[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't believe how people as successful as Megumi Ogata

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: a1fcd2f950c451057a5f2e7893fc8fd0.jpg (564KB, 2000x1503px) Image search: [Google]
a1fcd2f950c451057a5f2e7893fc8fd0.jpg
564KB, 2000x1503px
I can't believe how people as successful as Megumi Ogata or Hideaki Anno can suffer from depression. Like what the hell, you have gone through the toughest part of life (20s and 30s) with enormous success, why not just sit back and take it easy. You have demostrated that you're not a failure in life, and you have secured a good source of income. What reasons do you have to get depressed?
>>
Maybe she's depressed about always playing boys
>>
It's a mental disorder, it doesn't matter what your background is. It's like asking how rich people die of cancer.
>>
>>160379350
Maybe someone they loved died? That fucks you up permanently sometimes, especially if it was untimely. No amount of money or success or fame is gonna make that go away.
>>
It doesn't make sense to say 'She should be happy given how rich and succesful she is', because depression isn't 'being sad'. Like >>160380588 said, it's a mental disorder. It can go away with time or because you manage to remove the cause if you can identify it, meanwhile you can more or less hide the symptoms with medication and alternative therapies. But it's not something directly related to how well you're faring in life and no amount of rationalizing as ever stopped someone being depressed.
>>
>>160380955
>But it's not something directly related to how well you're faring in life
I mean it's not always related. Of course having an actual shitty life can be a cause of depression.
>>
See >>>/his/3151736

Sometimes rich people can better understand how shitty humans can be, and that by itself can cause depression.
>>
>>160379350
I find it extremely reassuring that rich and successful people suffer from depression. Every time a celeb intentionally ODs or hangs himself or slices his wrists in one of the bathrooms of his 20-room apartment I smile because it fortifies my belief in humanity. No matter how stratified and unequal our species is, no matter how much we get sorted and grouped by factors outside of our control like our genes and IQ, there are still universal things that bring us together, the biggest one being the unchanging shittiness of human condition, which is in fact inherent to being able to perceive the world consciously, and which therefore isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
>>
>>160381589
Oh, and this /his/ fag is wrong in that actually depressed people ARE the problem. The vast majority of people tolerate and even enjoy society despite all its flaws, so clearly that's the normal mode. To try and change society because of the few sick bastards who would probably remain sick no matter what society they were in is obviously a wrong solution.
>>
>>160382203
I can understand the morbid pleasure derived from successful people suffering, but if by any infinitesimal chance I become successful I sure wouldn't want other people being happy of my suffering.
>>
It doesn't matter how good their life is. Clinical depression is a physical brain problem that causes irrational thoughts and feelings. I suffered from it for over a decade and tried many therapies, but nothing helped until I started taking zinc on a daily basis.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.