[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want to see in an Isekai hard mode: that isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 19

File: Cover_1_eng.jpg (265KB, 900x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Cover_1_eng.jpg
265KB, 900x1280px
What do you want to see in an Isekai

hard mode: that isn't already in an Isekai series
>>
quality.
>>
>>159710446
fpbp
>>
Non fantasy world Isekai (no magic, no bullshit powers, etc)
>>
>>159710405
A fantasy world hero getting transported to a sci fi world.
>>
>>159710405
hikki faceless neet transported to a loli filled fantasy world he maintains his original body and is the only male human.
There are loli elves,loli goblins,loli undeads,loli monsters
he wants to return to his world(or doesn't?) because he was about to rescue a real loli but he got transported to this world before he could.
>>
>>159710582
what would you substitute for it to make your world interesting?
>>
>>159710405
No actual RPG/video game elements. It's fine if the characters use their knowledge of fantasy and video games to figure out how the world works but shit like actual menus and stat screens is just fucking obnoxious to me. Even the best isekai are bogged down by this shit.
>>
>>159710405
Dude actually trying to come back to his own world would be nice to see for once.
>>
>>159710749
>The world runs on RPG mechanics
>The hero is special because he doesn't, so he can do stuff like attacking people when it's not his turn
>>
>>159710405
A good story. Not info dump about world building and setting. Not pages and pafes explaing level up systems, menus, and skills. Not characters doing intospection.

An actual well thought out and interesting plot.
>>
File: 16608_b2.jpg (32KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
16608_b2.jpg
32KB, 500x333px
>>159710749
>It's fine if the characters use their knowledge of fantasy and video games to figure out how the world works but shit like actual menus and stat screens is just fucking obnoxious to me.

This, imagine if Record of Lodoss war (a show whose story was a D&D session) actually brought up rolls. That's the equivalent of what most isekai do nowadays by constantly shoving in menus and LEVEL UP shit everywhere.
>>
>>159711003
>>159710749
I though LMS and Kumo did pretty well with it (until recently)
>>
>>159710996
What's the problem with introspection? I think it's pretty normal for some self-evaluation in a sudden another world scenario. I can understand if it's done way too often, but I can't see why it has no place.
>>
>>159710874
Early isekai did that and that trope annoyed the fuck out of people. If the MC has no reason to go back to his world then it's idiotic for him to go back to it for no reason.
>>
>>159710924
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/kono-sekai-ga-game-da-to-ore-dake-ga-shitte-iru/
There is an isekai just like that with speedrunning
>>
>>159710446
though needed it doesn't pass the hard mode because 12 kingdoms exist
>>
>>159710405
He gets transported to alternate Earth. It's exactly the same, his family is even there except the him of that world has been dead for over a year. They think he came back to life and the government is after him to learn how he revived.
It's a SoL, Drama, Comedy. Thoughts?

Thoughts?
>>
An isekai about a boy that has an unrequited love of a girl but gets transported into another world where she's the one that's in love with him.
>>
>>159710691
if you replace "no males" with "all the males are small-dicked shotas" you get this

http://www.novelupdates.com/series/loli-manko/
>>
File: BattleSpiritsBrave.jpg (65KB, 380x538px) Image search: [Google]
BattleSpiritsBrave.jpg
65KB, 380x538px
C/D
This is the best isekai
>>
Series that actually delivers on its premise

>read I Kinda Came to Another World, but Where’s the Way Home?
>prologue is basically Kumagawa getting isekai'd
>rest of the series is standard generic isekai faire

I swear Isekai is a genre devoted to lost potential
>>
>>159710446
This.

>>159710405
A good setting. A good story. An acceptable presentation of both of these.

