[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>perfect design >interesting gimmick weapon >strong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 13

File: 1500375327414.jpg (26KB, 342x438px) Image search: [Google]
1500375327414.jpg
26KB, 342x438px
>perfect design
>interesting gimmick weapon
>strong pilot
What went wrong?
>>
Stuck in a shit series, that's what went wrong. Same for Vidar too, and the Schwalbe Graze, which was the best graze.
>>
>>160419532

it was piloted by a yakuza mook slash bodyguard of an idiot who was under the employ of the main villain
>>
>>160419532
Dainsleifs.
>>
>>160419700
>Giant Robot anime
>have conventional weapons be overpowered
Why even make the giant robots in-universe then?
>>
>>160419736
For real, they could have just made flying tanks armed with Dainsleifs.
>>
>>160419532
it looks like a dwarf
>>
>>160419736
They literally say: Gundams were designed to destroy mobile armor. Dansliefs are good at destroying mobile suits, but with Gjallarhorn the only serious MS operator, they outlawed them. You don't need railguns to keep the peace.
>>
>>160419950
Which is dumb because they could just fire Dansliefs at mobile armors from orbit.
>>
File: 55977001.png (328KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
55977001.png
328KB, 600x700px
>>160419532
they killed best girl and ruined everything
>>
>>160419532
the design wasn't perfect
the weapon gimmick wasn't interesting
the pilot was a poor man setsuna
the drama was retarded
the cast was unlikeable, outside of fumitan and season 1 mcgillis
fumitan died for no fucking reason
season 2 ruined mcgillis
implict and explicit homosexuality
lackluster ost

the only good thing about this show was how, in some very rare moments, they actually captured well the drama poor people go through (when mika helped the starving atra and when kudelia went to the slums and tried to feed the hobos on candy). beyond those, the show was just utter shit

vidar and bael looked interesting too. but bael did jack shit, which in retrospect, completely ruined the design for me

the last good gundam was still 00 season 1 and by the looks of it, that will never change. at least there was no UNDERSTANDING garbage this time
>>
>>160419991
Gjallarhorn ruled the solar system
They hoarded and outlawed certain technology to prevent it being used against them.
They had 0 reason to ever let those weapons potentially enter circulation since any space pirate could sink Gjallarhorn flagships with them. So they were gathering dust in a sealed Gjallarhorn storage area somewhere for decades and even the creation of the ammo was forbidden.
>>
File: Carta the fox woman.png (205KB, 514x600px) Image search: [Google]
Carta the fox woman.png
205KB, 514x600px
>>160420012
F;_;
>>
>>160420321
I expected Macgills using Bael powers to control the mobile armors
Also Macgills was a seriuos guy in S1. In S2 he was full retard about MUH BAEL ( expected him aware about some Bael gimmick)
>>
>>160420936
the writer was clearly doing some fanfiction tier shit with the whole garma/char thing. the management for gundam is just shit now. they have the money and the animators to create a good series, but they can't manage their resources for shit. it will never recover imo
>>
>>160419532
The director fucked it up.
No seriously, that's the actual true reason.
>>
File: 1488716826472.jpg (118KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1488716826472.jpg
118KB, 550x550px
>mari okada
>>
Honestly I think S2 was the issue. Writing seemed in over their own heads, at times. Like introducing a new Gundam, only for it to be destroyed in the very next arc.

Or McGillis.
>>
It got beaten by worst character
The villain won
>>
>>160422196
S2 was definitely a step down from S1, not that S1 ranks well among the Gundam series anyway.
>>
>>160422196
s1 was shit too. s2 was just straight up fanfiction tier garbage (eg >>160421480 >>160421065)
>>
File: 1487527756769.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1487527756769.webm
1MB, 960x540px
McGillis was just as much a retard in S1. He could have turned Carta and Gaelio to his side, instead he gives his retarded speech about having lived in anger and fucks himself Like Iznario fucked him

S2 > S1, Kudelia a shit
>>
File: 1488748584759.jpg (110KB, 835x1182px) Image search: [Google]
1488748584759.jpg
110KB, 835x1182px
>>160422243
What are you talking about the good guys won and got their fairy tale ending. Based Meatman defeated the terrorist Choco and Tekkadan, made democracy, and became the first president. Julietta is being groomed to be the next president and is the heir to the Meat fortune. Gaelio protected his imouto's virginity, has a cute girlfriend, and is back to being the lighthearted guy he used to be.
>>
>>160419532
Okada happened.
>>
>>160419532
Shoudlve used Bael as the pic instead of Lupus Rex
>>
File: LxwZQvq.jpg (404KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LxwZQvq.jpg
404KB, 1280x720px
>>160424110
was hilarious how he went muh Bael then dropped a brick in his pants when he saw the wall of railguns aiming at him
>>
>>160419532
What's the point in a gundam series without beam weapons or newtypes?
>>
>>160424742
One of the things I enjoyed about IBO was no beam weapons. The battles were far better this way
>>
>>160424742
Whats the point in mobile suits if all you do is beam rifle spam? If thats what the end game is then you might as well attach said beam weapons to probes. Way smaller, more agile and dont have to be manned with a pilot. Also economically smarter to make use of them instead. Beam rifle spam is gundams biggest problem because it makes the Gundams existence illogical. Theres no military purpose to them anymore.
>>
>>160424881
>If thats what the end game is then you might as well attach said beam weapons to probes.
That's what bits are.
>>
File: OTP.jpg (110KB, 1024x1151px) Image search: [Google]
OTP.jpg
110KB, 1024x1151px
He gave his body to Atra, but his heart belonged to Orga
>>
>>160420321
Imagine being this retard, this wrong and having such a shit taste. Do yourself a favor and end your life, bro.
>>
>>160424881
>dont have to be manned with a pilot

What are Minovsky Particles?
>>
>>160426942
Splendid job at missing the point.
>>
Graze > Barbaby

Every future iteration of barbatos looked worse too. Mika is also a garbage pilot, who wouldn't be able to win a fight without the allah vagina system.
>>
>>160425617
>tfw Mika was just a sperm donor for Atra and Kudelia
Can't believe Okada got away with it.
>>
File: Setsuna studies.png (222KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna studies.png
222KB, 800x450px
>>160419532
The problem was that the director wanted to leave his mark on Gundam by being as edgy as possible, while forgetting that a show needs to have interesting characters.
Even a shitty plot can be saved by good characters, but he fucked up on both counts.

