[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didnt he just refuse to join the Holy Grail war in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

Why didnt he just refuse to join the Holy Grail war in the first place?
>>
Play the VN. Results in a bad end.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121KB, 1448x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121KB, 1448x1080px
>>
File: 1495738382084.jpg (44KB, 268x285px) Image search: [Google]
1495738382084.jpg
44KB, 268x285px
>>160987162
If he refused to join the way Sakura would have been forced to join and fight and die. But he didn't know this. Actually he didn't decide to join, it was an accident, there was a seal on the floor where he trains and was attacked by lancer and when he asks for help the only servant who can freely decide to help or not is saber and she does.
>>
>>160987162
DEAD END
>>
>>160987205
But even if he refuses, he still is a master.
>>
>>160987187
>>160987265
i laugh the first time a saw it.
>>
>>160987162
Which is the canon route?
>>
>>160987293
Bad End 30, of Heaven's Feel
>>
>>160987205
>>160987284
No, read the VN, fag.
Saber was scolding him but she actually gave up on him after Kotomine erased the Command Seal on Shirou. She just had to find another master before she disappears.
But then, while Shirou is walking home he was fucking butchered by Illya.
Illya always waits for Shirou at the point in every route. So without Saber, Shirou is surely killed.
>>
>>160987289
what?
>>
>>160987360
Wait, so you're telling me, that you can't be a master but also refuse the grail cup?

If you have the power of a servant, why can't you refuse?
>>
>>160987162
Berserker and Illya come up and smash him as he's walking home.
>>
REJOICE
>>
>>160987425
I don't understand what are you saying, anon.
But whatever. If you don't want to be a servant anymore, you can just go to Kotomine to have the seal removed (or absorbed, I'm not sure).
Normally the heroic spirit will disappear in a short amount of time if he/she runs out of mana. So they must find a new master and makes a new contract.

Shirou SHOULD have been fine if it wasn't for that little bitch Illya.
>>
>>160987526
No, hold on, I mean, like, simply refusing the cup while still holding the title of a master by simply not removing the seals.
>>
I don't hate Fate's bad ends but I hate how the reader get them.
>Be a coward at some points
>Killed
>Be courageous at some points
>Get killed anyway
>>160987568
Dude, for the grail to appear, 6 of the 7 master/servant pairs must be defeated. It is so that there is enough mana for the cup to appear.
You can hide, yes. But other masters won't leave you alone.
>>
File: 15019007366685.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
15019007366685.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>saber kills mordred
>saber is unharmed
>???
>saber dies
>>
>>160987618
What was the deal between Seiba and Mordred anyway?
Why did Seiba hate Mordred so much?
>>
>>160987618
Morgan cursed her to attack after death.
>>
Because it's a bad end & he gets ganked anyway.
>>
>>160987602
Ah, I see, so you still have to fight other masters regardless of accepting or not.

In other words, you already accept at the point of becoming a master.

But why does Illya want to kill him?
>>
This is why I hate secondaries.

Anyway, which bad end is the best?
Hard mode: no mind of steel (it's not a bad end anyway because Sakura a shit).
>>
>>160987640
Saber literally says she did't hate Mordred.
>>
>>160987669
Is that a serious question?
>>
>>160987568
If you win it, you can refuse it yes, Kiritsugu did that at the end of the 4th war.

The point of the HGW war is to use your servant to win it, then use your last command seal to force them to kill themselves, so that there's 7 souls worth of mana in the grail for it to grant a wish. "Normal" wishes within the realm of thaumaturgy can be done with 6, but you need 7 to open the path to 3rd magic as the Einzbern intended for the Grail.
>>
>>160987568
The thing about the HGW is that it has never been won before until the 5th where Shirou emerges as the first winner ever, and even then it was corrupted.

>>160987602
>Be courageous at some points
for most of the routes, most of the time Shirou is a weaksauce magus which is why trying to be a hero doesn't work

>>160987669
Read F/Z, she's not only fighting for the Einzberns but she's also pissed because she believes Kiritsugu (her real father) abandoned her and also got her mom killed, and by proxy also hates Shirou
>>
>>160987693
You could also hope some guy summons Gil, and you kill that the bigger dies since he's worth 3 in 1
>>
>>160987669
This is major spoiler if you haven't watched F/Z.
But anyway, Illya thought that Kiritsugu abandoned her for Shirou.
Illya hated Shirou at first because of envy. That's why she called Shirou onii-chan because technically, they are siblings (under Kiritsugu's).
>>
File: 2-F15-06b-04.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2-F15-06b-04.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
>>160987360
Right, I confused it with this one.
>>
>>160987787
Oh this fucking one.
All you did were teasing Seiba and she fucking killed you even though she knows that Kotomine is shady as fuck.