No isekai managed that yet. Fantasy bullshit with game mechanics, stupid 4th wall breaking reasoning and out-of-setting decisions is all that is delivered by the existing isekai works. Self-insertion brain wank.
>>
>>159710924
This isnt the shieldbro thread?
>>
Inverted Isekai, someone born with magical knowledge in a world where Technology has long since replaced magic.
>>
>>159711807
I legitimately want this.
>>
File: isekaidoneright.jpg (223KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
isekaidoneright.jpg
223KB, 1280x720px
anime adaptation when?
>>
File: Alice-to-Zouroku-01-19.jpg (93KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Alice-to-Zouroku-01-19.jpg
93KB, 854x480px
>>159710405
A normie dad clicking through the vidya update of his neet son.
Too much of the problem is the same generic MC type in all the isekais; a difference of perspective or worldviews would save the genr... pfff, lets be reasonable, make it not as cancer.
Alice and Zouroku was good, but that was like ichisekai or whatever you call Sana's circumstances.
>>
>>159711062
Because it's often used to cover for a rather bland story and people often confuse series with heavy introspection as being good stories.
>>
>>159710749
Release that witch, my man, except translation is fucking reader than dead, thanks qidian
>>
>Tensei series with absolutely no cheats besides the fact he has adult knowledge as a kid.
>"trapped in a VRMMO" where the guy is an average player that starts at level one
>"summoned to defeat the demon lord" series where the entire series is about defeating said demon lord, and the demon lord is actually as scary and evil as everyone says
>A "fish out of water" narrative where the MC doesn't have powers and is more about the MC trying to adapt into the world. It's Isekai because his eyes are your eyes and not because of any special modern magic
>otome reincarnation series where the destruction flag is actually a threat to the MC
>RPG mechanics that actually restricts the MC rather than make him OP
>magic rules that the MC has to follow just like everyone else
>cheats that don't break the game, where the MC is only powerful because of how he uses the cheat rather than the cheat itself (see OP, HxH, Jojo, etc.)
>monogamous relationships
>side characters that aren't just cheerleaders and harem girls
>memorably villains more interesting than the heroes
>Deep and intricate politics
>Church that are well meaning but flawed or actually as good as people say they are
>>
Anyone else find it odd that most of the settings and mechanics in isekai are based on dragon quest when dragon quest itself isn't isekai?
>>
>>159711998
oh and I forgot

>A revenge fantasy that leads to tragedy at the end and explores the problems of revenge
>A suffering series where the suffering is due to special circumstances of the world and not "because people are dicks/incompetent" (see: Berserk and Dark Souls)
>>
>>159712074
I myself wondered where the "summoned hero" trope originated from
>>
>>159710405
No more openly being an RPG video game. It just cheapens the entire premise.

More fully fleshed out, real fantasy worlds with creative histories. Even Seven Deadly Sins has it's own world.

If you're going to make a "oh no, I accidentally fell into a magical world" thing, at least make it somewhat tragic like Escaflowne, or hilarious like El Hazard.

No more MMO shit.
>>
>>159711921
Yeah but I don't think it has no place in a story. Just like any writing element, it can be overdone though.
>>
>>159710405
>Have a story
>Actually fucking stick to it from beginning to end instead of going off on random tangents for the purpose of wish fulfillment
>A cast that's actually well developed and purpose-serving toward the themes and motifs set by the story instead of just templates for harem archetypes
>No generic RPG levels/ skill system. If you want a magic system at least be creative and come up with your own

That's literally all I ask. The last bit isn't even completely necessary. For god's sake, give me a solid fucking story that moves fluently from point A to point B without pointless hit in between. I don't need an entire chapter dedicated to a useless NEET's first attempt at worldbuilding that totally breaks the flow of the plot. Introduce the world through the plot, not aside from it. Web novels are a fucking mistake.
>>
Fuck it, just read Dragon Quest Dai.

Same setting and defeat the demon lord premise as most Isekai but an actual fun adventure and good characters.
>>
File: img000049.png (3MB, 2230x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000049.png
3MB, 2230x1600px
I like stories that twist the normal settings a bit.

