[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was his fucking problem? how could he let his insecurities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 403
Thread images: 40

what was his fucking problem? how could he let his insecurities lead to the destruction of mankind?
>>
>>160771938
that is the exact opposite of what happened, did you even watch it
>>
File: 1458580091014.png (225KB, 800x662px) Image search: [Google]
1458580091014.png
225KB, 800x662px
Shinji is cute! Cute!
>>
>>160771938
He was too much of a pussy to fuck Asuka.
>>
>>160771938
Is that a real guy or a cartoon? I think it's a cartoon but it almost looks like a real guy.
>>
>>160771938
He literally saved mankind instead of taking the easy way out.
>>
>>160771942
Say what, nigga?
>>
>>160771938
It was the jews that doomed mankind. Shinji was just caught in the middle.
I repeat, the jews.
>>
>>160771944
I guess it's obviously a cartoon. Fuck. I've made yet another stupid post.
>>
>I didn't watch the show
>>
>>160771946
When was the last time you saw another human being?
>>
>>160771948
Listen, I don't want to talk about this any more.
>>
File: Chinese cartoon.jpg (508KB, 970x868px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese cartoon.jpg
508KB, 970x868px
I think we all know why.
Pic related.
>>
>>160771938
>>>/a/
>>>/v/
>>
>>160771950
to be fair to the plot, piloting the mecha isn't "piloting" it's merging with a LAWL machine spirit.

The shield that protects EVAs are literally the pilot's own sense of individuality.

Putting something that personal out there is pretty traumatic.
>>
>>160771939
sorry, english is not my first language. i meant to say that he thought about doing so, just because he couldn't bear the thought of some people disliking him?
>>
>>160771943
There are 4 separate "canons", all of them being real and a part of the multiverse of suffering that is Eva. In ALL of them Shinji has fucked over mankind, outdoing himself in how spectacularly he can kill everyone in each outing. Its something about humanity suffering across all realities for Ikari's trespassing into God-Science. Even we the viewers suffer, its pottery.
>>
>>160771950
what would you do if you where evenalgion?
>>
>>160771953
On one level, Evangelion is about overcoming personal insecurity to persevere in do-or-die situations where all responsibility for success lies on one individual, a child in fact. If he weren't stressed by these circumstances to the point of perhaps preferring death, it would be both unrealistic and less dramatic.

On another level, Shinji's emotional makeup is partly due to his social environment. His social status is extremely low. His mother is dead. His father is wholly absorbed by his work, and only sees the boy as a means to an end. Shinji has no confidant, his anomie hampers normal relationships and he is later literally isolated from his peers. He more or less correctly feels unloved and unvalued except for his ability to pilot an EVA, a task that would be taxing for an emotionally healthy adult. Nevertheless he is expected to conform to the highest expectaions imagineable, recieving little in the way of acknowledgement in return.

TL;DR if Japanese society doesn't chill the fuck out a little so that their people have time and energy for healthy emotional lives, they're all going to be in a world of shit.
>>
On one level, Evangelion almost seems real. You look at cartoon guys and think: that could be real; is it real?
>>
it's hard to be a person and have responsibilities
that's literally what the show is about
>>
>>160771941
he did tho, asuka was pregnant or something
>>
I distinctly seem to remember the actions of an underground cabal of elites manufacturing WW3, ensuing control of the world post-war and then dabbling in dark forgotten magics to end the world being the actual cause of mankinds destruction.

Funny how people forget that part.
>>
File: NEVER EVER.jpg (11KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.jpg
11KB, 228x221px
>>160771950
Its so sad, but its true, fucking hell
>>
>>160771960
nah it was a japanese kid that just wanted to stick his dick in a qt3.16 crazy redhead but struggled with being japanese
>>
>>160771962
said redhead is a worthless whore anyway

getting to join with the bluehaired goddess spiritually and sensually was Shinji's best moment in life.
>>
>>160771949
Its ok anon everything is going to be alright.
>>
>>160771964
>cartoons posting at me pretending to be real people
I know the difference
>>
File: The End Of Evangelion - Asuka.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
The End Of Evangelion - Asuka.webm
3MB, 900x506px
Does Asuka has the most satisfactory conclusion/ending of all the characters? she's finally ok with their mother after all the pain she felt.
>>
>>160771950
>Dude I read a synopsis of the show and now know it inside and out!

Fuck the Escapist. They are consistently shit.
>>
>>160771966
No, Asuka has no conclusion at all. She's a plot device, and what you refer to is 100% melodrama with zero character and isn't even her ending/conclusion, that's seen in the final scene. Basically, Asuka is a meme character.

Shinji has by far the most satisfying conclusion and ending, being the centerpieces who achieves understanding and piece. Alongside with Rei, who also does the same but over more episodes and in the final conclusion, defeating Gendo and achieving her lost Godhood.

Gendo also gets a mention here since he gets his comeuppance.
>>
All Shinji wanted from life to be left alone. He chose to pilot to EVA because the people he cared for would get hurt. That was also the reason he rejected Human Instrumentality.

The story was never NGE's strongest points. It was the emotion behind the show. It's the closest the grasp the idea of being depressed

>Isolation
>Loneliness
>Escapism
>Abandonment issues
>>
>>160771969
People around the world obsessing with the story beg to differ.

The story is excellent and believable enough to captivate and convince.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGMuaXIlckU
>>
>>160771968
Her conclusion is slightly less metaphorical than Shinji's, but she solves her attachment issues by realising that her mother is with her in her mind, no matter what she does. Her mother was there in spirit all along, and it's by realising that when someone dies you still have all the good memories and experiences with them left behind. She realises she doesn't need the attention of others, she can be isolated AND have the attention she deserves. She solves her hedgehog's dilemma.

The only difference is her mother's souls is LITERALLY inside EVA-02
>>
>>160771950
>giant robot
>>
>>160771969
Shinji piloted the EVA because he wanted other people to like him, and they praised him when he piloted it. He literally says this multiple times at various breakdowns.

His issue is that he also doesn't like being the centre of attention because it makes others hate him, and he hates himself, so he feels like he doesn't deserve the attention he craves. It's a paradox that's at the core of his character.
>>
>>160771970
>NGE
>believable
>>
>>160771938
You're just an idiot.

Shinji is one of the most beautiful, and truthful characters there is in anime.
If he was a real boy i'd fall in love so fucking hard.
People who doesn't understand his character are either very emotional underdeveloped (just as Shinji himself) or just watch anime for le epic fight scenes and shouldn't be watching Evangelion in the first place.
Just because he's not a badass and he's sensible doesn't make him a bad character.

>>160771940
This. Shinji eternally best girl.
>>
>>>/a/
>>
>>160771972
This.
>>
>>160771975
>NGE
>Not believable

>One World Government disguising itself as (((Democracy)))
>People too busy being drunk or wageslaves to realize the world they are living in.
>After a major disaster where billions of people died, people are still continuing their lives
>They show how complex the military and Evangelions work
>>
>>160771950
Literally everyone in the show is emotionally and psychologically damaged in some way. Obviously they're not going to act like normal people. And that was even before all the shit started happening, and it made it even worse. Plus the main characters are 14 so add hormones on top of that.
>>
>>160771942
Are you fucking high?
>>
>>160771975
The characters' traumas are very realistically portrayed. Anno hated kawaii archetypical characters that plagued and still plague anime, so he made the characters respond like real kids would, not your typical shonen hero from Naruto or whatever.

You tell a wimpy 14 year old american kid with deep-seated separation anxiety that they have to pick up this gun and go fight a bear or the world will literally end, and then tell them they have to do it 17 more times and it's not surprising that the pressure cracks them.
>>
>>160771972
>>160771978
No. Asuka herself solves nothing, and the presence or absence of her mother does not and will not solve her issues alone, given that she's guilty of multiple failures as a human being. The hedgehogs dillemma isn't solvable as such, but is a constant issue related to relating to OTHER people, it's the issue of comfortable distance. Don't use terms you don't understand.

Asuka doesn't have a substantial conclusion, that is, "being told something" is an event external to a character. and not internal. Without detailing Asuka's character, concluding it if you will, all you have is an unfinished character. Contrasted with Shinji or Rei, the only two characters with an actual strong conclusion in the series, Asuka comes up short. Asuka's ending is essentially a black hole where overzealous fanboys insert way too much of their own fantasies, and while that may be the intention, it means that there is no conclusion, save for that it ends of course. Putting it simple, it's melodrama.
>>
>>160771968
How is that melodrama in any way?
>>
File: rsz_aoba01.png (89KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_aoba01.png
89KB, 250x224px
>>160771980
>Literally everyone in the show is emotionally and psychologically damaged in some way.

Shigeru Aoba was the sanest character of the bunch.

>Never loved anyone

100% sane and /ourguy/
>>
>>160771984
How is it not? It's a singular character, talking to itself, receiving "illumination" from a plot device, with no dialogue or reasoning whatsoever.

Cut the music, and what you're left with is something of so poor quality it could only be found in fan fiction. The drama is paper thin and builds completely and wholly on a single thing, musical direction, the forte of the director and writer the project is associated with. Think of what it actually is:

>my favorite character is by circumstance protected from harm, and out of nothing, is given reprieve and what she lacks in life

This is a device to increase the shock when reality strikes, and she's ripped to pieces. Asuka represents failure in Evangelion for more than one reason, her fantasy and non-accomplishments are rewarded with death, just like in NGE. It's thematically fitting, because no conclusion is precisely what her character gets.
>>
>>160771983
She rejected death and fought with the strength of resolving spiritually her abandonment from his mentally ill mother.
She realizes it's not her fault and values herself as a individual more than a prodigy or a good pilot.
Her demise is incredibly tragic because even she's at last at peace with his mother, she's finally full and emotionally mature at hmthat instant, just to be killed in minutes.

I may agree that it's a little melodramatic, but melodrama is not bad itself, i hate people keep carring that idea, you can give your characters emotionally over the top elements and they still can be true (Mad Men, Gone Girl, etc).
>>
>>160771986
Asuka is driven so far into the depths of her despair, and is forced to confront painful memories she had suppressed. The act is cathartic, and allows her to resolve her issues.

It's a little quick, sure, but it's hardly out of nowhere. She finds a better solution than repressing her memories. Effectively she embraces her mother for who she was, rather than how she was when she died.
>>
>>160771986
I think I understand what you're saying but it's not like it came completely out of nowhere since it was established beforehand that both Angels and Evas have souls. So where did these souls come from? 01 seems to be Yui's soul and 02 is Asuka's mom's soul. So she realizes that this is the case and it raises her morale, allowing her to not only sync with the Eva but to a higher degree than she was able to do before.

The ending is what I'm wondering about though since it seems to show that even through all this stuff (the instrumentality, which I imagine for at least a short time she and Shinji would have been connected through this, plus if you take the series ending as canon she goes through something similar to Shinji) her thoughts about Shinji haven't really changed, though there's little context for her last words to take them with.
>>
>>160771966
God, I love that scene.
>>
>>160771987
>>160771988
You seem to be missing the point. It's _only_ melodramatic. When you say she "rejected death" and so on, that amounts to no change even if it were true. She's transported by others into that EVA and takes no action of her own until her mother interferes, which then aids her for a moment - before she dies and pays the price.

You also miss the point of Asuka's character, as "it", meaning her problems, actually was her fault. This is why she succumbs and even a "god sent" intervention cannot save her in the end. It's very clear.

When you say "Asuka does this, and Asuka does that", you have to realize, there's not a single scene in EoE you can show to where she does this. You're inserting too much fan fiction rather than interpreting and understanding what happened. Classic mistake nerds make.

Asuka was never at any one point mature, a good person or at all sane, her conclusion in the original ending is actually being confronted with that. Being given some "candy" in the form of mommy praising her doesn't change that at all, rather it makes it worse.

>>160771989
It did come out of nowhere, as her mother had numeorus chances of interfering earlier and didn't. It's not the problem, it's the fact that her mother interfering and essentially loading Asuka's head with information is not character development, it's a device.

Asuka being "placated" won't solve her problems, only maturing will, and this is why her reward is death, while Shinji and Rei's is redemption and liberation.
>>
>>160771938
>tfw in the second iteration (rebuild) he's actually grown as a character and is even heroic of his own accord at times because of regret over destroying the world twice now
All the Rebuild haters need to kindly fuck off. This is how you create character arcs.
>>
>>160771991
I'm interpreting her mother's intervention as Asuka's own thought processes. I suppose it's up for debate whether or not it was a spiritual intervention or an imagined mental one.
>>
>>160771992
You're insane and delusional. The Rebuild series has since it's third installment become a testament to everything that's wrong with man and womenchildren.
>>
>>160771992
Wait wait wait, hold the fuck up. Are you saying Rebuild is a sequel to Evangelion? I hadn't got round to watching it because i thought it was just a remake. Might have to expedite watching it.
>>
File: lawl.png (62KB, 402x222px) Image search: [Google]
lawl.png
62KB, 402x222px
>>160771938
This entire movie doesn't make sense, what the hell is it even about? I remember seeing it on toonami but I could barely remember anything.
>>
>>160771995
All signs point to yes, it's a sequel. Lots of shit doesn't make sense if it was stand-alone. We MIGHT find out for sure if :|| ever comes out.
>>
>>160771993
It's not up for debate, Asuka's mother is in the EVA, and personally reached out to Asuka from within the EVA.

Your interpretation is, without any doubt, wrong.

>>160771992
>>160771995

Sequel or not, the Rebuilds have glaring problems with it's characterization that only worsens when seen as a sequel to the original. Alone or in company, it's a failure as a story. It's otaku entertainment, and particularly disappointing since some of the original creators are involved.
>>
>>160771992
What was the second time he destroyed the world? There was the third impact in EoE but what was the other one? I haven't watched Rebuild but is it really possible to interpret is as following EoE?

>>160771996
I imagine it was heavily censored on Toonami. Basically 2 parties are trying to start the third impact at the same time but neither win and instead Rei betrays Gendo and initiates it herself, and then she gives control of it over to Shinji. Shinji initially says that instrumentality should proceed but after it actually happens he realizes that it doesn't really solve anything so he reverses it.
>>
>>160771954
>There are 4 separate "canons", all of them being real and a part of the multiverse of suffering that is Eva. In ALL of them Shinji has fucked over mankind, outdoing himself in how spectacularly he can kill everyone in each outing

And those are?
In NGE show, Earth gets destroyed and humanity by Gendo working with Seele, Ritsuko and Misato are the main accomplishes
Same in EoE

In rebuilds Earth and humanity get destroyed by Gendo again working with Ritsuko and Misato, this time Seele got fucked over before they cold make a move
This time main blame should be placed on Misato who being closest to Shinji did not tell him of the nature of Evas.

