[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Isn't it misleading that season 2 and the movie of Haruhi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Disappearance-of-Haruhi-Suzumiya.jpg (303KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Disappearance-of-Haruhi-Suzumiya.jpg
303KB, 1280x720px
Isn't it misleading that season 2 and the movie of Haruhi gets tagged as romance all over the place? I've seen people try to argue about an "unspoken love" sort of bullshit. But really, even in all of Kyon's endless monologues, he never talks about Haruhi in a romantic way.
A lot of the movie focused on him coming to terms with the fact that he actually loves all the antics and messes Haruhi has gotten him into over the years, but that's just it. He loves the club. He loves that Haruhi is his greatest friend. But he isn't in love with her.
Haruhi and Kyon share a deep bond, but it's not a romantic one.

Doesn't tagging it as a romance just serve to steer people who don't like romance anime away, and to draw people looking for a love story they won't find?
Take Re:Zero as a random example. I've never seen it tagged as romance on a site (as it shouldn't be). But it has so much more "romance" in it. Episode 18 is entirely dedicated to one character's confession and establishes a love triangle. The second half of the finale is all lovey-dovey dialogue. The most memed quote of the show is "I love Emilia".

Where the fuck does Haruhi get off calling itself a romance?
>>
>>160195424
https://pastebin.com/4EHJfvNd
>>
You just don't get it, pleb.
>>
>>160195514
Get what
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.