It's not an isekai, but VRMMO characters ending up replacing their real selves is a neat new idea to me.
>>
File: hugs.png (379KB, 726x519px) Image search: [Google]
hugs.png
379KB, 726x519px
>reminder this is the only good scene in Shield Bro manga and the best part in the LN.
>>
>>159710405
Spear hero 's redo /Yari no Yūsha no Yarinaoshi Spinoff Story Gets Print Novels and Manga
The August issue of Kadokawa's Monthly Comic Flapper magazine revealed on Wednesday that Aneko Yusagi's Yari no Yūsha no Yarinaoshi story, a spinoff of the author's The Rising of the Shield Hero (Tate no Yūsha no Nariagari), will get print novel volumes and a manga adaptation. Kadokawa will begin publishing the the print volumes under its MF Books label this fall. As with the print versions of The Rising of the Shield Hero, Seira Minami will draw the illustrations for the novels. The manga will debut on the ComicWalker and Nico Nico Seiga website on August 21. Neet (Mayo Chiki! manga, Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata ~egoistic-lily~) is drawing the manga.
>>
>>159712942
I wonder why now of all times. We havent gotten to the part where motoyasu unlocks his Dragon's era minute hand spear yet. Unless he does so in volume 18 or 19.
>>
>>159713286
Well, anime is incoming and they probably want to make as much money as possible.
>>
>>159713370
Well as long as we get to see rifana, i guess that's good.
>>
I Was Sent To A Fantasy World And I Spent The Next Five Years Reading Every Book In A Library Before I Make Any Uninformed Decision?!?!?
>>
File: 1410963425009.jpg (84KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1410963425009.jpg
84KB, 370x370px
>>159710405
The guy decides to not become a chosen one, but rather uses his knowledge about things that are elementary in modern age, yet completely unknown in the itmes of old to become a rich corporate head.
>>
>>159713478
If I was transported to a fantasy world and had immediate access to a library and the ability to read the books, I would absolutely take the time to brush up on some 'common' knowledge. Not five years worth though, maybe a few weeks or a month at most.
>>
>>159714451
Mushoku Tensei?
>>
>>159711127
Well, trying to go back to your life, your family and friends would be a normal reaction if isekai mcs weren't such wish fullfillment for lonely otakus
>>
>>159710405
MC is a well-adjusted individual with a fulfilling life, beautiful loving wife, and children. fulfilling job and friends to count on.

He gets summoned to your generic Isekai world to defeat the demon king, is given a battle harem etc etc.

He doesn't play along and joins the demon king with the condition that he returns him to his world.
>>
>>159710405
I would settle with good worldbuilding and an actual reason for them to be in that fantasy world. The fatass who writes A Song of ICe and Fire said that the real mc in fantasy is the fantasy world, having a world that's not bland is a minimum requirement for fantasy of any type, specially if you have a character strange to this world suddenly thrown into it. Escaflowne and Magic Knight Rayearth fullfill those conditions, hell, even Inuyasha does something more interesting with the premise of why a normal person was thrown into fantasy than any modern isekai.
>>
>>159715308
I like my characters to have believable motivations not do things merely because "that's the moral of the story"
>>
>>159712646
Cylcia = Code?
>>
>>159715344
or better yet

MC makes a beeline to defeating the demon lord disregarding harem and all that shit to get back home in the shortest time possible
>>
Ensemble cast with no clear main protagonist, ala Baccano or DRRR. A major failing of most isekai is the singular self-insert who can do everything, so just have an entire cast on even ground.
>>
>>159717108
Authors cant even handle one MC and you want them to write a bunch of them?
>>
File: 2yuzhb4.jpg (292KB, 841x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2yuzhb4.jpg
292KB, 841x1200px
Post yfw you remember this is isekai manga.
>>
File: 2016-04-02_56fff67e0006b_sleeve.jpg (3MB, 3000x1930px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-02_56fff67e0006b_sleeve.jpg
3MB, 3000x1930px
>>159717419
Isekai from the mid-90s is fucking great too.
>>
>>159710405
I want to see a parody of the isekai genre. Or a deconstruction of it.