And ... those are the only timelines we saw so far. In none Shinji was in any way responsible for whats was going on, or had any clue as to whats going on.
>>
>>160771995
It is one of the prevailing theories and if the final film is EoE levels of brilliant, then I can forgive the massive changes that 3.00 brought because it would've been for a purpose.
>>
>>160771999
>>160771992
see >>160771960
>>
>>160772001
>>160771995
It's not really a prevailing theory, and claiming as such means you don't understand the point of sequel baiting at all.

The point is quite simply to create enough possibilities for fans to rave about what is essentially, a work with no substance. Rebuild is 99.9% speculation and fan masturbation, particularly after You can (not) Redo aired which killed any substance the series had.
>>
>>160771999
Near-Third Impact at the end of 2.22.

There's already blood on the moon and the seas are already red (which occured in EoE) at the start of 1.11. Along with numerous other dialogues and smaller nuances that imply that Rebuild is not a reinterpretation, but the world literally rebuilt by Shinji after EoE.
>>
why is it that an anime thread gets so much more actual discussion than any normal show would in this shithole?
>>
>>160771950
>the creator of this actually thought he was right
jesus. imagine being this unknowingly cringe
>>
>>160771991
How is the way Rei "defeated" Gendo, and Shinji achieving understanding and peace any different than Asuka realizing her mother (the source of her shortcomings as a person) was watching and protecting her? They're meaningful conclusions each handled in a different way, and each relating to their inhibitors as humans.

Asuka being protected from harm "out of nothing" is no different than Rei's spontaneous decision to not assist Gendo in achieving instrumentality, but Shinji instead. Any "plot device" you can come up with for Asuka has strict and apparent parallels for any other character that receives any sort of character development, ie, Shinji's realization of the nature of human interaction in instrumentality. You're coming up with reasons as to why Asuka's development is less meaningful and more "melodramatic" than Rei and Shinji's without realizing the very characters you cite as having "satisfying" conclusions are more or less the same in terms of storytelling.
>>
I think a lot of neglected kids would, if they had the decision resting on their shoulders, just let the whole world burn.
>>
>Discussing Rebuilds
>Ever
>>
>>160772008
>Rei's spontaneous decision to not assist Gendo in achieving instrumentality
I've actually read some stuff about this. In the show Rei (which is actually the second incarnation of Rei) basically loves Gendo and will do whatever he wants. But she dies in one of the fights and so is reincarnated again, being the third Rei, and it shows her at one point trying to (and I think actually succeeding) break Gendo's glasses which shows that she doesn't share the feelings for Gendo like Rei 2 had. So instead of helping Gendo she helps Shinji and gives control of the third impact to him.

>>160772007
There's End of Evangelion, and then there's the rebuild series, which is a series of movies that are either a reboot or a continuation from after End of Evangelion. There's also the ending to the TV series if you take that as a separate thing rather than taking place at the same time as EoE.
>>
>>160771954
thats not how a 'canon' works /a/utist.
>>
72 / 10 / 39 / 3
>Eva is the best stuff weeb can offer to the world
>>
>>160772003
Insofar as what material we have now (the 3 Rebuild films), yes it is all speculation and sequel-baiting.

However, one does not read the first two Lord of the Rings books, stop at the final and then complain at the lack of story consistency and closure. Granted this is a somewhat poor analogy as each LotR book can stand on its own compared to the Rebuild films and even the necessary dichotomy between the original series and EoE.

Again, I have confidence (or maybe it's just wishful thinking, Anno could just troll us all) that :|| will bring the Rebuild series full circle and closure to the Evangelion franchise as a whole.
>>
>How is the way Rei "defeated" Gendo, and Shinji achieving understanding and peace any different than Asuka realizing her mother (the source of her shortcomings as a person) was watching and protecting her?

Because they were effected through the character's own actions and thought processes. There is an actual change and choice to act here that isn't affected by magic fairy inside a robot.

That is, Rei's decision was not spontaneous because since the start, the series had been building distrust between her and Gendo, she goes from a loyal daughter figure to a skeptical and disillusioned cult follower who realizes the leader has been deceiving her.

For Shinji, he has steadily been improving and deteriorating over the course of the series, and it is the confrontation and discourse he has with Rei in EoTV and EoE that makes him understand and finally choose, based on the experiences he's had with the others in the past, he wants to see them again.

Their character development spans the entire series towards this climax, but for Asuka, the only climax is her own death, the previous awakening not being related to her character at all. There are no scenes detailing Asuka's "development", at best there's 20% of a "before/after" image.
>>
>>160771956
Good explanation
>>
Oh no. We've been moved to /a/. They're just gonna talk about waifus for the rest of the fucking thread.
>>
>>160772014

This is something you point out yourself, of course., but your argument would be true if we were pointing out that it lacked closure, but we aren't. Rebuild as is lacks more or less everything but flashy light shows, and what little of consistency and substance it had went to the dogs with the third movie.

Putting it this way, you are only feigning confidence because you're an EVA-nerd who currently likes the current "meta" of character treatment and positioning. That's the problem with Rebuild, it's for otaku and hardened nerds only, it gave up being something with the third.
>>
>>160771966
This scene was fantastic. Seeing Asuka overcome her grief and compose herself when it mattered the most, only to instantly get wrecked was one of the best, most bittersweet moments in the entire show. Why do nerds shit on her character so hard?
>>
File: aNzAq74_700b_v1.jpg (65KB, 700x640px) Image search: [Google]
aNzAq74_700b_v1.jpg
65KB, 700x640px
>>160771938
>Became interested in this again.
>the mod moves it to /a/
well it was fun
>>
>>160772015
If you can only have development from personal actions then they really wrote themselves into a corner with Asuka because she's basically catatonic and can't do anything because of this until her mother showing herself affects her. I don't entirely agree with you on that though but the way she was at that point there wasn't anything she could do herself.
>>
>>160772008
check out >>160772015

maybe the move did something weird.
>>
File: 1499799823124.png (181KB, 375x370px) Image search: [Google]
1499799823124.png
181KB, 375x370px
SHINJI

IS

BEST

GIRL
>>
>>160772127
How can you say it gave up with there being another film left? Universal narrative strokes are a crisis and depression in act 2 to lead the way for overcoming it in act 3. Clearly 3.33 was act 2.
>>
>>160772182
They didn't write themselves into a corner. Asuka was always a failure. She's supposed to represent the negative side of the character spectrum, she is self-delusion personified. Her character "ending" is that she can't persevere on her own, hence her character ending effectively at ep.22, with four episodes left to go, and in EoE is kept in the movie solely as a plot device. This was the point, consider Asuka and Rei dragging Shinji in opposite directions, self delusion for Asuka and self realization for Rei. It's not necesserily bad, it's not just the sort of development mentioned earlier.
>>
>>160772275
Objectively speaking, 3.33 is the third act (hence the numbering), and it was a stinker at that.

3.33 is not depression, it's joy and celebration for otaku especially who had desired this kind of movie. It's a destruction of established character substance, replacing it with very fan-pandering versions of the characters - this cannot be repaired by the final installment. The current thematic narrative and angling, which is hyperfocused on blame&shame while forgetting that the previously and currently established setting doesn't support it, meant that it was completely sunk as a serious work the minute 3.33 started.
>>
>>160772318
I'm saying that Asuka was catatonic (in the series too, it wasn't made up for the movie) and not able to make any decisions on her own. You're saying that if you don't make decisions on your own then it isn't development. So yeah, if we take both these things as true then they wrote themselves into a corner. I don't really agree with character development needing to be done through your own personal actions though. If something happens outside of you that still affects you (like Asuka's mom talking to her and comforting her) I think that is able to be just as much development as if you did something yourself.
>>
>>160772006
it's a joke. calm your titties
>>
>>160772318
>>160772015
>>160771998
>>160771991
>>160771986
>>160771983
>>160771968
Asuka has been completely and utterly BTFO.

Asukafags are 100% on suicide watch.
>>
File: shinkun.jpg (195KB, 799x674px) Image search: [Google]
shinkun.jpg
195KB, 799x674px
Stupid gay thread.

Post cute Shinjis.
>>
>>160771976
Hi Kaworu
>>
>>160772655
Speaking of Kowaru, what the fuck was his deal anyway?
>>
>>160772431
Objectively speaking, the title is not 3.33 (Act 3).

I hope you're just joining the thread because if you're a /tv/ native and can't understand thematic and narrative conventions then I can't really help you. 1.11 and 2.22 were Act 1, or a Prologue and Act 1 if that helps you understand things. 3.33 is The Empire Strikes Back. It's the dark middle where everything seems hopeless, brought on by the game-changing climax of Act 1, which in this case was the semi-new event of Near-Third Impact (which is actually just a loose retelling of EoE's broad strokes).
>>
>>160772482
Why do you think they wrote themselves into a corner? It's the same as in NGE. Asuka doesn't get over herself there either. Again this is completely the point of the original. Asuka represents escapism, Rei represents confronting reality through their actions, the "yin and yang" of Eva which pulls Shinji in either direction. This is precisely why Rei makes continually small improvements which leads to her liberation through her own agency, while Asuka becomes like you say, catatonic and at the mercy of everyone else. So when Rei liberates herself, she passes her victory onto Shinji, who then passes it onto mankind (including Asuka), and the story is complete.

I don't think this is writing itself in a corner, it's good writing.

>>160772638
Don't start this.

>If something happens outside of you that still affects you (like Asuka's mom talking to her and comforting her) I think that is able to be just as much development as if you did something yourself.

There isn't anything else to say here than that's wrong. Character development is in itself the process of a character developing, otherwise every story or character would only consist of the first and final chapter. Does that make sense?
>>
>>160772671
It doesn't have to be. In a series of x acts, the third act is well, the third.

You coming up with comparative arguments, like comparing Evangelion to Star Wars only shows that you haven't actually analyzed Evangelion itself. The comparison itself is wrong as well, because "The Empire Strikes Back" didn't radically change everything from the previous installment, nor was it logically inconsistent with itself either. It didn't rely on overt fan-pandering, but logically and reasonably continued the story.

Please consider 3.33 itself, like I did earlier in this post: >>160772431
>>
>>160772670
Fujoshi/Fundoshi pandering character, made for delusional people.
>>
File: 1494408147564.jpg (236KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494408147564.jpg
236KB, 1280x720px
>wonder why there is so much good discussion
>thread was moved here from another board
Well that answers that
/tv/?
>>
>>160772692
>I don't think this is writing itself in a corner, it's good writing.
Are you the same guy saying Asuka's just a plot device then? Because I'm taking your arguments as you thinking that this is a bad thing.

>There isn't anything else to say here than that's wrong. Character development is in itself the process of a character developing, otherwise every story or character would only consist of the first and final chapter. Does that make sense?
But you don't see how outside forces could also affect a character's development? There are several scenes in the show where Asuka thinks back to the way her mother acted before she died and then finding her corpse, so these things seem to be part of why she's so fucked up. So she's crippled under the weight of all the shit that happened to her in the series in EoE but then her mother, the partial or entire source of her psychological issues, appears to her and comforts her. I don't see how, even being initiated by an outside for, this isn't character development. And again, it seems like you're saying this is bad but above you said it isn't bad so that is kind of confusing to me.

In fact that actions that a character takes to develop themselves throughout a movie or show are fairly often initiated through outside events.
>>
>>160772845
>>160772671
Also, I want to add that following narrative conventions does not mean the end result will be good, rather it might be absolutely terrible. Many people can follow the same recipe yet produce astoundingly different results.
>>
>>160772845
There is no narrative convention stating that all acts must be the same length. How does a 3 act structure fit into 4 parts?
>>
>>160771938
Shinji was desperate for the approval,but everyone except Rei and Kaorwu can give him validation.
>>
>>160773000
No, it's good writing. It's not a bad thing. The characters represent different things. It's a good thing.

>But you don't see how outside forces could also affect a character's development?
Yes, but here we have the outside force, but not the development in itself. You see, unlike characters like Shinji, Rei and Misato, the development has taken place over the course of the series and we've been witness to their development. Their characters have changed, visibly and clearly to the viewer. With Asuka, how she has changed and if she has at all changed in fact, is not actually decided by the text. It's this portion that is missing, and it's also what makes it fit the theme so well.

The other characters, who work for change and change themselves internally, are rewarded by the ability to make a choice for themselves for the better. Asuka who could not change, is still at the mercy of everyone else despite receiving what is essentially, a writers helping hand for a scene.
>>
>>160772976
Yep. It's always the same though, the worst place to talk about video games is /v/, worst place to talk about books is /lit/, worst place to talk about anime is /a/, etc
>>
>>160773032
Ask the other guy. I think he's over-relying on conventional storytelling formats in order to validate his argument, which is in itself a mistake. If I choose to tell a poor story over the course of four, three or two acts, what does it matter if it's still the same story?

>>160772976
The problem with /a/ is that it's full of "flavor of the month" otaku who flock to the best "girl" or "boy" and keep circlejerking about it.
>>
>>160771938
What is it anon was it 3deep5you
>>
>>160773329
If you judge a story without reading the ending, what does it matter?
>>
>>160773395
Do you need to experience the ending of a golden shower in order to determine that it's "author" is pissing all over you?

It's enough to state the facts, and that is that the Rebuild series post 3.33 is quite the shameful affair as far as being a worthy successor or remake of Evangelion goes. In itself, after three "acts", it's just a bad otaku fanfic.

