[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just watched the first 10 episodes of Cowboy bebop. I will never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: Shirley_in_Fate_Zero.jpg (18KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Shirley_in_Fate_Zero.jpg
18KB, 500x281px
Just watched the first 10 episodes of Cowboy bebop. I will never understand why this is a famous anime
>>
>>160552382
Normalfags and nostalgia.
>>
it was so boring i had to force myself to continue watching.
>>
>>160552382
It stands out more than the millions of 12 episode series with forgettable high school kids.
>>
>>160552382
Ameriburgers had it on tv or something.
>>
BOKU
>>
>>160553100
It doesn't stand out though. I didn't find any of characters likeable or interesting, they all seemed very predictable. It was just so boring and predictable
>>
>>160552382
why the fuck did she let herself get the virus
>>
It doesn't get any better. It's probably the most boring anime I ever watched.
>>
SHIZUKA NI MATATAKU
>>
If it wasn't for the dub I never would have watched it.
>>
>>160552382
The best parts were whenever the main story was happening (5,12-13, finale) but I seem to be alone on that.

>>160553401
She wanted to prove the research or something despite the dad repeatedly telling her not to touch that shit, i.e. she's an idiot. Kerry blames his dad for some reason and begins his life of self inflicted misery.
>>
>>160552382
It really wasn't that popular at all in Japan. It only was popular in the west because it was literally all they could watch.
>>
besides the lil yachty scene it sucked
>>
All the episodes that were not about Spike were good.
>>
File: F0lSuXF.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
F0lSuXF.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>160552382
>millenials
>>
>>160552382
great soundtrack/characters/animation/designs
mediocre and boring story and setting
>>
>>160552735
why would you do that? can't you just browse an anime list and pick something new if you don't like one?
>>
>>160555879
The problem is his dad showed zero remorse and told him he was gonna continue with his fucked up research. Dead Apostles are serious shit, Kerry did save a lot of lives by killing his dickhead dad.
>>
BOKU WA
>>
>>160552382
>fatefag
that's why
>>
>>160553366
Predictable how so? I demand to hear specific examples of events you predicted would happen before you watched them unfold.
>>
>>160557416
>I'm a retard who didn't know millennials can be in their 30s.
>>
>>160558652
I was waiting for it to get good...
>>
>>160560556
well? did it?
>>
>>160558771
they changed that from the LN
>>
>>160561133
not really
>>
>>160561160
what was in the ln
>>
File: fy.jpg (95KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
fy.jpg
95KB, 960x540px
>>160552382
Nostalgia
Western pandering
Music
Some genuinely great episodes.
I think that the people who just dismiss CB for being popular are equally retarded as the ones who hold it as the best anime ever.
>>
It was good when stacked against what else you could watch at the time. And it's revered in western fandom because of it being an early sub with distribution.

It's a solid 7/10 anime.
>>
File: 1381632286887.jpg (86KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1381632286887.jpg
86KB, 500x628px
>>160552382
>>
Same but with Eva
>>
I really liked it. I think it's so big in the west because it plays out plot-wise very much like a western live action show would do. It doesn't have a very Japanese feel to the writing.
>>
>>160561238
Kerry kill his dad before he found the cure for the common cold because the world wasn't ready for such advancements.
>>
>>160552382
Very western-like anime. You can show it to total normies, and they will love it. It's not totally ,,weird" like your usual anime is, so normies can digest it.

I never watched Cowboy Bebop sober, tho. Mostly on drugs. I guess that's how you are supposed to enjoy it. With a friend on a long night, while being high as fuck on extasy. The show does have message, and storytelling mostly is ,,show, don't tell". And fuckload of music. Cowboy Bebop definitely doesn't feel like anime at all.
>>
>>160553100
This
Dubs don't lie OP
>>
>>160562337
>Sub
>ever

Kys
>>
We need a cowboy bebop movie, starring Keanu reeves as Spike and The Rock as Jet.
>>
>>160552382
Something something 12 year olds watching Toonami.

Cowboy bebop was a flop in glorious nippon desu.
>>
>>160552382
There have been less than 2 dozen anime that really succeeded on American television - meaning they were played all the way through more than once. Cowboy Bebop was one of them. Some people think it's one of the few good anime ever made.
>>
>>160565655
If I remember correctly, they did wanted to make movie like that, and they DID choose Keanu Reeves. He was really excited about it, but alas, something went wrong, development hell. He is too old now for this.
>>
>>160552382
/a/ seems to hate popular anime but like old trash like eva LOGH and Cowboy bebop, even though those are popular as well
>>
>>160565658
Huh. Cowboy Bebop is a grandpa of Little Witch Academia. Not really suprising.
>>
>>160552382
Not always Entry level anime = bad anime. Cowboy bebop is a good example of that.
I know /a/ is hipster as fuck, though, and will never accept that.
>>
It has good animation and direction unlike Fate/Zero or any ufotable trash.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.