[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is the best? HunterxHunter or My Hero Academia? V

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 21

File: old vs new.jpg (186KB, 1474x512px) Image search: [Google]
old vs new.jpg
186KB, 1474x512px
Which one is the best?
HunterxHunter or My Hero Academia?

Vote: http://www.strawpoll.me/13557419
>>
>>160394755
Gon in the 1999 anime. 2011 design is legit trash
>>
Deku wears autism shoes.
>>
Anime design: Umakoshi >>> literally who? 2011 design
>>
>>160394755
What is that thing on the right?
>>
>>160394903
autism/ muh deconstruction
>>
>>160394865
Deku is flexing on everyone with those shoes
>>
>>160394865
practicality > appearance
>>
>>160394936
no that's on the left
>>
>>160394903
a tree
>>
HxH is more grimdark, MHA is more lighthearted but still action packed and even emotional. I think HxH characters have interesting backstories while MHA characters have interesting personalities.
>>
File: 1489525002549.jpg (45KB, 387x337px) Image search: [Google]
1489525002549.jpg
45KB, 387x337px
>>160395099
>MHA
>emotional
>interesting personalities
>>
I still don't understand gon's hair. Are those supposed to be green tips that get dyed in? Or is all of his hair a really dark green color and the lighter bits around the edge are just light shining through, making it appear lighter?
>>
>>160395412
i always thought it was shading
>>
>>160394755 more like boku no pico acamedia amirite?
>>
>>160394755
Only Chrollofags (Redditors) say My Hero Academia.
>>
File: maybe its maybelliene.png (182KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
maybe its maybelliene.png
182KB, 500x500px
>>160395412
looks fine to me
>>
File: gon.jpg (92KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
gon.jpg
92KB, 500x250px
>>160395412
>>
>>160395786
can't wait for hisocucks to kill themselves after the clown gets blown to pieces
>>
>>160395915
Togashi already confirmed that Hisoka isn't going to die until Chrollo dies, you sad little redditor
>>
>>160395915
Can't wait for Chrollocucks to kill themselves when he's inevitably going down by Kurapika or Hisoka
>>
>>160396038
/thread
>>
>>160396038
Probably not Hisoka as they already had their fight and the clown lost. Kurapika maybe but I feel there's going to a dramatic upset with Chrollo's death. Whether it's on the hundred year (2 day) boat ride or on the Dark Continent.
>>
O MY USELESS QUIRK
>>
>>160394755
gon's hair is kind of simplistic, as is the rest of his design
>>
>>160394755
Not for Deku though
>>
>>160394936
what? who claims that it is? It plays typical shounen, just this one time done right
>>
i think they both have their good points, personally i like hxh more. but maybe bha will get better iunno?

i'm real picky with my battle manga but bha was a pleasant surprise!
>>
>>160394755
Where did this rivalry come from? Aside from being pubished in the same magazine, they are very different. Adventure manga vs battle shonen, scribbles vs good art, 'once in a blue moon' vs weekly, grimdark vs lighthearted with a hint of realism, disregarding tropes vs doing them right etc. Did HxH fans just give up ever competing with One Piece?
>>
Why are you comparing the two? For what reason? Both do what they do in their own way. Are you trying to start a flamewar?
>>
>>160394755
The only manga that can be compared with hiatusxhiatus on WSJ is one piss.
>>
>>160398302
So you're saying I should watch OP anime instead of BnHA?
>>
File: shoe fits.png (272KB, 384x400px) Image search: [Google]
shoe fits.png
272KB, 384x400px
>>160394865
You say that, but has Gon's shoes ever gotten a vote in two separate popularity contests?
>>
Both are good, but mha is honestly just another shonen with a straight classical plot i would say it is generi and even boring sometimes , midorya as a character is good tho, and humour is top notch escpecially in the anime .
>>
File: 1498891985259.jpg (527KB, 932x1343px) Image search: [Google]
1498891985259.jpg
527KB, 932x1343px
>>160398379
You should read OP and BnHA. You may read Hiatus X Hiatus, but it's entirely up to Togashi's laziness if you will be able to.
>>
>>160394865
He looks like a videogame mascot from the 80s with shoes that big
>>
>>160395099
MHA is emotional to people who cry to Pokemon.