Keep in mind that "it's going to be good, just you wait" isn't valid literary criticism, or in fact, any criticism at all.
>>
File: 1443297368586.png (152KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1443297368586.png
152KB, 500x374px
>>160773246
you can see the exact moment the thread was kicked to another board too
>>160772224
>>160772638
>>160772643

>>160773329
This and any thread about older anime that arent cult classics (Eva, Lain, Code Geass, Death Note, etc) just die less than 50 replies in IF you're lucky. And even then the discussion goes back to best girl/boy nonsense because all those anime have been discussed to death already by the people who actually gave a shit. Dont even get me started on Manga.
>>
>>160773228
I can see what you're saying. Don't think I agree with everything but it does make sense with Asuka being punished for relying too much on others compared to the other characters. We're still only discussing that one scene though and not the ending, which Asuka is also a part of to some extent. Though like I said earlier, if we take what you're saying as true then I think the ending also shows Asuka's lack of development.
>>
>>160773522
As a /tv/-fag, systematically banning fans of both Asuka and Kaworu would solve a good 70% of /a/'s Eva-related problems from my observations.
>>
>>160773577
That'd be correct. Asuka is a static character, she is fleshed out well but essentially has no development. Her female pilot counterpart, Rei, has a lot of personal development in comparison and actually makes good on that both during EoE and EoTV. I don't think the scene can be considered alone, we must also consider everything that comes before it, and by doing that, we can see that EoE is in fact a fantastic continuation of it's series.
>>
File: It's_Just_Bait.jpg (222KB, 1341x526px) Image search: [Google]
It's_Just_Bait.jpg
222KB, 1341x526px
>>160772003
>>160772014
>You Can (Not) Be This Delusional.
>>
>>160773897
It's hook, line and sinker for you.
>>
>>160773897
I really don't see how it can be debatable that Rebuild is after EoE when you see this.
>>
>>160773945
That's because you're unintelligent and don't understand Evangelion.
>>
File: Guy's_Seriously_It's_Just_Bait.jpg (22KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
Guy's_Seriously_It's_Just_Bait.jpg
22KB, 270x400px
>>160774067
Yeah, it's not like rebirth is a common theme within the anime or anything.
>>
>>160771952
>The shield that protects EVAs are literally the pilot's own sense of individuality
Why not just have the power of friendship or love do the job. Fucks sake this show is overrated.
>>
>>160774304
>non-argument
You were saying, brainlet?
>>
>>160774436
>He can't find the point.

Try googling literary analysis.
>>
>>160774405
I think it's a cool concept actually. An AT Field is basically what separates you as your own person and every soul has one. Most people's AT Fields aren't very strong, but are strong enough to hold them together. The Angels have very strong AT Fields that actually can work as shields. I don't think it's entirely the pilots' AT Fields that are used as shields but a combination of theirs and the souls inside the Evas' AT Fields. And it also depends on the sync rate between them. The Third Impact/Instrumentality is then neutralizing everyone's AT Fields so there's no separation anymore and they're one being.

It does sound silly when you think about it but it's done a lot better than anime that like you say use the power of friendship, and AT Fields are prevalent throughout the show in different ways and aren't as much ass-pull as power of friendship bullshit.
>>
>>160774579
Try doing an actual literary analysis, or any analysis at all, fucko.
>>
>>160774668
Uhh that's why I posted >>160774304

now back to your containment board.
>>
>>160774067
>>160774436
>>160774668
You might actually be retarded, my man.
>>
>>160774304
>>160774436
>>160774579
>>160774668
The analysis is basically "thing in rebuild is how it was at the end of the movie, therefore rebuild takes place after the movie". It's not hard. It might be more complicated than that depending on what they do with the next movie but but it's not hard to see that basic link unless you're retarded.
>>
>>160774881
>>160774876
>>160774837
That's a single thought. A single association. It's the very first thing that passes through your mind. That's not an analysis, it's a nanosecond in your brain that passed almost a decade ago.

Now try doing an actual analysis, you sad, mongoloid fuck.
>>
>>160775020
Are we going to analyze too that Shinji, Asuka, and Rei are in Rebuild?
>>
>>160775054
Are you going to continue to prove that you're unable to process anything at all beyond the first thing you thought?
>>
>>160771952
>The shield that protects EVAs are literally the pilot's own sense of individuality.

What the fuck? Did you watch the show? The AT field is the soul that was injected into EVA. Artifical soul in Unit 00, shinji's mom in unit 01, asuka's mom in unit 02, ritsuko's mom in MAGI.
>>
>>160775020
>It's not literary analysis because it was too easy.

Yeah it was easy....and you didn't get it. Learning something about yourself?
>>
>>160775100
Okay then I want your 50 page analysis on why Shinji, Asuka, and Rei are in Rebuild on my desk tomorrow morning.
>>
>>160775269
Why are you shifting the topic so much, you dimwit? Do yourself a favour and start thinking, because right now you're nothing more than an animal that doesn't process or reflect anything more than it sees on the surface.

Let me help you:
- We have multiple visual associations with the original series, excluding the non-exceptional associations such as characters, places etc...
- The story from Rebuild does not logically or linearly connect with the original
- The characters and their backgrounds are radically different to the point of not actually being possible continuations of the original
- The Rebuild series itself makes no attempt to actually continue where EoE or NGE left off
- We also have characters that make verbal allusions concerning repeating events

Spoilers:
Because the Rebuild series is not an effective sequel of NGE in any way whatsoever, but still includes random suggestions that it may, the question and subsequent point is moot. The next question you should ask, "why include these associations if it's not an effective sequel anyway?". That question will lead you to your answer, and the truth behind Rebuild if you go further.
>>
>>160775617
>The story from Rebuild does not logically or linearly connect with the original

You know besides the fact that it does as proven earlier.
>>
>>160775797
>proven
This is wrong. I do not know why you've convinced yourself that it does, but it has something to with "lack of paying attention", as well as "lack of analysis".

Now try again.
>>
>>160775832
k
>>160773897
>>
>>160773246
We've had some really good /a/ threads on /v/. Last one was about fma but the god damn mod deleted it.
>>
>>160775617
Hey you should watch wolf's rain. It will help you understand.
>>
>>160775860
An association, a single thought, a single nanosecond.
Where's the analysis, retard?

>>160775901
You should attend primary school, it will help you understand.r s
>>
>>160775938
The analysis was done in a nanosecond as you said. Tell me when you catch up.
>>
>>160775963
It's a single association. Not an analysis. You're not taking into context Rebuild itself. Why do you insist on being dumb?
>>
>>160776012
I'm showing you physical evidence using a picture of the rebuild series itself. This really isn't that hard to understand my dude.
>>
>>160776066
You are showing me, a single comparison shot between EoE and Rebuild, which we've acknowledged earlier, but you've presented no analysis of the supposed "evidence". Keep in mind that evidence is not proof, idiot.
>>
Considering the last two episodes of the series says that alternate realities with the same people being different is a possibility of instrumentality (that vignette with Asuka and Shinji being childhood friends and Rei being an extrovert and new transfer student) I think this fits with the "but the characters don't act the same" thing that this anon keeps going on about.
>>
File: 1491320216752.jpg (40KB, 353x357px) Image search: [Google]
1491320216752.jpg
40KB, 353x357px
>thread was made on /tv/ originally
>thread is actually really fucking good

redditors better at discussing animes than /a/ confirmed
>>
File: XNMp7vD.jpg (1005KB, 2494x1800px) Image search: [Google]
XNMp7vD.jpg
1005KB, 2494x1800px
>>160776131
>>
>>160776233
Evangelion seems to be one of the few things /tv/ can discuss in a civil manner
>>
>>160776131
lmao no you actually have not acknowledged it at all. You keep skirting around it, please acknowledge the blood on the moon and then try and tell me it was just a clever call back or coincidence.

Analysis of the evidence? There is blood on the moon in the tv series that carries over to the rebuild movies. The analysis has already been done.
>>
>>160776269
These are the multiple visual/verbal association discussed here: >>160775617

Now let's focus on the blood-spattered moon, you dumb fuck. Go on, use your words.
>>
>>160776318
Physical effects left over from EoE aren't just "associations". This is the worst case of sticking one's fingers in one's ears I've ever seen.
>>
>>160771950
>We order them in bulk
Fucking gets me every time
>>
>>160776318
Ok so you acknowledge the association. Now explain a reason for it that doesn't end with rebuild being a sequel.
>>
>At the very last moments of her life, Asuka was finally able to reconcile with her mother.

Is this the most satisfactory moment in the series besides Shinji accepting himself in episode 26?
>>
>>160776310
>>160776474
>>160776413

see>>160776318
also, yes, this:
>Analysis of the evidence? There is blood on the moon in the tv series that carries over to the rebuild movies. The analysis has already been done.

is FINALLY a small baby-step beyond posting a single vlsual association. Like in the post made earlier, we have multiple of these. In your post there, you "conclude" that it must be the same blood-splatter as in NGE/EoE, which is wrong to conclude based on the evidence you've presented. You have evidence of similarity.

That they're the same bloodsplatter is for instance shot down by the fact that the very same movie ALSO shows the blood splattering on the moon from events in 2.22, refer to Kaji narrating Misato's background.

Now, read this and understand this: I am not positing that because the bloodsplatter has an explanation within Rebuild, it means that it's "not a sequel". Rather, read this post again: >>160775617

Do you not understand why you're stupid? How do you reconcile the fact that there are both similarities and gross dissimilarities? By analyzing the work.
>>
>>160776510
already had this discussion, see>>160771966
>>160771968

tl;dr no, asuka a shit, rei, shinji misato a great
>>
File: 481686.jpg (690KB, 970x1509px) Image search: [Google]
481686.jpg
690KB, 970x1509px
>>160771967
hmmmm
>>
he is a pussy the everyone died because of him
>>
>>160776591
We get it, you don't like Asuka.
>>
>>160776632
Classic Asukafag in denial response. This is why /a/ is so shit.
>>
>>160771968
>that's seen in the final scene
Oh boy, I wonder why she looks shocked and disgusted after the Third Impact happened and find out Shinji masturbated meanwhile she was in coma.
>>
Eva is to Anime like Twilight is to literature.
>>
>>160776545
>That they're the same bloodsplatter is for instance shot down by the fact that the very same movie ALSO shows the blood splattering on the moon from events in 2.22

Yeah i'll stop right there. When in the fuck do you see an explanation for the blood appearing in 2.22 within the movie.
>>
>>160776605
>le smug condescending hipster
god I fucking hate these shits
>>
>>160776771
>>
>>160776828
Well he said they weren't taking the high road.
>>
>>160776811
I just told you where, didn't I? in 2.22, in the scene where Kaji narrates Missal's background.

More to the point, you're still being absolutely fucking idiotic. Even if that wasn't the case, do you not see that the amount of things in Rebuild that don't match up far outnumber the things that maybe does" ?

This is why you're a moron, you're unable to understand and worse, accept that you've been tricked. These similarities and supposed links don't exist to actually continue EoE or be it's sequel, it exists purely to frenzy stupid anime otaku such as yourself. You're so busy circlejerking about supposedly being smart in suspecting a sequel that you're unable to see that Rebuild has no substance of it's own.

Read this agaIn, the spoiler part: >>160775617

It will never matter because Rebuild was never an effective sequel to EoE.
>>
>>160777027
and then proceeds to do so anyway
>>
I see it's gonna be one of those threads. Roll call, where are my boys LAK,filenamekun,fireposter and toilet poster at?
>>
>>160776310
You're not seeing the forest for the trees. Let's say we've got a dozen things that correlate with EoE, for arguments sake. There's far lest, but let's go.

How do you explain the things that are wrong? What about the entirety of Tokyo 3 being completely, entirely gone? In EoE that place was completely eradicated. Then large chunks of Japan was ripped from the ground. Why is Tokyo 3 still there?

If it's "magic" you're going to suggest, then well sure. Anything can be done with magic, but what does that mean for Rebuild as a sequel? When it doesn't work as a sequel because everything has changed or doesn't actually continue the original, we're actually talking about a retcon, not a continuation.
>>
>>160777354
Thread lacks asukafags, kaworufags etc... and that's why it's been better than usual.
>>
>>160776605
>Tries to prove his point that in some way or another Evangeline aint deep
>Uses marketing and products of said show to prove his point

How in the hell are those related in any way? or even make sense?
>>
>>160777691
Serious and deep things apparently will never have product tie ins. Japan has tie ins for fucking everything though.
>>
>>160777746
yeah thats one reason, and thats why i find his way of justifying retarded. How the fuck does pointing products of the show defend his point? I mean what the fuck
>>
>>160777041
What the fuck kaji never gives an explanation for why blood was on the moon. The only think i can think you are referring to is 2nd impact. 2nd impact did not cause blood on the moon because it was only a partial impact. Furthermore 2nd impact also happened in the tv series and no blood on the moon is ever seen.
>>
File: 480396.jpg (408KB, 970x1044px) Image search: [Google]
480396.jpg
408KB, 970x1044px
>>160777935
He does it to get a rise out of fans.
>>
>>160778038
It was that time of the month, the moon is most fertile during the waxing phase.
>>
>>160778038
You're missing the point. If that scene or not, you're failing to do an actual analysis. You just WANT it to be a sequel, so you stubbornly pick any piece of evidence and proclaim it the truth, while ignoring that Rebuild itself has done nothing to be an actual sequel to EoE/NGE.

Your lack of smarts is making you ask "is Rebuild a sequel?", rather than "why is Rebuild pretending to be a sequel?".

Storyboard for the scene:

C402I
赤くなっている地球
南極_かる血のりが吹き出している
リング状にも広がっていく
血のり

広がった血のりが
月に付く
しぶきも飛ぶ

The Earth turning red
Blood* spouts from the South Pole
The blood spreads out into a ring

The dissipated blood stains the Moon.
The splash/spray flies up.
>>
>>160771985
Why did he get a shitload of naked Reis instead of a single clothed one?
>>
>>160778223
So your argument for it not being a sequel is the fucking storyboard? As in not even in the actual movie? Get your storyboard to explain the rest of the image collage previously posted, you retard.

You're so adamant on it not being a sequel but have about as much evidence to back it up as the sequelfags do to prove it is.
>>
>>160777527
Ok i owe you an apology i could have ended this a long time ago by explaining the plot to you, I just didn't know you were actually retarded and didn't get it.

In EoE the entire world is destroyed. Everyone is turned into tang and the entire earth is primordial ooze (see picture). Now the earth is destroyed and turned to goop except for two beings a female and male...see where this is headed? The earth is reborn (remember death and rebirth?) shinji and asuku are adam and eve. The next iteration of earth is the rebuild series, well actually it could be several iterations after EoE. Now we know it takes place after the series because of kowaru and the blood stained moon which remained the same because it is separate from earth. blah blah blah the beginning and end are the same asuka and shinji are the final beings and repeat.

