[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you don't think Jigen and Goemon's movies weren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

File: r407GxX.jpg (147KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
r407GxX.jpg
147KB, 1920x1080px
If you don't think Jigen and Goemon's movies weren't the tightest shit, you're wrong.

What's your favorite Lupin?
>>
2015. does everything classic lupin should and is beautiful.
>>
>>160334381
fujiko mine to iu onna. Lupin is a shithead in everything else. Goemon's bloodspray was a good action movie, that's about it. Jigen Daisuke's Gravestone was hollow (pun intended, I guess). Fujiko Mine is the only one I've seen with anything to say thematically other than "don't you like watching this shithead bumble around with his one dimensional friends"?
>>
>>160335427
I will say that some of the gags in 2015 were really funny - one thing it had that fujiko mine didn't was a sense of humor. The one where it's just him and Zenigata on an island was hilarious.
>>
Pink jacket is best jacket

Yuzo Aoki is fantastic animator
>>
>>160335427
>Fujiko Mine is the only one I've seen with anything to say thematically
It doesn't have anything to say. The show bait and switch the audience and winds up being a huge waste of time.
>>
>>160335485
The episode with the teachers was hilarious too.
>>
>>160335830
>It doesn't have anything to say. The show bait and switch the audience and winds up being a huge waste of time.

This is the exact opposite of my response to it so w/e. If you're referring to the twist at the end, that was literally the point wherein the message of the show becomes clear.
>>
File: lupin is under my butt.png (360KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lupin is under my butt.png
360KB, 640x480px
>>160335427
Have you ever thought that an anime doesn't need to be deep (or faux deep in the case of TWCMF) in order to be good?

God knows I don't watch Lupin to be intellectually stimulated.
>>
>>160338291
>(or faux deep in the case of TWCMF)

this post combined with the other one leads me to believe /a/ is actually too stupid to understand what Fujiko was going for so I don't really give a shit.
>>
>>160338454
this is not surprising considering a lot of what it deals with are power dynamics around gender (specifically the way such dynamics can brainwash people into misunderstanding themselves), and I doubt modern /a/ can handle a discussion on gender that isn't couched in terms of tumblr vs. /pol/.

I do understand that Fujiko isn't anything like the rest of Lupin though so I understand why most previously extant Lupin fans wouldn't like it, in the same way that there's a particular niche of magical girl fandom that hates Madoka. (Not to say that Fujiko is a deconstruction of Lupin (or Madoka of magical girls for that matter)).
>>
>>160338581
also don't get me wrong I don't think it's bad to like the other Lupin, it just doesn't offer anything to me.
>>
>>160338581
Madoka is just an edgy piece of garbage. Just like it's screenplay writer.
>>
File: 1463902000798.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463902000798.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>160338741
>Just like it's

That sure is an opinion.
>>
>>160338454
>this post combined with the other one leads me to believe /a/ is actually too stupid to understand what Fujiko was going for so I don't really give a shit.

No, I got it. The whole message was, as I interpreted it, a middle finger to the the tropes that most writers go for when trying to make a female character "sympathetic" and to explain why she does things. Sexist stuff like that.

I can respect that, but I don't think it explored it in a way that was particularly interesting. At least not to me personally. That and it wasted a lot of time on Oscar, who I couldn't have cared less for.

I think perhaps you think I don't want Lupin that's explored on more than just the surface level, but that's not entirely correct. Fuck, I actually wish TMS hadn't dropped Oshii's Lupin movie concept.
>>
>>160338933
>That and it wasted a lot of time on Oscar,

I think Oscar's really important thematically too though, especially as a foil to Fujiko. His hatred of her is all projection of self-hatred. He idolizes this masculine ideal that doesn't actually exist and that he can never live up to, so he Fujiko as a scapegoat.

Episode 6 is probably my favourite in the series, and I think Oscar is put to really good use there.
>>
>>160339125
That's fair enough, but I really did not give a fuck.
>>
File: miya3d.png (514KB, 375x350px) Image search: [Google]
miya3d.png
514KB, 375x350px
>>160339250
haha and that's fair too. I don't understand everything the show was trying to do with Oscar toward the end, but it was obviously intentionally integrated into the overall point the show was making, in my view anyway.
>>
>>160339357
I'm glad you enjoyed it, but it was a pretty lackluster experience for me all around. And to be fair to Mari Okada, it's already extremely difficult to make characters that aren't the main five protagonists memorable.