"MC transported to other world, gais OP powers and builds a harem" is garbage that a 12 year old can churn out. Why bother paying an adult to write it? There are literally 12 year olds who will write this for minimum wage. Or just one of those ghost writer programs, like the one that won a competition for best LN.

An actual Isekai series should put emphasis on the MC adapting to the new world...everything ranging from the local language to the culture to living in a different time period. Most of the time, this is simply hand waved away because the author finds it too hard.

Most of the time, female characters also have no personality and readers remember them solely by how attractive they are. Male characters are usually just there to make the MC look good.

How the MC got to that world is often just handwaved away too or ignored till the very end.

Re:zero puts in SOME effort to do it but some of the characters behave in very unrealistic ways. No girl would have reacted like Rem did in that famous "I love emilia" scene. Rem should have ran away from Subaru, because he fucked up big time. Instead, he gets no consequences for doing something incredibly stupid.
>>
>>159710405
getting isekai'd into other places that are not fantasy medieval europe
>>
>>159717708
>I want to see a parody of the isekai genre.
Konosuba
>Or a deconstruction of it.
Re:zero
>>
>>159717708
Example :

>MC get transported to other world
>goes around speaking japanese, everyone just stares at him because they don't know what he is talking about
>gets chased by the guards because he looks like a spy
>bumps into some noble girl, tries to casually ask for help, he gets executed on suspicion of trying to rape her

>real MC gets transported to the same world, sees fake MC's head mounted on the gate
>avoids the city, survives by being low key
>series is all about him adapting to and surviving in a hostile world
>MC's love interest is an average looking peasant
>no OP powers
>adventurers are expensive mercenaries with their own gear or ones who work for a mercenary unit that loans out gear, not random teenagers
>MC doesn't even bother trying to be an adventurer because he doesn't know how to fight and has no gear
>if a village gets attacked, the noble in charge actually does something about it because letting your sources of tax revenue get destroyed is a really dumb idea
>>
>>159718198
konosuba is a straight comedy not a parody
>>
>>159718237
maybe Kuro no Maou is what you are looking for
>>
I could use proper world building. Seems to me japs just suck at it, throwing elements here and there without any justification or sense.

Actual different cultures, not lazy not-japan/not-europe/not-x paint jobs.
>>
>>159710405
An MC that isn't a faggot.
>>
>>159718424
they should be like Western fantasy and use Tolkien settings
>>
>>159718424
>Seems to me japs just suck at it
Maybe you should read something other than LNs you piece of trash
>>
>>159711807
this
>>
>>159711887
reminder that Abenobashi done it better
>>
Some retard neet hikki gets sent to a cyberpunk setting world.
>>
>>159718523
Then you should just read Western Fantasy you fuck, this is Japanese at their finest.
>>
>>159718790
Thats a fucking lie you dumb gaijin
>>
>>159710405
A waifu-tier dragon girl and at least a passable plot to accompany her.
>>
>>159718198
re:zero fails at being a deconstruction.

It completely skips the issues of local language, culture, etc. The fact that the MC is walking around wearing what looks like track suit should be a huge problem, but pretty much nobody cares.

Emilia, the maids and even Rosewaal are WAY too nice to someone like Subaru. The way the other nobles talk down to and make use of Subaru is far more realistic.

Going from OP powers to suffering isnt enough for a deconstruction, especially since Subaru still lives a life nicer than what he did in the old world. He gets to rub shoulders with nobility, do something actually important and easily marry a 8/10 girl...NONE of which he would have had the chance to do as a NEET. He just fucks up oppportunities by doing dumb shit like declaring himself to be Emilia's knight or for insisting on becoming a servant.
>>
File: abyss.png (68KB, 360x427px) Image search: [Google]
abyss.png
68KB, 360x427px
>>159710405
Guy gets killed, god rewards him with being a god of his own world.