>interesting characters
Fuck no, they're bland as shit.
>>
File: 7da.jpg (66KB, 680x777px) Image search: [Google]
7da.jpg
66KB, 680x777px
>>160394755
Hero Academia has much better designs and art

HxH is only good if you watch the 99 version and greed island.

if that's all I saw of HxH I'd maybe say its, better, but everything after greed island made me decide I don't really mind it going on infinite hiatus
>>
>>160394755
Hunter x Hunter anime > My Hero Academia Manga > My Hero Academia anime = Hunter x Hunter manga
>>
>>160399343
>Hero Academia has much better designs and art
NO
>>
File: gon character development.jpg (649KB, 1280x2455px) Image search: [Google]
gon character development.jpg
649KB, 1280x2455px
>That feel when you try again
>That feel when you can't smile again
>>
>>160394755
HxH is the single most overrated thing I have ever read, if I had to make a retarded analogy about how overrated it is I think I'd say it's the Kobe Bryant of manga
>>
File: youcansmilleeeeeeagaaaaiiinnnn.jpg (41KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
youcansmilleeeeeeagaaaaiiinnnn.jpg
41KB, 500x400px
>>160401097
>>
>>160400969
hxh are really generic though
>>
>>160398127
HxHfags love nothing more than to endlessly shovel in the shit of Togashi whenever he deigns to defecate in their direction, which isn't often. Solely because HxH had 1 good arc and 2 alright ones with a pseudointellectual atmosphere and a darker theme for a shonen which people praise for its incredible maturity and meticulously planned story. And of course "deconstruction" is the favorite buzzword among Togashi dicklickers.

They usually also hold YYH to a high regard despite being one of the most bland stories ever told filled with asspulls and horrible writing.

So since HxHfags see their manga, filled with scribbles and hiatuses from an author who just doesn't care, as the second coming of christ they feel it necessary to compare and argue every other Chinese cartoon for the hope of some attention since Togashi doesn't give it to them.
>>
>>160401097
>That feel when it doesn't matter because Kite was reborn with all his memories and the only consequence of that entire sequence is just Gon losing his Nen and 0 personality change
>>
>Start reading HxH
>art isn't anything special, but it has a certain charm to it
>people tell me it's good
>licence arc, pretty decent for shounen intro arcs
>York Shin, it's mediocre so far, people tell me it'll get much better
>Vidya world, pretty decent, but not that good
>Chimera arc - this is where people tell me it's god tier
>literally nothing happens the whole arc, main villain goes waifu autism and dies
Not to mention halfway through the manga turned into squiggles. I seriously don't see this being anything other than a above average manga. Not even going to start with the hiatus after hiatus bullshit
>>
>>160401257
so much saltiness in one thread.
>>
>>160394755
HxH is for adults.

Academia is for teenagers.

Take that as you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jY0sv1hwJw
>>
I think it is kinda unfair to conpare hch too any manga, since the writer has so much more freedom compared to.anyone else.
Other authors have to adhere to a weekly schedule so unlike Togashi they can't just take 2 year break whenever they feel like they are too tired or have a writers block.
>>
>>160394755
Hard to say. HxH is all over the fucking place in terms of quality. For every awesome scene or arc, you'll have one that is just a poorly thought out and paced. MHA is much more consistent, but even at its best it's never been as good as HxH. MHA is also definitely better at humor.

It's close but in the end though, I think I prefer one that's overall the more solid product.
>>
>>160401980
>you must be over 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>160394755
I love BNHA. But you guys should stop trying to force rivalries with other popular shonens. HxH is better
>>
File: FA_MHA_100_19.png (406KB, 856x1250px) Image search: [Google]
FA_MHA_100_19.png
406KB, 856x1250px
>>160402122
>this is what bnhfags consider to be good humor
You must be over 18 post on 4chan
>>
>>160401980
>HxH is for adults.