I can at least remember Oscar's name and what happened to him, even if I hated him. I can't say the same of the numerous disposable antagonists and female protagonists in the TV specials.
>>
How are the subs for the Goemon movie?
>>
>>160339567
Not ideal since I think the only options are machine translations of a Russian translation, but probably the best option until it gets an official release.
>>
>>160339567
I watched them and they're really fucking bad. But the movie's plot isn't so intricate that it requires super clear translation anyway. Dialogue definitely isn't the point, anyway.
>>
Did anyone else get really queasy when Hawk sliced off part of Goemon's arm?
>>
who's gonna take over as Jigen's VA and why is it __Nana__
>>
>>160337595
>This is the exact opposite of my response to it so w/e.
Then you're a fucking idiot because it blatantly spells out to you what the message is.

>If you're referring to the twist at the end, that was literally the point wherein the message of the show becomes clear.
Its not really a twist and unless you were watching the show blindfolded you cannot possibly tell me that "it becomes clear" at the last minute.
>>
A woman named Mine Fujiko is the only Lupin series that got me serious while watching. I don't care what shallow headed /a/holes think about the show, what matters is that it's the only series that touched the nature of being Fujiko(woman). All the previous series dealt Fujiko as a random juggernaut of a bitch who came and go as she pleased; an incarnation of mystery that men sees in women. A woman named Mine Fujiko is a long-delayed explanation finally given on who Mine Fujiko "could be", rather than should be which we expects from Fujiko. In short, A woman named Mine Fujiko is the only series shows us that Fujiko is a human being herself.
>>
>>160334381
The only Lupin I watched was Fujiko's season. I want to get into it because Lupin and his friends seem really interesting but I have so much goddamn anime to watch.
>>
>>160338454
The very fact that you think Women Called Fujiko has any thematic depth makes you look like a huge jackass. Its very surface level in what its trying to convey and what its trying to say isn't particularly groundbreaking or interesting.

>>160338581
I don't think a show which ultimate message is "I'm a shallow whore and there's nothing else to me"is preaching to anyone about anything that isn't lodge into the headcannon of tumblr idiots like you. In fact that's pretty much the big issue with Woman Called Fujiko is Fujiko herself is not an interesting character and if the show's message was to bait and switch you into believing we were ever going to delve deeper into her character than that's the equivalent of laughing at your face telling you that the entire series was a sham and a waste of time and you were stupid for ever believing that there was anymore to this character than on the surface level than you sir are a jackass for liking it.

Even taken into the many entries the franchise has this is neither the most proactive or the most experimental in fact its without a doubt the most disappointing.
>>
>>160341305
But anon, everyone expects her to be completely remorseless, unsympathetic, and greedy.
>>
>>160340293
the entire movie was brutal as fuck
>>
>>160341690
question is, why is she like that. Her being remoreseless, unsympathetic, and greedy isn't the issue here
>>
>>160341305
>what matters is that it's the only series that touched the nature of being Fujiko(woman)
But the show doesn't do this though in fact Fujiko herself is the least developed aspect of the entire thing hence why its so shit.
>>160341690
>everyone expects her to be completely remorseless, unsympathetic, and greedy.
That's literally what the message of the show is.
>>
>>160341781
The answer is quite literally "Because fuck you, that's why."
>>
>>160341858
Thanks Okada and Yamamoto. I wonder why Jigen's Gravestone and Blood Spray Goemon were so much better.
>>
>>160341798
It did quite well actually with the girl who is a living tattoo canvas episode. The passion-driven director draws Fujiko in frenzy and Jigen and Lupin is dazed and for the first time truly scared by the madness Fujiko contains. We knew what Fujiko was, but we didn't is what it showed. The episode also showed why Fujiko was like that indirectly, she was overly attached to the case and wanted to put an end to the girl's misery without explaining why. This without doubt implies Fujiko was basically having a PTSD fit because the girl who couldn't voice her thoughts (which is also one of many reasons why Fujiko saw the girl as her reflection; her past where she wasn't able to free herself from some kind of abuse) resembled her so much and wanted to erase her own past by killing her. The ending movie of the series showing young Fujiko being captured as if she is an "art piece" also implies she was under captivity of a force she couldn't humanly resist.
I think you guys should just rewatch the series
>>
>>160342233
I think maybe you need to rewatch it. The young girl wasn't Fujiko.
>>
>>160342233
I feel a lot better hating this show knowing that the people who defend it are complete idiots who didn't get what it was trying to do so they go with their own headcannon. AT least we don;t have idiots going on about how its "the most faithful interpretation of the manga" anymore.
>>
>>160341894
To be honest, I like Koike's Lupin films but I really wish they could be more out there.