Again my bad i thought you acknowledged this obvious shit and were trying to refute it...but you seriously didn't understand it.
>>
>>160778439
Intriguingly, during Third Impact, the transition guides appeared to everyone around the world as a person they loved or trusted, their touch transforming the person into LCL. Aoba, however, experienced only a multitude of naked Rei Ayanami messengers, from which he cowered under his desk until he was touched, implying that there was no one that he truly loved or trusted. There is no known connection between the tank Rei copies and Aoba, so the reason behind this particular manifestation remains a matter of speculation.
>>
>>160778538
If you actually read the post and had more than 70 IQ, you'd see that none of what you assume about my position is correct. I say that it's possible that it is a sequel, but I also point out that it's largely impossible that it is, despite the similarities.

That's why the question is and has never really been whether or not it is a sequel, but why it's positioning itself to be one despite not actually continuing the original story.

Said scene in question also provides a explanation more palatable to Occams Razor, FYI. Not that I demand that it's the truth, but you probably don't have the attention span to read this far anyway.
>>
>>160778579
>this entire post

Congratulations on being unironically stupid. How do you think that anything you wrote actually had any relevance whatsoever to mine? Or even the point?

You're not seeing the forest for the trees, just like I said.
>>
>>160778604
I know that, I'm asking for people to pull their best guess out of their ass. It's fun.
>>
>>160778579
Subhuman ape detected.
See >>160778223
and also >>160778649
>>
>>160778579
>Now the earth is destroyed and turned to goop except for two beings a female and male...
There is literally no reason to believe that.
>>
>>160778223
This settles it. Anno is blatantly baiting retards into making a big fuss about it being a sequel or not.
>>
>>160778223
Oh fuck off that scene was cut.
>>
>>160778649
>I say that it's possible that it is a sequel
is that why you wrote "the Rebuild series is not an effective sequel of NGE in any way whatsoever"?
>>
>>160778579
This is the most retarded thing I've read in the entire thread.

>WE KNOW IT TAKES PLACE AFTER THE SERIES ENDED BECAUSE IT HAS SOME SIMILARITIES WITH THE ORIGINAL

Like, there still being a Shinji, a Misato, a Rei, a Gendo and huge Evas that look just the same would tip us off already.

Also, everyone could come back.
>>
>>160772006
>>160771950
The creator literally admits that this is not how the show played out at all and that he was merely making a joke.
>>
File: This_Can_(Not)_Be_Happening.jpg (255KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
This_Can_(Not)_Be_Happening.jpg
255KB, 720x480px
>>160778783
What
>>
>>160772076
>>160772147
>moved to /a/
Huh? What was the original board this was posted?
>>
>tfw my little comment about rebuild being a sequel led to 100+ posts of the most autistic shit i have ever seen
Anno would be proud.
>>
>>160779099
/tv/

It moved around post 70 I think
>>
>>160778928
>some similarities
did you read the post?
>>
>>160778908
Correct. You can make anything a sequel to anything else, but is that an effective sequel?

Now use your pea-sized brain to put together one and two. Rebuild has confirmed similarities with EoE and some dialogue that implies something has happened more than once, right? Even though all of them can be explained by things happening similarly, just like Shinji is still named "Shinji" and whatnot, or by other events such as the aforementioned storyboard.

So assuming all of these similarities are spot on, how would you explain everything that's NOT correct? For instance, how is it possible that Japan, despite being ravaged by 3rd Impact, still exists? There's a massive hole several miles deep where Tokyo 3 used to be.

What about the characters drastically changing? What about the story not picking up where we left off in NGE or EoE, but rather starting over again? What about the individual storylines of the characters as well as the general story itself not continuing it's previous characters, like a sequel does?

It's at best, a sequel that isn't a sequel. A sequel only in name, but not in execution or content. It's a sequel that could as well be a remake.

The question you then need to ask, WHY is Rebuild pretending to be a sequel while not acting as a sequel to NGE or EoE? You've been asking the wrong question all along. The question concerning Rebuild's status as a sequel has and will likely be even after it's over, unanswerable. That is the point. There is enough circumstantial evidence for the audience to pretend it's a sequel, but there's not any content actually continuing what the original established.

It's as much a sequel to NGE as the remade Star Wars cartoon is of the original trilogy.
>>
ITT:
Speedreaders pretend to know how instrumentality works.
Foilhats think thematic parallels equate direct sequels.
Autists dig too deep and mistake interpretation for canon.
And much, much more.
>>
>>160771938
>there are people who think shinji did anything wrong
>>
>>160778718
>How do you explain the things that are wrong? What about the entirety of Tokyo 3 being completely, entirely gone? In EoE that place was completely eradicated. Then large chunks of Japan was ripped from the ground. Why is Tokyo 3 still there?

I provided a logical explanation (the plot) for the "things that are wrong" that you pointed out. That is how it has relevance to your post dumbass.
>>
>>160779196
>still being retarded

Your """theory""" is utter garbage and only shows you don't understand Evangelion or storytelling. How many people need to tell you that it could swing both ways, and that most likely this "schröedingers sequel" is created precisely to enthrall dumbasses like you?
>>
>>160778604
I guess he was /ourguy/
>>
>>160772000
There's also manga where Shinji ends up fucking with causality or some shit and averting the second impact from even occurring. Everyone basically survives in a totally non fucked world.
>>
>>160779326
You didn't explain or substantiate shit.

>HURR DURR the earth is reborn
yeah, going to have to explain that one a bit more, because that's utter fucking bullshit.
>B-BUT DEATH AND REBIRTH
literally a movie title whom the principal antagonists overtly use as a metaphor for their own "resurrection of man" scheme.

Holy shit you are so stupid I pity your parents.
>>
File: 1501638388859.png (228KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1501638388859.png
228KB, 512x512px
>>160779151
Wait does thing mean the reason theres 20 eva threads everyday is because they keep getting moved from /tv/
>>
>>160779231
>how is it possible that Japan, despite being ravaged by 3rd Impact, still exists? There's a massive hole several miles deep where Tokyo 3 used to be.

Did you not read >>160778579
I explained it to you

>What about the characters drastically changing? What about the story not picking up where we left off in NGE or EoE, but rather starting over again?

Again try to understand the obvious plot see >>160778579
>>
>>160779480
You are literally the only person ITT who pretends that this post: >>160778579
isn't fucking stupid and wrong.

Your post has been debunked. You don't "explain" by saying "death and rebirth" and then claiming the earth is somehow reborn. Not to mention, even just positing your theory and not understanding that you're writing 100% fanwank makes it clear that you're dumber than a fucking wall.

How do you NOT understand that everything you've proposed could JUST AS WELL BE CONTAINED ENTIRELY WITHIN REBUILD? They even made a scene proposing how the blood could have gotten on the moon through second impact, which is by the way, radically different from how it was in NGE.

Even if it is a sequel, which it may very well be because writers can do whatever the fuck they want, it still will have failed to fill the role of a sequel, which is to CONTINUE the story! Even as a sequel, for it to be on earth or even in some kind of different reality, it would require massive retcons and introducing new things that wasn't in the original at all.

It's purely for rabid, insane and unthinking and uncritical otaku losers such as yourself. God forbid anyone else wanders into this shithole from /tv/, the natives are beyond salvation.
>>
>>160779430
How do you not understand something so simple....What in the fuck do you think happened after EoE. How do you not understand the blatantly obvious rebirth theme that the show was trying to jam down your throat the entire time. Why are you trying to disregard kowaru's obvious dialogue hint's.

I'm enjoying your desperate attempt to save face by saying it's possibly a sequel now.
>>
>>160776611

But Shinji's decision to prevent instrumentality and save humanity at the end of EoE literally says the opposite. If he was a pussy he would've just let humanity get destroyed instead he willingly chooses the path which he knows will lead to hardship for him in the future.
>>
>>160779031
Give me a single reason to think that only Asuka and Shinji left Instrumentality.
>>
>>160779670
Another post, not substantiating or explaining shit. You don't even understand what I and everyone else have been telling you, that Rebuild's status as a sequel on paper is virtually worthless unless you're an obsessed and autistic freak.

Try again, explain using in-universe concepts from NGE or EoE, how the Earth is "reborn".

or, rather than making a complete fucking idiot of yourself like you have this entire thread, ask the right question:

"Why is Rebuild pretending to be a sequel?"
>>
>>160779750
He can't, he's retarded. He doesn't even remember the dialogue explaining that everyone can come back, and he doesn't remember the scene showing people popping up from the tang.

Sequelfags are completely unable to think and rely only on the first thing they thought or felt.
>>
>>160779653
>could JUST AS WELL BE CONTAINED ENTIRELY WITHIN REBUILD?

Well then why didn't they show it retard?

>They even made a scene proposing how the blood could have gotten on the moon through second impact, which is by the way, radically different from how it was in NGE.

Fuck off with that cut scene. Probably some retarded storyboard artist that didn't understand first impact is different from second impact.

>Even if it is a sequel, which it may very well be because writers can do whatever the fuck they want

Weird how you are changing your viewpoint now.
>>
>>160771985
He is one of us
>>
>>160779670
Let me explain to you.
>What in the fuck do you think happened after EoE

That question was never answered in the original. In fact, absolutely NOTHING happened after EoE, save for in the imagination of the audience. The imagination, which is EXACTLY where your sequel theory bullshit is presiding. Your imagination. Wake the fuck up retard.
>>
You guys read way too deep into it, I'm pretty sure the point of Evangelion was that masturbating to anime is bad
>>
>>160779878
>Well then why didn't they show it retard?
Much better question, you drooling cuck.

The answer? To goad absolute degenerates like yourself into raving about it possibly being a sequel, amassing a shitstorm of epic proportions when fanboys get enraged over the idea while other fanboys rejoice for their own petty reasons.

It was ALL A FUCKING SETUP, YOU RETARD. How do you not understand you're being played? They drop hint after hint, implication after implication, never settling on anything concrete, always waving the giant carrot in your face.

Spoiler: You are never getting your carrot, which you have been chasing for OVER A FUCKING DECADE since Rebuild 1.0 first came out. You have, ITT, singlehandedly proved the genius of cynical anime creators who produce zero content and substance and make it's dumb audience persist on what is essentially air and imagination.

Ten years. Think about that for a second That's how long the Rebuild project has been publicly available for viewing. I and others have not changed our viewpoints. You are just finally coming to understand how dumb you've been. Your obsession with it being a sequel, or alternatively in other cases, not being one, is precisely what they want.

There's not enough to say whether it is one clearly, and that's their primary goal. The point is to keep the feeble-minded viewers such as yourself lost and searching, like a fish out of water desperately seeking to breathe, only giving it brief moments in the water. You are suffocating and you don't even know it.
>>
>>160779231
So we're back to square one.

You're saying things that are "incorrect" disprove the theory while ignoring things that are just way too coincidental to not be pointing to a sequel, "effective" or not, ie, the entire ocean being red (like the end of EoE), the outline of what is obviously a MPE, and Anno's comments about Evangelion and the Rebuilds in particular being about repetition. No one was arguing whether or not it was a direct continuation, your stupid diatribe literally started because someone said it was unarguable that the Rebuilds take place after EoE, not that it was or was not an "effective" sequel.

As I said before, you have as much evidence supporting it not being a sequel as people do for it being one.

Let's agree to disagree, this argument obviously isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>160779750
They are the only ones shown left on earth after the scene where you see all the people (crosses) leave into space. However it could be possible that there were possibly more people left that could be how they explain earths next iteration being slightly different, for instance mari's existence.
>>
>>160780127
Except this:

>As I said before, you have as much evidence supporting it not being a sequel as people do for it being one.

has been MY point the entire fucking time. It's so vague and nondescript that they can claim it's a sequel or deny it having any relation to EOE at all. They are knowingly not committing to either precisely because it will mean idiots like yourself will keep defending it being a sequel or not a sequel, therefore generating buzz and collectively with every other retard taking a stance, preventing any actual understanding of the work.

Do you know how bad it is? Even if 4.0, as shit as it's going to be, proclaimed itself a sequel, we'd still have too much unexplained or new that it can be dismissed as a pointless addon, not a true sequel that actually carries the story on. The discrepancies have become too great for it too work, and they must introduce some new magic concept to bridge the gap.

Conversely, if they claim it's NOT a sequel in 4.0, then proponents of the sequel theory will still be able to proclaim it a sequel because of the numerous similarities, or even claim it's a prequel or an "AU", an alternate universe, meaning it's still in the same multiverse. It's so bad, that they could claim it's a "dream" in NGE/EoE.

This is why they create a scene showing the moon getting splattered, but later cut that specific part out. It's why Kaworu's dialogue speaks of past similar events, but NGE or EoE had no such concept at all. It's to create discussion.

The only fact that remains is that Rebuild does not work as a sequel because it does not respect or continue the original story. Might as well claim Star Trek a sequel to Star Wars.
>>
>>160780109
What the fuck do you think I want? Them to explicitly tell me this is a sequel? Wtf no they don't need to do that. Instead they use these "hints" to explain it to the viewers because they can put two and two together without having their hand held like illiterate beings such as yourself.
>>
>>160780369
>This is why they create a scene showing the moon getting splattered, but later cut that specific part out. It's why Kaworu's dialogue speaks of past similar events, but NGE or EoE had no such concept at all. It's to create discussion.

lmao this fucking guy. So it's not evidence, it's just put there to create discussion? If this was true they would need to put in enough reason to doubt that it was a sequel as they did reason to believe it was a sequel. Sorry your cut storyboard isn't nearly enough proof to even entertain the idea.
>>
shinji was a retarded. always crying like a pussy
>>
>>160780421
No, dumbass. They drop hints and implications that may or may not be evidence of a sequel.

Do you not understand that there is more value for them to have the audience split up into groups that believe ether, than to have all in one united group? Do you not understand that it makes it possible for them to placate sequelfags and non-sequelfags SIMULTAENOUSLY? Thus creating confusion and dissarray, keeping people from demanding quality or substance because they're too busy quarreling about Rebuild's status as a sequel, WHICH NO ONE CAN DETERMINE AS A FACT AFTER TEN YEARS?

It's come to the point where NGE and EoE, a work which severely criticizes escapism into the imagination has begotten a pseudo-sequel which is completely reliant on it.

