[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Instead of getting into all those mind games, why didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: light.png (146KB, 528x297px) Image search: [Google]
light.png
146KB, 528x297px
Instead of getting into all those mind games, why didn't Light just think up more creative deaths than just making people have heart attacks? He can kill people literally any way he wants so all he would have to do is differentiate each killing "X gets run over" or "X gets shot down" and no one would have suspected him of anything.

Also, couldn't he have written his own name down and given his cause of death as "old age" to guarantee his survival throughout the entire series? I'm so confused.
>>
You're a confused teen. Figuring out Death Note is like your first algebra class.
>>
>>161568434
He was an arrogant fuck and explicitly wanted the world to know someone was responsible for the deaths. Also, testing the note showed him it has a maximum range of 23 days to control someone's death.
>>
it doesnt matter how he kills people. if he didnt respond to L bait he could have continued to kill everyone the same way at any time and NOONE would suspect a thing. because when poeple die NOBODY thinks "hey maybe there is like... magic involved... or something."

he wanted to be on the top and wanted everybody to know who runs shit so when L baited him he responded knowing well he is exspousing himself. then L went "i only showing this in one district of this city, got you bitch" and the game began.
>>
>>161568943
People would have found out a pattern, but he would stay anonymous at the very least. Until ISPs and other organizations would end up finding patterns in the kill and eventually track him. Probably.
>>
He said he wanted people to know they are being judged
>>
>>161569143
>found out a pattern
>end up finding patterns in the kill and eventually track him

there is no pattern that would lead people to believe in "magical genocide". the only reason L confirmed his suspicions is because fake L was killed seemingly by Kira thoughts. then he went on with his investigation with supernatural element in mind. if all those people kept getting heart attacks then they would have to assume engeenered nanomachine virus or some other crazy but ultimately more plausable cause. everything is more plausible then magic.
>>
>>161569543
>thousands of people die from hearts attack all around the world
Maybe people would call it Foxdie but theories of invisible engineered nanomachine virus aren't much different from magic.
First I guess you'd try to look at what the criminals who died have in common. They're mostly from Japan, but they're all over the country, and some criminals from other places died too, so you can't much informations from that.
After a while, you notice it concerns criminals whose names and pictures were shown on TV. Then you see criminals with names incorrectly written didn't die, and so on.
>>
>>161568434
He wanted to establish a pattern and having to write unique conditions would slow down his murders. Having them die the default way was both efficient and enough to establish his presence.
>>
>>161568434
He wanted people to know, like he said
>>
Even Deathnote address this.
If you try to kill somebody, but the conditions can not be meet, they die of hearth attack.
So merely by attacking conditions, you also attach hearth attack to everything where the conditions can't be meet.

So by default, Death Note leaves a pattern.
But this is also the series where L do a province by province screening, to even find out where to start. And Light takes the bait like a complete retard.
>>
> couldn't he have written his own name down and given his cause of death as "old age" to guarantee his survival throughout the entire series?

If you write down a name, the person has to die within 23 days. Even if you write down a later date, they'll die after 23 days.

There's also the rule that the person will die from a heart attack if the conditions are impossible. Light can't die of old age if he has max 23 days left once he's written down. So if he writes down "Light Yagami: old age", he'll just die from a heart attack after 40 seconds.
>>
>>161572181
>if he has max 23 days left once he's written down. So if he writes down "Light Yagami: old age", he'll just die from a heart attack after 40 seconds.
Wouldn't he die of a heart attack in 23 days then?
>>
>>161572488
Probably not if he just writes down 'old age' without adding a date like OP suggested. There'd be no reason for Light to live for another 23 days since the condition can't be met during that timeframe. Unless there's some rapid aging disease that can plausibly kill someone within 23 days, which doesn't exist afaik.

If Light writes down a specific date, there's a higher chance he gets to live until the time limit, since the death note would probably take into account that he specifically stated he'd die at a later time.
>>
>>161573592
See but I thought the time always worked. He tried conditions that didn't work and they still died at the specified time
>>
>>161573653
>>161573653
>the time always worked
*when possible

The way I thought it worked was that if either the time or the condition were possible it would happen regardless of the other one.
>>
>>161568434
because he's not a fanatic of killing
he just sees killing as a means to get what he wants
>>
>>161568434
Because he wanted to make people afraid that if they committed a serious crime, they would die.
>>
>>161573653
> See but I thought the time always worked
But the time nor the condition would work in this case since dying of old age within 23 days is impossible unless you're already old.

Say Light would write down "dies of old age" but then adds a date that's within that 23 day time limit. In that case, the time will be possible but the condition is impossible. So he will die at that time but from a heart attack instead.
>>
>>161568434

>cause of death "old age"
>gets beaten to death by some angry grandpa
>>
>>161568434
He wanted to make it obvious and establish a pattern. He wanted to be known as a fucking god, so he wants to make it obvious it's him.
>>
>>161568434
Did you even watch the anime?
>>
He's functionally a school shooter and its all his keikaku.
>>
>>161576769
Oh, a school shooter and a serial killer. He fits both really well. Stupid series.
>>
>>161568434
He WANTED people to see the pattern, retard
>>
>>161568434
Light's goal wasn't just to murder bad people. It was a utopian society with no crime. If you actually want a utopian society with no crime, people would need to fear judgement. So it's important people know that this is all the work of one person specifically targeting people who break his rules.

He was also egotistical, but logically it makes sense too.
>>
>>161568434
The bigger question is why the fuck did he kill that FBI. There was no reason to do so, and it fucked everything up for him
>>
>>161568434
After the disaster that was the Netflix movie, I'm going back to watch the anime, and fuck, it's actually unironically good. Even with all the hot topic connotations it has now, it's still fucking good. And it was an adaptation, too. Why don't we get shit like this anymore? Literally none of the shows this season interest me.
>>
>>161568434
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAY4XI7KZd4
Every man did something wrong in his life, killing is too harsh. Why Light did not settle things like a Punisher?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.