[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did she really say Kaworu choose a "false hope" over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 456413216854.jpg (70KB, 400x298px) Image search: [Google]
456413216854.jpg
70KB, 400x298px
did she really say Kaworu choose a "false hope" over his own will to live in the english dub?

If so, I'm glad I got the german version back then, since there she at least acknowledges it was some "abstract ideal" and not just "false hope"

Is the english translation (not the dub in general, just the script) actually shit?
>>
>>159345233
Explain the leaps of logic it took to watch not only one but two garbage dubs and also why you watched an english dub while being ESL.
>>
>>159345589
I've only watched the german and japanese dub and saw that line quoted

And fuck off, the german dub is one of these rare cases, where it's pretty good.

> dropping honorifics
> fitting voices from talented actors, without any black sheep
> good non-lazy script writing taken from the actual japanese scripts (it often happens here, that they just translate the english translation)
>>
>>159345233
Her information is limited to what Shinji is able to tell her and the context of the Committee sending an anthropoid Angel to murder them all, it isn't anything to get hung up on.
>>
>>159345945
I speak german and I watched the german dub as a kid, sure it's better than modern dubs, but it is still garbage.
>>
>>159345945
german dubs are suprisingly good as long as they arent for shounenshit, because they the same fucking obnoxious guy for every mc in those
>>
>>159345233
Most people don't realize that scene is a double entendre and Misato is also talking about Kaji in the same breath as Kowaru. They both risked everything and died for it.
>>
>>159346616
Not really. Most are absolute trash tier. The good ones, like Death Note, FMA and NGE (excluding the rebuilds) are so rare and the rest is absolute garbage. There is also almost no inbetween
>>
>>159345233
Ok guys I just had a rewatch. Please tell me this isn't pretentious? I for God sake had a whole cringe fast whene'er they tried freundian shitfest.
How is this shit even considered a masterpiece
Asuka is the only reason I would watch this shit

I am done with anime and weebs
>>
>>159347242
Good, now leave /a/ and take the rest of the ironic weeb e-celeb cancer with you.
>>
>>159345233
Did she really want to fuck shinji?
>>
File: yamete.jpg (179KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yamete.jpg
179KB, 1440x1080px
>>159350101
Yes. She's not completely okay with it.
>>
>>159345945
>dub
>good
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.