[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are isekai for failures at life who yearn for a second chance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: typical isekai plot.png (80KB, 1009x298px) Image search: [Google]
typical isekai plot.png
80KB, 1009x298px
are isekai for failures at life who yearn for a second chance? i've yet to see one isekai plot where it's a successful person being put in a place of adversity. it's always a neet or a hikki who gets sent to an alternate world with near god-like powers.
>>
>I've yet to see
Why do people think declaring their own ignorance backs up their claim?
>>
>>159458799
This. You know there's an isekai with literally Lucifer, king of demons, coming to a new world and becoming an employee of MCDONALDS, right?
>>
>>159458952
That's not really isekai. The 異 in 異世界 means "different."
>>
>>159458544
>i've yet to see one isekai plot where it's a successful person being put in a place of adversity

I'd love to see Achilles isekai'd and start fucking shit up in an RPG magic world with only his time-honed skill.
>>
>>159458544
When I was 12 years old before being a failure at life I thought being reincarnated into a Dragon Quest world would be pretty fucking cool. Apparently many kids in Japan had the same feeling.
>>
>>159458544
>it's always a neet or a hikki who gets sent to an alternate world with near god-like powers.

Tanya the evil came out this winter, there was threads about it and everything, you're like one of those people who ask for sauce when someone post a haruhi pic
>>
>>159458544
The shota from Knights and Magic was a somewhat successful programmer. Slime dude had a job, everyone in Overlord's guild including the MC supposedly had a job and a life. Shieldbro, while he may have admitted he was a slacker, was a college student who was able to save his brother from a life of truancy before he got isekai'd.

Depends of what you call successful. But yes in most cases you're right.
>>
File: ReMonster.jpg (82KB, 600x883px) Image search: [Google]
ReMonster.jpg
82KB, 600x883px
sorry they're only adapting Isekai with beta male MCs

unlike pic related
>>
>>159459079
>Ente Isla
>Earth
>Not completely different worlds
you're stupid
>>
Shield Hero, Re:Monster and Knights and Magic comes to mind when MC were not that shitty/beta before being isekai'd.
>>
>>159458544

these stories are for westaboos who hate being asian and want a white waifu, hence why so many of them take place in medieval europe and why they are reincarnated as a white boy
>>
>>159459596
>Got killed by some girl with a knife in the real world despite having the same broken power after years of evolving it and died like a bitch.

Never got the feeling this dude was a decent person, even before the isekai.
>>
>>159458544
Release That Witch (mechanical engineer)
Wortenia Senki ("normal" highschool student)
Moon-Led Journey (normal highschool student)
Risou no Himo Seikatsu (salaryman who ironically becomes a hikkineet after being isekai'd)
>>
Isn't complaining about isekai being unoriginal about as cliche as isekai supposedly is at this point?
If you were to actually read narou you'd understand that there's lots of great stuff out there, it just doesn't market hard enough to get LNs and adaptations because it's not gimmicky enough. I've seen more than enough interesting parody isekai english language websites. You're only focusing on stories that already exist and are popular, no wonder you're upset.
>>
>>159460093

You're right, it's not common that they're sent to some kind of Oriental fantasy world.
>>
File: IMG_0343.jpg (3MB, 1442x2102px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0343.jpg
3MB, 1442x2102px
Have you read this?
>>
>>159460477
Warlock in Magus world (Scientist)
World Teacher (Special forces)
ATG, Douluo Dalu, and many other Xianxia (Martial artists)
Most Xianhuan with female MCs (Assassin)
>>
>>159460589
what is it and what's it about?
>>
>>159458544
> i've yet to see one isekai plot where it's a successful person being put in a place of adversity
>>
>>159460477
>Moon-Led Journey(normal highschool student)
It's "normal" highschool student in his case too, there's some side stories that are translated by someone other than the main guy doing it that explain but he's basically shirou.
>>
>>159460780
You know thinking about it I can't think of a single chink isekai where the MC was a neet loser beforehand.
The nips really want to make it easy for people with pathetic lives to self insert into their wish fulfillment garbage.
>>
>>159460780
Technically the MC of ATG was just a normal kid before he was isekai'd since he's just the same person who died, isekai'd, died again, and isekai'd back into right when he died the first time.
>>
>>159460952
Oh also ATG isn't isekai he just got reincarnated in the future on another continent on the same planet and then ended up back in his original body in the past after dying again.
>>
>>159460197
He might not be a decent person, but he was successful alright.
>>
>>159458544
>i've yet to see one isekai plot where it's a successful person being put in a place of adversity.

Then watch Isekai Shokudou, it is airing this season, it is about a successful chef who goes to the other world once a week to cook. He is not a neet, by definition, and he has no god-like powers.
>>
File: ....jpg (497KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
497KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>159460802
A doujin artist goes to a fantasy world and he has the power to put people in the situations from his comics
>>
>>159458544

Youjo Senki is a successful 40 something year old businessman on the road to success getting isekaid into an orphan girl in a WW1 scenario because he fedora tipped God.
>>
>>159458544
>i've yet to see one isekai plot where it's a successful person being put in a place of adversity.
>2nd popular isekai on narou
>mc is a loaded kid with happy loving family and and bright future.

Really makes you FUCK YOU REDDIT.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.