You want it to be a sequel, so therefore it is in your mind, despite the fact that it was never advertised as a sequel, claimed to be a sequel by any of the creators. It's a "secret sequel" and you're "in the club who knows it". That is the reality you want, and that's the reality you live. You therefore come into conflict with people who are understandably disgusted by the thought of Rebuild, a work of fanfiction quality as a sequel to a highly respected work. They want to be the "true fans", the purists.

You have exactly the same amount of hard proof: NONE, and your conflict will never end because of it. They (Khara) don't want it to end, because they profit by it.
>>
>>160771938
most pathetic mc tier list :
A - that dude from mirai nikki
B - shinji
C - that dude from re:zero
>>
Anno was showing us the way in which the individual is obligated to the society. It doesn't make sense to have to risk your life for something which you feel like you don't have any part of. But, as we find out, what you have to realize is that society is you and you are society. Without you it doesn't function.

All in all, it's more "Japan is strongest when working together". All in all, it's probably xenophobic propaganda. Work together to protect the Yamato people, etc etc.
>>
>>160780637
The fact that everyone has since Rebuild came out been debating it is absolute proof of my assertions.

>So it's not evidence, it's just put there to create discussion?
Not quite. It's there to prevent discussion rather than create it. It's like a series, consider LOST, which introduces more mysteries than it produces stories or tales with meaning.

Every moment you spend wondering or defending your theory about "what's going on", is another moment you're not being critical, another moment of you deluding yourself into thinking you're right.

You can claim it's a "sequel" because:
- You've found many verbal or visual similarities that you THEORIZE can be explained by it being a sequel

Meanwhile, non-sequelfags can claim it's not a sequel because:
- Said similarities could just as well be contained within Rebuild, and because no one has ever said it was a sequel

You're at a stalemate. This is the intention they have and boy, did you take the bait.
>>
>>160780763
>You have exactly the same amount of hard proof: NONE.

See blood on the moon, see title of movies, read any of kowaru's dialogue. Lmao yeah...no proof. You realize this type of planet rebirth plot isnt unusual right? eureka seven did it, wolf's rain too. I don't watch much anime from before 1995 but i'm sure eva wasn't the first to do it.
>>
>>160780936
adding to this post:

Sequelfags can claim it's a sequel also because no one has ever DENIED it being a sequel.

Arguing whether or not it's a sequel has always been pointless because it requires only one single watch to determine the actualities, that we can't say for sure whether or not it is a sequel. I believe that's what they're getting at too, the crafty bastards.
>>
>>160780936
Please stop calling obvious plot point's "theories." Please explain kowaru's dialogue to me, please explain the title of the movies, your cut storyboard is not enough to shine doubt on the blood on the moon, it was cut for a reason.
>>
>>160781032
The show tells you how it's a sequel, you were just too stupid to catch on.
>>
>>160780998
>>160781139
>other anime did it, that's proof EVA did it!

It really, really doesn't work that way. Other anime did also do pure reboots that had knockbacks to the original work, the same logic applies there. Not just restricted to anime this sort of thing either. Reboots and sequels exist as a fact. It has no bearing on determining whether or not Rebuild is one.

The blood on the moon does not prove Rebuild is a sequel. Neither does any of Kaworu's dialogue. You claim it's a sequel because you want it to be, not because there's good evidence. Be reasonable and consider the counter-points:

>Blood on the moon
Like the storyboard made by the actual creators, not some random on the internet, it could be a result from the 2nd impact. It is shown that massive things erupt from 2nd Impact in 2.22, why not assume there was more?

>Kaworu's dialogue
...speaks only of things that has happened prior. This may even include a "loop-like" event, but this can be entirely within Rebuild. There are no loops at all in the original either.

Facts are, there's less assumptions and magic required to assume Rebuild is not a sequel at this point. If it is a sequel, then all of NGE/EoE must also be true, and those have none of the concepts found in Rebuild.
>>
>>160781139
>>160781201
It's not a sequel. If it was, it'd be stated as one. Show me one single proof of the director saying it is.
>>
>>160781139
Your theories don't exist in Rebuild, dumbfuck. It's something you wrote online, not something that exists in NGE or Rebuild.

The cut storyboard was cut precisely to create insufferable idiots like yourself, Rebuild is knowingly depriving you of substance so you start making up your own. You delve into escapism, into fantasy to escape from the truth: you don't actually know shit and Rebuild has so far, with the third movie especially, stopped doing anything but pandering.

Plot points are in the movie. There is not a single storyline, event or anything else that is shown or proven to continue from EoE or NGE TV. The blood on the moon or Kaworu's dialogue don't tie with NGE explicitly. No storyline does.

Does Kaworu know Shinji from NGE, or a past in Rebuild? Is the blood on the moon from EoE or from 2nd Impact like shown in the cut storyboard? Even the CRC is part of the baiting and counter-hinting.

This is a game and you are being played. I am merely trying to get you out of the fucking matrix here.

>>160781201
More like, you were so stupid you bought into the "it's a sequel xD" sham. The point is that there's not enough evidence to say it's a sequel, but there's nothing saying it isn't a sequel. Thus the eternal stalemate begins.

Unless you recognize the true reason behind the sequel baiting, you're nothing more than a pleb unworthy of discussing Evangelion seriously.
>>
>>160781228
>Like the storyboard made by the actual creators

anno doesn't create every storyboard bu i'm assuming he probably goes over them which is why it was cut.

>why not assume there was more?

Why wouldnt you use your eyes and watch the show instead of assuming what could have been.

>Kaworu's dialogue speaks only of things that has happened prior.

So how do you explain this obvious dialogue "this time i will, at least, make you happy." are you saying kowaru came down from the moon before this met shinji and then went back up to the moon and somehow shinji just forgot all about him?

>This may even include a "loop-like" event

well yeah the entire point is that life, death, EVERYTHING is a giant cycle or loop.

>there's less assumptions and magic required to assume Rebuild is not a sequel at this point

On the contrary ive provided nothing but solid evidence for why the rebuild series are a direct sequel to the original. You on the other hand have done nothing but provide assumptions and things that may have happened off screen to provide doubt that the movies might not be a continuation.
>>
>>160781310
You want the director to explicitly tell you shit your suppose to put together on your own? Damn you people at /tv/ don't watch much anime do you.
>>
>>160771938
hes a little boy
>>
File: 64022052_p0.png (217KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
64022052_p0.png
217KB, 500x700px
>>160771941
Asuka only wanted to fuck Kaji though, not Shinji. NGE is not Re-take.
>>
>>160781705
You're actually pretending that "how you put things together" is the correct thing.

No you fucking moron. Let me explain:

He wants you to keep trying to put it together despite the fact that there is nothing to put together.

You've been giving a puzzle with not even a third of the pieces and you still pretend you have the complete image. You keep puzzling at a puzzle that is fundamentally unsolvable, and that's the intention.
>>
>>160781486
>The blood on the moon or Kaworu's dialogue don't tie with NGE explicitly

Except for the fact that they completely do. You have done nothing to provide any proof that they do anything else. The only thing you can do is make assumptions based on shit that isn't in the show to try and make a claim that it's possible it isn't a sequel. Well you may be onto something socrates there is nothing I can do to prove without a shadow of a doubt that the rebuild movies are a sequel. Even if anno himself came out and told us it was a sequel he could be lying. Hell maybe the planet is ruled by space lizards your right I cant prove it's not.
>>
>>160781897
Everyone has already solved it. In fact i held your hand throughout this conversation and explained the plot to you. It's your own fault if you still don't get it.
>>
>>160771938
>typical angsty and selfish teenager
He was a normal kid. If anyone is to blame it's the fucking adults who chose him over the twenty other candidates they always (secretly) kept on hand.
>>
>>160781667
>anno doesn't create every storyboard bu i'm assuming he probably goes over them which is why it was cut.
Good fanwank you've got there. What a lame excuse, it's not even an argument. Facts are that it's there, and it's superior to your fanwank.

>Why wouldnt you use your eyes and watch the show instead of assuming what could have been.
Not an argument. Using our eyes, we can factually establish that there is no more.

>So how do you explain this obvious dialogue "this time i will, at least, make you happy."

By accepting the facts. The dialogue is possible to interpret in a magnitude of ways, one of which of course, implies it being a sequel to NGE or EoE. You must accept that there is no de facto explanation for what he means. You may claim that it's because it's a sequel, another person can WITH EQUAL RIGHT claim that Kaworu is referring to a previous loop that isn't EoE, but rather one in an earlier time in the Rebuild setting.

>well yeah the entire point is that life, death, EVERYTHING is a giant cycle or loop.
Not an argument. You're fucking stupid.

>On the contrary ive provided nothing but solid evidence
Wrong. You've provided absolutely zero evidence that is solid. You've shown us things that may be evidence of a multiple things.

>You on the other hand have done nothing but provide assumptions and things that may have happened off screen to provide doubt that the movies might not be a continuation.

Look yourself in the mirror fuckhead. That's precisely what you are doing. It's an assumption that it's a sequel. How would we even get to Rebuild from EoE? Drumroll: By assuming something happened off screen.

Face the facts. You have absolutely nothing, and neither does the anti-sequel crowd BECAUSE REBUILD IS A BIG CHUNK OF FUCKING NOTHING.

You're a fool for being tricked.
>>
>>160781972
0/10
>>
>>160781744
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK2q0w_PLmw

really activates my almonds.
>>
>>160781914
>Except for the fact that they completely do.

Look kid, that is just not an argument at all. You can't just say "BUT THEY COMPLETELY DO", and expect to be taken seriously. It only underExcept for the fact that they completely do. lines how you have no arguments at all.

>>160781972
Then how come Rebuild is never described as a sequel by Khara, by Gainax, by any of it's writers, on any wikipedia, on any newspaper article, cinema or other institution providing information on Rebuild in an official or unofficial setting?

That's right. Because no one can prove it's a sequel. Only some hardcore loser fans can. Never caught on to how the only ones actually discussing Rebuild as a sequel are the few moronic fans? Never wonder about how any reviewer, literary critic or other person actually considers it a sequel?

I'm offering you the hand here. A hand to lead you into the light. The light where you grow up, act responsibly and accept reality, which is that no one can determine whether or not it is a sequel, because there is no conclusive evidence for either part.

There's no point in championing that "REBUILD IS NOT A SEQUEL", or that "REBUILD IS A SEQUEL!", because that very conflict is in itself a fake, a construct by the writers.
>>
>>160782014
He has normal kid problems but he's also a neurotic mess of anomie and alienation.
>>
>>160782098
>Facts are that it's there
actually fact is it was cut from the animation.

>Not an argument. Using our eyes, we can factually establish that there is no more.

Using your eyes you can see kowaru's dialogue and the blood on the moon.

>Not an argument. You're fucking stupid.

Well it wasn't suppose to be, you were actually starting to understand the plot.

>You've provided absolutely zero evidence that is solid.

Incorrect please go back and look at the pictures i have shown and try to analyze them, I know it's hard for you but please try.

>You've shown us things that may be evidence of a multiple things.

It's incredible obvious once you see the blood on the moon or read kowaru's dialogue i'm not sure how anyone could come up with anything other than the rebuild's being a sequel but please feel free and try and come up with one.

>It's an assumption that it's a sequel.

Incorrect please go back and watch the series/movies and try and follow the plot. What i have shown you is hard evidence of things that happened in the anime and movies. what you are providing is assumptions based on stuff that was not included in the anime such as the cut storyboard.

*hint be sure and make note of the scene in EoE where the moon gets covered in blood and the part in rebuild where the moon is still covered in blood.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>160782236
Is that Asuka's dub?
That's fucking terrible.
>>
>>160782331
>There's no point in championing that "REBUILD IS NOT A SEQUEL", or that "REBUILD IS A SEQUEL!", because that very conflict is in itself a fake, a construct by the writers.

This is wrong because there is plenty of evidence to show that rebuild is a sequel as I've explained many times before. Why would you waste money animating these obvious similarities if it wasn't true? Well i think you said earlier that it was just for discussion. What kind of weak argument is that? They show evidence that it's a sequel not to prove it's a sequel but just to stir up discussion? Please tell me your not this retarded.
>>
>>160782599
>actually fact is it was cut from the animation.
That is also a fact. Both are true, but your fact doesn't affect the point I and everyone else is making: there are other explanations. Explanations that come from the minds involved in creating the very work.

>Using your eyes you can see kowaru's dialogue and the blood on the moon.
Using your eyes, you can tell for a fact that EoE ends with three people on a beach, and fades to black.

>Well it wasn't suppose to be
Then save your breath. I understand every inch and millimetre of Evangelion better than you judging by the stupidity you've shown here today. May your posts exist forever to show the stupidity of the sequel/non-sequel cancer.

>Incorrect please go back and look at the pictures
Shown again and again to not be solid evidence since every piece of evidence has multiple explanations, most of them superior and less convoluted than what you represent.

>It's incredible obvious once you see
Not an argument.

>Incorrect please go back and watch the series/movies and try and follow the plot.
Not an argument.

See where this is going? You are simply obsessed with the thought of it being a sequel. You choose one of many assumptions linked with the pictures you've posted. That doesn't make it the correct assumption.

You have to grow up and accept the facts. You've simply bet on a racing horse that hasn't been racing for ten years.
>>
>>160782825
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR2v3E1Zwq8
it has it's moments.
>>
Reminder that Rei appears to Shinji at the beginning of the TV show similarly to how she appears to Shinji at the end of EoE.
>>
posts like these are so funny to me because Shinji has like, the simplest, least nuanced, easy to understand traumas and reactions that anime has produced. How do you think a 14 year old would react to being put in a feedback-generating war machine?
>>
>>160782832
>This is wrong because there is plenty of evidence to show that rebuild is a sequel as I've explained many times before

There is equal, if not more evidence ot the contrary. You haven't shown a single thing in this thread that hasn't been discussed to death. Until further evidence is presented, Rebuild is neither sequel nor reboot.

There's a reason that no one related to Rebuild, or any fan or generic wiki discusses it as a sequel. I and everyone else not insane will never accept your theories because they have no evidence, and like I've told you, this is precisely the point.

You mistakenly believe you've proved it's a sequel, but the exact same evidence proves it isn't. You will never convince a sequel-hater that Rebuild is a sequel. More importantly, you'll never convince me because I actually know the truth.