I think you are reading too much into a name. It's not an R-18 product.
>>
>>160402474
Even Niggastream admitted to that Togashi writes an adult level of vocabulary unprecedented in the WSJ magazine. To say nothing of the themes and characters in Chimera Ant arc
>>
>>160402277
>This is what HxHfags consider good writing
>>
File: 2853867-1.jpg (28KB, 399x640px) Image search: [Google]
2853867-1.jpg
28KB, 399x640px
>>160402122
>MHA is also definitely better at humor
You're kidding right? Togashi is so good at humor that he wrote one of the best black comedy series in manga.
>>
>>160395855
Kek
>>
File: 56052362_p15.png (718KB, 1020x908px) Image search: [Google]
56052362_p15.png
718KB, 1020x908px
>>160394755
My Hero Academy of course.
Because it has Himiko Toga.
>>
>>160402122
Underage

>>160402622
You retard. Hisoka being alive is NOT a Deus ex machina. Togashi showed us in the Ant arc that it is possible to a) use NEN to manipulate your body to fight after death and b) alter a human being to the point they can use smart autonomous commands. Both of these abilities were show cased by Pitou. With regards to Hisoka, he did not sustain any damage to his brain, heart, or lungs. It therefore stands to reason he could do what Pitou did to Kaitou, but on himself. Hisoka gave himself the condition of Death. There is no stronger condition. Had Hisoka's body been damage to the point he'd been blown apart, what he did would not have worked. This is why it was so genius to pay Machi as a back-up. Nonetheless, in a fight against someone who renders you to paste, or who "double taps" like they did against the Ants, Hisoka's ability will not work.
>>
HxH is a deconstruction of the shounen genre and Togashi is a genius
>>
>>160395855
I read that in the abridged voice.
>>
>>160402622
Damn anon, don't kill them so quickly.
>>
For the damn last time , MHA is just another linear classic straight forward shounen, HxH is better . You can hate HxH but you can't compare it to MHA.

MHA is just 2-3 steps over "Fairy Trans" there i said it .
>>
>>160403132
The only people getting killed are dumb Chrollofags like yourself
>>
>>160402122

Consistency and playing it safe is what ruined shonen series and BnHA is no different. It will fall into the same exact trap as Naruto or One Piece when it reaches the latter part of the story. It will become increasingly predictable and boring to read.

HxH stays out of this trap by having dynamic stories and arcs and having the focus of the story constantly changing, whether you feel it's good or bad is your own opinion. I, however feel that's one of HxH's greatest strengths. It combines what feels like several different series into one.
>>
>>160402786
Oh fuck off Togashi cocksucker you don't even understand the manga you're defending. Hisoka didn't use his Nen under death conditions as it wouldn't even be a condition otherwise every Nen user could go supernova on their deathbed with no consequence. He was going to die, he knew it, and implanted the idea that he wanted to be revived to kill the spiders with enough conviction and emotion that it actually worked.

The problem is not in the fact that there was no groundwork for such a development but more that everything about it was so poorly executed that it seemed almost parodical in nature. Hisoka went in to the match readily accepting the death terms, in fact everything we've seen about Hisoka up to that point just alluded to the fact that he was apathetic to everything except a good fight. So to have him suddenly not only have this overwhelming feeling of revenge towards the Spiders that it was able to revive him well after death but to also change his entire personality to the point where he now is singling out and secretly assassinating Spiders was an absurd development. There was no hint or reason for it other than just cause.

Also Hisoka was dead for a long while before revival and his Nen only works on his lungs and heart. His body would have widespread cell death from the hours it took to dig him out and his blood would have definitely started to coagulate. Even if he somehow avoided brain damage with no oxygen coming in he would have instantly died from a stroke or heart attack the minute his jelly blood started to flow again.