What's worse is that he didn't even seem to understand his characters despite writing them.
He believed that Tekkadan were the bad guys and deserved death, but failed to make the viewers convinced of that sentiment in any way.

Gundam IBO had a lot of potential and a very interesting world, yet everything was squandered for the sake of telling a story that only made sense to the director.
>>
>>160419532
Went with a midget instead of gats

Pilot had no actual personality beyond me kill stuff , me no understand things, unga bunga.

Spent 90% of the plot doing stuff that has nothing to do with anything and lead nowhere

The demon armor thing, the actual faustian deals they make with the things called monsters mobile suits to defeat an even greater more terrible monster called mobile armors.
The fact that you can only even pilot them good enough to even survive in battle against the fucking things by giving up your humanity by undergoing a very deadly procedure, and the most powerful and dedicated became just Robocop like brains and nervous systems grafted into the gundams.
The difference between the canned black box cpu controlled gundam pilots and the cyberrized pilots...
I honestly wished that after the war the gundam pilots who were fully integrated into their gundams went into a cold sleep till cloning was far enough along to give them new bodies or they just started going fucking crazy/were woken up when some mobile armors awoke on mars.

Also wished that the mobile armors were terraforming machines that were weaponized in a civil war between earth and mars and they went out of control and started killing everyone. Leading to Mars losing horribly and becoming the slave bitch of the earthlings
That the barbatos, a marsian earthling creation that they found was the one that actually won the war.
Needed freedom fighitng space pirates, and rape. Lots o rape. Heterosexual rape this time.

>>160420936
This. I was also hoping that Macgilis found something else in there. The actual, or at least what was left of, Agnika Kaieru. Basically a ghost in the machine.
Was also hoping the fairly simple looking machine had Gundam Unicorn type transformation capabilities and was horribly fast powerful and was the only machine that could use an energy canon.
>>
>>160423354
>>160421480
Surprisingly Nagai was at fault, not Okada.
>>
>>160419532
What's up with this show?
It wasn't any worse then Seed or 00, yet people shit on it while still saying those two are worth watching.
The story isn't perfect, but the music and Gundam design is some of my favorite in the entire franchise.
>>
>>160419532
I watched the first season and never got around to the second season. I really liked what I saw, how did it drop the ball?
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 864x1195px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 864x1195px
What went so right?
>>
>>160427832
Okada alone would've been bad, just in a different way. I'm looking forward to her directorial debut just to see how much of a trainwreck it is.
>>
>>160428144
second season was better. They're just butthurt Rustal won and Shino committed suicide after missing the game winning shot
>>
>>160428083
it's on par with SEED Destiny, as its characters were terrible and the plot was nonsensical and poorly paced (mostly in S1). a lot of people defend it saying "it's supposed to show war in its shades of grey as there's no villian". I ended up watching it hoping that more of tekkadan would die, but then most of them survived.

Like what was the point of Hush's character outside of being Mika's wheelchair? He had a promising origin story and I thought he'd become a decent pilot, then nothing happened and he died.
>>
>>160428255
According to this thread, it was shit because anything with beamspam is shit.
>>
>>160428298
Shino should have missed because a Graze took the hit or because Rustal was in a different ship; not because of a totally bullshit last minute toss that was from fuckoff distance and not even aimed.
>>
>>160419991
They did. Dansliefs were created towards teh end of the clamity war. They were outlawed after they believed all the MAs were destroyed.
>>
>>160427751
>Pilot had no actual personality beyond me kill stuff , me no understand things, unga bunga.
I always thought that a protagonist that's like "I don't care about your nonsense" would be the coolest, but this show proved me super wrong because Mika's complete lack of reaction to anything wasn't all that interesting to watch.
>>
>>160428561
It can work. Hero was a hilariously stoic demigod in the opening episodes of Wing.
>>
>>160428144
Second season was better up until the end of the Mobile Armor arc, which dragged its feet a bit. From there though it just shits the bed continuously in nearly every way imaginable. Also by having McGillis go full retard and not actually have a plan, he's just an orphan who got bought as a fuck toy and touched by a child diddler causing him to hate the world and think that if he got "Muh Bael" everyone would have to listen to him and make him defacto king because of some old outdated law. Orga meanwhile goes full retard with this "King of Mars" crap and lets himself be led around by the nose by everyone. And then in the end the antagonists manipulate the media and use illegal weapons with no reproductions and pin everything on Tekkadan while taking all the glory for themselves, but it's somehow okay because they were sectretly decent people and established a super democracy where everything is better in the end.
>>
>>160419532
Sieg Zeon
>>
File: 301374.jpg (26KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
301374.jpg
26KB, 225x350px
>>160428561
I loved his autism is spoke like poetry to me.
>Macky:That is the mobile armor a weapon of mass destruction that wiped out a quarter of humanity back in the olden days when it was still active, It is literally made ti kill as many humans as possible.
>What do you make of it Mikazuki?
>Mika:It's fucking beautiful mate
I loved that little murderhobo I really did, but that is just me.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.