Slowly improved the world to our level and beyond.
>>
>>159718900
Now define "improve"
>>
No MC with skill stealing powers.
>>
>>159710405

Sci fi/Space Opera isekai. I want alien waifus.
>>
>>159718988
or at least nerf the damn thing

like "MC can use it but not as efficiently as the person fucking trained all his life in it"

Ruler of the Land kinda did it right with that
>>
>>159718543
>>159718543
too bad that almost all isekai manga are adapted from very badly written LNs.
>>
>>159719240
I think the shoujo ones outnumber them desu
>>
>>159711169
This one is fun. It makes a lot more sense since it's a mishmash of a game and reality. Like the people are "real," in the sense they have their own thoughts and will, but the world itself still follows the rules of the game.
>>
>>159717419
Would have almost been great if they did less melee wankery with battle thristy edge mcs and instead would just explore all the interaction of those historical figues with the new fantasy surounding
>>
no "misunderstood demon folk"
>>
An Isekai that actually explores the imperialist subtext of the genre.

Like if the reverse happened where a white guy goes into not-Sengoku Japan and "civilizes them" with western technology while saying their food and culture is "not in their taste" you know the rest.
>>
>>159715940
Yes.
>>
>>159719565
Look at this gaijin thinking this would be popular
>>
>>159710405
>No RPG elements.
>Language barriers.
>Extreme culture clashes between MC and his companions, not utter acceptance.
>Actual understanding of technological progress, understanding the basics needed to actually go from point A-point B tech wise.
>Racism for good reasons. Not just "oh this race so beautiful and pure." Give both the good and bad of each race, and give legitimate reasons on why they may hate each other, such as old wars over resources, slights against each other etc.
>If there is magic, set out the guidelines for understanding and utilizing magic. This is where they can get creative, make it fucking count.
>>
>>159719741
I swear, it's almost like this list is made up to take away the fun out of stories.
>>
It should start with the writing style. Showing non MC characters first introduce themselfs in their mind and then react to some shit the previous chapter already was about just from another perseptive is bullshit.
Instead there should be a limited number of permanent character views. And non of them should just a repetition of what just happened. Either show the result or have them be entierly disconected and only hearing of things never even met the MC. Kinde like GoT(sorry, just the most prominent example) where one story strang happens on another continint and they sometimes hear how things are doing somewhere else, but of course not an eyewitness account.
>>
>>159719701
not saying it would be popular (unless something happens that makes Japan ashamed like post-Vietnam America, post-WWII Germany, and post British Empire England).

but I still want to see it happen regardless.
>>
>>159719767
realismfags are the worst
>>
>>159711807
Only one I can think of is Nectar of Dharani
>>
>>159719911
>>159719767
Not him, but those things are fun. What is important are the interactions not the things that are
>>
>>159719767
I don't agree with some of them. Language barriers are just a wast of time since MC is going to learn them anyway and should make it his first priority to do so) and understanding tech require expertise that even GOOD works disregard most of the time.

the Racism bit and and magic points I definitely want and the culture clash makes for good drama.
>>
File: connecticut_yankee_xlg.jpg (427KB, 727x1104px) Image search: [Google]
connecticut_yankee_xlg.jpg
427KB, 727x1104px
The perfect isekai has already been written
>>
>>159719767
Do shit right. You can still have your harems, overpowered protagonists, and other junk. But an understanding of the world and the people in it is just as important. Different people from different cultures clash on various issues. If you are transferred to another world, especially one that is less technologically advanced and has magic, you can bet your ass that there will be huge differences in culture, beliefs and moral values. Add in various races and you have all cauldron of differing values.

