better. Yukis resurrection, death and kidnapping arcs were absolute blunders in the original. The battle of Gamilus was a complete joke and made Dessler look like a complete retard. Additionally, 2199 focuses heavier on actually creating a positive relationship between humans and Garmillians instead of just forcing them to fight, which is why the whole Melda plotline exists in the first place. They are focusing on entirely different themes with the original putting a bigger emphasis on the cost of war, and 2199 focusing stronger on understanding between species. Now its up to you to decide which of the two you prefer, but that doesnt change the fact that the originals character writing and many of its sub-arcs and plotlines are executed incredibly poorly compared to 2199. It doesnt matter if Kodais behaviour fits tropes, its still retarded. It doesnt matter if Dessler is inspired by former people of power, his decision making is still out of place.

What you do is judge a show in a vacuum and hand it praise because it did a good job for its time, but thats not how you assess products. Yes, it was great for its time, but it is not anymore.
>>
File: 1477986603721.gif (953KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
1477986603721.gif
953KB, 320x239px
>>161845617
>implying I don't love toy shows
>>
>>161845525
The fact that it came up with it's own bullshit cliffhanger for an ending doesn't... at all give it the feeling of 'just an ad for the manga' like 99% of current anime released.

Making it's own ending is preferable to the '12 episode and than stop please read the manga' of current anime.
>>
>>161845510
Whats the point? Youll simply say "NU ID ISNT". I mean, lets be real here. There are hundreds of shows that have better art, animation and sound design, which is inevitable due to MSG being 40 years old. So even if we were to assume that MSG is the best written mecha show ever (which holy hell, its not even close) then it would still lose out.
>>
There's been so many Wake Up Girls movie holy shit.
>>
>>161845352
You mean the audience that isn't you? Or anyone else on /a/?
Of course, don't let that stop you from projecting yourself into the audiences of 1970s Japan. You really are a complete imbecile.
>>
>>161845678
>Fafnerfag
Opinion discarded
>>
>>161845535
The same exact thing is true for superrobot anime #4521, sports anime #6341, and DEEP shonen fighting anime #5621. Shit's been done again and again and again just like harems, high school shit and moe anime.
>>
>>161845010
To be fair there's now so many panda offshoots that I can understand someone new just never finding out about panda because they never needed it.
>>
>>161845678
>which is inevitable due to MSG being 40 years old
Just like there must be tons of paintings better than the Sistine Chapel because ti's old right? It's almost like quality of art can't be discussed in terms of progression or regression, due to the enormous variables of human influence.
>>
>>161845326
I personally don't mind either as long as what is meant to be put on screen is put on. I really like the older lining though the roughness of it really brings out what they put into it and I feel like that's a big part of anime that was lost on the switch to digital.
>>
>>161845759
If we're going by animation quality than MSG was shit even in it's time.
>>
>>161845790
Nice fake news ANN
>>
>>161845678
No you're right, there is a better series than MSG. It's called Turn A Gundam.
>>
>>161845820
Hello Mechatalk sheeple
>>
>>161845539
You know why they stopped making WMT shows? The ratings dropped so it wasn't making enough money from ads anymore. Who would have thought it, even Akage no Anne was made to sell something. Advertising space.
>>
>>161845759
>comparing a single still frame to an animated product, MSG most of all
Please, MSG is choppy as hell and the quality of the art was laughable even just 10 years later.
>>
>>161845762
The roughness can still exist (see Kameda, Gurren Lagann) but it's not so in style anymore.
>>
>>161845862
But that's wrong ANN
>>
>>161845790
The animation is fantastic. The art is definitely inconsistent. I'm not on either side of this argument though. I think very few anime from any decade are worth any value. Especially the 70s and the current decade. 1980-2001 was the golden era. 70s was build up, and now the industry is just resting on it's laurels and obsessively devoted and undiscerning customer base.
>>
>>161845525
Also
>Completely different scenario, all based off of sometimes century old works.
But animation companies would never do this now. They never make shows based on a manga that has ended. Or on a book. The only one recently I can think of is Sailor Moon Crystal.

You use to see anime based on short 2 volume manga, that were complete.

I can't even watch current airing anime. Why watch a 12 episode ad that won't get a second season and won't invest me enough that I want to read the manga/fuck LN? There's original concept anime but they are what? 1 per season?
>>
>>161845510
Victory Gundam
>>
File: holyshit.png (544B, 88x19px) Image search: [Google]
holyshit.png
544B, 88x19px
>>
>>161845845
You might be retarded if you can't see the difference between selling ads on something vs making something to sell toys/manga.

