[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Japanese artists think it's good to drag a series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

File: 225541n4lm4xwrv2z5zmtx.jpg (349KB, 1520x1200px) Image search: [Google]
225541n4lm4xwrv2z5zmtx.jpg
349KB, 1520x1200px
Why do Japanese artists think it's good to drag a series out until it sucks and is played out?
>>
It's their source of income
>>
Same shit as American tv shows

Money
>>
>>160346919
Ask the creators of GoT the same question my friend.
Or a little trilogy called The Hobbit.
>>
>>160346919
Usually? Money. If they get a series that sells, they will milk it as much as they can.
As far as One Piece goes, Oda has a shit ton of money and still works like a slave because he wants to.
>>
Money. Almost all print media that isn't literature (and sometimes even that is, if it's a hit) is like this.
>>
Take the mcu as an example, that shit will never end as long as the movies make money
>>
File: aoi.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aoi.png
3MB, 1280x720px
Why you would think this is exclusive to Japanese artists confounds me.
>>
>>160347046
Fuck off.
>>
This is universal across all media. Simple fact is money, all you need is a dedicated fanbase that makes your creation into such a huge part of their lifes that they don't want it to ever end
>>
>>160346919
Money
>>
This is why I liked Eiji's condition reveal on Bakuman if he becomes the best mangaka ranker: he will be given the right to end one series and he chose his own work in the end.
>>
>>160346919
Why do people complain about One Piece never ending but not about Jojo
>>
>>160349285

They are just mad that One Piece will outlive them.
>>
>>160346919
Ever heard of American TV?
>>
>>160349242
Real life doesn't work that way and sadly no genius such as Eiji exists in real life

>>160349285
I don't know why people want One Piece to end. It's genuinely unpredictable at this point.
>>
There are two things I want to end, monogatari and one piece, I mean what's the fucking point reading this shit anymore? But I've already given too much time on this I HAVE TO see it till the end
>>
>>160346919
Monthly serialized manga is Jap's equivalent of Garfield or Calvin&Hobbes.
>>
>>160349285
Maybe because Jojo keeps changing the protagonists and as of part 7 changed the Universe entirely, so it's kinda hard to get bored with it as much?
One Piece complainers however know nothing of the pain that is Detective Conan.
>>
>>160349640
>They are just mad that One Piece will outlive them.

I've been reading one piece for fifteen years now. I don't know, it's kind of nice having one constant thing in my life.

;_;
>>
>>160350066
>One Piece complainers however know nothing of the pain that is Detective Conan.
I like how "not even a year has passed" but somehow technology has jumped from computers not being commonplace/no one knowing what the internet is to suddenly everyone carrying around a smartphone/tablet.
>>
>>160350145
It is all part of professor Agasa's evil plan of world domination, mark my word.
>>
>>160350145
Haven't there also been like 15 valentines and Christmases ?
>>
>>160350066
If you get bored with One Piece just don't read it. I personally haven't gotten bored since the timeskip. You can tell Oda has been writing One Piece for 20 years because he's starting to skip over the obvious stuff and write much more convoluted plot lines. If you find One Piece boring I can only assume you're not reading it for the sub plots
>>
>>160346919
Because (You) keep buying it, fucktard shonenshitter.

How does it feel to actively hurt your favorite overhyped manga huh?
>>
>>160350388
no, there have only been a single Valentine and a single Christmas
>>
>>160346919
As opposed to the western alternative of recruiting a new writer every few years to tell their stories with played out characters until the end of time?

How's that going?
>>
>>160350663
Fuck off.
>>
>>160349285
Jojo has concluded like 7 times so far, its basically 8 series that are somewhat connected
>>
Been out of the loop for a while. /a/ likes One Piece now?
>>
>>160350991
Well, there's still tons of people shitting on it. However, OP has gotten a lot more entertaining since the Dressrosa arc ended, the transition arc was tight and the current one could be one of the series' better one if it wraps up nicely. The plot is unpredictable since their opponent this time around is one that should impossible for them to beat head-on.
>>
>>160350991
/a/ is full of cancer nowadays
>>
>>160350991
just like /v/ went from shitting on Halo and CoD to having generals for them. /a/ gradually got invaded by OP fans, shifting the global balance.
>>
>>160351505
False equivalence. One Piece is actually good. yes 99% of the people in the one piece threads are female shitposters that don't comprehend one piece so they are shipping but that doesn't make one piece a bad manga
>>
File: 1422339985881.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1422339985881.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>160351821
>One Piece is actually good
>>
>>160352208
You're shitposting again
>>
>>160346919
>assuming the author still owns one piece
>assuming the mangaka isn't just another slave to jump and has to follow everything his editor says to a T
>assuming the mangaka would even be able to create another remotely successful manga after one piece
>assuming jump will even bother to give serialize a new series after the mangaka decides to quit on his own terms
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>160351821
>defending One Piece
>>
bleach was so good when it started then it become meh with superpowers latter on
>>
>>160346919
>No real urgency to finding One Piece
>titular treasure is only coveted for bragging rights for the most part
>said treasure is on the other side of the world
>1000 of plot threads they need to tie up before ending this thing
>crewmembers goals are also vague and all expansive (being the best swordsman, historian, doctor, finding a sea on the other side of the world, map of the world, etc.)

