[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's pretend for a moment that Yu Yu Hakusho hasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Yu Yu Group Photo.jpg (776KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
Yu Yu Group Photo.jpg
776KB, 3000x2250px
Let's pretend for a moment that Yu Yu Hakusho hasn't existed yet but then becomes an upcoming show in the next anime season. How well or badly do you think it would be received?
>>
No one would stick to it, shounenfags would drop it after two episodes and SoLfags would complain about any sign of it being a battle shounen even though there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
File: why.png (143KB, 1333x279px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
143KB, 1333x279px
>>160493035
What are you doing nigga
>>
It would be treated like another shounenshit. In fact even worse since lot of the flaws of the series are usually overlooked by fans because "it was of its time" so the OP 1-dimensionalness of Hiei and Kurama, the aborted arcs, the loss of potential of Kuwabara, the powerleveling, the tournament arcs, and the fact it just feels like every other battle shounen (until the Sensui arc where it starts feeling like Jojo) would make people get bored with it quickly.
>>
>>160493146
It just looks dumb to have the answer in the question that's all.
>>
>>160493227
>Kurama, a former demon thief who hid in the form of a human intending to abandon his human family when he recovers but starts feeling guilty seeing how much his mother cared for him and even willing to sacrifice his life to save her but Yusuke saves him and became loyal to him.
>1-dimensional
What?
>>
>>160492900
dark tournament would happen and people would drop it for that tired cliche
>>
>>160493413
good ol backstory

too bad he doesn't really have a character apart from that.
>>
>>160493640
It's so weird seeing a moefag complain about lack of character. And yes, you're a moefag, only those use terms like shouneshit.
>>
>>160492900
Theyd say the same thing they said about it back in the day

Its a cheap dbz knock off
>>
>>160493732
No no for Ad Hominem here just comparing to more modern battle shounen. They tend to have more active and well-written side-characters than YYH (including HxH).
>>
>>160492900
Shit visuals, outdated character designs. Sounds like a shit monster of the week setting. Not watching this shit.
>>
>>160492900

Depends, has Hunter X Hunter already existed?
>>
>>160493640
I can write a whole essay on Kurama if I need. But anyways, if you want more, he's the calm, intelligent member of the group, due to all those experience as a thief. Because of this, he often takes the cautious approach in contrast with the others, having confidence in his wit as well as generally being the voice of wisdom.

We also see how his past affects him later, understanding what it means to live in secrecy. Also, living double lives can have him torn between personas.
>>
>>160493996
I wonder how the existence of HxH would affect the feedback of YYH actually. If it's advertised as a new work but shorter work by Togashi, it might gain some hype.
>>
>>160493227
Hiei has the most development out of the 4
>>
>>160493732
Retarded moefags just can't face the truth that their whole genre hardly if ever has any artistic contributions so they have to take it out on all the other genres.
>>
File: 1499285705273.png (284KB, 480x360px)
1499285705273.png
284KB, 480x360px
>>160492900
Dope, I've been wanting an old school shounen that was hand drawn.
>>
>>160494404
>Shounen and moe are genres
>>
>>160494578
might as well be
>>
>>160494578
Well moefags obsess over the moe slice of life genre just as shounenfags obsess over the battle shounen genre.
>>
/a/ would probably ignore it.
>>
The first season was shit. It didn't even get good at all until a real animator came in halfway through the second season
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.