[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about this? I just finished the series plus the ending

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: end-of-evangelion.jpg (105KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
end-of-evangelion.jpg
105KB, 960x600px
Can we talk about this? I just finished the series plus the ending film. I enjoyed it very much, but I feel a lot of important story elements were glossed over. What does /a/ think, does it deserve the acclaim it gets? I'm a casual anime fan and I've never once posted here on /a/ so be gentle.
>>
where the anime elitists at??
>>
>>160331981
Lurk two years before posting again.
>>
This film was the correct way to end such a messy series. By that I mean it was interesting, extravagant, and satisfying enough that it blinds people to the mediocre aspects of the otherwise pretty decent TV series. When you see you people discussing NGE, it's moments like this, not the 5 or so episodes of Shinji dealing getting bullied at school, or whatever forgetful nonsense was in between the action scenes.
>>
Did asuka really die during EoE? They were never explicit about it
>>
>>160333254
Probably, but there is no evidence showing she did 100% for sure, but in the end it doesn't really matter due to the soul collection.
>>
>>160332799
> it's moments like this, not the 5 or so episodes of Shinji dealing getting bullied at school, or whatever forgetful nonsense was in between the action scenes

Losing the quiet moments between action scenes takes some meaning away from the rest of it all.

I finally got around to watching 1.0 today, and it was fine I suppose, but it didn't have near as much impact as the show without Shinji wondering around and talking to people.
>>
>>160333254
Probably kept partially alive, Rei had to actual self destruct the core to kill 00, 03 got the pilot taken out and was potentially only unsalvageable because of the Angel. I forget the exact mechanics of what happened in America but afaik the whole test site just stopped existing.

I'm pretty sure it's nearly impossible to kill an Eva, especially at high sync.

I honestly think making up fan theories to explain things like how Asuka was still around to reform her AT field misses the point of the series, but it's also impressive that Anno made it robust enough that it's possible.

Does anyone know of any actual continuity errors beyond Shinji's clothes changing into a plugsuit in whatever episode that was?
>>
>>160331981
The story was indeed, "glossed over".
You can find some explanations on the untranslated games, (or translated on wikis), but the point of the series was never the story.

Have in mid that the director Anno was a depressed fuck, and NGE is mostly about what he felt, the character emotions, and a message to carry on.
>>
>>160333254
She was so synched up with the Eva she really lost her eye and arm in the battle. She probably died with the Eva.
Not that it matter, tho. Everyone got tanged 15 minutes later, including the recently deceased.
>>
>>160335666
I thought Ritsuko, Misato, and Gendo specifically were not brought into instrumentality.

Definitely not Gendo right? that was the entire point of that scene
>>
>>160332799
Nah, the TV ending was great. People complaining about it were retards. EoE was for those retards.
>>
>>160335761
There is a shot during the soul collection showing misato's clothes in a puddle of LCL, so she was collected.

I don't remember seeing anything about Ritsuko being denied instrumentality, Gendo was the only one singled out afaik. If Ritsuko was denied though I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
It was good. I liked it. The ending was supper intricate and borderline stoner theory but once you read an explanation of it a couple of times it really is an interesting ending. If anyone says they understood the movie fully the first watch through they are lying
>>
>>160331981
Every important plot point was explained at some point in the series to some extent. It's complicated but it's possible to understand everything through rewatches. Go through the wiki or watch youtube analysis if you're lazy.

>>160332799
>not the 5 or so episodes of Shinji dealing getting bullied at school
You have no idea what you're talking about, please stop.
>>
>>160335761
Ghost rei appear to misato, ritsuko and gendo.
If gendo was denied by yui or not is another discussion, but both girls were present there. It would make absolutely no sense to make an even to merge everyone and dont merge everyone.
>>
Do you believe the characters can improve themselves and end up happy(ier) after EoE?
Not talking about romance, just about being a decent human being.
>>
>>160331981
This fucking garbage cartoon is such pretensus bullshit all it does is pretend to be deep with it's retarded christian imagery that means absolutely nothing and throwing around psychological terms and concepts without actually doing anything with them just so that there two dimensional tropey characters seem deeper than they actually are
>>
>>160331981
>I'm a casual anime fan and I've never once posted here on /a/ so be gentle.
Friendly reminder to lurk for 2 years before posting and complete 300 series before posting on /a/.
>>
>>160331981
>I just finished the series

Congratulations!

*clap clap clap*
>>
File: 9FO1hRZ (1).jpg (39KB, 500x784px) Image search: [Google]
9FO1hRZ (1).jpg
39KB, 500x784px
>>160338868
keep crying brainlets

>>160338627
>Do you believe the characters can improve themselves and end up happy(ier) after EoE?
yes
>Not talking about romance
I am though
Inb4 the special K brigade shows up and starts shrieking at me
>>
>>160335414
Shinjis wristwatch disappear episode 1.
>>
>>160339055
>I am though
my nigga
>>
>>160339055
>keep crying brainlets
i doubt you can explain what the fuck happens in this show with out pulling some pseudo-intellectual bullshit out of your ass that doesn't actually say anything meaningful litterally everything that's in this show is just there to look cool (which half the time it doesnt because the animation takes a shit)
>>
>>160339955
learn to use commas or to organize sentences, nigga
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.