[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this one. I was extremely impressed by the characterization

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

Just finished this one. I was extremely impressed by the characterization during the first half of the series. I found it really well done the way every dialogue and action taught me something about a character and how every expository information was well implemented into the progression of the story without it being obviously only for the sake of the viewer. It definitely should've been longer, though. The world could've been expanded more and I feel like the protagonists themselves should've been more explored, but it still was a really enjoyable watch. What did /a/ think about it?
>>
>>161654597
>What did /a/ think about it?
Hamdo was right
>>
>>161654842
This. lapis needed to stop being a cunt and share her water
>>
>>161654952
>>161654842
Get off the internet, Hamdo. Don't you have some villages to blow up?
>>
>>161655007
What would he do if he had the internet?
>>
>>161655188
The same as we're doing right now, browse /a/
>>
what the hell was abelias deal?
why work for a pretty clearly insane person
>>
It was nice at first, but then the anti-abortion preaching ruined it.
>>
>>161654597
I'M STILL MAD ABOUT THE RAPE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1445073234643.jpg (30KB, 270x323px) Image search: [Google]
1445073234643.jpg
30KB, 270x323px
>>161654597
If you meet anyone, in your lifetime, who ever says that this was a bad show, or that the MC was a bad character, know firmly that these people are wrong.
>>
>>161654597
>"we can teleport through dimensions but can't find any water" the show
It was a miss for me. I couldn't bring myself to give a shit about the characters, which I'd say is important for this show because of their suffering. So it was just boring.
>>
LALA RU? I like it but the rapist turned good or the redemption scene was funny, I must be an asshole.
>>
File: 1503256157881.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1503256157881.webm
1MB, 640x480px
It was hot.
>>
>>161654842
>The Zari-Bars virgin versus the Hellywood chad
>>
>>161654597
What's this?
>>
>>161663225
was this rape? I don't watch the show
>>
>>161664279
Yes, she had a hard life
>>
>>161663225
DELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
My heart wasn't ready. I'm actually mad because they didn't show the rape, not because she GOT RAPED. My boner was intense.
>>
>>161663225
She should have aborted that bastard child.
>>
>>161654597
It was depressing to watch, and the ending was unfulfilling emotionally for me.
I wanted to see some kind of resolution but not in the way it ended, with the characters jaded and the consequences left in limbo. I ended up getting into SoL anime during its peak to cheer me up because of so.
>>
>>161654597
You realize all this time Shu just wanted to save Lala Ru just because she asked for it, but when Nabuca tell him to go back to where he truly belongs he finally let all hell broke loose
>>
>>161664364
Fuck japan
>>
>>161655706
>anti abortion

Shu think all life is sacred, that is his character. He would never let anyone be it innocent or not to die right in front of his eyes. He trying to prove that despite everything bad happened you are still living and breathing and somewhere somehow good things bound to happened.

He try to save everyone but yet she still disappear right in front of his eyes
>>
>>161659810
This. All over the internet almost everyone hated Shu because of his pacifism and like the bad boy Nabuca more while simply ignoring that Shu is a normal 10 year old boy who is literally one of the bravest boy among his peer as shown in ep1 when we saw his name atop of the smokestack. While Nabuca question his loyalties to Hamdo, Shu took action and in the end convince the spirit of Earth that humanity are worth saving
>>
File: 1449707809946.png (629KB, 640x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1449707809946.png
629KB, 640x1440px
>>161654597
Best OST
Best Visual
Best Show
>>
>>161661709
>we can teleport through dimensions but can't find any water
Its a time travel machine It was implied that the machine took so much energy to start and we can see in ep1 it can only take only such minimal volume of water so its economical just to kidnapped the source of it which is Lala ru
>>
>>161655188
>What would he do if he had the internet?
He uses his time to shitpost on 4chan thus the world is save
>>
>>161665140
People are used to child protagonists being able to change things. Shu isn't so much an inversion of that but an example of what happens when the Main Character isn't some magically gifted, overpowered kid. He still checks a lot of boxes like being able to convince people through sheer emotion, but Shu was just some snot nosed kid who didn't know better and could only cling to the limited world view he had snce he was fucking 10.

The whole situation was well beyond his scope.
>>
>>161654597

The weird thing is, this show was like the polar opposite of Strange Dawn. In that one, the heroines were hell-bent on getting home, no matter what, no matter who they fucked over in the way.
>>
>>161654597
Itsumo Itsumo boku ga kimi wo...
>>
>>161663225
>watch this 15 years ago
>this scene happens
It fucked me up and I haven't recovered yet
>>
File: shit.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>watch it because some random anon post the sunset.png
>first ep was like your run of the mill sol shounen anime
>that final shot of the first episode
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.