It's like saying that Transformers and Breaking Bad are the exact same. One was made to sell toys, one sold ads around it.
>>
>>161845923
Most of /a/ hadn't seen nearly enough anime to contribute anything of value to a discussion this broad. That is not surprising. Please, fuck off.
>>
>>161845631
Okay, you're clearly too fucking mechanically minded to understand something as simple as "emotional resonance with the audience is in fact, very fucking important"

What you do is you try and strip down works of art and assess them as if you can do so with some kind of "objectivity" which is fucking nonsense. Emotional core is key. The lack of positive relations was a key element of the original, the separation and realisations were down to this. The original had a real atmosphere to it which is gone in 2199.
>>
>>161845727
Shouldnt you be busy hijaking mobile suits, Zetafag?
>>
File: 1484448718063.jpg (41KB, 450x425px) Image search: [Google]
1484448718063.jpg
41KB, 450x425px
>>161845834
Hmm I smell a Grecofag
>>
>>161845992
Greco was literally Turn A done right
>>
File: 1438996309293.gif (86KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
1438996309293.gif
86KB, 720x478px
>>161846004
Right on cue
>>
>>161842015
>this is what /m/ actually believes
Pathetic
>>
>>161845061
>continuing from 2015
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Free !
Hanamonogatari
Hanayamata
Omoide no Marnie
Parasite
Fate/Stay Night : UBW (TV)
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Amagi Brilliant Park
Shingeki no Bahamut : Genesis
Shirobako
Tsukimonogatari
Garo:Honoo no Kokuin
Expelled from Paradise
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 Hoshi Meguru Hakobune
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
>2015
Death Parade
Koufuku Graffiti
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Hana to Alice Satsujin Jiken
Gundam the Origin
Kekkai Sensen
Shokugeki no Soma
Plastic Memories
Hibike Euphonium
Symphogear GX
Bakemono no Ko
Little witch Academia Mahou Shikake no Parade
One Punch Man
Owarimonogatari
Concrete Revolution
Lupin III L'avventura Italiana
Girls und Panzer : Der Film
>2016
Boku dake ga inai machi
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo !
Dagashi Kashi
Hai to Genso no Grimgar
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Kizumonogatari 1 Tekketsu-hen
Re:Zero Kara Hajimaru Isekai Seikatsu
Flying Witch
Kuromukuro
Kidou Senshi Gundam RE : 0096
Uchuu Patrol Luluco
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt
Mob Psycho 100
New Game !
Kimi no Na wa
Kizumonogatari 2 Nekketsu hen
Koe no Katachi
Yuri on Ice !
Hibike Euphonium S2
Flip Flappers
Gi(a)rlish Number
Fune wo Amu
Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni
>2017
Konosuba 2
Little Witch Academia (tv)
Youjo Senki
Gabriel Dropout
ACCA 13
Akiba's Trip : The Animation
Re:Creators
Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul
SukaSuka
Sakura Quest
Alice to Zouroku
Tsugumomo
Uchouten Kazoku S2

Making this list reminded me that I need to watch more anime, so I'll be off.
>>
>>161842632
Good list
>>
File: 1445364162948.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1445364162948.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>161846046
Turn A is literally SJW and cuck shit
>Ghiblishit setting
>mostly female main characters
>black tranny main character
>racemixing
>>
>>161846086
You have to go back
>>
>>161846077
Samefag
>>
>>161846086
>mostly female main characters like a shit ton of anime
>glorious brown trap MC
>muh SJW
>>>/pol/
>>
>>161846061
>Fate
>Symphogear
>Boku dake ga inai machi
>New Game
Akibas Trip
>Alice to Zouroku
These are what pass for good anime now.
>>
>>161846061
>he's still trying
>>
>>161845964
>emotional resonance with the audience is in fact, very fucking important
I guess I simply prefer being for a show to simply show me things rather than overly explaining them. While one could argue that the WW2 related exposition is "being shown to the audience", its still stretched in an unreasonable manner that adds nothing of value in the longrun. I can imply something, or I can overly explain it for every retard to understand it because I exposed them to 5 minutes of respective material. Dunno about you, but I prefer the former.

>The lack of positive relations was a key element of the original
Which is your personal opinion, no more no less. The reinterpretation takes a different approach. Like I said, its up to you to decide which of the two you prefer more so this a mood point to discuss.

>The original had a real atmosphere to it which is gone in 2199
See above. At this point you do nothing but base your opinion on "what something hinted at" or "how something felt to me". I, and I am fairly sure a lot of others, prefer a coherant story over the mess that its the original USY. Yes it had more "dark" and maybe even "mature" topics, but the exact opposite can be said about the characters actions and their overall behavior.