So yeah there's no real reason to make the story brief and the fact this series is all about ADVENTURE makes me not want the series to be short.
>>
>>160354844
It's a good series, what's not to defend?
>>
>>160346919
Could be worse. They could create 50 different versions of the same character, multiple universes, etc.
>>
>>160355020
>could be worse
they could have an anime adaptation by Toei, directed by Miyazaki.
>>
>>160349285
I like One Piece but it's obvious that Jojo is not complained about because they use a different character and story for each part, they're a different series in all but name (and even name they have different sub-titles).
>>
>>160346919
pressure from editors
>>
>>160352792
Seems Oda still has free reign on it, but it's the only thing keeping the mag alive
>>
>>160346919
One Piece isn't sucking or played out yet.

Not saying it's impossible to have that happen but it would be more fitting to post a DBS image than OP.
>>
>>160352208
>>160354844
Only people that seem to dislike it are people that didn't like it from the word go, so even then it's not a case of "series gone stale."

>>160350991
It was always a divisive series on /a/. Most people that hate it on the principle that's it's a battle shounen are too busy trolling HxH threads.
>>
>>160346919
Because anime, manga, and LN are all cut-throat industries to an extreme. Unless you like living hand-to-mouth from part-time jobs for your entire life, you better milk any success you have in any of those fields as long as humanly possible.
>>
>company pays you for your job
>one day you stop to give a fuck and dont realy care for the quality of your work anymore
>customers still buy your shit
>company does not give a fuck

Why should they NOT drag out a series? As long as they make money from it it would be fucking stupid to stop.
>>
>>160352208
>>160354844
Newfag, /a/ only banned Naruto in the old days. There were plenty of discussions of One Piece before N/a/ruto happened.
>>
>>160350133
Same here anon, 14 years for me.
It feels weird for me that something that i have been reading since i was a little kid will end.
>>
>>160355654
Artistic integrity.
>>
>>160355826
This. Ask Hiromu Arakawa
>>
File: 1466608029942.jpg (43KB, 499x369px) Image search: [Google]
1466608029942.jpg
43KB, 499x369px
i challenge every faggot in this thread to make a series for 20 years non stop with a progressing plot, consistency and that everyone likes
>>
>>160356179
I can't. I live an unhealthy lifestyle and won't last that long.
>>
>>160356179
>One Piece
>progressing plot and consistent
>>
>>160349996

Except Calvin & Hobbes ended.
>>
>>160349941
>I mean what's the fucking point reading this shit anymore?
The exact same point from the very start? There's still good stories coming out of both of them. Musubimonogatari and Whole Cake Island are two of the freshest and best arcs to ever come out of either series, doing completely new stuff and expanding on the characters and world in new ways.
>>
>>160356321
>One Piece
>not progressing plot and consistent
>>
>>160356321
tell me 5 incosistencies that are not a gag and actually things that doesnt make sense universe-wise

>not progressing

why you talk if you havent read it?
>>
>>160356723
>>160356759
Did you really just wait 15 minutes to then reply twice in the same minute trying to pretend to be two different people? Do you realize what the odds on that would have to be?

>tell me 5 incosistencies
Anything related to haki.
Your spelling.
Luffy taking damage to blunt force attacks suddenly even though he's rubber.
How these people can somehow fully understand neural brain networks, but they can't build planes, cars, or satellites.
Shanks losing his arm to a low tier sea king. (this is the part where you pretend he lost it on purpose)

And the plot has "progressed" at a snail pace for years.
>>
>>160350066
So if only one year has passed and just about each episode is a case, how many cases has Conan solved in one day? Can you break it down on a case per hour basis?
>>
>>160357027
it's a case every 3 chapters with some taking 4 or even 5, resulting in an average of a case per day
>>
>>160346974
The second Hobbit movie was pretty good
>>
>>160356969
im not samefagging you autist

>haki
literally chapter 1 for conquerors, mantra in skypia for observation and garp in water 7 for armament, haki didnt suddenly appear.

>my spelling
not an argument

>Luffy taking damage to blunt force attacks suddenly even though he's rubber
He is not inmune to blunt damage but very resistant, also cartoon phisics sperg

>How these people can somehow fully understand neural brain networks, but they can't build planes, cars, or satellites.

who can underestand neural brain networks? only vegapunk is special when it come to science, we discussed this shit in many threads, you could say the same for many stories like HxH or Naruto having smarphones and shit. It would make the story boring.

>Shanks losing his arm to a low tier sea king.

