[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started watching Fist of the north star, up to episode 23

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

File: ken.jpg (180KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ken.jpg
180KB, 640x480px
Just started watching Fist of the north star, up to episode 23 now. I am wondering if it gets better, since Shin's arc was pretty boring for the most part, even though it had moments that really spoke to me.
>>
>>161116940
No
>>
>>161116940
It's shit
>>
>>161116940
Occassional reminder that Kenshiro can beat Goku by hitting a single pressure point.
>>
>>161117008
How can he do that?
>>
>>161116940
It gets better when Rei is introduced, once the other Hokuto Brothers are introduced it becomes a masterpiece. It's dragged down by a lot of filler though.
>>
>>161117132
He can litreally just touch Goku once at any of his 108 pressure points and Goku would explode 3 seconds later.
>>
>>161116940
Ken see a villian, Ken kill a villian.
Best part is Kenshirou vs Raoh.
>>
>>161117189
>filler
After watching the first season I wen online to read about any filler being added, since it felt way too off when it comes to pace (or even originality, most villains were the same). In tv tropes they claimed that almost 80% of the arc was filler.
I just don't want this to happen in the future arcs. I like the show well enopugh to complete it but I don't want it to feel like a chore.
>>
>>161117232
>Ken see a villian, Ken kill a villian.
I actually like this, it contrasts with so many modern anime heroes that it actually feels original.
>>
So, /a/, was this the first modern shonen?
>>
>>161117344
no
>>
>>161117246
TV tropes is shit and should never be trusted.

The shin arc technically doesn't have that much filler by the proper definition of it. The problem with it is that when the HnK manga started off the authors weren't sure if it would be popular and what direction to take it in. Shin's arc was done in about two volumes in the manga, the next couple of volumes were all short stand alone stories while seeing what the response from WSJ readers was like, in the anime these were reordered and were placed as part of the Shin arc. When they realised the popularity of the manga was going to stay high they went ahead and developed the proper story, which starts when Rei is introduced.

Once the story starts going I wouldn't say there is that much more filler than you would expect in a long running battle shounen. Although having said that they did manage to stretch out a 16 volume manga to 109 episodes, so I dunno. It's worth putting up with just because of the God tier VA and OST.
>>
The anime is excruciatingly slow. Read the manga instead. It looks way better too.
>>
>>161117468
>OST
This is easily the best part of the series, aside from the hilarious fights for me.
>>
>>161117344
It's not even considered by WSJ the biggest hit of the decade it ran in. Which is surprising but whatever.
>>
>>161117202

Isn't Goku an alien n shit though?
>>
>>161117530
>It's not even considered by WSJ the biggest hit of the decade it ran in
I wasn't asking that you dummy.
And of course it isn't the biggest hit, did you forget about Dragonball?
>>
Fist of the North Star is shit
TTGL is shit
Jojo is mega shit
Kill la Kill is shit

just stop watching these over the top meme series
>>
>>161117591
>these over the top meme series
But anon, this is the anime I enjoy watching. Is there any deep philosophical anime for people like you?
>>
>>161117607
Kakegurui is good
>>
>>161117652
Kaiji is better gambling anime
>>
Kenshiro destroying the tank was filler too OP. Filler isn't always bad.
>>
>>161117582
Dragonball is also not the biggest hit of the decade HnK ran in.
>>
Fist of the north star aged like nigger cum, there's much better 80's and 90's series if you are looking for that.
>>
>>161117344
>modern
What would you consider modern? My first shonen was Saint Seiya back in the 90's, then DBZ, Ruroni Kenshi and Yu Yu Hakusho. I guess my first ''modern'' shonen was Naruto and FMA 2003.
>>
>>161117807
Take it easy on that jewry /pol/. Nobody wants to hear that
>>
>>161117799
I also didnt say that Dragonball was the biggest.
What even was WSJ biggest hit if not those two, saint seya?
>>161117807
Probably historical reasons, although no other series has a greater OST.
>>
>>161117849
>What would you consider modern?
A series that has the tropes we are familiar with when it comes to shonen nowadays.
>>
>>161117858
>Saying nigger is /pol/
Why don't you fuck off to reddit you fucking faggot?
>>
>>161117246
There really a lot filter , they had 6 episodes in a row remembering important guys who died. Still its fun to watch how he will kill bad guys this week
>>
>>161117799
>>161117582
I don't know about hit, but Dragon ball is undeniable the most famous anime of all time along with maybe Pokemon.
>>
>>161117898
I can just skip those though
>>
File: 2350959-kinnikuman_007.jpg (481KB, 800x742px) Image search: [Google]
2350959-kinnikuman_007.jpg
481KB, 800x742px
>>161117807
If you mean the anime then fine, if you mean the manga then you have fucking terrible taste.

>>161117864
Kinnikuman surprisingly enough. WSJ in their 40th anniversary thing said their biggest hits per decade were Otoko Ippiki Gaki Daishou, Kinnikuman, Dragonball and One Piece. That was nearly 10 years ago now, wonder what the 5th would be. I'd say Kinnikuman might be the earliest example of battle shounen but some people say Ring ni Kakero is so I don't know.
>>
>>161117932
I would keep watching Shin arc will make more sense later during nanto generals arc
>>
>>161117974
>Kinnikuman
...Why? It barely gets mentioned.
>>
>>161117898
I think they did that just to round off the cour it was running in because they finished it too early. I hate it when they do shit like that but the reverse is worse (like in the Otokojuku anime where they condense like 4 volumes worth of shit into a 30 second montage).

>>161117932
If you are going to skip episodes then read the manga, most of the filler episodes in the second half of the story have an annoying thing were the majority of the ep is unrelated shit and then right at the end of the ep an important thing happens.
>>
>>161118045
Then I can just watch the important bits
>>
>>161118095
Or read the mango, but I guess you aren't interested.
>>
>>161118011
It used to rank 1st or 2nd for most of the 80s and I guess it sold well enough that WSJ consider it a bigger 80s hit than HnK.

>It barely gets mentioned.
That is because /a/ has shit taste, it's amazing.

>>161118095
That's what I meant.
>>
>>161118245
>It's amazing
I will keep it in mind, read or watch/
>>
>>161117468
>The shin arc technically doesn't have that much filler by the proper definition of it

Nigga please.
>>
>>161118295
I'm not sure it's been fully subbed but it has been scanlated. It started out as a gag manga but as it starts becoming a battle manga it gets better. I don't like it nearly as much as HnK but it's still very good.
>>
>>161118416
>I'm not sure it's been fully subbed
Even if it was I don't think there would be a healthy torrent anywhere.
>>
>>161118455
I remember being able to find episodes of Kinnikuman Nisei online but it was dubbed and not worth watching unless it was for nostalgia. Kind of like Cromartie High School, Kinnikuman Nisei having a shit dub didn't matter since it was a gag manga and it made it work the majortiy of the time.
>>
>>161118550
If it's anything like Cromartie, picked the fuck up.
>>
>>161118624
It's not nearly that funny. I think I only like it because I watched it when I was younger and it was on Toonami.
>>
New Fist was better.

5/10
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.