Kaworu's dialogue, the blood on the moon, all have more reasonable explanations that require less convoluted assumptions, without going as far as assuming a whole reset happened off screen while no one was watching.

Officially and unoffcially, Rebuild is not a sequel and you will just have to deal with it. Be reasonable, smart, and do the right thing instead of spreading your theories because it makes you feel good. Actually converse with people, and try to understand Rebuild.
>>
>>160782918
>That is also a fact. Both are true, but your fact doesn't affect the point I and everyone else is making:
First it's only you please don't try to say otherwise. Second my point is that my evidence is from the finished product. Whenever drawing conclusions from any medium you should stick to the original and finished product because that is what the author wanted you to see. Is it POSSIBLE that the storyboard was correct and the 2nd impact did create the blood on the moon? Sure but i would rather base my arguments on the source as it's what the author intended.
>>
>>160783032
Listen: Rei Ayanami has become unstuck in time
>>
File: eva2.gif (2MB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
eva2.gif
2MB, 500x333px
>>160783089
oh never mind I guess this thread has devolved into loop theory. /a/ should be banned from discussing eva.
>>
Come on, its pretty obvious that these "proofs" that rebuils are sequel are just coincedences and reusing of old content.
>>
>>160783113
>equal evidence showing the contrary.
Bullshit the only thing you have shown is the cut storyboard.
>>
>>160783353
Let's go further. They are knowingly using these references and word choices in order to kick up dust in the fanbase.

Because contentwise, Rebuild doesn't support itself as a sequel to NGE or EoE, having no character relation except in name or appearance. Hence why all theories imply a complete recreation, only it happens "some time after in the same way for some inexplicable reason".

It's not that it can't be a sequel, it's just going to be a sequel that's so bad and out of touch with it's prequel that it's entirely dismissable.
>>
>>160783438
A single story board showing thoughts from the creators, which is better than your thoughts as a fanboy with bias.

I'm not a person who denies that Rebuild is a sequel. But the evidence, as it stands, favour that it is not a sequel. If it si a sequel, it's a "secret" sequel. It's never going to be a big twist either because of how obvious the possibility is.

It's pointless, you personally and everyone like you, must accept that it's a sham. A trick of the mind to take your attention away from what matters.
>>
>>160783113
You don't have to look off screen to make the sequel conclusion just look at what's on screen. Kowarus dialogue and the blood on the moon.
>>
>>160783529
>It's never going to be a big twist either because of how obvious the possibility is.
It's not obvious enough considering we've had probably over 100 posts here arguing about it.
>>
File: miracleodds.jpg (142KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
miracleodds.jpg
142KB, 1440x1080px
>>160782014
They never had a choice about him. They needed Unit 01 and Unit 01 wanted him. Unit 01 was made to want him. He's the chosen one because the inventor of evangelions chose he should be important to the decisions evangelions would be used to make.
>>
>>160783441
Yes, exactly, it does not makes sense as a sequel.

This is the same Lucas did in his prequels - reusing his previous work to pander to his fanbase to get more cash.

Blood on the moon ISN`T a proof that rebuilds are sequel, its there to make fanbase go "WOW IT IS BLOOD ON THE MOON JUST LIKE EOE", there is nothing else to it, its bait for people like you, come on, stop being delluded
>>
>>160783529
It's a single storyboard vs the finished product which omitted the storyboard. Not a single storyboard vs fan theory.
>>
File: 1383547980815.jpg (43KB, 879x523px) Image search: [Google]
1383547980815.jpg
43KB, 879x523px
>Implying you would have done any better

Shinji is more brave than 99% of /a/
>>
>>160783580
Your theory is that something happened OFF SCREEN to facilitate Rebuild being a sequel.
>>
>Reusing old content to bait fanbase = EVIDENCE THAT THIS IS A SEQUEL!!111

You all got baited, guys
>>
>>160783680
Then why would they put the blood on the moon in conjuction with Kowarus dialogue. This argument of they put evidence of a sequel just to stir up discussion that it's a sequel just doesn't hold up. Because at the end of the day we are still left with evidence of a sequel, the reasoning of why is in there doesn't do anything to change the fact that it's there.
>>
>>160783618
Because dumb people such as the guy insisting it's a sequel ITT exist. Anno preys upon these losers. Look at how hard a time he's having adjusting to the realities.

>>160783685
Not the exact same thing mind you, while easy to criticize, the Prequels are just that, bona fide prequels that were advertised as such. Rebuild is never said to be a sequel by anyone.

>Blood on the moon ISN`T a proof that rebuilds are sequel, its there to make fanbase go "WOW IT IS BLOOD ON THE MOON JUST LIKE EOE", there is nothing else to it, its bait for people like you, come on, stop being delluded

You get it.

>>160783685

Both are fan theories to explain the blood on the moon and kaworu's dialogue. The difference is that the theory claiming it's from the second impact is an idea or iteration the creators also had and intended to put in the work, until they cut it because it was excessive. That's right, excessive, as in it let on too much.

The point is, as I've been trying to hammer into you all along, is that the "sequel vs non sequel" debate is 100% manufactured, much like red vs blue. It's a necessary component of maintaining a braindead but returning fanbase. By turning fanboys and girls against each other, Anno almost completely guarantees that none of them turn against him, because everyone is busy defending their own theory on a work that has no solutions, only meaningless puzzles.
>>
The last rebuild movie's release is going to be embarrassing for one side of this vehement argument. I can't wait.
>>
>>160784055
it's been going since 1.0 and I'm ready to fucking die.
>>
>>160778604
First watched EVA back in... 2003.
2017 now and I just learned something new. Never thought of "why" he only saw those Reis before.
Goddamn.
>>
>>160774613
But if that the case, Shinji should be able to split planets like walnuts with his. Autists often think conforming to society is just a meme.
And if Shinji is this bad but has no tysm, hes a fucking loser. On unparalleled levels. Like, "how is a human even this worthless" kind of terrible.
>>
>>160783740
The evidence is ON SCREEN nothing can change that fact.
>>
File: hsuRB4p.jpg (278KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
hsuRB4p.jpg
278KB, 1280x768px
>>160783988
>Then why would they put the blood on the moon in conjuction with Kowarus dialogue.

It's been explained to you dozens of times already. The blood on the moon, along with the opening of Rebuild 1, Kaworu's lines is there to entice viewers to believe it's a sequel if they want to. Because there is so little evidence, people who dislike the implications can with evidence and logic in hand, claim it's not a sequel and fully believe that.

Anno has created room for both desires to exist simultaneously. This is a pattern that's repeated itself all over Rebuild, Anno deliberately chooses to be amiguous with the Rebuilds in order to placate and control the fanbase where he wants them.

Kaworu in particular is given these lines because he's sort of the "teachers pet" at Khara, their goal seems to be making Kaworu more popular, and by giving Kaworu such an unique positoin, of potentially being a "looper" that also remembers, they are making sure people pay attention to the character. In fact, they are making it so that he's the only real character that matters since everything around him will cease to exist and repeat itself anyway.

Welcome to actually understanding the monster that is post-EOE Evangelion.
>>
>>160784023
>the theory claiming it's from the second impact is an idea or iteration the creators also had and intended to put in the work, until they cut it because it was excessive. That's right, excessive, as in it let on too much.

Wow nice assumption. Please tell me more about what the creators were thinking when they cut that storyboard, I guess you were there huh. See that's the difference between you and me, I'm providing direct evidence from the tv/movies you are just making baseless assumptions about what the authors could have meant instead of looking at what is right in front of you.
>>
>>160783988
>Then why would they put the blood on the moon in conjuction with Kowarus dialogue.

Because it is aimed at the viewer, its a 4th wall break.
>>
>>160784129
The evidence may be "on screen", but said evidence is also evidence for other theories. What you need, the proof, is off screen. Your assumption that it's sequel demands that something must have happened off screen in order to recreate the world from it's post-EoE state.
>>
>>160784225
>t's been explained to you dozens of times already. The blood on the moon, along with the opening of Rebuild 1, Kaworu's lines is there to entice viewers to believe it's a sequel if they want to. Because there is so little evidence, people who dislike the implications can with evidence and logic in hand, claim it's not a sequel and fully believe that.

Try to read the entire post before replying dumbass.

>>160784023
>This argument of they put evidence of a sequel just to stir up discussion that it's a sequel just doesn't hold up. Because at the end of the day we are still left with evidence of a sequel, the reasoning of why is in there doesn't do anything to change the fact that it's there.
>>
>>160784270
The storyboards along with comments, both on the storyboards and as figure texts are available in the 2.0 CRC. I don't need to be there.

You're free to accuse the 2.0 CRC to be a lie, now at least that'd be an interesting and new theory if you could back it up.

But pertaining to the point here, the issue at hand is that both your assumption and the assumptions of others are just that, assumptions.

What exactly makes yours more valid, save for the fact that you want it to be valid since it's yours? You have chosen one of many explanations, and no one can say for sure which one is the right one.
>>
The problem with sequel "Proofs" is that they are in no way direct and very loose, you can interpret them any way you want depending on what you want to prove.
>>
>>160784376
>Try to read the entire post before replying dumbass.
I did. This:

>This argument of they put evidence of a sequel just to stir up discussion that it's a sequel just doesn't hold up. Because at the end of the day we are still left with evidence of a sequel,

Is so self-contradictory and stupid it's entirely re-covered in my reply. If you want a specific reply to that abomination you wrote, then yes, that IS the point. You are supposed to be left with evidence of Rebuild being a sequel. However, the same evidence is also evidence for other theories, such that Rebuild is a self-contained loop that does not affect EoE at al.

The blood on the moon fuels the theory that it came from second impact, something that actually was included in the script at one point. It also fuels the sequel theory.

This has been explained to you by many people by now. Why you struggle to accept the facts is beyond me. There is no proof. only evidence which can be interpreted any way you want it.
>>
>>160784388
>and no one can say for sure which one is the right one
Which is fine. What I'm sure people don't like are the people arguing against it being a sequel going post after post saying the people who do think it's a sequel are idiots or have a "low IQ". There's civil ways to argue things and uncivil ways to do it and being so abrasive with your arguments makes people less likely to be accepting of your arguments.
>>
SEE?

>>160784388
>>160784519

These people fucking get it. Any of the supposed evidence materials can be interpreted in favour or disfavour of Rebuild being a sequel. Not only that, because there is no denial or confirmation of Rebuild as a sequel, fans are now poised to choose themselves, and quarrel.

THIS IS INTENTIONAL PEOPLE. It's one of the many tricks Anno pulls in order to avoid creating a worth reboot/sequel to Evangeloin with meaning. Because so many are busy contemplateing whether or not Asuka is a lesbian, whether or not Rebuild is a sequel or any of the countless pointless questions poised by Rebuild through circumstantial evidence, they are all failing to see the trees for the forest as it were. Is Rebuild a good work? Does it mean anything? Is it retarded?

People don't care about quality as long as they're pandered to, is the only lesson Rebuild has taught us so far.
>>
Since 4 rebuild is the last one, imagine how much shit is going to be shoved in with single purpose of making more cash.
>>
can anyone see an non-romantic angle to Kaworu and shinji's relationship?
also this thread restores faith in /tv/
>>
>>160784388
>What exactly makes yours more valid, save for the fact that you want it to be valid since it's yours? You have chosen one of many
explanations, and no one can say for sure which one is the right one.

Well since it was the finished product and what anno chose to convey i think that's a pretty good reason. Also feel free to provide anything from the CRC that you think refutes any of the points I've made.
>>
>>160784586
Yeah but if that's you, then you are an idiot and you have a low IQ. The year is 2017. If you haven't figured out that it's all bullshit by now, of course you're an idiot.

Why don't you smarten up and try understanding Rebuild for what it is? It's Anno's revenge-fanfic as an Asuka/Kaworu fan, and he's using every trick in the book to cover it up.
>>
>>160784694
It's going to be a 4 hour long masterpiece of cinema.
>>
>>160784664
I already said that
>>160784475
>>
>>160784519
>such that Rebuild is a self-contained loop
The problem with an AU theory is that we arn't given any evidence to support it. There was no scene in the rebuilds that explains the blood on the moon, however EoE provides an explanation. So no there is no solid evidence to draw you to any other conclusion OTHER THAN WHAT THE AUTHOR WANTED TO SHOW YOU which is evidence of a direct sequel to EoE.
>>
>>160784702
It's the easiest thing in the world, and you'll find that only dumb otaku into yaoi disagree:

Shinji is desperate for attention and will be especially moved by anyone giving it to him freely. He longs to be accepted and will attach himself to everyone that can give him comfort. This is why he goes to Asuka to please himself, as she's the one who can give him effortless release.

Kaworu is an Angel who is by human moral standards, utterly despicable and evil. He manipulates Shinji, he's his friend in one moment and sworn enemy in the next, threatening to not only kill Shinji but everyone else he might care about as well. He betrays Shinji and as a final insult, makes Shinji murder him at the ultimatum of destroying the world.

Shinji felt that Kaworu was as human as him, and wanted to reciprocate what he interpreted as Kaworu actually loving him. Killing Kaworu, the only thing, human or not, that said he loved him, destroys Shinji.
>>
>>160784709
You're getting further now. It took you a while, but you're getting there.

So why does Anno want to insinuate that a work which has no relation to the original story except in name and appearance, is a sequel? Even if it was sold as a sequel, then people would struggle to see the connection.

so

>what did he mean with this?

He means to confuse you and the fans as a group. When both options are possible, but both are desirable by different groups for different reasons, quarrels appear. Quarrels keep people busy and talking, while also neglectful of the glaring flaws his works have. The third Rebuild has zero substance beyond pandering to otaku, and focusing on shipping or sequel theory is a helpful smokescreen to hide the ugly facade.
>>
>>160784879
You can interpret his behaviour in any way
>>
I think digibro is right when he said paraphrasing "your enjoyment of Eva depends on if you can relate to Shinji" this is probably the best argument in the shows favor, at least better than the 2deep4u argument that gave the show a bad name
>>
>>160784664
If you don't already believe you have confirmation that rebuild is a continuation then you never will. I don't know what else what the they could do to show you other than anno coming on screen mid movie and explaining it to you.
>>
>>160784993
You're still going on with your condescending tone. For someone complaining about people having no evidence you sure are basing a large chunk of your argument on knowing exactly what Anno is thinking.
>>
>>160784870
>The problem with an AU theory is that we arn't given any evidence to support it.