Not only that, but nothing is more annoying than racism without context. It's always designed in such a way for "woe is me to be hated by everyone, I love you since you see past that." If you're going to make people racist, give a good in story reason why. Give some of the funny insults.
>>
File: misplaced.jpg (50KB, 304x497px) Image search: [Google]
misplaced.jpg
50KB, 304x497px
>>159720315
Also great
>>
>>159719911
though the guy you are attacking is alright I fucking hate people that talk about realism in a genre literally about a person going into another world (because slipping into another universe altogether is realistic as fuck).

It's like the autists that complain about how physically impossible mechs are.

I like magic
I like catgirls
I like RPG tropes

what I don't like is the MC with no real personality traits getting OP abilities and treating in a generic DQ rip-off taking missions from adventure guilds and curb-stomping pretty much everything with his cookie cutter harem cheerleading squad save the occasional god.

can I get a fish out of water story in a fantastical fantasy setting without it devolving to an OPMC wankfest? or do I have to choose between the wankfest and the MC sucking at everything and dying in slavery because he can't understand the language?
>>
>>159720047
You bring up some good points. Language barriers are a waste of time, but at the same time, if you do have a bunch of different races, languages are probably going to differ greatly. Course you could handwave this by saying that the gods gave everyone the same language and the Tower of Babel moment hadn't happened. And understanding technological progress is probably asking too much from writers, but I'd like them to at least keep a general understanding of the current tech level their world is supposed to be at. Like what can and can't be done at the very least.
>>
Isekai'd as a fly, ant, shark, queen bee, giant.
>>
File: IMG_0423.png (476KB, 1361x696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0423.png
476KB, 1361x696px
>it's an "/a/ kneejerks to common isekai cliches and writes suggestions specifically to shit on them rather than anything interesting" thread
>>
>>159720627
yeah but what does it exactly bring to the overall narrative? Quite a few Tensei have different languages but the MC usually just decide "welp better brush up on my linguistics" you can say they have difficulty but that just prolongs the "MC is now proficient on all languages" thing

Only way I see it working is if the entire series revolves around the language barrier like this series
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=4875

or that the language is has plot/magic significant like 12 Kingdoms and the various "magic languages" in fantasy
>>
>>159710743
The world is ancap.
>>
>>159710405
Multiple world hopping, so it actually feels like adventure.
More older, life experienced guy as MC.
MC with a beard
>>
>>159720771
/a/ couldn't write a book to save their life anyways. Much less an isekai.
>>
>>159720893
ancap would be better with magic
>>
>>159711193
>He gets transported to alternate Earth. It's exactly the same, his family is even there except the him of that world has been dead for over a year. They think he came back to life and the government is after him to learn how he revived.

>not just using timeskip
Stop complicating things.
>>
>>159720962
Magic would work as far as floating islands. Not a single road in the whole world.
>>
>>159720852
For one thing, you can cause legitimate misunderstandings with language. Like even though when you translate or say something you think is good, it could be interpreted as bad due to lacking the other modifiers or words. Or the fact that a certain word is used in one language, but another isn't since in that culture it's not something understood, like "promise." It is probably overcomplicated though, so it might just be best to pass over due to difficulty.
>>
File: the story of anon.jpg (60KB, 346x440px) Image search: [Google]
the story of anon.jpg
60KB, 346x440px
>>159720771
>>
>>159711998
>>"summoned to defeat the demon lord" series where the entire series is about defeating said demon lord, and the demon lord is actually as scary and evil as everyone says
Wait, there is no series about this?
>>
>>159720771
thats lit all anime cliche threads
>>
>>159720954
/a/-produced content isn't anime related anyway
>>
>>159720953
fund it

that one heroine series had world hopping to it
>>
>>159721189
Nope, the final villain is another character or the demon lords is just a joke.
>>
>>159721749
Good lie. People would believe it.
>>
>>159721631
I would fucking draw if I could.
But it would be pretty self-inserty because I cannot stop thinking about myself as beardy, hardy guy who generally acts more than thinks
>>
>read /cyoag/ threads on /tg/
>"some of these would make fucking awesome stories I wish they were"
>find entire genre about premises like that
>find out that they only delve in it for the first few chapters before making it "MC's being awesome at everything forever adventures"

>go to Isekai threads
>people also dissatisfied about the genre
>"fantasy series has too much fantasy MC needs to be striped of his powers and die in a ditch!"
>"i-isn't that countproduc-"
>"what are you a NEET neckbeard virgin loser! That's the only way you would have problem with muh DECONSTRUCTION!"