At the very least, I wish they didn't reuse the same plot from Tombstone in Bloodspray.
>>
>caring about le cool westerners: the franchise
>>
>>160342287
aw shit I think you are right, my bad, it's been long
>>
File: 1492492201688.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492492201688.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>160342375
>but I really wish they could be more out there.
Me too. They're both good but they feel very "safe" for Koike and doesn't come close to the level of madness found in Secret of Mamo, Fuma Conspiracy and select Red Jacket episodes, as much as I hated Fujiko the plot with the owls was definitely out there even if it didn't amount to anything, it does feel like he wants to imitate the Green Jacket series so he's keeping things on his sleeve but it says a lot that the most edgy thing seen in his films thus far is Fujiko smoking opium.
>>
>>160342438
Yeah, it was a different girl entirely that was using Fujiko to live out a fantasy that she could never achieve due to being experimented on her entire life.

It was probably not intended, but it did get me thinking about the jealousy some women have towards female fictional characters. More specifically, it got me to thinking about why I used to dislike Fujiko a lot when I was, say, fourteen. I hated her but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to be her.

>>160342625
To be fair, they're extremely harsh on illegal drug offenses in Japan.
>>
>sees hitler
>jerk reaction is to salute
what did lupin mean by this?
>>
Speaking of drugs and alcohol though, I found it pretty refreshing that they were allowed to show the characters getting fucking blasted in Bloodspray.

I guess that's just the difference between making a movie for theaters and a TV show, but still, I liked that.
>>
File: heil hitler.gif (954KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
heil hitler.gif
954KB, 500x281px
>>160343223
It's just in case he accidentally traveled back in time to Nazi Germany. It happens a lot more than you think.
>>
>>
>>160342421
>Not caring about Lupin
Just because it doesnt jerk off GLORIOUS NIPPON doesnt mean it is shit
>>
>>160346608
Your mom is too bad.
>>
File: fuma lupin dowry.png (400KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fuma lupin dowry.png
400KB, 640x480px
>>160346731
Hey, it can do jerking off glorious nippon too.
>>
>>160346731
No, but it is shit when it jerk off GLORIOUS WEST
>>
i've tried to watch fujiko twice now. but there's just no getting away from it - the show's fucking boring.
>>
>>160347431
There's about a million other anime with protagonists that are Japanese. Sorry for maybe wanting something a little different.
>>
>>160347596
You should feel sorry, Westaboo.
>>
>>160347431
But it doesnt. Just because MC is half western it doesnt mean it jerks off west
>>
File: 85197R8.jpg (337KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
85197R8.jpg
337KB, 1200x1200px
>>160347626
I don't think that's how it works, but aiight.
>>
File: 10003577_sns.jpg (118KB, 1000x525px) Image search: [Google]
10003577_sns.jpg
118KB, 1000x525px
>only pink jacket series and like 10 specials left to finish the franchise

i only read the first manga though, are there any translations of the rest?
>>
>>160348006
The second manga got official releases for the first half, and to my recollection are pretty pricey now.

There are a couple of incomplete fan translations of Lupin III Y, T, and Lupin Jr.
>>
Although on that note though, I wish Lupin manga translations weren't such as a deadzone.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.