And Togashi took this route because he was too scared to kill off a major character.
>>
>>160403724
Spot on. There's nothing worse than a series where you already know more or less what will happen. Imagine telling your audience that the MC will become the number 1 hero, it makes you assume three real possibilities:

A) Series ends around that point when Midoriya becomes the #1 hero

B) Series continues to tell the story of Midoriya, only as a hero who begins to decline and look for his successor to inherit his ability just like All Might

C) Series becomes a cash cow and repeats B for all of the future users of One for All

That's all there is to it. No politics, no worldbuilding, etc. The entire story revolves around being a hero, whereas Hunter x Hunter extends past the title of 'Hunter' with its themes.
>>
BnH is a product of modern age that is pretty much trash.

H x H is a product of the past that was dragged into modern age just because the artist was too lazy to make it on schedule.
It's like Mammoth in our time. It doesn't belong here yet you wonder how is it still alive and want to know more.
>>
>>160402622
Just that moment is better than anything Hero academia has come up with.
>>
File: 1501096563275.jpg (49KB, 267x353px) Image search: [Google]
1501096563275.jpg
49KB, 267x353px
BNHA has better, cuter boys.
>>
>>160404707
it would be great if all the Fujoshi in the HxH thread leaved for MH thread.
>>
File: pitou.png (23KB, 202x232px) Image search: [Google]
pitou.png
23KB, 202x232px
>>160404751
It would be great if you left /a/ and went back to /tv/.
>>
>>160404234
He didn't take the killing Hisoka route because it would have been narratively stupid. The purpose of a fight isn't just so someone loses, it's to set up events later down the line.
>Also Hisoka was dead for a long while before revival and his Nen only works on his lungs and heart. His body would have widespread cell death from the hours it took to dig him out and his blood would have definitely started to coagulate. Even if he somehow avoided brain damage with no oxygen coming in he would have instantly died from a stroke or heart attack the minute his jelly blood started to flow again.
You're retarded, why bring medical science into a manga that has 12 year olds punching through rock and lifting tons, a man who can hold his breath for 30 minutes, and a >100 year old man fall jump from 100 feet in the air to the ground without scratch from the landing.

>>>Hisoka accepting death
He never accepts death, he always won beforehand. Nowhere is it implied that he "accepts death".
>muh every nen user would use nen after death
You're retarded, how is this even an argument? And what the fuck do you mean by "Hisoka didn't use his Nen under death conditions as it wouldn't even be a condition"??? This is literally what Pitou did when she cut off Gon-san's hand after her head was crushed, and she didn't use a condition. She just had a strong will to accomplish her goal, and there wasn't an internal monologue needed. Hisoka's will was to dominate and crush confident people like Chrollo.
>>
>>160394755
>Which one is the best?
>HunterxHunter or My Hero Academia?
>Vote: http://www.strawpoll.me/13557419

The True Answer is Yu-Yu Hakusho
>I'll never forgive the staff member who pressured Togashi into making YYH manga like DBZ at its hypest points in like around what the Friza saga when Goku was going SS for the first time.
This "Dark Continent Arc" in your HxH probably would have been next step for Yu-Yu Hakusho if in narrative if Togashi wasn't pressured into ending the manga early.

if you have read/watched any HxH an haven't read/watched Yu-Yu Hakusho Yet
>This is for you
https://youtu.be/2mwouh5raDg
As for everyone who voted for HxH in the poll
https://youtu.be/8WDwBgjbRT4
----
Just some food for thought
>>
File: dear god.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dear god.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>160394755
Gon, final answer. I've been a fan since the 1999 anime and been reading Hero Academia since just before the first villain invasion. I enjoy mad man Deku and his shenanigans, but I can't say it carries the same weight as the later HxH arcs. I'm fully of the opinion that Deku an co took a lot longer to get to a point where I legitimately cared about their development, as stuff like the sports festival and one million percent really made me like the series less for a time. I do enjoy both series, though, and for what it's worth, only one of them is really even going on at this point. However, Gon's death spiral into despair was amazing, and it's not something that Deku can really even compare with yet.
>>
File: djdfjyjy.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
djdfjyjy.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>160405176
Forgot my pic
>>
>>160405176
>>160405477
I love YYH. I feel like it had one of the best main groups ever put together in a shonen. The characters worked so well with each other, to the point where I hate most main casts for other series now because they fail to hold a candle to Yusuke and friends. Gon and Killua are fucking great, but that's obviously the case because the same fucking guy worked on both stories. Deku and some of his buddies are individually fun, but they're hardly worth anything together.