I say fix the genre and fanbase
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 1024x576px
Question. What makes creators do Isekai shit rather than just doing a regular fantasy show/light novel? I feel like I'm missing something. It's not like self-inserts haven't been around for decades.
>>
>>159721941
People need to stop wanking themselves over "deconstructions" in general.
>>
>>159722040
It's the popular LN fad, a lot of them drop the importance of being an isekai after the first volume anyway so it might as well be normal fantasy l.
>>
>>159722040
To increase self insert factor even more.
It's easier to self insert into a beta NEET from modern Japan transported to a medieval world instead of a clueless farm boy swept up into a greater destiny awaiting him.
>>
>>159722040
loads of reasons

fish out of water story
examining the true nature of your average modern man if thrown into extraordinary circumstance (see zombie apocalypse)
relatable characters (if done right)
bringing modern tech/ideas to a medieval fantasy
redemption story
World hoping with comparing and contrasting the two different worlds
reincarnation concept

With a person from that world they're a native whereas the Isekai is an outsider and you can make interesting stories for both
>>
>>159721941
International fans on 4chan have zero influence on the scene in Japan. Nothing would change if we would bitch or not, but these threads sometimes bring out a few good points for ourselfs to think about.
>>
>>159722254
>>159722126
Cheers. Makes sense now.
>>
>>159721941
Except /cyoag/ is even more power fantasy than isekai are. Although, there's the occasional good cyoa which isn't all too far out there. So there's hope even for isekai.
>>
>>159722365
This. Also anon, why do you gotta keep using fish out of water in your post.
>>
>>159722454
Cyoas at least nerf their shit with point systems, drawbacks, choices, challenges, etc.

Isekai don't even have that.
>>
>>159722498
It's what the trope is called. Not my fault the "why do we even have Isekai?" crowd never heard of it.
>>
Army of Darkness is the only good isekai.
>>
>>159722516
>nerf
They both have game maximizing effects in the end. CYOA you have a harem, powers, and everything. Isekai same thing except you have more than one character interacting in an actual world.
>>
>>159712866
Raph should of stayed a loli.
>>
>>159722781
There was a poll on whether she should stay a loli during the wn.
GUESS WHAT PEOPLE CHOSE
>>
>>159710874
>Dude actually trying to come back to his own world
lots of isekai have that tho
shie even shield hero has that. naofumi spends like the entire time saying "he's going to go back and thus must make his lolis able to live alone"
>>
>>159722864
>not choosing big tats over loli
Obviously the shieldbro crew knew what they were going for. Besides they have already have a loli character, they don't need another one.
>>
>>159710405
Good writing and original concepts in the same story
>>
>>159711887
>Isekai is not healthy, it's just escapism!
no way modern jap audiences would accept his message
>>
>>159710749
I hate when people complain about this. There's a ton of non RPG isekai out there, you bunch of faggots just don't want to go look for it.
>>
>>159722966
>saying this to the people who wrote that escapism line
They don't deny it unlike you fags. Escapism is better than constantly trying to pretend you're happy in a shit world.
>>
>>159722946
>going to reply
>look at spoiler