The fact that Rebuild is advertised as a "Remake" gives evidence. All the differences between NGE/EoE and Rebuild implies it takes place in an alternate universe as well. The truth is, "AU" is the default assumption that takes the least additional assumptions to work.

The author, Anno, or any other author, is not an honest person. They want to mislead and trick you. Anno isn't showing you things simply because he wants to help you understand the one true meaning, no no. He wants you to be led into a certain position of belief, one of many, which he can then make use of to popularize and merchandise the produce the way he wants it. Anno says he and Rebuild is in the "service industry" before anything else.
>>
>>160784870
>OTHER THAN WHAT THE AUTHOR WANTED TO SHOW YOU

Or he simply wanted to show you blood on the moon because it was in EoE and he reused old content to pander to his fanbase.
>>
>>160785028
You can't really. Kaworu is shallow, but by human moral standards he is evil and despicable.

Same goes for Shinji, it's without any form of doubt that he's desperate after having lost everyone else either physically or emotionally. The very nature of Shinji's psyche and his insecurities about himself, of being unable of loving himself because he believes he's not worth of it is precisely vulnerable to Kaworu's advances.

Now whether or not Kaworu intended to be evil in the beginning concerning Shinji personally can't really be answered, but he did intend to destroy mankind, so it's questionable as to why he was so friendly with Shinji and then still decided to betray and attempt to murder him.

It's this behaviour that makes Shinji's breakdown and Kaworu's evil undeniable in the canon.
>>
>>160785217
>so it's questionable as to why he was so friendly with Shinji and then still decided to betray and attempt to murder him.

I was referring to this
>>
>>160785093
One doesn't need to read Anno's mind to understand what has been done.

Is it not true that what we've discussed so far is left ambiguous, and that the eventual answer is ultimately without value because the execution of either answer is lacking?

If Rebuild is a sequel, then it lacks a connection between itself and the original, as in the story's characters doesn't match up or appear as continuations of their original characters, not even thematically.

If Rebuild is not a sequel, then the characters are paper thin without any development beyond basic reaction to even more inexplicable plot changes.

It's a lose-lose, and the quarrel is supposed to keep you from getting to the point where you realize the outcomes of either.

Condescending you say? Nothing is more condescending than a sequel-acolyte patronizing the rest of the fans for "not being in on the sequel secret". A response to tone, and a deserved one.
>>
>>160785326
It's questionable as in it's a "bad, suspicious thing to do".
>>
>>160784993
>So why does Anno want to insinuate that a work which has no relation to the original story except in name and appearance

I've never understood this argument the overarching plot is the exact same. Hurr durr angels vs humans, death and rebirth blah blah blah. sure they cant focus on the social problems each of the characters has because they don't have enough time due to the format they chose, movies vs episodes. However this was a conscious choice why are you expecting a sequel to be the exact same as the original. The plot from the original is done, it's finished all the characters were fleshed out everything was resolved. Rebuild is a sequel in the universe sure but you shouldn't expect them to rewrite the plot again...well minus the first movie.

>then people would struggle to see the connection.
Holy shit that is literally only you.
>>
>>160784225
It also calls attention to things like the coffin being on top of the stain and not stained itself, Kaworu getting the plot wrong again, being the only one surprised he isn't essential to operating Eva-13 and that Gendo is tricky, and not realizing he was irrelevant to closing Guf. Part of the character is being a patsy controlled with lies about his destiny.
>>
>>160785392
>sequel secret
Nobody is saying it's a secret. There have been several pieces of very obvious evidence posted. You (or someone else with your argument) first started out saying it's definitely not a sequel and now you've gotten to "well it might be a sequel but it's not a good one". Maybe you're right that it's all misdirection but the fact that you've gotten to the point of admitting that it might be a sequel is good enough for me. It being a sequel would to me at least indicated that while it takes place after EoE that it isn't exactly the same, which would explain why there are small differences. It reminds me of the alternate universe vignette in the TV series' episode 26.
>>
>>160785054
Look at it this way, if a sequel is never said to be a sequel, if it's not advertised, spoken of or factually described as a sequel by any official associate of the project, do you have grounds to say it's a sequel?

It's sold and advertised as a remake. Why would one want to believe anything else?

>the content of the Rebuilds provide evidence!

Sure they do. There's also evidence that it isn't, and whatever evidence there is can also be interpreted or explained by events that don't require Rebuild to be a sequel. For instance, the storyboard provides a version of the events in which it isn't a sequel, but a consequence of 2nd impact in this remake.

So logically and rationally, we have to understand why they chose to imply that it's a sequel while also at the same time, providing so much material that conflicts with the original. The answer has been repeated many times before, it's just to create buzz by luring fanboys into thinking it's a sequel, to validate Rebuild as an entry in the EVA canon.

Even if it never gets revealed to be a sequel, that effect will persist, and fans of the original can still disregard the Rebuilds. It's like having two girlfriends at once, you're cheating both and not committing to either.
>>
I doubt that there will be direct answer to the sequel question in fourth rebuild, because this discussion is one of the things that heats up the fanbase and keeps rebuilds relevant, and as long as rebuilds are relevant Anno can make cash out of them.

Probably going to throw even more hints out there to sustain discussion.
>>
>>160785444
Notice how your counter is simply to excuse the problem away? That "they don't have time", or that "it's a different format" aren't valid excuses. They chose the format. They have had a decade now to actually create their story.

Truth is, that you're lending Rebuild more credit than it's worth. That's all there is to it. You're a fanboy unwilling to accept that Evangelion has failed. Admit it.

They have all the time, money and choice in the world to produce precisely what they want. This is Anno's own appraisal of the project.

Consider your own points:
- "The original was done."
- "The original had already fleshed out the characters."

Then why make a sequel? Moreover, why make a sequel where the supposedly continuing characters carry over none of their previous wisdom or current character arcs?

They are simply making more evangelion for otaku, by otaku, and by pretending it's a sequel they can trick otaku such as yourself into excusing them for NOT creating anything of quality. It's a hard pill to swallow, but you are enabling them to create nothing but shippingfests and waifuwar. You're largely to blame for this fanbase.
>>
>>160785132
>All the differences between NGE/EoE and Rebuild implies it takes place in an alternate universe as well.

Like what mari? I mean i'll be honest i have no idea why she is there but to conclude from that that it's AU is completely baseless given that we already have blood from the moon. I can only provide baseless assumptions on mari but perhaps a third person did come back from tang during EoE and that changed the next iteration slightly. Or maybe she's just there for fan service I have no idea. I can only draw reliable conclusions from evidence we have been given.

>The truth is, "AU" is the default assumption that takes the least additional assumptions to work.

Nope because again then you have to make assumptions based on shit that exist off screen (the storyboard). Where with the sequel you just have to watch the damn shit and draw logical conclusions based on what you are given.
>>
>>160785629
Piece of "obvious evidence" no official provider acknowledges, and pieces of "obvious evidence" that is just as much "obvious evidence" to something else.

You in your crazy zeal thought this discussion was about "sequel vs non sequel", when it real discussion was "sequel vs hey dude, smarten up it doesn't matter."

It's not just that it's a "bad sequel", it's also that it's functionally and effectively not a sequel at all. You can call it a sequel, but as along as the story or the characters don't actually continue from the original story in any discernible way, it's not going to be an actual sequel. Only in name.

This is simple stuff being said right since the beginning but stupid people such as yourself who were probably dropped on your head as a baby, simply can't follow.

Everyone who screams that Rebuild is a sequel is nothing but an idiot falling for an obvious trick.
>>
>>160785650
>or factually described as a sequel
By say blood on the moon appearing in both EoE and the movie? Or perhaps dialogue explicitly saying this has been done before.
>>
>>160785876
Not him but get real. The blood on the moon, Kaworu, Mari, they ALL have perfectly working explanations that don't require Rebuild to be a sequel.
>>
>>160785650
>There's also evidence that it isn't
Have yet to see any. So please share.
>>
The biggest thing is that, you know, even if rebuilds ARE sequel they are still AU because they have no continuinity with NGE whatsoever, its all just alternative history, even if it is a loop or some other shit.
>>
File: hanki.jpg (171KB, 448x480px) Image search: [Google]
hanki.jpg
171KB, 448x480px
>>160771940
If the roles were reversed in this image I might forgive it but, as it is, it's atrocious.
>>
>>160786016
Both of which are IN Rebuild, not an official description of it.

You want to interpret those scenes as Rebuild being a sequel, but no one has ever said it was, advertised that it was. Not in merchandise, books or whatever else have you.

The blood on the moon is more likely to stem from second impact, and Kaworu is most likely referring to past events in Rebuild, not in EoE.

See also >>160786064

>>160786052
See above, also see the bit where the earth and japan is fucking destroyed and off the map in EoE but somehow is there in NGE. Also see the bit where EoE and NGE has no elements of "looping" like described in Rebuild. Inconsistencies, things don't match.

Again, sequel or not, it's irrelevant because of what >>160786064 says, as well as the fact that if you aren't stupid you'd know that the sequel baiting exists to trick you into not critically analyzing Rebuild, but rather obsess about something unprovable.

Don't be a fucking sheep.
>>
>want to save the nice girl who is a clone of your mom
>your boss tells you to do it
>you do it
>the world ends
>"wow way to fuck up kid"
>>
>>160772006
But it is right.
>>
>>160786071
I know everything about Shinji's personality says bottom
>>
>>160785972
Like I said, your inability to argue without calling the other side names like a child is pretty aggravating and I only just realized that /a/'s bump limit is probably 500 posts and I'm not staying around for more of this shit. I don't think the argument has advanced any in the last 50 posts or whatever either. I look forward to new threads around the time of the last movie's release though.
>>
>>160782236
This was her just wanting friends, she didn't want sex. The seiyuu even said Asuka had no interest in Shinji.
>>
>>160786052
Because you're fucking blind. Majority of people ITT understand it fine. Rebuild isn't consistent enough to be a sequel proper to NGE or EoE.

It has a handful of possible similarities, which could also be explained with other theories including some that were actually part of the original script, such as the blood on the moon stemming from 2nd Impact. The rest are assumptions which are better fulfilled by assuming we're talking about concepts belonging to Rebuild.

either way, you lose.
>>
>>160786237
Its not Shinji`s fault, its all Yui`s fault.
>>
>>160785839
>Truth is, that you're lending Rebuild more credit than it's worth.

Woah that's actually what you are doing by somehow thinking anno is playing both sides and trying to stir up conversation by providing evidence of a sequel and AU at the same time. Problem with this is there is no evidence of AU. Fact is rebuild is shit and anno probably decided halfway through 2.0 to make it a sequel to EoE by splattering some blood on the moon and giving kowaru some obvious dialogue.

>Then why make a sequel?

easy money.

>Moreover, why make a sequel where the supposedly continuing characters carry over none of their previous wisdom or current character arcs?

They're just using existing characters to stir up completely new made up problems. It's just an easy way to make money.
>>
>>160786272
>Like I said, your inability to argue without calling the other side names like a child

Not an argument. I can call you whatever the fuck I want, while also proving you the fuck wrong, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it retard.

You deserve to be shamed and blamed for your ignorance. Fuck off and know that you were wrong from the start, and the argument has advanced enough to have you fuck off.

Your position was never provable, and only a retard like yourself would ever believe it sincerely. If you do not have the mental capacity to even ENTERTAIN the possibility of other scenarios, then clearly you do deserve to be called a moron, as it is what you are.

Eventually you'll come to understand, if not tomorrow, then ten years form now, that the sequel baiting was put there PRECISELY to mislead and use you, and not to create a legitimate sequel to Evangelion.

It's thanks to you that this fanbase is shitty and why good eva threads must be kept away from retarded evafans.
>>
>>160786430
There is no contiunity between EoE and 2.0 whatsoever, it cant be a sequel.
>>
>>160786033
minus mari everything else is explicitly there to lead you to believe it's a sequel. i'm sure you could come up with some crazy theory to explain it all but why not just follow what the authors intended.
>>
>>160771972
Except Asuka never really gets over her insecurities, stop with the fanwank. Does this look like someone who has solved her "attachment issues"?
>>
>>160786064
I mean i would call this sequel but if that's how you want to describe AU that's fine.
>>
>>160784112
Mostly because the amount of energy needed to produce an AT field of noticeable strength is best measured in the gigawatt range.
>>
>>160786430
I'm not thinking, I'm stating facts. Rebuild is not advertised or claimed by ANYONE involved with the writing of the project to be a sequel. It's said to be a remake.

It's also a fact that parts of the story and some visual elements make it seem like it could be a sequel.

Both of these facts coexist, and are very likely to be intentional. They didn't accidentally cut a scene which explains the blood on the moon, or accidentally make Kaworu use ambiguous dialogue. It wasn't intentional that the first scenes of Rebuild have a shot of the red ocean, and a landscape ravaged by the sea giving associations with EoE.

I'm not giving Rebuild credit in stating these facts. I'm pointing out it's shenanigans are there to hide its own lack of substance.

>easy money
You're missing the point. Why make a "new eva" a sequel if it doesn't actually work otu as a sequel? Because see above.

>They're just using existing characters to stir up completely new made up problems. It's just an easy way to make money.
Not a simple as that. They are making money, but they are using existing characters in order to change people's perception of them. Anno being an Asuka fan, and the new Asuka being some sort of super-heroine with no pscyhological issues or bad sides like the original is not a coincidence. Neither is Rei's comparatively weakened state a coincidence considering Anno's dislke of the character.

It's simply a pet masturbational project, and he's using tricks like sequel baiting and ambiguity to keep the charade going on for as long as he can. It's fading with 3.33, but it went on for a while.
>>
>>160786575
It lacks continuity between EoE and First rebuild to be a sequel. There is literally zero continuity.
>>
>>160786528
You don't know that Anno intends it to be a sequel, do you?

You know he baits it, but you also know he changed too much for it to actually be one. You also know he never said it was a sequel.

Result? It's not a sequel, but it could be. It pleases the sequel-retards and the non-sequel retards.
>>
>>160782236
good god that dub is horrible
>>
>>160786212
Again if you want them to explicitly state that it's a sequel they won't do that. They expect you to be able to put two and two together. there is no evidence to conclude that 2nd impact caused blood on the moon. If you watch the original series you will see the moon is completely untouched after 2nd impact.