Also discussed to death, the editors told oda to make that happen for the impact it was also a good motivator for luffy.
>>
>>160346919
>not milking your money-cow until it's dry
why would you do that to yourself?
>>
File: Le localized Merchant.jpg (41KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
Le localized Merchant.jpg
41KB, 501x585px
>>160346919
>Why
Money.
>>
>>160357508
You are, and you should feel stupid for doing it. Also for using autism as a buzz word, sperg two. Learn to talk like an adult.

If conq haki was a thing is chapter one he could have stopped the sea king and the bandit while standing on shore. And the first case of shown haki was in Zoro's fight with Das Bones.

Actually yeah, it is. Because you be stupid is important to the discussion.

Story says immune. You're backpedaling.

No, I mean pretty much anyone. Franky did brain surgery on himself. You're probly try to use your "it's a cartoon" excuse for that.

"the editors said so" isn't a valid excuse.
>>
File: Untitled.png (33KB, 1165x492px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
33KB, 1165x492px
>>160356969
Why do you people accuse of samefagging when you're always wrong? I've literally never seen someone accuse of samefagging and actually be right. It's just that when you say something blatantly wrong about a series a lot of people like, it's likely that that more than one person is gonna call out your bullshit. As for how you're wrong,
>Anything related to haki.
What about it is inconsistent? As far as I can see, as someone who has read through the series multiple times, it has stuck to all the rules established for it.
>Your spelling.
Great argument.
>Luffy taking damage to blunt force attacks suddenly even though he's rubber.
This is either done as a slapstick gag which the other anon already said doesn't count, or because using haki allows attacks to cancel devil fruit abilities, which is like the first thing established about haki and pretty much its reason for being in the series.
>How these people can somehow fully understand neural brain networks, but they can't build planes, cars, or satellites.
That isn't an inconsistency, it's just a matter of priorities and what's available to them. They have no need for planes or cars when most of world is sea and their ships are already capable of flying, going at incredibly fast speeds, and going underwater. And who's to say that they don't have satellites?
>Shanks losing his arm to a low tier sea king. (this is the part where you pretend he lost it on purpose)
There are numerous explanations for this, but none of them really matter, it was a simple forgoing of logic in the very first chapter to make the story more impactful. Hardly an inconsistency that comes from the series being long running and affects the quality of the series, which is what this discussion is meant to be about
>>
>>160357996
See what I mean? You being stupid is a problem.
You actually think posting that screen shot is proof of something. Only retards think that. Everyone understands that you can easily edit or alter those screen shots in countless different ways to avoid showing a (You). Only retards who are stupid enough to samefag in the first place think they mean something. It's funny how you try to pretend it's actually logical that two people showed up with in the exact same 50 seconds after no one replied to that post for 15 minutes.

Anyway, everything you said was already proven wrong in the post directly over yours.
>>
Rufy is immune to blunt attacks but Haki charged ones can still hurt him
it isn't that hard
>>
>>160346919
If it prints money no reason to stop.
And let's be honest the main demographic for shounens are kids who don't give a shit about closure and moving plots, all they want is to watch their favourite characters having adventures.
Don't pretend you weren't like that as a kid watching Dragon Ball or CCS.
>>
>>160359755
You're retarded, and clearly don't have any kind stable memory. Before haki was used normally, Franky, Bruno and Luci all hurt luffy with just punches and kicks.
>>
>>160360135
>Franky, Bruno
no they didn't
>Lucci
He could explicitly because of his sharp claws
>>
>>160360212
You're wrong. And Lucci did it in his base human form.

OP made a mistake using One Piece as the OP, because Wan Piss shitters are the most obsessive and obnoxious people ever.
>>
>>160355826
More likely they never had it because their work has been tampered with in many different ways already, lack of planning ahead, and the realization they stole every idea from somewhere else so it's not like they had integrity to begin with
>>
>>160356645
Musubimonogatari wasn't even that good though.
>>
>>160358158
Yeah okay anon, everyone who disagrees with you is the same person pretending to be different. There's just no way more than one person could disagree with you.
>exact same 50 seconds
Except you have to wait 60 seconds inbetween posts? Which proves you wrong in and of itself? Seriously, you're delusional.
>Anyway, everything you said was already proven wrong in the post directly over yours.
No, it really wasn't. Try actually reading my post. You haven't stated how haki broke the rules established for it. Stating that pointing out spelling mistakes is an argment and then fucking writing
>Because you be stupid
is hilarious. Evidently, you and that anon are as stupid as each other by your logic. You haven't stated when Luffy wasn't immune to being hurt by blunt objects when it isn't a gag or due to haki. You haven't stated why the One Piece world would have a reason to invent planes, cars, or satellites.
>>
Turbo autist please fuck off
>>
>>160360486
Regardless of your personal opinion on it, it's still doing new stuff and creating a whole new story, meaning that there's still a "point" to carrying on reading it. Anon's original question of "what's the fucking point reading this shit anymore?" was dumb when obviously there's still a point to reading it when it's still being made and tons of people are still happily reading and discussing it.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.