You might not believe this but even I prefer USY's more "mature" approach (was it actually, though? diplomatic measures seem more mature than one thought provoking line about the cost of conflict), particularly the crews realization of their actions after the battle of Gamillus, but that doesnt change the fact that almost everything not linked to this is just straight up worse, particularly many of the side arcs and plot-lines. Youre welcome to value the originals thematic approach over the significant improvement made to the writing, but holy hell should you stop to defend this abomination if all you have to say is "its a reference u brainlet lyl".
>>
>>161846061
How do you not realize how pathetic this list is compared to the 70s one that >>161844912 posted?
>>
>>161846196
I merely finished.
>>
>>161846061
>No precure
Shit list senpai.
>>
>>161846307
I skipped a ton of shit that I didn't watch and wasn't sure about, and added shit that might have been better left out, you can do what you want with my list.
I definitely should have added Precure though.
>>
>>161845938
It's all still being driven by commercial interests.
>>
>tfw all anime is shit
>>
>>161845678
>better art, animation and sound design
Why should any of this matter?
>So even if we were to assume that MSG is the best written mecha show ever
But it is.
>>
File: 1504054786715.jpg (146KB, 598x701px) Image search: [Google]
1504054786715.jpg
146KB, 598x701px
>>161846782
>Why should any of this matter?
Yea, I wonder. Guess we are reading books here.
>>
>>161846782
>Why should any of this matter?
Nigga are you serious?
>>
>>161846782
I'm on the old is better side of the argument, and you're still a fucking nigger.
>>
>>161842756
Rose of Versailles and Giant Gorg used their time really fucking well.
>>
File: 1494795453847.jpg (5KB, 108x125px) Image search: [Google]
1494795453847.jpg
5KB, 108x125px
>>161846782
>Why should animation matter in an animation?
Really made me think
>>
File: mad.png (294KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
294KB, 540x405px
>>161842015
But Lupin
>>
>>161846838
>>161846872
>>161846913
>>161847335
Wow. Then I guess Gulty Crown is a masterpiece.
>>
File: 1499579474453.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499579474453.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>161844338
>this much shit taste
Toku is miles better than anime
>>
File: 1503982243400.gif (120KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1503982243400.gif
120KB, 500x281px
>>161847532
>>
>>161847532
It was mediocre at best in terms of art, animation, and sound.
>>
>>161847633
But how can it be when it obviously has high budget!
>>
>>161847703
How does it feel to be the dumbest person on /a/ in this moment?
>>
>>161847767
Dunno. You tell me.
>>
>>161847767
Ironic
>>
>>161847703
What are you even talking about? Make a point or fuck off. No one likes guilty crown. Ali Baba to 40-hiki no Touzoku had a huge budget for 1971, and that movie fucking sucks. You're the only one in this entire thread who's mentioned budget.
>>
>>161845062
What is in the middle?
>>
>>161847827
That's a great movie, what are you on about?
>>
File: Ashita_no_Joe-5867e309f0e0c.jpg (49KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ashita_no_Joe-5867e309f0e0c.jpg
49KB, 720x480px
>>161842015