>See above, also see the bit where the earth and japan is fucking destroyed and off the map in EoE but somehow is there in NGE

Yeah the earth was destroyed got fucked up everyone went to tang. Then it was reborn shinji and asuka were the only ones left adam/eve repopulated the earth blah blah blah they are reborn at the end of the new earths iteration because the beginning and end are the same trope.
>>
>>160786315
>such as the blood on the moon stemming from 2nd Impact
huh i wonder why that part was cut.
>>
>>160786519
Best argument I've heard so far
>>
>>160787014
Its truth. No continuity = no sequel.
>>
>>160786315
Its just a shitty sequel, while its a shame it doesn't acknowledge the events of EoE, the fact that LCL sea exists and Liliths head is in NERV's basement, proves its a sequel.

Kaworu even comments on it too "this time I will make you happy"
>>
File: I_really_do.jpg (171KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
I_really_do.jpg
171KB, 1366x768px
>>160771938
He saved mankind and his mother planned for that to happen all along, not him.

SEELE and potentially Gendo had scenarios where mankind ended. Eva 01 being an arc for mankind gives mankind a shot, and Shinji is the one who decides what happens. He choose to save mankind.

The angels were there, there was no way to stop instrumentality. The only choice was what to do with it once it began.

For fuck sake, people say Eva is deep only because you faggots drown in shallow waters.
>>
>when the only way to disprove the sequel theory is by changing your definition of a sequel
>>
If AT field is barrier of your Ego, that holds your soul and body together, then why dead people dont turn into LCL upon dead, since Ego does not exists after death, and so AT field should not?
>>
>>160771938
No cum bucket
>>
>>160779290
You're too cold, anon-san.
>>
>>160771938
Misato won't give him her virginity.
>>
>>160787464
It already has been disproved. I just reminded sequelfags that there is no continuity between EoE and First rebuild.
>>
File: Chardev.jpg (223KB, 1436x482px) Image search: [Google]
Chardev.jpg
223KB, 1436x482px
>>160786661
>I'm not thinking, I'm stating facts. Rebuild is not advertised or claimed by ANYONE involved with the writing of the project to be a sequel. It's said to be a remake.

Why would you even think that they would announce that it's a sequel when the fact that it is a sequel is part of the story meant for you to find out? It would be spoiling the movie before you even watch it. I'm fine with them calling it a remake i mean they are reusing the characters overarching plot etc.

>Anno being an Asuka fan, and the new Asuka being some sort of super-heroine with no pscyhological issues or bad sides like the original is not a coincidence.

Woah asuka was still fucked up up until 2.22 on the rebuilds. In EoE her character resolved her problems during the fight with the 2nd gen evas. The reason she is fine in 3.33 is that the current earths iteration made it further than the previous one so the rebuild asuka has already experienced everything that happened in EoE. Proof is in the picture
>>
>>160786723
So he intends for it to be a sequel but it's not a sequel got it.
>>
File: 22_C400_asuka-lonely.jpg (69KB, 708x540px) Image search: [Google]
22_C400_asuka-lonely.jpg
69KB, 708x540px
>>160786296
>impenetrable wall of jericho was actually penetrated
>lays down to sleep next to him in the middle of the night
>thermal expansion
>smiles when Shinji risks his life in order to save her during magma diver
>kisses him to """relieve boredom""" in episode 15 and intentionally prevents him from breathing in order to elicit a reaction
>accidentally confides in Shinji about her stepmother without knowing
>ep 22 "Why are you there?! You won't do anything! You never help me! You won't even hold me!".

If you think there wasn't any interest then you must be delusional.
>>
>>160787046
Yeah just cover your eyes and ignore all the evidence. Oh plug your ears too so you can't hear kowaru.
>>
>>160787671
....did you read any of the thread?
>>
>>160782236
>That dub
I feel so, so sorry for whoever went through Eva the first time listening to this garbage.
>>
>>160787671
Did you even watch them?
>>
>>160787790
So you doubt the word of the seiyuu and the creative team? All of which you just said could be said that she wanted friends, and the kiss scene was all about Kaji. In that very scene she was using Shinji.
>>
>>160787797
> and ignore all the evidence
There is none
>>
>>160788063
blood on the moon, kowaru's dialogue.
ggez
>>
>>160787959
Source on the creative team saying that?
>>
>>160788092
>blood on the moon
Consequences of 2nd impact
>Kowaru
4th wall break
>>
>>160787485
Presumably because in the Eva world the soul DOES exist after death, preserving the self in a limited manner. This is why during EoE people could be brought into Instrumentality after dying.
>>
>>160788139
>blood on the moon

why didn't they show 2nd impact creating the blood on the moon. Why didnt Second impact cause blood on the moon in the series.

>4th wall break

based on what evidence do you think he is talking to the audience.
>>
>>160788254
>why didn't they show 2nd impact creating the blood on the moon.
Why they did not show birth of every major character?

>based on what evidence
Same applies to you. Since there is no direct evidence that rebuilds are sequels, these words can be interpreted in any way you want.
>>
>>160771950
>female THOT lecturing based neckbeard
dropped
>>
File: eva destiny.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
eva destiny.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>160785217
>>160785326
>>160785439
Kaworu explains it here. It's his instinct as an angel to merge with Adam, which would ultimately lead to the end of mankind. He's not out to destroy humanity because he wants to. He chose to die instead; that was his only option.
>>
>>160788446
He died because he realised that since its Lilith and not Adam he does not have to do anything really since his goal is to merge with Adam, and talking to Shinji made him realise how weak and fragile humanity is.
>>
>>160788359
>Why they did not show birth of every major character?
because they only show things that have relevance to the plot. the fact that it's there and no other explanation is given for it being there besides a sequel leads you to only one logical conclusion. It is never explained or even hinted at in the show that 2nd impact could have caused blood on the moon.

>Same applies to you
Well i would think kowaru would be talking to shinji since he uses his name multiple times in the dialogue.

>there is no direct evidence that rebuilds are sequels

See blood on the moon and kowaru's dialogue.
>>
What's the point of rebuilds after EoE?
EoE was the pinnacle of anime
Rebuilds are full of the flaws, the only real improvement is the development of Rei and Kaworu. The rest is shit: Asuka, Misato, Ritsuko, etc. are plain characters compared to the original series; Mari Makinami is pointless (just a cliche character) and the story goes to shit after that 14 years gap.
>>
File: it all returns to core.jpg (238KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
it all returns to core.jpg
238KB, 1920x816px
>thinking it's blood
>>
>>160788531
Furthermore showing blood on the moon and not giving any explanation for it would be a violation of Chekhov's gun.
>>
>>160788569
or tang i don't care lmao.
>>
>>160787959
>So you doubt the word of the seiyuu?

Yes since the what the actor is saying and the actual actions and thoughts of the character that are depicted in the show are fundamentally incongruent

>All of which you just said could be said that she wanted friends
>hello my fellow 14 year old coed, I would like to break down this barrier, during the night without anyone home, while I am half naked since we are friends

>the kiss scene was all about Kaji. In that very scene she was using Shinji.
During the Areal mind violation sequence, after Kaji is confirmed as lost to Asuka, she see's Shinji standing next to Kaji and she says,

>"Why are you there?! You won't do anything! You never help me! You won't even hold me!".
Scenes of the wall of jericho and of the kiss are shown while she is saying this line.

Kaji no doubt appears in the sequence because Asuka has feelings for him and is an important person in her life. If that is the case, then why is Shinji there if he is not also an important figure in her life? Why would she say something like that while thinking of those events if there was no feelings for him?
>>
>>160788586
Red herring.
>>
>>160788656
>Red herring.
What in that scene are we being distracted from.
>>
>>160788531
>because they only show things that have relevance to the plot.
Characters birth are directly relevant to the plot.

>the fact that it's there and no other explanation is given for it being there besides a sequel leads you to only one logical conclusion.

If something is does not explained then trying to use your fanfiction to explain this is definetely not a logical conclusion.

>ell i would think kowaru would be talking to shinji since he uses his name multiple times in the dialogue.

You did not understood what i said. My point was you cant interpret his words as a hard direct evidence, because his words are vague and can mean many more different things, besides what you want to see in them.
>>
>>160788506
>he does not have to do anything really since his goal is to merge with Adam
How do you mean? He knew Adam was somewhere close, but he was given the wrong information. If Shinji let him live he would have eventually found it.
>>
Also it isnt explained that Blood moon is the result of EoE either, so all interpretations of it are equal.
>>
>>160788738
>Characters birth are directly relevant to the plot.
No they don't affect the story in any way.

>If something is does not explained then trying to use your fanfiction to explain this is definetely not a logical conclusion.

>You did not understood what i said. My point was you cant interpret his words as a hard direct evidence, because his words are vague and can mean many more different things, besides what you want to see in them.

Ok so kowaru's dialogue is there for the soul purpose of making a callback to the original for fanservice. Doesn't change the fact that in universe he said those things.
>>
>>160788829
>seiyuu ships Shinji/Kaworu
opinion discarded
>>
File: shinji strangling asuka.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shinji strangling asuka.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>160788106
2013 Saboten Con.
YM = Yuko Miyamura (Asuka's seiyuu) TG = Tiffany Grant (Asuka's voice actor)

>Q: Does Asuka really like Shinji?
>TG: Are you stupid?
>YM: No.

>Q: What was your reaction when you heard about Rebuild?
>SS and TG: Getting paid.
>YM: A happy ending but it hasn’t happened yet. I wasn’t happy with the EoE ending. Shinji and Kaworu married.

>Q: Who do you feel Shinji should end up with?
>TG: I’d say Mari but I don’t like her.
>YM: Kaworu.
>>
>>160788910
She stills know more about Asuka than you do pal.
>>
>>160788906
>>160788738

Sorry fucked up, missed one.

>If something is does not explained then trying to use your fanfiction to explain this is definetely not a logical conclusion.

It is explained to you. You just didn't pay enough attention. The show can't hold your hand the entire way.
>>
>>160788906
> Doesn't change the fact that in universe he said those things.

Every 4th wall break is said in universe, does not mean that it holds any relevance to the plot or universe itself.

>>160788961
>It is explained to you. You just didn't pay enough attention. The show can't hold your hand the entire way.

Random callbacks to previous works are not explanation. Face it, you are just inventing your own fanfiction that is based on author intent to pander to fans.
>>
>>160788920
>YM: A happy ending but it hasn’t happened yet. I wasn’t happy with the EoE ending. Shinji and Kaworu married.
>Q: Who do you feel Shinji should end up with?
>YM: Kaworu

>unironically suggesting that EoE should be changed to ship kaworu x shinji

this is why we don't take people's opinions seriously.
>>
File: Asuka getting in Shinji's face.gif (375KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka getting in Shinji's face.gif
375KB, 500x374px
>>160788628
She knows more about Asuka's character and is closer to Anno creative mind than you

The team even said asukaXshinji being together is basically raining all day (a reference to an old anime). It would never work, and their relationship is incredibly toxic and venomous.
>>
>>160789216
The creative team and all the seiyuu's that took part in the creation of NGE all kind of ship Kaworu, including Anno and Sadomoto. Even some of the animators.
>>
>>160789146
>Every 4th wall break is said in universe, does not mean that it holds any relevance to the plot or universe itself.

How would it not hold relevance? Are you saying shinji didn't hear those words? I mean i can't prove that it's impossible, but if we are talking about who is taking a bigger leap here it's you by a mile.

Random callbacks to previous works are not explanation.

Callbacks or not they happened in universe and now there is no other explanation for them. Regardless of anno's intention when putting them in. Although i think it's pretty obvious that's not what he had in mind.
>>
>>160776452
yeah that was pretty good
>>
>>160789254
Perhaps if didn't want it to look like Asuka had feelings for Shinji, maybe they shouldn't put scenes in the show such as the Areal confrontation that show otherwise.

>>160789341

>The team even said asukaXshinji being together is basically raining all day (a reference to an old anime). It would never work, and their relationship is incredibly toxic and venomous.

>Misato: For example, sunny days make you feel good.
>Rei: Rainy days make you feel gloomy.
>Asuka: If you are told this is so, then that is what you believe is so.
>Ritsuko: But you can have fun on a rainy day as well!

The message of the show is that despite the suffering that interacting with others can cause, the joy and happiness that others can bring is what makes life worth living. Saying even after something as fundamentally life changing as instrumentality that neither could have a chance to make things work is frankly an affront to the message of the series in my opinion.

I don't think shipping Shinji with Kaworu, who took advantage of his fragile emotional state by being nice to him, then soon after threatening to destroy everyone that Shinji cares about in order for Shinji to end his life which ends up destroying Shinji's will to live is all that better of an alternative.
>>
>>160790256
Hey man I'm not in this. I don't really care who is with you. I think you linked to the wrong post.
>>
>>160790350
who is with who*
>>
File: 12281666.jpg (32KB, 325x271px) Image search: [Google]
12281666.jpg
32KB, 325x271px
>>160771938
You're telling me that if you had the world put on your shoulders when you'd never wanted or asked for it, you wouldn't sell humanity down the river for your own peace of mind?
>>
>>160790350
>>160790384
>>160790256

I hit the wrong reply
>>160789324
>>160789254
correct ones
>>
File: naruto-animation-fail-o.gif (195KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
naruto-animation-fail-o.gif
195KB, 320x180px
>>160771938
Okay this BS, the mods decided to give me a warning for posting pictures off topic even though they moved the thread here from /tv/. What the hell
>>
>>160790924
To be fair there is nothing that indicates this thread was moved from other board also mods are fags.
>>
>>160771960
>>160771973
>>160771975
>>160771977
>>160771996
>>160772147
>>160779151
See?
>>160791071
I know they're fags but still it gets annoying.
>>
File: episode 16.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
episode 16.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
>>160790256
The thing about that though is Asuka wanted validation, this is very clear. If she did have feelings for him, she would have been worried sick about him when he almost died.
>>
>>160779290
>You did nothing wrong, Shinji.

She really wanted to get into Shinjis pants.
>>
>>160792395
Misato is a shotacon.
>>
>>160792448
>>160792395
too bad Shinji belongs to Kaworu
>>
>>160771938
He's supposed to be bad.
Thread posts: 403
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.