Todoroki can die in a fire.
>>
>>160406122
Discuss what?
>>
>>160395412
If you use shitty dye or dye your hear a lot/poorly green spots can happen as well as blue ones.
>>
>>160404939
Hisoka's continued appearance could easily be replaced by another character without giving him a complete 180 in terms!s of characterization.

Medical science is brought up because you or whoever brought it up, his brain/heart/lungs being undamaged is negligible when the rest of his body is rotting and can't safely be revived. If Togashi makes a point of saying "He's alive because his major organs were undamaged!" but ignores everything else then it's poor writing.

And get some reading comprehension dumb nigger. I said he accepted the death terms, that he agreed to a battle to the death.

And my point was dumb nigger that you can't use death as a contract counterpoint when you're on the verge of dying. Death being the ultimate terms of a contract only applies to abilities that are "I use this ability and die" like Netero. And nen being present after death was only shown to be those with unwavering willpower and conviction in life. Pitou wanted to protect her king, the meteor city guy was angry or whatever. Hisoka has shown NOTHING in his personality that would allow him to be able to utilize this. He doesn't seek to dominate cocky people or whatever he ONLY wants a good fight. That's why he became a hunter, that's why he's let Gon go many times, and that's why he wanted to FIGHT Chrollo. He's never even said he wanted to kill him, just fight him. And he did, and he lost, and revived himself with the plan of finding and killing Spiders by surprise and/or underhanded means which is the fucking opposite of what his character was built up to be. He killed the 2 Spiders he knew couldn't fight back where before he had no qualms with killing Killua just to gain a strong opponent.

The writing of the fight was sloppy and obviously done on the fly. Perhaps Togashi had planned some certain elements to the fight but the conclusion was a poorly executed mess and that's why everyone makes fun of it.
>>
>>160405730
>The characters worked so well with each other
Kuwabara is the only good character in that group and works well with Yusuke and Hiei. Kurama is literally fucking nothing and has no chemistry with anyone. Hiei is a Sasuke prototype
>>
>>160401980
Just because it's been on hiatus long enough for its fans to be adults, doesn't mean adults are the target audience.
>>
>>160402277
Cringe
>>
>>160405176
YYH is so pathetically overrated by people who haven't watched/read it since they were children. The Dark Tournament arc is filled with bland fights, asspulls for almost every win, and ends on a completely inconsequential note as the 2 people """sacrificed""" for Yusuke's generic rage powerups either weren't dead or was brought back. And before the Dark Tournament was even worse. The only decent concept Togashi had going was the territory powers and took a gigantic shit all over it with the execution.

YYH is at best a mediocre shonen. Yusuke is an angsty teen with a heart of gold that was popular in the era, far from original. Hiei was the villain turned ally complete with the cold, edgy attitude that was also popular and unoriginal, Kuwabara had alright times but the dub murdered his character, and Kurama was a walking plot device devoid of all personality or quirks that served as an exposition bot when the time called for it.
>>
Why is this a discussion? Everyone knows HxH is better. Canad/a/ is the only place on the internet that deep throats Waifu Academia.
>>
>>160408913
You're overrated.
>>
Unless BNHA doesn't happen to fall into general longform shonen traps (which it probably will) it will fall by the wayside and in 10 years time it won't be relevant.

But guess what?
HxH will be.
>>
File: 1500930045231.png (871KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
1500930045231.png
871KB, 800x578px
>>160401980
>>160402277
>>160402622
>>160402781
>>
>>160395786
The crossthread shitter is here! Hark hark
>>
>>160408405
This. HXH is trash for literal children
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.