yeah true
>>
>>159717108
>Ensemble cast with no clear main protagonist
there's that one isekai where the protagonist is a captain from the fantasy world who is dealing with a bunch of isekai'd japs
>>
>>159712147
I always assumed that this trope was age old, and famous. I don't read a lot of fantasy books outside of anime and manga, but is the "summoned hero" trope not really as common place as my Isekai has led me to believe?
>>
>>159723095
It is ages old, but people don't separate fantasy like that often, they just call it fantasy. Isekai however is always innovating on fads and trends which leads to developments in niches so they have to separate them like summoned hero, mmorpg, stats, etc.
>>
Isekai where everyone has stat windows/rpg system except the MC.
I know Instant Death does this, but I want more.
>>
>>159723189
And the reason MC doesn't have it is because he's so OP it broke the system.
>>
>>159722872
He thought of giving firo to melty, since they're BFFs. And he'll rebuild raphtalia's hometown so she can live there since she has fucking nowhere else to go.
>>
>>159723161
we call it Isekai because we want to shorten "transferred to another world"

it was always a part of fantasy and still is but what if you actively want a story about a person traveling to a fantasy world ala John Carter and Wizard Knight?
>>
>>159718237
When will fags like you realize it doesn't have to be extremes? Yes OP isekai protags are bad, but the solution isn't to fucking go to the opposite extreme.
>doesn't know how to fight
>has no gear
>doesn't speak the language
>somehow able to surive in a hostile land

that is just as ridiculous as some OP fag fucking around

>but he can survive by being smart
no one who doesn't know how to fight is going to have the know-how to win battles trough smart tactics. No one who hasn't trained himself is gonna know how to deal with hostile monsters. He can't even speak to the natives!
>>
>>159710643
we have that too.
>>
>>159723189
Shieldbro too, everyone uses the concept of level, experience and othrer stuff. And some people have been researching the hero stuff like monster drops and loot and made items that everyone can use to get loot off fallen monsters.
>>
>>159723268
I don't know why you think isekai and western traveling to a fantasy world are the same thing. They're not, but people seem to think they are because they're of the western audience.
>>
>>159723355
Isekai literally means "another world"

might not be a fantasy world but /a/ uses it as shorthand, it's not really an official genre.
>>
>>159723350
>>159723189
WAIT NO FUCK SORRY DISREGARD THAT i speedread that shit.
>>
>>159722781
>prefering flat loli over fat tats
you gay/pedo or something m8?
>>
>>159723322
I don't really mind if the MC is OP, but I feel like Isekai miss an important element, which is the fact that they are in a completely different world. Like they need to play up on that more, the differences.
>>
File: 1444104343902.png (111KB, 319x410px) Image search: [Google]
1444104343902.png
111KB, 319x410px
>>159723950
I like my girls a bit plump if you ask me
>>
Aside from no game elements, all I want to see is a romance where the MC has to work for it and depicted in such a way you can actually see why they fell for each other.
>>
>>159724691
If you want a romance story, why even read isekai? Isekai is more often than not, action and comedy shenanigans.
>>
Isekai where the MC is a high school girl and her love interest is a 12 year old boy.
>>
>>159724778
Because I think most pure romance stories are boring.

I want some fantasy, action, and maybe some political intrigue too. A recent example I liked was Sukasuka.
>>
File: deca0345310160.jpg (27KB, 180x298px) Image search: [Google]
deca0345310160.jpg
27KB, 180x298px
>>159720423
>>159720315
Another good one.
>>
>>159724691
really the closest thing to Isekai romance are the CN ones with female MCs but they have all the problems of Xianxia and Shoujo manga

MC is an assassin or some similar job and usually doesn't have much on their mind save vengeance and how hot the love interest are
everyone around the MC is a douche
love interest is a rapist yandere murderhobo who would kill any girl that so much as touches him with the exception of the MC
>>
>RtW translator already mucking it up on his promise
god please, i don't wanna read machine translations anymore, spider left me with ptsd
>>
>>159726212
>getting ptsd from translations
Hahaha what a fucking joke
>>
>>159726294
nigga, MT is the devil on earth
>>
>>159726294
trust me, MTs do that to you
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.