Fucking King of Knights.
>>
>>160987690
Maybe he only saw UBW. Its not an unreasonable assumption.

>>160987719
It doesn't really matter. The heroic spirit's "soul" is shaved off so it fits in the Servant container, removing things that doesn't fit in it and is a nerf to most major heroes (i.e. hercs, cu) who has the ability to qualify for multiple classes.
>>
Rin never hurts Shirou in all routes.
That's why I love her. Unlike that traitorous Seiba and that insane Illya.
>>
One thing I don't get is why Archa decided to sacrifice for Shirou in Fate route.
He can just throw Shirou into Berserker's blade and run away with Rin.
The change of mood of Archa between Fate and UBW is kind of dumb.
>>
Why didn't Saber just kill Illya instead of Berserker in UBW 3?
>>
>>160987836
>Rin never hurts Shirou
Are you kidding me? I distinctly remember that in one of the routes Shirou ends up battling with Rin without Saber and gets killed by her, I think it was because he kept denying wanting anything to do with the war and thus Rin has no option but to kill because he's still a master. But the point is, she really was serious about killing him.

I remember the scene because there was a point where Shirou throws chairs and flips classroom desks over, I think he ends up dead by Rin's Gandr bullets

>>160987875
It was to buy Rin and Shirou/Seibah time. Remember that Seibah was really fucking weak and nearly depleted of mana so he was the only one who could hold Baasakah up. Right after that is the threesome scene in the ruins
>>
>>160987945
Shirou/Seiba and Rin/Archa (Mostly Rin) were against killing human master.
At least the heroic spirit will live on until the next war.
>>
>>160987965
>I remember the scene because there was a point where Shirou throws chairs and flips classroom desks over, I think he ends up dead by Rin's Gandr bullets
Well, when Shirou is confronted by Rin at the stairs in the school, all Rin did was erasing the command seal from Shirou.
If Shirou actually get killed by Rin in the chase, it's probably an accident. And I'm not even sure if there is such an ending.
>>
>>160987965
Isn't that the ending where Shirou wakes up with his memory wiped, though?
If I remember correctly she only knocked him out and removed his command spells and erased his memories of the Holy Grail War.
>>
>>160987875
Because Archer's goal (at the time anyway) was to get Shirou to abandon his ideal, then kill him, or just abandon his ideal really. Emiya Shirou is a softie in the end.

In Fate, he got taken out of action by Saber, and barely recovered by the time of the scene in the castle. In UBW he had more interaction with Shirou, which triggered the hell out of him and got him serious about executing the plan (which was to get him to despair about the ideal, kill him to try and force a paradox, while making sure Rin get Saber and win the war)
>>
>>160987814
Most of the bad ends have characters acting incredibly OOC. If Saber was even remotely capable of an action such as that, she never would have been able to pull Caliburn from the stone in the first place.
>>
>>160988289
The majority of them are Shirou being killed by Illya or Medea, perfectly in character. The only "OOC" one is 13 (being killed by Saber due to not having enough affection point with her).
>>
>>160987824
Except even then Gil still is heavier than the rest, it's why Sakura and Angela rushed to digest him as quickly as possible, and the grail was already good to go even before as soon as she had Ilya and the dress with her even while Assassin, Berserker, Saber and Rider we're still active, and didn't even need Ilya when Herc kicked it
>>
>>160987836
What is the Geass ending?
>>
>>160988415
Angra rather, jeez
>>
>>160987686
Sparks Liner High.
>>160988289
Yeah, I understand the concept behind it. But it doesn't really works with how Saber thinks. Even if she is desperate for the Grail, she isn't the kind of person who would outright kill her own Master for it, unless he's literally evil.

The rest are fine, like the one with Rin using Shirou as a puppet. It's sick but I can see Rin using her seals that way as a last resort. And Ilya is somewhat insane and starts off hating Shirou with a passion.
>>
>>160988415
6 is needed to grant a "no question's ask" typed wish on the Lesser Grail, and 7 is needed to open the path to the root, but there's no way you need that much to incarnate the Angra stuck in there. In the 4th war, it tipped out and poured the mud all over Fuyuki with Gil and Saber still active, it was ready to "grant" Kiritusgu's wish as well.

>>160988465
It did say she immediately regretted it.
>>
>>160987686
Sparks Liner High.
>>
File: 208-HF15-17a-407.jpg (8KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
208-HF15-17a-407.jpg
8KB, 800x600px
>>160988684
Not a Bad End
>>
>>160987965
The only time Rin kills him was when he agrees to Caster's terms when Taiga was held hostage. And by that point it was out of mercy.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.