you motherf...
>>
>>161847827
I responded to:
>>161845678
>there are hundreds of shows that have better art, animation and sound design
>which is inevitable due to MSG being 40 years
You can only say that MSG in any way has bad art, animation or sound design if you refer to its very obvious budget restraints.
The only dimensions in which a modern show is likely to surpass an older show are technological and financial resources.
>>
>>161848183
OG Joe is kind of ass though.
>>
>>161848183
This loli was absolute insane.
>>
File: 48645468412896468.jpg (73KB, 838x756px) Image search: [Google]
48645468412896468.jpg
73KB, 838x756px
>>161845062
Don't post this image ever again.
>>
>>161845422
And you think new is always better
>>
>>161845061
>>161846061
>all this forgettable seasonal trash
>no Rakugo or 3gatsu
>no Kaguya-hime
Your list is bad. You'r not qualified to enter this discussion.
>>
>>161849669
>no Rakugo or 3gatsu
At least he got something right! Dohohoho
>>
>>161849698
?
>>
2202 subbed when?
>>
>>161849669
Rakugo is in, I did forget Kaguya.
Is 3gatsu even good ?
>>
>>161845326
Stop this "animation needs movement" meme. Animation is simply a visual medium, telling its message by using visuals. But having the visuals move is just one of many approaches. If you look at a picture, it may be interesting to look at even if it doesn't move. The goal of animation is to convey its message, and to be visually engaging to look at. Movement is not needed to accomplish either of these goals. It's just an optional technique.
People need to stop this single minded focus on movement in animation. It is not really relevant to the quality. You just need it to look interesting. And you can accomplish that by filling the frame with details without having anything move. And that could still be good animation.
>>
>>161850758
>Good animation does not need movement.
How many layers of irony are you on right now anon ? This is some advanced shitposting.
>>
>>161850758
You need to look up the definition of animation.
>>
>>161850758
>And you can accomplish that by filling the frame with details without having anything move. And that could still be good animation.
I would love to see an example of this.
>>
>>161850927
I wouldn't hold your breath.
>>
File: 1502994470536.jpg (138KB, 1247x810px) Image search: [Google]
1502994470536.jpg
138KB, 1247x810px
>>161850758
>art direction, framing, symbloism, cinematography, animation lol dude who cares its all the same thing its visuals right? :D
>>
OP is a faggot (sasuga OP)
>>
>>161850758
I couldn't give less of a fuck what animation is or isn't, the fact of the matter is that so many animators in Japan have given up on movement and that's fucking sad. I don't care how brilliant a Dezaki storyboard is, if you have to show emotion with a triple take or painted up still frame then that's a big fat F from me.
>>
File: Sadness of Belladonna.jpg (3MB, 1434x1076px) Image search: [Google]
Sadness of Belladonna.jpg
3MB, 1434x1076px
>>161850927
Belladonna of sadness.
>>
>>161845062
saint tail's so boring
>>
>>161851099
I dont see much animation in those still frames.
>>
>>161851099
>literally a set of painted pictures
You might as well just sell a picture book, then. It's cheaper than making an animated series.
>>
>>161851190
>>literally a set of painted pictures
That is what animation is you retard.
>>
File: 1460126547197.jpg (128KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1460126547197.jpg
128KB, 500x280px
>>161851229
What a baka
>>
>>161851099
Oh look, a bad movie with a whole lot of bad animation.
>>
>>161851229
>Animation is the process of making the illusion of motion and the illusion of change[Note 1] by means of the rapid succession of sequential images that minimally differ from each other.
>>
>>161851299
And what would you use to show the change?
>>
>>161851357
Not a set of 9 still frames to prove your point related to animation. What you should use for that is a webm or a gif. You can Google how to create either of them.
>>
>>161851399
Just to clear things up I am not the guy who said "Stop this "animation needs movement" meme" and it seems you misunderstood his meaning. When he says "animation" he means it as the medium not the process of slightly changing frames to make the illusion of movement. So his meaning if you want to make a movie that is drawn you don't require the drawings to move to be interesting. Which is why I responded to >>161850927 with Belladonna of Sadness which is a film that doesn't rely on movement to be visually interesting.
>>
>>161851832
>When he says "animation" he means it as the medium not the process of slightly changing frames to make the illusion of movement
We all get that, but that doesn't stop his post from being less retarded.
>>
>>161851832
You're describing a slideshow. That's not animation.
>>
Plenty of great anime in the 70s.

Currently watching Gamba no Bouken and it's glorious.
>>
>>161851832
>visually interesting
No one questions that you can make something visually interesting through art direction alone. However, there isnt much of a point in turning something into an animated feature if you refuse to animate the product itself. No one wants to watch a slideshow, thats why youll end up with a worthless product unless you manage to combine both to a certain extent. Animation without art direction has as little value as art direction without a serviceable amount of animation.
>>
>>161852063
That show is like half of my motivation to learn Japanese.
>>
>>161852100
>No one wants to watch a slideshow
Picture dramas exist.
>>
>>161851832
If it's not even going to be animated, why call it an animated work to begin with?
>>
>>161842015
>except for Gundam
lolno
>>
>>161852183
And they are horribly pointless.
>>
>>161852699
They're usually side stories or spin-offs. It would be retarded to make them the main adaptation.
>>
>>161843455
Nah, it just that you have a superficial taste.
>>
>>161852157
yeah. I watched it dubbed when i was a kid, but i cant' find it either dubbed or subbed now.
>>
>>161853014
>superficial taste
What is that even supposed to mean
>>
>>161853070
That you only see the surface but not the core.
>>
>>161853189
Basically
>youre not valueing the RIGHT THINGS like I do
Good to know. Youre going to point out that historical references are vastly superior to coherent writing again?
>>
>>161842015
How low level can your bait be? If you unironically dislike other shows from the 70s that just shows how limited your taste is, to the degree that you probably avoid even certain genres when looking for new anime to watch. Pathetic.
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.